Important notice about the future of Stripcreator (Updated: May 2nd, 2023)

stripcreator forums
Jump to:

Stripcreator » Stripcreator CD Swap » Evil Umfum Dcom Kitty Jes

Author

jes_lawson
I don't know what I'm doing either

Member Rated:

Kitty Mix #1 arrived today. Even the case is feminine. Here's the review:

quote:
The most f'd up track list you will probably see:

1.Bad Religion - Infected

Good, good start...
quote:

2.Lillix - Sick

Chick rawkin' I like it.
quote:

3.Nickleback ft.Kid Rock - Saturday Nights Alright

Probably the best track Nickleback will ever do. This was awesome.
quote:

4.Closure - Look Out Below
5.Poison - Talk Dirty to Me

Old school 80s action, like my uncle listens to. Sweet
quote:

6.Brad Sucks - I Think I Started a Trend

I heard this and thought "Cool, it's Beck" I've got Brad's CD but was is still great when I heard it

quote:

7.Evanescence - My Immortal

Wake Me Up Inside is overplayed, this is a bit girly for me, but it's still a good song.
quote:

8.Def Leppard - Pour Some Sugar on Me

It's like I'm 8 again!

quote:

9.Adam Gregory - The World Could Use a Cowboy

Was this written after 9/11® by any chance? Don't get me wrong, it's a good track. I just hear political overtones in this. I need to relax a bit more...
quote:

10.Trippingbillee - I Fuck Goats

HA HA HA!
quote:

11.Russian Techno - Fuck Me, Kalabock

Probably my favourite track, this takes me back to when John Peel of Radio 1 fame played gabba and hard techno on his show. DUMPH DUMPH DUMPH!
quote:

12.Garth Brooks - The Thunder Rolls

Holy cow - I find myself liking a Garth Brooks song. Call the muso police!
quote:

13.Linkin Park - Somewhere I Belong

I can't stand Linkin' Parks stupid whiny nasal vocals, but this track doesn't have any of those for once. Plus it has meat, dirt and bottom end that ROCKS AT HIGH VOLUME! F*cking A!
quote:

14.MC Solaar - Victime de la Mode

Probably the greatest francophone rapper alive.
quote:

15.New Found Glory - Understatement

Heh heh! Emo. This was sweet.
quote:

16.Sugar Cult - Pretty Girl(The Way)

Hmm, not bad at all...
quote:

17.Grandaddy - Revolution

The only other Grandaddy track I own. Smooth.
quote:

18.Sum 41 - What We're All About

Funniest bunch of pop punks to come out of Canada ever.
quote:

19.Transplants - DJ DJ

Indie with cheeky attitude, a bit like kitty
quote:

20.The Verve - The Freshman

This sounded nothing like the Verve, but it was cool

That was deep, kitty. Haven't read the letter yet, but I'll speak to you about that on IRC I'm sure.

---
Please replace the handset, and try again.

11-20-03 12:37pm (new)
quote : comics : pm : info

little_kitty
I bop, you bop, a-they bop.

Member Rated:

the case was feminine? *thinks to what the case looked like* i didnt think so... meh

quote:
quote:
The most f'd up track list you will probably see:

Good, good start...
quote:

2.Lillix - Sick

Chick rawkin' I like it.
quote:

Probably the best track Nickleback will ever do. This was awesome.
quote:

Old school 80s action, like my uncle listens to. Sweet
quote:

I heard this and thought "Cool, it's Beck" I've got Brad's CD but was is still great when I heard it
quote:

Wake Me Up Inside is overplayed, this is a bit girly for me, but it's still a good song.
[i will agree with you on that one... it is very girly... *points at self* kitty=girly... hee hee hee!
quote:
quote:

It's like I'm 8 again!
quote:

Was this written after 9/11® by any chance? Don't get me wrong, it's a good track. I just hear political overtones in this. I need to relax a bit more...
I actually have no idea, but that was totally not the Adam Gregory song that I wanted on there... I wanted When I Leave This House... but i didn't remember until after
quote:

quote:

HA HA HA!
quote:

Probably my favourite track, this takes me back to when John Peel of Radio 1 fame played gabba and hard techno on his show. DUMPH DUMPH DUMPH!
quote:

Holy cow - I find myself liking a Garth Brooks song. Call the muso police!
[muso?!
quote:

quote:

I can't stand Linkin' Parks stupid whiny nasal vocals, but this track doesn't have any of those for once. Plus it has meat, dirt and bottom end that ROCKS AT HIGH VOLUME! F*cking A!
quote:

Probably the greatest francophone rapper alive.
quote:

Heh heh! Emo. This was sweet.
quote:

Hmm, not bad at all...
quote:

The only other Grandaddy track I own. Smooth.
quote:

Funniest bunch of pop punks to come out of Canada ever.
quote:

19.Transplants - DJ DJ

Indie with cheeky attitude, a bit like kitty
quote:

This sounded nothing like the Verve, but it was cool

meep... i think that was my bad... Its' The Verve Pipe... which Kazaa didn't add on. I just found out this past weekend from one of my friends that there were indeed 2 different bands, one being The Verve and one being The Verve Pipe.
quote:

That was deep, kitty. Haven't read the letter yet, but I'll speak to you about that on IRC I'm sure.

I'm glad you liked it... I wish I would have made myself a copy, as that was a great CD to piss my roommate off with. I mean... uhh... nothing.

---
Okay, Lindsay, are you forgetting that I was a professional twice over - an analyst and a therapist. The world's first analrapist.

11-24-03 2:38am (new)

umfumdisi
Forum comment:

Member Rated:

Just wanted to let kitty know that I received her disc. Now I'm waiting for my parents to leave so I can take a bath and rock out!

---
Chicken Feather Bed Bugs Bunny Hop Sing Out Side Street Walker Texas Ranger Cookie Dough Boy Wonder Years

11-24-03 1:59pm (new)

dcomposed
C3H5N3O9

Member Rated:

I got kitty's, it's cool and stuff. The reason Solaar is on there is pretty shitty and I'm going to write more later.

---
Batman created by Bob Kane

11-24-03 10:38pm (new)

little_kitty

Member Rated:

*********Warning, very very long review ahead*********

So, I've decided that I [u]can[/u] be arsed to write reviews for your cds... that, and I have to stay up for another, like, 17 hours to get back to a normal sleeping pattern, so this is helping me stay awake. Maybe. If these reviews come inclusive with a few misspellings or random patches of "zzzzz's"... just let it slide.

Anyway, I'm going to be doing this in complete alphabetical order, so dcomposed's cd's are up first.

[u]Songs Not About Wombats[/u]

* I would blast this cd to get the bass in my stereo pumping *
1. KRS-One- Warning:Intro This was definitely good for starting the CD off. It always freaked out my crazy roommate when this CD would be the one in the stereo chosen to wake me up on a given day.
2. Twiztid - Second Hand Smoke Free your mind... En Vogue anyone? Sorry, i went through a mad 80's music fad... regardless, its a little slow for my rap/hip-hop tastes, but whatevs, right?
3. Vanilla Ice - Detonator Haha. I should have known that you would put Vanilla Ice on. Anyway, after listening to Ice Ice Baby and the Ninja Turtles Rap, this song is like a kick in the balls I don't have.
4. 2 Dope - Clown Love Again, a little slower than the hip-hop/rap that I usually listen to is... and its a little quieter too, which is odd. Regardless, its a good song. Got me pumped up with the ability to dance and not care. He sounds a little... Fred Durst-esque though. Maybe I'm just retarded because its early/late.
5. Kid Rock - Early Morning Stoned Pimp See, I actually like Kid Rock, so I enjoyed this song. Brought me back to blasting Bawitaba at my friend Kirstin's house on her brand new home theatre system that her mom won.
6. Bone-Thugs-N-Harmony - Bone, Bone, Bone I love Bone Thugs. I think this has to be one of my favorite tracks on this cd. But I think my fav. track by Bone Thugs is Thug Love... reminds me of grade 9 and 10... *thinks back to the blissful memories* Anyway, good bass line, good wake up song.
7. Venemous Prospect - Comin Thru I think we played this song in my friend Dave's car because he had some sweet bass goin on... The "bitch, I kill you" isn't too great, but whatever. Rappers are generally angry folk.
8. Roots Manuva - Join the Dots (feat. Chali 2na) I like the bassline/music in this one. (Fuck man, can you tell that I'm a music freak? I listen to the freaking music as opposed to the lyrics)... Sounds Sean Paul-esque. Or maybe Sean Paul sounds Roots Manuva (or Chali 2na... whomever is who)-esque. Meh, we'll find out.
9. Dark Lotus - Bad Rep ... again, rapper anger. Gotta love it.
10. KRS-One - Philisophical Whoa... Okay, i know who this sounds like... Fuck, why can't i think of it?! I want to say Busta Rhymes, but a less annoying Busta... Bah, whatever, this is a good pump up song as well. Well, somewhat.
11. Myzery - Latino 2002 This is definitely my favorite track. Good music, good bassline, and rapid fast rappers. You're not supposed to understand what rappers say, otherwise my parents would understand the words and smack me upside the head for playing it. Heh.
12. Brassmunk - El Dorado A little fuzzy, but that's just because the song is less than 128kb quality. Other than that, its a good song.
13. Tech N9ne - Slacker Ooh. This song is made for me. I'm definitely a Slacker... as we can tell by me taking forever to get off my lazy ass (erm, get on my lazy ass) to write a freaking review. Haha. Anus. Haha. *-10 Maturity* Did I just hear Saq Depot?
14. Yukmouth - Regime Mobstaz (feat. Da Regime) I like hearing strings in rap... well, classical music underlying... I think i hear timpani and strings (band nerd, right here). Regardless, good opening, even though the words are kind of... typical, "mobstaz", "niggaz", "killaz".
15. erm, whatever this song is yeah... yeah it is pretty gay. good bassline though... Is this old-school Eminem?!
16. ABK - Sticky Icky Situations (feat. Violent J and Esham) This sounds like Old-School rap... just because of the cowbell tone in the back. Wicked! Whoa, he lisps? Weird! Never hear that.
17. Three 6 Mafia - Fuck That Shit I love this song for its profanity. If I feel extremely pissed off, I go to this one first. And then I yell the words at my roommate. Well, I did. Now I'm gone. But whatever. Good beat, I like the electric in the background.
18. Kottonmouth Kings - Dogs life Haha... I love the Ska-ness of it. Makes it happy and fun!
19. Twiztid - Gravy Boatz Haha... I take it this started your obsession with gravy boats? Its got the old school beginning with the harmonizing... Its... okay.

[u]Wombat Songs[/u]
* My roommate burned this CD off of me... she actually liked it. I think that was when I actually respected her musical taste... and then she got back to the Distillers... urgh. *
1. WWE - Signature Again, Good beginning. Brought us into the light, or so to speak. It at least got me excited to hear what was next.
2. Silverchair - Freak One of my favorite Aussie bands, and one of their best songs at that. A little fuzzy (again, bitrate quality not quite up to par, but whatever)
*achoo!* (i just sneezed)
3. Regurgitator - Everyday Formula This song woke me up quite a few mornings. This is definitely my style of pump up music.
4. Frenzal Rhomb - Never Had So Much Fun Every single time i listen to this cd, this is the song that gets stuck in my head, its that catchy. Huzzah!
5. Eskimo Joe - Sweater I like this one too. Wool sweaters suck... too bad I have 2 of them that I love (damn you, fashion).
6. Killing Heidi - Mascara Yay! Chick music! And luckily, the lead singer doesn't suck ass at what she does! Double Yay!
7. Greg Champion - Dermott Brereton is a Hood Awww, a bloke from Frankston can be any good. Dcom's proven that. Erm...PS, what is "hood" slang for?
8. Machine Gun Fellatio - Rollercoaster This song stuck with me too. And whomever was listening to this CD with me, usually my friend Dani or Neil. I'd always have this song in my head as I would be walking around Res Commons, and I'd start busting my moves and people just assumed I was dancing to my own drum... those twats. Sorry. Regardless, good song!!
9. Custard - Music is Crap Different tone from the rest of the songs aforementioned, but still a gooder. "[...] you look like hell today [...]" hey, that's the story of my life! rock on!
10. The Porkers - Skankin' Carpark Blues Haha... I tried to convince my friend Liam to teach me how to skank to this song... he declined, which sucked, but then that night at the bar he drunkenly taught me how to skank, but then completely forgot. Anyway, I think this is what hooked my roommate to this song, as [u]she[/u] would always skank to this song.
11. Tism - Whatareya? i LOVE this song. anyone walking by my room would come in and give me a weird stare, but then start laughing when the guy would say "wanker". *-10 Maturity for the whole residence floor*
12. Powderfinger - My Happiness The same boat (Gravy boat?)as Custard, with being of a different genre and musical feel as the rest of the songs, but a good addition to the Aussie mix.
13. The Living End - Second Solution This sounds... oh what the hell band am I looking for... Somewhat NOFX/Rancid-esque, which is good because I like both bands.
14. Illergic - Illergic Reactions You didn't plan on making a rap cd before... I like the darker rap songs because they're just like "yeah, this is me before I got famous, sort of... Now i have tons of money and tons of love and tons of everything but I still want to bitch about having no money when I was growing up..." sorry... I be a victim of gangsta envy. haha! I love it because its Aussie
15. Area 7 - No Logic I also love this song. Ska + kitty = <3
16. You Am I - Heavy Heart Another Custard/Powderfinger genre differential. I love this song though. Its slow and melancholic... just like my life! Well, my life on an off day. :) " I miss you like sleep" Oh god. That definitely applies to my life.
17. Spiderbait - Calypso Huzzah! Chick rock again! I've loved this song since it was on 10 Things I Hate About You. Thanks for putting it on, dcom!
18. 28 Days - Rip It Up This reminds me of something too. Fuck me if I can remember though (basically i can't remember).
19. Pollyanna - Cinnamon Lip Guy band with a Haley Mills movie name... *Family Guy Quagmire-esque "Heh Heh Alright"*
20. Tripod - Hot Girl in the Comic Shop Is it really that odd for a Hot Girl to go into a comic shop?
21. Ben Lee - Cigarettes will Kill You Slower, but I like it. I like how every now and again, dcom, you just threw in slower songs, to change up the pace a bit. Good variety.
22. The Mavis's - Naughty Boy Chick rockin... wait... or is it? I CAN'T TELL! Maybe its both... a Manly woman. Or a womanly man.
23. Grinspoon - DCX3 Whoa... why does this take me back to my childhood when my parents were blasting who knows what over the craptacular stereo that my step-dad bought when he was 15?
24. Pauline Pantsdown - I Don't Like It I... don't really like this song. It definitely wasn't a favorite on the CD. Sorry, dude.
25. Scared Weird Little Guys - Come To Australia Okay, if I've already deemed a favorite on this disc, i take it back. THIS is my favorite song. i know all the words and i bust THIS one out while walking to the cafeteria at school.
26. The Whitlams - Chunky Chunky Air Guitar My 4 year old cousin Sean likes this song... he likes it because he hears "air guitar" and starts busting out his air guitar moves... which are pretty damn good for a 4 year old.
27. Jebidiah - Leaving Home Ooh. I like this song for its music. Its like... happy go lucky bounce your head from side to side music. 2 cold thumbs up!
28. Hunters and Collectors - Holy Grail Good song, lead singer needs to work on vocal range though.

And that ends dcom's cd swap cd's review. all i can say is OY.

---
Okay, Lindsay, are you forgetting that I was a professional twice over - an analyst and a therapist. The world's first analrapist.

11-26-03 6:58am (new)

little_kitty

Member Rated:

Evil_d's turn. (By the way... I saw your picture on the Wooden Badger strippers page... You don't look evil at all. Why, I think you are a ... phony! Just kidding. Don't burninate me!)

1. KoRn - Blind I'm a huge Korn fan. No one would probly be able to tell, but I am. This brings me back to elementary school when we'd listen to this kind of music just to scare our parents. Heh. Good opening song, kiddo.
2. Rage Against the Machine - Snakecharmer Again, I'm a Rage fan. This is a good one of their songs, more upbeat than most.
3. Deftones - Around the Fur My friend Kurt actually just recently introduced me to the goodness of Deftones, so I can come to appreciate this song on the cd. I actually think this is the first song he introduced me to... Yep, it was.
4. Filter - Gerbil Yeah, this is pre-Title of the Record. With the aforementioned CD title, that was when I first started really listening to Filter. I guess i had listened to them before at my friend Jen's house, but who knew? Anyway, thumbs up!
5. Helmet - Biscuits for Smut hahahahah! This song TITLE makes me laugh for 2 reasons. Biscuits (Andy Dougan?!) and Smut (there's a town in Saskatchewan named Smuts). Other than that, rockin track, _d!
6. Pennywise - Nothing Huzzah! Me and Pennywise go together like me and money: we don't see each other too often, but we still like each other. Not to say that I've met Pennywise. because I haven't. But that'd be cool if I did.
7. Clutch - Escape from Prison Planet I like the riffs... And the Rancid-esque vocals.
8. Pizzicato Five - Happy Sad The song of the bi-polar! Sorry. Its early/late. Quite a different tune to be on THIS cd, my friend, but whatever. Good change.
9. Polopop - Take Me To Your Leader Hey, this singer sounds like Nicole Kidman did on Moulin Rouge. Weird, eh? Good song.
10. Cowboy Bebop - Cats on Mars Video Game-esque! I love it!
11. Sifl & Olly - Convoy Haha. Awesome! I played this one to tick off my rancid-distillers-dropkickmurphy's lovin roommate. Muah ahhaha. Thank you for providing me with such fun.
12. 3rd Bass - Al'z A-B-Cee'z Muah hahaha... Rough voice. "O... Oh you mean Opression?"
13. Sebastian Baxter and the John Malkovich Orchestra - Hipster Sweater I love moving basslines. *drools* And jazz music... *drools more* One word... smooooooth. haha... until that point... and then its... WHOA! Its like on the Wedding Singer when Adam Sandler's character wrote half the song before him and Linda broke up and the other half after, and its like all smooth and stuff then it goes "And its all bullshit" hahaha.
14. Benjamin Luxon & Bill Crofut - Old Joe ClarkFIDDLES! And the banjo! YEE-HAW! I think i truly scared my roommate playing this one at top-volume. I believe that she left the room screaming... that is, if I remember correctly.
*coughs up a lung* (i really coughed a lot just now)
15. De Danann - Mulvihill Reel/The Dawn This has a somewhat Celtic appeal to it. I love Celtic music, so hats off to this one.
16. OneUp Mushrooms - Coast of the Sun I like this one for its different... well, its different-ness. Very smooth. this feels like a cha-cha song.
17. Matt Pollard - Mystic Mountain 2late Mix I like this. Good techno beat. Bass system of stereo LIKED this one... muah ahhaha
18. Minibosses - Castlevania I love the riffs in this song. This reminds me of ... well, seeing the Castle if you put enough words in that one background on here. See Chicka's strip.
19. Spin Doctors - More Than She Knows I <3 SpinDoctors. They're old school, which is great.
20. Modest Mouse - Make Everyone Happy/Mechanical Birds lisp? odd.
21. Blind Melon - Change I think i might have heard some Blind Melon before, but I like this one.

Thar she blows, mate.

---

11-26-03 7:31am (new)

little_kitty

Member Rated:

Jes_Lawson's up to bat. Well, only times 1 because I have yet to recieve the 2nd cd.
[u]Outrospective[/u]
1. Sibelius - Finlandia(Intro) AWESOME way to open up the CD, mate. Your Grandpa was one cool guy.
2. A - Nothing As I mentioned before, this one has a Steven Tyler feel to it, which is cool because i grew up listening to Aerosmith.
3. Apples in Stereo - You Said that Last NightOh, i remember liking this one. (sorry, i've got the cd playing, I'm just trying to remember initial reactions) Smooth, but pumpy-uppy. Good track.
4. Hundred Reasons - Remmus Hey, that's summer backwards! Oh man... I totally know what this reminds me of... Well, in the back of my mind I do. Shit. I think its this unknown band I downloaded off of mp3.com... that, and somewhat (very miniscule-ly) Alexisonfire-esque, only better because I don't really like Alexisonfire. (my friend kurt would kick my ass right now)
5. St. Germain - Rose Rouge Now, the beat for this song I liked, but the vocals not so much. I don't know what it was, but the guy's voice just... irked me. Kind of like nails scratching down a chalkboard. Yes, I know he's smooth (perhaps she? I have no idea) but it just *shudders* Next track...
6. Ian Dury and the Blockheads - What a Waste Again, I like the beat, but not so much the vocals. I think its just because the vocals are kind of shoved behind the music, which is cool because its good music, but they should define their vocals a wee bit more {/music critic]).
7. co.uk - Big Green Bath I totally just read Green Eggs and Ham to my cousin. What that has to do with anything? I don't know. But this is one of my favorite songs on the disc. I jump around the room, faux-skanking. Rockin, jes, rockin!
8. The Wannadies - You and Me Song Ahh, the much debated Wannadies. I actually LIKE this song, so you all can shove it up your asses, fuckers. ([/mean and bitchy woman])
9. Super Furry Animals - Juxtaposed with U I think it was Umfum who said this was a sexxing song. If not, i should read and retain what I read more often, but this seems like a sexxing song... Whoa, Snow-esque distortion vocals.
10. Higher Intelligence Agency - Lines in the Sand As much as I love accents, this didn't really tie me in. Sorry buddy.
11. Travis - Tied to the 90's Huzzah to bouncing head from side to side songs! I've heard Travis before, and I've got nothing but positive vibes for them.
12. Focus - Hocus Pocus Great opening riffs... Its an uplifting one, aye. I like it. I LOVE the yodeling. It's so offkilter from the rest of the song. And man, can that guy hit notes a soprano singer like myself thrive to hit.
13. John B - Jazz Session 2 I've always liked Jazz music, but I've also always hated it because my choir teacher in high school always cut me from Jazz Choir, so I never thought that I had a jazz voice (until bunner said i sort of did), but anyway, I like the modernisation of this one with the faster paced drums with the old school jazz trumpet and bassline.
14. Max Romeo and the Upsetters - Chase the Devil (jes, i couldn't tell if you wrote "Upsetters" or "Opsetiers") I like this. Its Bob Marley-esque, and my friend Liam listened to a lot of Marley. Good change of genre. Adds a spice of your eccentricy.
15. John Peel - "Oops" Is John Peel kind of like an older day Chris Sheppard?
16. Cousin Joey - Theme from 4 Friends *jumps around her bedroom, imagining it a mosh pit full of other rockers like her* this is my FAVORITE! I can't get enough of this one! Dah nah nuh! *rocks out* ROCKIN end to the cd, dude.! *goes crazy because she can't find the words to express her love for this song* Massive genre change again... Lovin it.
17. Wait, I guess that wasn't the end. Instead, its somewhat of a slower... just kidding, its gotten faster. I don't have this song on my song list! AAAACKK!! I love it though... Jes, who the hell is this? *is still rocking out*
18. Aagh! Where are all these songs on my song list? Wait.... it's probably on the extended list, which i *think* i might have left at school...oh, no. I found it. number 17 was Arab Strap - The First Big Weekend of the Summer, and this one is Joyce Williams - The First Thing I do... this is a woman?! meep.Not bad... not my style, but not bad.
19. Mark B and Blade - Ya Don't See the Signs A good bass blastin song. Bet you rocked out to this one in your house, jes. I like it... *starts to rock out again*
20. Selecter - On My Radio Again, somewhat Bob Marley somewhat Ska-esque. Haha... Except for it sounding like yodlers from Austria in harmony. Haha. This is a funny one.
21. Akabu ft. Linda Clifford -Ride the Storm Eh... Again, not really my style. But, then again, you did say that Eclectic is your middle name. John Eclectic ... I want to say Stewart... Lawson. Anyway, not bad beat.

[u]Introspective[/u]
Review Pending

There you go, my hands are tired and my body sore from rocking out in my computer chair... but that's my own damn fault for waiting so long to write this.

---

11-26-03 8:16am (new)

little_kitty

Member Rated:

And last, but not least, Umfumdisi. Again, congrats on the little bundle of joy, and I don't mean alcohol. I'm talking about your son.

[u]Rapestry[/u] (haha, i just read it Rape-stry)
1. Fred Rogers - Recorded Songs Aww, Mr. Rogers... *tear*
2. Sugarhill Gang - Rappers Delight I love this song. Whenever I hear it, though, I think of the little old woman on The Wedding Singer singing this to her husband after she sings him that sweet song. haha. I think my favorite Sugarhill Gang song is Apache, though. If you haven't heard it... you're missing out.
3. Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five- The Message I almost wrote Grandmother Flash... ugh. That's something I don't want to see. ANYWAY... i have definitely heard this song before... and my parents didn't listen to this kind of music... Maybe i heard it on the radio. Anyway, boo yeah, must bust out a backcombed 'do and legwarmers!
4. Eric B and Rakim - Lyrics of Fury I like it. I don't know what else to say, the beat is good. Different, but good. I just... like it.
5. Public Enemy - You're Gonna Get Yours What I don't really like about PE is that most of his songs sound the same. Kind of like Vanilla Ice (don't beat me, dcom) and MC Hammer. Didn't really do it for me.
6. Clevon Little - White Women haha. White woman right here... represent, wut!
7. Run-DMC - Peter Piper I'm all about the Run-DMC. I heard them for the first time on the Can't Hardly Wait Soundtrack with It's Tricky, and they've been kicking my ass ever since.
8. LL Cool J - Jingling Baby Old school! *busts out her old school dance moves* Yeah, that's right. You saw that move right... The walker!
9. Beastie Boys - Shake Your Rump My ass is also being kicked by Beastie Boys. My friend Liam loved Beastie Boys too... Good choice of song, yo.
10. Sir-Mix-a-Lot - Baby Got Back hahahaha. So, i saw the video for this i think either last year or the year before... it almost ruined the song, but then all my guy friends thought it would be wicked to learn every single word to the song, as well as all my girls to learn the words. This song brings back MANY a memory. Thanks for including it, umfum.
11. Slick Rick - Indian Girl (An Adult Story) Hah. I love the imperfect harmony... what is that, like 5ths or something? Meh. haha. This song is funny. haha. one of my fav's.
12. Cody Chestnutt - Batman vs. Blackman This is a good... I don't know how to describe the dance that one does to the beat in this song... I mean, i can dance it, but I can't describe it. Anyway, 'tis a good song.
13. Moe Howard - Broadcasting haha. squeet!
14. Run-DMC - Radio Station Damnit, will they EVER stop kicking my ass?!
**** taking a break because i just typed out, like, 4 and a half reviews in the past 3 hours SOLID ****
15. Ice Cube - It Was a Good Day I think this has to be my favorite Ice Cube song, aside from You Can Do It. This was my first listening of it, but I like it. Thanks, umfum!
16. Arrested Development - Tennessee Shit. I never knew that there were two 's' in Tennessee... Anyway, good track... Fun and lively and stuff.
17. Public Enemy - Fight The Power ... I don't think i need to restate my views on PE.
18. Fred Rogers - Different Sounds Umfum, I love how you threw in tracks like this just to throw us crazy mofo's off.
19. Dr. Dre ft. Snoop Doggy Dog - Nuthin but a 'G' Thang I like how Snoop Dog thinks that by removing the "Doggy" part of his name hes "matured" ... Anyway, its a good slow-movin rap/hip hop song.
20. Outkast - Ms JacksonTHANK YOU FOR PUTTING THIS ON HERE!! Okay, the CD that I had this song on before had massive scratches, so I had to throw it out, and I missed this song. But alas, my knight in shining cd cases hath arrived...th. Anyway, I love this song. The end.
*ACHOO!* (dammit, sneezed again)
21. Cody Chestnutt - Bitch, I'm Broke Ow, I'm itchy. *scratches* Okay, now that that's done. This song is funny. Mainly because the "bitch, i'm broke" part totally pertains to my life. Well, this stage of my life anyway.
22. Control Machete - Si SenorI like this one too. Rockin beat. I'm loving the moving (Well, semi-moving) bassline. Ooh. Deepvoice. *drool*. Ahem. Good choice, even though I don't understand El Spanol.
23. The Roots - Quills Ooh. Bassline. *drool*. Good tune, again. Damnit, i need some more adjectives. Stupendous!
24. Gene Wilder - Music Makers Haha, scr0e!

[u]Twang, Violence, and Chicken[/u]
1. Hen House I mentioned bawking like a chicken numerous times... but I seem to be able to scare my cousin Sean because it sounds so real... hahaha. Poor little 4 year old cousin whom I now live with. Muah hahahaha.
2. NFL Films - The Autumn Wind Ooh. The Voice of God. I am being smited i think. It's not my fault the holy water burns my forehead!
3. Uncle Tupelo - Black Eye (dcom's theme song)I love the accoustics in this song. Well, its all accoustics, but still. I am literally dripping to a pool of myself on the floor. Smooth voice, amazing accoustic guitar skills... *drools*
4. Johnny Cash - Delia's Gone No... not a big fan of the Cash man. His voice irk's me. Could you be anymore hick, Johnny?
5. Duane Eddy - Rebel Rouser One word, 2 syllables: YEE-HAW!
6. Hole - Violet Whoa! What the... VIOLENT genre change. Must... get out of twanging mode...Ok. I love Hole. haha. That sounds SO bad. I meant the band, you twats. Anyway, its a good song.
7. Nick Cave with PJ Harvey - Henry Lee I love this song for its melody. And its... smoothness. *is soothed into a sleep* (way to go, i was supposed to be pulling an all nighter/all day-er so I could get a normal sleeping pattern back)
8. Chet Atkins - Boo Boo Stick Beat Hey, this is really funky. *busts a few moves* Yeah, only a few moves. Ba ba ba ba... groovy, cat. Just grooooovy.
9. Drowning Pool - Bodies I never could remember who sang this song, hence why it was never on any of my burned CD's before... but, allow me to *rocks out* get it out of my system.
10. Soundgarden - Drawing Flies Good track, kind of quiet (as in quality is kind of quiet), but meh.
11. Metallica - Am I Evil? (evil_d's theme song) I <3 metallica. And I'm tired. I can't think of anything else to say about this track, other than *makes devil horns and proceeds to headbang*.
12. The Sunrays - KFC March hahahaha... I can only laugh at this track.
13. Family Guy (Peter Griffin) - Where's the Colonel? Haha. I saw the episode with this in it... and I started laughing harder than i should have, and all my friends looked at me really funny. Definitely a ... hahaha " What wrong wit you? I say you he deead"
14. Bantam Roosters Roo-er-ooo-er-ooo!
15. Lyle Lovett - LA County Hmm... I actually like it. I dont know why I thought that I wouldn't... Maybe because I'm a twat. Who knows, anyway, thumbs up!
16. Dixie Chicks - Goodbye Earl Heh. Ya'll know my feelings on this song already.
17. The Breeders - Little Fury (my theme song)
Not bad... Not bad at all. When i gave it the first listen to I kind of skipped over it without listening to the whole song. Now that i'm not being a lazy fuck and actually writing a review, I can say that I like it, and it suits my personality.
18. Velvet Underground - The Gift (jes_'s theme song) Uh... This is definitely Jes' style... but it doesn't really do it for me. Good music though.
19. Punk China Doll WOOO!!!!! *rocks out* ow. my neck.
20. John Zorn - NY Flat Top Box haha. I've heard this song before. Somewhere... I think here at my aunt's house actually.
21. Johnny Cash - Cocaine Blues Delia's Gone is better. That's all i have to say.
22. Stewie and the Cowtones - My Big Fat Baby I have this episode on my laptop! Hahaha... I GOT BLISTERS ON ME FINGERS! kills me EVERY time. That and " I'm feeling deliciously white trash! Mommy, I want a mullet!" hahaha. Oh shit... I've totally busted a gut. Hahahahaha. Awesome track, especially for this CD
23. Louvin Brothers - Knoxville GirlWhoa! it sounds like it totally just tied in to the Cowtones... but... no. Very... twangy country. :\. I don't know how i feel about that yet. Ask me in a few listens.
24. Link Wray and his Wray-Men - Rumble Sounds like Wild Thing. I half expect to hear " Wild thing i Think i love you," . But, seeing as I love Wild thing, this song also kicks. Like this. *kicks*
25. The Dezurik (Cackle) Sisters - Old Dan Tucker oh good lord. i must resort to net/nate-speak for this ROTFLMAO!
26. Brute Force - King of Fuh My wrist just cracked as I was moving my headphones further back to my ears and I thought it was just a really loud high-hat tapping. haha. i am retarded. anyway, this song isn't bad. isn't my favorite, but its good.

Alrighty. And i'm DONE! 6 reviews in 4 and a half hours. *falls over and dies* I'm spent.

---

11-26-03 9:52am (new)

umfumdisi
Forum comment:

Member Rated:

My favorite part of kitty's review was when the raccoon jumped out of her shirt and onto my face!

[hr]

Great job, lk, thanks for the luv.

---
Chicken Feather Bed Bugs Bunny Hop Sing Out Side Street Walker Texas Ranger Cookie Dough Boy Wonder Years

11-26-03 12:39pm (new)

dcomposed
C3H5N3O9

Member Rated:

Most of the rap I listen to is slower. It's a lot easier to just spit out whatever's on your mind and make people think "Shit.. this dude's fast! He must be good!" than take your time and really flow.

Even on Ice's early 90's uber-mainstream albums, there is a lot of talk of drugs, fucking, and killing. Now he has just amplified that. This should actually be credited as V-Ice, but I'm dumb.

A few of the tracks on that disc made it there just for the beat. (stupid gangsta shit) Lyrics are important, but there's a lot more than that.

2na is the one with deeper baritony voice, Manuva is the annoying brittish guy. I've never heard Sean Paul, so I wouldn't know which he sounds like. I tend to ignore mainstream artists, unless they're that awesome or I liked them before they were big.

This is probably the friendliest song off their album.

This is a lot faster and better than most of Myzery's work. He now seems to be limited to casio keyboards and talking into a shitty computer mic. Then when he's done doing that, he sticks it on a cd-r and sells three copies at a Psychopathic Records event every year. Wasted talent, maybe, he is/was a great rapper.

There's another song after this on the original cd. It had nothing to do with this and was just taking up space, so I took it off. I fucked up the encoding when I saved, and that's why it's so shitty.

I had the word anus on my disc for the last swap, I have a few more tracks with the word anus for future swaps. I just like putting music with anus out there. I don't remember a Saq Depot reference.

This is one of the tracks where the stupid lyrics are ignored and I put it on anyway.

That's what it is. The song is called "Open Mic", and features a guy named Thyme, I guess in the chorus/intro.

Lisping rapping four foot tall fat indians are teh win.

Okay = crap?

---

11-26-03 7:23pm (new)

dcomposed
C3H5N3O9

Member Rated:

This isn't really a wombat song, it's American. The WWE play it before all their shows.

Yeah, I fucked up the encoding again. I think I did on like half these songs and didn't notice until after I send them. But at least I didn't send blank discs.

Hood is slang for wanker, which is also slang, but you probably know what that is. Just someone who no one likes I guess. It could also be short for hoodlum.

"a bloke from Frankston can be any good. Dcom's proven that" I am crying now.

How hard can skanking be that you need to be taught?

The floor is just a bunch of wankers.

Ok, when I was putting this disc together I was really thinking "How else can I make kitty feel bad?". That's how I decided what to put on it.

The Sum 41 on your mix reminded me of this, so maybe it's that?

You're a hot girl.. ever been to one? This song was put over the credits of a sketch tv show, I don't know why the annoying laugh track is there.

There's a guy and a girl on vocals, so.. both.

Uh.. thanks? Grinspoon were like my favourite band from the time I was like 12 (really when they started), untill the fuckers sold out a couple years ago. I don't like when retards claim everyone sold out, but THESE MOTHER FUCKERS SOLD OUT!!!

Awesome, now no Canadians are going to want to come.

---

11-26-03 7:46pm (new)

dcomposed
C3H5N3O9

Member Rated:

STUFFABOUTKITTY'STHING:

I've heard this two and a half times, so I'm not going to remember much, I can't even remember which tracks are which. I'll do more later after I've heard it some more.

Good openy sort of thing (I'm starting with big words).

2.Lillix - Sick
My favourite track on the disc. Maybe because it's girls and I like girls? YES I'M SO TOTALLY NOT GAY!

This was used for a saturday night football ad here. I liked it on the ad, and now, even without the "highlights" in the background (it was people getting hit), I still do. Also, the Hunters and Collectors on my cd was used on a football ad, and the Greg Champion was about football. I just like football, I guess.

I don't remember this at all.

Old school like a mother fucking Mego Batman Vibrating Submarine Easy Bake Oven Holder.

THIS SUCKS! Man, brad's parents must have cried so hard when they heard this song. I think I'd rather listen to bunner complain about everything. (note: all of that = lies) Nice segue.

This doesn't sound like that other song I heard a million times a day on the radio. Gets kind of boring after a while, but It's still good.

[22:39:42] do NOT pour sugar on that man
brad doesn't want sugar to be poured on me. Which is understandable, because I have eaten nothing but sugar in the past 30 hours or so. I like this, like a lot.

I don't thik I want this American speaking for the whole world. Keep your cowboys to yourself. Really good track anyway.

I was in IRC when trip recorded this. Funny.

it says fuck lewl

The thunder samples are kind of lame, but other than that, supereminent. (dictionary.com says that means good, but I know it doesn't)

The song from the Cartoon Network ad! Awesome.

MC Solaar is off da mizzle hizzle fo' rizzle shizzle, dizzle? This is (for the most part) a serious song, and you put it on because it's in a funny language. I guess that's a good enough reason, I can't help laughing at "Ecoute bien ce funky beat".

I likes it more than I like gay sex, but less than I like gay sex while watching wrestling. (I don't like gay sex)

It's alright, I think. Can't really remember much about it.

See ^

Sounds like they're trying to do DMC.

19.Transplants - DJ DJ
OMG IS SAYS CUNT! I love it.

20.The Verve (pipe) - The Freshman
Awesome ending.

---

11-27-03 8:36pm (new)

dcomposed
C3H5N3O9

Member Rated:

quote:
Today I heard those three songs on the radio. Also that detachable penis song Jes sent for the second swap.

wangs

---

12-04-03 5:35pm (new)

umfumdisi
Forum comment:

Member Rated:

kitty's special mix (with extra nutrients for a healthy coat) aka "The most f'd up track list you will probably see."

I think these guys started a trend. Good tune.

2.Lillix - Sick
Awesome chick rock!

I don't care much for Nickelback, but I like Kid Rock okay. I'm old enough to remember when Kid Rock came out with "Back From The Dead" way back in '93. I still have THE POLYFUZE METHOD on cassette. However, this song doesn't do it for me as I never liked the original either.

This one sounds like any number of dull rock bands out at any given time.

A-ha! The first (and last) song I ever learned to play on guitar. I didn't have the perseverance or talent to become a real guitar player, but I can make some cool noize.

Brad doesn't suck--neither does this song.

I like this one. The one RAWK station here in Knoxville plays their other song incessantly, so this was refreshing.

Dump Sweetened Granulated Particles Upon My Person. During my long-haired high school days, I saw many bands in person. Def Leppard was awesome. Poison was good, too. I always wanted Ratt and Poison to tour together. At least I did get to see the GreatWhitesnake tour. Ha.

The World Could Do Without Post-1989 "Country" Music.

Brings back memories of my days on the farm...

Granny didn't appreciate this one--mostly because she couldn't find Kalabock. Still, she dances around singing it at all hours.

This was going to be on my Violence swap disc, but kitty spoke for it first. Instead, I found "Henry Lee," so I guess it worked out okay.

Sometimes I like these guys, and sometimes I don't.

The only other time I'd heard this guy was on Guru's Jazzmatazz. Pretty fly for a French fry.

[hr]

Crap, I lost the Post-It with my notes for the following songs. Only the last three stick out in my mind, so I'll have to go back, listen, and finish this review later.

19.Transplants - DJ DJ
Pending...

---

12-05-03 9:45am (new)

dcomposed
C3H5N3O9

Member Rated:

quote:
The World Could Do Without Post-1989 "Country" Music.
You don't speak for the world.

---

12-05-03 5:00pm (new)

little_kitty

Member Rated:

And voila, I FINALLY recieved Introspective. Jes, I place no blame on you.

Review pending.

---

3-11-04 4:00pm (new)

little_kitty

Member Rated:

I... Uh... left the cd case on my bed. And, welp, seeing as my butt is now glued to the chair, I'm not going to get up and get it! Sooo... meh.
Jes_Lawson: Disc 2: Introspective
1. Small pipes, boo yeah! I find that they have a wee bit more of a melodic feel over the traditional bagpips. I don't know why, but this song makes me think of sitting at the lake at my aftergrad party thing and coming to the realisation that I was probably not going to see any of those people aagain. And so far, I haven't.

2. Different. Bt I really like it. First song I've ever heard by boards of canada.

3. I don't know what to say except I was moved.

4. Oops... Pulled out my headphones there by accident... NOOO!!! SKIPPAGE!!

5. I am such a sap. I started tearing up after the first chorus. Good good good track. My fav. on the disc.

6. Very relaxing. What language is the guy speaking?

7.Woo. Culture shock. Surprisingly, I like it. :D

8. The band name sounds oddly dirty. I wouldn't normally pick out something like this on my own, but its good.

9. Reminds me of the CD I bought when I was in the UK... devoted to the trance/techno side of things.

10. He sounds like me when I jam too long or sing too loudly. Also sounds kind of like this one Dishwalla track I have... Angels or Devils. But only sort of.

11. Skipping too badly to listen to.

12. Same as above.

13. Cool!! Marimba? Started skipping badly as well.

14. Mellow and very much so. But something I would listen to again and again.

15. Oh man. Sounds Rhinestone Cowboy-Esque! (by Glen Campbell for those who don't know).

16. In Saskatoon (my hometown), we used to have a warehouse rave deali called Orbital. I never went, but my friends that did said it was "just amazing". My thoughts exactly on this track. I understand your <3 for this, lawson. I'm left with a feeling of... inner peace, believe it or not.

---

3-11-04 5:43pm (new)

evil_d
Riding through your town with his head on fire

Member Rated:

I apologize to everyone for taking an unexpected vacation from SC and not making this post about four months ago. I have excuses for what happened, but they're just excuses, so I won't trouble you with them.

[u]my disc[/u]

As the cover suggests, all of the bands on this disc are bands that are "old school" to me -- bands that I listened to when I was younger or that shaped my musical taste. When I told Drexle about my plans for this disc, he suggested that I make it sort of a chart of the evolution of my musical taste. I thought that was a good idea, so I ignored it like I do with all good ideas. ;) Fact is, to do that, I would have had to put a lot of songs on here that I don't like anymore, and a fair amount of popular bands that I imagine everyone has already heard and made their own decision about. Probably the best part of these swaps, in my opinion, is getting to hear music you might not have otherwise, so I wanted to use mostly stuff that might still be new to some people.

[b]1. KoRn - Blind [KoRn]
2. Rage Against the Machine - Snakecharmer [Evil Empire][/b]

I'm glad these tracks didn't get the negative reaction I feared. I took some flak for liking these bands back in high school. But the truth is, they really struck a chord with me when I first heard them, and they haven't lost any of their appeal over the years and the repeated listenings since then. Hard rock, passionate singing, and a meaningful message are practically a guarantee that I'll like a song.

Blind is one of KoRn's best songs, and an obvious choice to lead off the disc. I didn't really think much about Snakecharmer on its own until I was listening through my Rage discs in search of a good track to use.

[b]3. Deftones - Around the Fur [Around the Fur]
4. Filter - Gerbil [Short Bus][/b]

I think I was introduced to these bands by the same friend from my hometown, probably around the same time in high school. I like them for more or less the same reasons I like the previous two.

The Deftones put out some pretty consistent albums, but if you don't like them, you'll find Stripcreator's own lima a kindred spirit. (I like his strips even if he does frequently dis one of my favorite bands.) I think the lyrics in Around the Fur are clever and the vocals intense. I also really like how they kind of meander around for a bit, singing and playing lazily, then decide to get their act together and rock out for a while, then repeat.

Unfortunately, I can't recommend any Filter other than their first album, Short Bus, from which this track comes. I do like that album a lot, though. Gerbil's intellectual elitism was perfect for me in high school. Not so far off the mark now, either.

5. Helmet - Biscuits for Smut [Betty]

One of my friends once described Helmet's Meantime as "the same song repeated ten times". (At least I think it's a good song.) Betty is very different; the songs are more varied, more interesting, and more playful. If you want to give Helmet a chance, pick it up. It also features Milquetoast, with which you're familiar if you've heard the soundtrack to The Crow.

6. Pennywise - Nothing [Unknown Road]

One of my favorite punk bands ever. Anyone who doesn't get a kick out of the line "If you don't want to hear my problems, then you can fuck off and die" will never fully understand me. ;P Like many punk bands, Pennywise have a lot of great lyrics. Their albums helped me survive high school.

7. Clutch - Escape from the Prison Planet [Clutch]

One of the greatest bands ever. One of their best albums and best songs too. Was introduced to them by a good friend around the time I started college.

[b]8. Pizzicato Five - Happy Sad [The Sound of Music]
9. Polopop - Take Me to Your Leader [Very Cherry]
10. Cowboy Bebop - Cats on Mars [Cowboy Bebop: No Disc (Original Soundtrack 2)][/b]

Hopefully the rockin'-ness of the first seven tracks established my masculinity well enough for it to withstand these next three.

P5 are fun J-pop that reminded me of the friend who shared them with me during my first year of college. I wanted to use Happy Sad because it has both English and Japanese lyrics.

I've never actually listened to Polopop much. She was the female vocalist for Abstract Reality, who appeared on my first swap disc.

Yoko Kanno shouldn't be credited as "Cowboy Bebop". That's just the name of the anime she wrote this song for. I've used the Cowboy Bebop soundtrack on all three of my swap discs so far, and every time I've picked a song from disc 2. So, if you're interested in one of the soundtrack discs, I suppose that's the one I'd recommend.

11. Sifl & Olly - Convoy

My college roommates and I were initially divided on the issue of whether Sifl & Olly were stupid or hilarious, but we all watched the episodes anyway. (The correct answer, of course, is the latter.) Two seasons aired on MTV, and the third is available on their website.

I went through a lot of S&O MP3s trying to find one that was intact and suitable for this position on the disc. I think this one was a good choice.

Fun fact: the S&O song "United States of Whatever" has become popular with the disaffected youth it mocks, and appears on the soundtrack for the video game Tony Hawk's Underground.

12. 3rd Bass - Al'z A-B-Cee'z [Derelicts of Dialect]

In typical popular-music-fan fashion, I bought this album simply because I liked "Pop Goes the Weasel". Fortunately it turned out that all the other songs on it were really great too. 3rd Bass is now the yardstick by which I measure all other rap. Not surprisingly, much of it comes up short.

But none of that is relevant to this absurd, hilarious, non-rap track which my brother and I may occasionally still be heard quoting.

That's Dave Brubeck's Take Five in the background. First time I'd heard it.

13. Sebastian Baxter & the John Malkovich Orchestra - Hipster Sweater [Chaos (1996 Loyola College compilation CD)]

I very much doubt that this band existed before or after they recorded this track. It's got a certain charm, though.

14. Benjamin Luxon & Bill Crofut - Old Joe Clark [Simple Gifts]

My brother and I loved this album when we were too young to do things like listen to the radio or make our own decisions about what music we liked. Luxon and Crofut were a British and American (don't ask me which is which) folk duo who sang folk songs from either or both of those cultures. Old Joe Clark is classic American fiddle playing. I defy anyone not to be impressed.

You can still get some Luxon & Crofut albums on the web, but I couldn't find this one. My brother, a music major and drummer in a band, helped me record my parents' vinyl in .WAV format so I could include this track. Unfortunately I don't think the pops and crackles really come through.

15. De Danann - Mulvihill's Reel/The Dawn [The Best of De Danann]

Ethnically speaking, I'm 7/8 Irish. My family has always celebrated St. Patrick's Day (even the Italian cousins), and my parents even taught my brother and I the Irish National Anthem (which, disturbingly, is more or less about killing the English) when we were young. I've seen my fair share of Irish dancing in my house. I love good Irish music despite all that.

16. OneUp Mushrooms - Coast of the Sun [Project Majestic Mix: A Tribute to Nobuo Uematsu]

The 'Shrooms play video game music. This is the theme for Costa del Sol in Final Fantasy 7. Final Fantasy games (if not necessarily this one) account for a larger part of my childhood than you might think reasonable.

17. Matt Pollard - Mystic Mountain 2late Mix [Unreleased Squaredance track from OneUp Studios MAGFest 2002 Promo]

Eponine and I may have seen this guy drunk and making an ass of himself at the MAGFest 2003 concert; I can't remember whether we eventually decided it was him or not. Anyway, Squaredance is a two-disc set of music from Squaresoft video games (Final Fantasy and such) turned into dance tracks. A die-hard fan such as myself ought to be able to tell you what game this is from, but I can't.

18. Minibosses - Castlevania 1

The Minibosses play music from NES games exclusively. They have a Megaman medley which is not to be missed, and all three of their Castlevania tracks are excellent. If the character string "NES" makes you nostalgic, and you haven't downloaded the 'bosses songs yet, stop whatever you're doing and get to it.

19. Spin Doctors - More Than She Knows [Pocket Full of Kryptonite]

The Spin Doctors' Jimmy Olsen's Blues is the song I credit with getting me interested in modern rock. But everyone's heard that, so I used this one instead. Pocket Full of Kryptonite is a thoroughly pop rock album that withstands the test of time.

Astute listeners will already have noticed that this song features a harmonica solo by The Blues Traveler's John Popper.

20. Modest Mouse - Make Everyone Happy/Mechanical Birds [This Is a Long Drive for Someone with Nothing to Think About]

I included this song mostly for the sake of the "Mechanical Birds" half, which I think is amazing. I had listened to it several times before Eponine pointed out to me what the title was, and then I suddenly realized, wow, that's exactly what it sounds like.

Actually, MM aren't very old school for me. Sea gulls are, though, so I guess you could make a case for this song....

21. Blind Melon - Change [Blind Melon]

It's a damn shame Shannon Hoon overdosed after only two albums. Blind Melon -- and their fans -- deserved a lot better. This song in particular helped me through some depressing times in high school. I kind of feel like it got shoved in here after some songs that don't quite go with it, so if you didn't take notice of it before, just listen to this one by itself sometime.

[u]little_kitty[/u]

1. Bad Religion - Infected

Own the album and like it. Used Incomplete on my second swap disc.

2. Lillix - Sick

Nice vocals, good punk sensibilities. I like it.

3. Nickleback ft.Kid Rock - Saturday Nights Alright

This sounds a lot like '80s rock, but I kind of like it despite myself.

4. Closure - Look Out Below

Good ol' rock. Nothing beats rock.

5. Poison - Talk Dirty to Me

This sounds a lot like '80s rock, and I don't like it as much as the third track. :P

6. Brad Sucks - I Think I Started a Trend

Been keeping up with Brad's albums. This is definitely one of my favorite tracks.

7. Evanescence - My Immortal

Conveys its tone really well, I think. I can't bear to listen to music this sad regularly, but it's good that someone makes me every now and then.

8. Def Leppard - Pour Some Sugar on Me

I think by now you probably know what I'm going to say about this. :P

9. Adam Gregory - The World Could Use a Cowboy

Yeah, not too sure I like where this is going. Decent music, as country goes.

10. Trippingbillee - I Fuck Goats

What can I possibly say about this that would do it justice?

11. Russian Techno - Fuck Me Kalabock

I don't even know what's going on here. Not exactly relaxing listening, I'm afraid.

12. Garth Brooks - The Thunder Rolls

Not bad, but I'm not a huge fan.

13. Linkin Park - Somewhere I Belong

A lot of fun to listen to. I'm not sure "fun" is how they expected me to describe this, but.

14. MC Solaar - Victime de la Mode

Before receiving this disc, I had never heard of MC Solaar. Now, I own his albums Prose Combat and Cinquieme As. I think that's all I need to say about this one.

15. New Found Glory - Understatement

Kinda punk, kinda emo... pretty good. Reminds me very much of some band I've heard before, but I can't think of who.

17. Grandaddy - Revolution

I... have to admit I don't like this at all. It fails to pick up on a lot of what made the original great.

18. Sum 41 - What We're All About

It's what I'm all about too. I think it's interesting that this is, IMO, a rap song about rock music.

19. Transplants - DJ DJ

The shouted part is my favorite.

20. The Verve Pipe - The Freshman

I remember this from when it was on the radio. A really powerful song.

[u]jes_lawson[/u]

Outrospective

1. Sibelius - Finlandia (Intro)

An excellent introduction to track 2.

2. A - Nothing

I bet it's hell trying to search for these guys on a filesharing service. This is probably my favorite song on either disc. I kind of feel like I shouldn't like it for some reason, but it rocks too hard to argue.

3. Apples in Stereo - You Said That Last Night

Somehow "Apples in Stereo" strikes me as a perfect name for a band that wrote this song. I like it a lot.

4. Hundred Reasons - Remmus

Don't have a lot to say about this other than that I like it.

5. St. Germain - Rose Rouge

I would probably love this if I could hear it without the vocals. I just find them annoying and don't know what they contribute to the track. Other than that, it's some good jazz.

6. Ian Dury & the Blockheads - What a Waste!

Interesting, lyrics are alright, but for some reason this just doesn't do much for me.

7. Co.uk - Big Green Bath

Nice punk-ish sound.

8. The Wannadies - You and Me Song

I don't hate this song as much as everyone else does.

9. Super Furry Animals - Juxtaposed with U

"Juxtapose" is one of my favorite words. This song is pretty good too.

10. Higher Intelligence Agency - Lines in the Sand

Don't have any trouble believing this.

11. Travis - Tied to the '90s

I really like this and your other Travis track, and I can't quite put my finger on why. I kind of feel like they make me nostalgic. For the '90s, I guess. Anyway, they're good music.

12. Focus - Hocus Pocus

I don't know what's going on here, but it's not bad listening.

13. John B - Jazz Session 2

Mmmm, jazz.

14. David Holmes - Rip Rip

Entertaining dialogue. Good music too.

[b]15. Max Romeo & the Upsetters - Chase the Devil
16. Mr. Scruff - Spandex Man
17. Plaid - Scoobs in Columbia
18. Selecter - On My Radio[/b]

Not a huge fan of the Max Romeo track, but on the whole this is a decent group of songs, fun to listen to.

Introspective

As I keep saying, I find it difficult to comment on instrumental tracks. I'm not sure why that is. I do like them; in fact, I'm finding that lyrics distract me while I'm working, so lately I'm seeking out instrumental music a lot more than I used to. All this by way of saying, I don't have a lot of specific comments on this CD's tracks, but in general I like them and they're good listening while at work.

1. Mum - Celtic River Dance

Tranquil and contemplative. Reminds me of something I might have heard my parents listening to.

2. Boards of Canada - In a Beautiful Place out in the Country

I've heard good things about Boards of Canada, but I must admit I'm not real big on this track. The music and beat are okay, but the voice is kind of jarring. I guess it would help if I had the memories that were supposed to be evoked.

11. Roy Budd - Jazz it Up

When I heard this, I thought, man, this would be perfect for a movie. Guess I was right. That's a good thing.

14. Low - Closer

The instruments in this song are really cool -- makes me think of falling water.

15. Roger Whittaker - Durham Town

Ignoring any mistakes, this is a nice, bittersweet, and well-performed song.

16. Orbital - Belfast

Probably my favorite track on this disc. It sounds good, and I like how it progresses, adding and removing instruments/themes throughout the track.

---
The what mentioned above is total fiction. Please don't take it seriously!

3-31-04 6:16pm (new)

evil_d
Riding through your town with his head on fire

Member Rated:

quote:
17. Matt Pollard - Mystic Mountain 2late Mix [Unreleased Squaredance track from OneUp Studios MAGFest 2002 Promo]

Eponine and I may have seen this guy drunk and making an ass of himself at the MAGFest 2003 concert; I can't remember whether we eventually decided it was him or not.

Ep told me that it was actually someone else. Thought I'd post to retract my slander of Pollard's (presumably) good name.

---
The what mentioned above is total fiction. Please don't take it seriously!

4-01-04 4:37pm (new)

Stripcreator » Stripcreator CD Swap » Evil Umfum Dcom Kitty Jes

reload page with comics

Jump to:

Post A Reply

stripcreator
Make a comic
Your comics
Create account
Forums
Help