Important notice about the future of Stripcreator (Updated: May 2nd, 2023)

stripcreator forums
Jump to:

Stripcreator » Comic Competitions » Comic Contest 47: Beep Derky!

Author

Spankling
Looking for love in ALL the wrong places, baby!

Member Rated:

But it may have much in common with stuttering, for example by way of cause. I'm not Dr. Pedantic, but I believe that theories for the cause of each lead to mental development and brain disorders. I would argue that it counts.

Or did I miss your point... (what are these footprints doing on my head again?)

---
"Jelly-belly gigglin, dancin and a-wigglin, honey that's the way I am!" Janice the Muppet

7-23-01 2:55pm (new)
quote : comics : pm : info

NastyPope
His Holiness Archamian the First

Member Rated:

quote:

But it may have much in common with stuttering, for example by way of cause. I'm not Dr. Pedantic, but I believe that theories for the cause of each lead to mental development and brain disorders. I would argue that it counts.

Or did I miss your point... (what are these footprints doing on my head again?)

Stuttering occurs when the speech center of the brain is unable to send the proper signals to the vocal processes (tounge, larynx, vocal cords, hyoid bone), the typical result is the inability to smoothly transition from a beginning consonant to a vowel or complimentary consonant. For example, c-c-car. Because the center for singing is close to the frontal lobe stutterers often have no problems singing whatsoever. Therefore stuttering is a true speech impediment.

Tourette's, however, affects nearly every part of the brain. Many of its victims have not only vocal outbursts but physical ones as well to such a degree that they have to be severely doped up or restrained during bad episodes so as to not harm themselves or others. I suppose that it can impede speech, but that is not always the case and a minor symptom of a much greater problem.

http://www.tourettes.com/

---
At least im still funny .....looking. http://www.carrionfields.com

7-23-01 3:14pm (new)

NeoVid
Stripcreator Irregular

Member Rated:

Like everyone else, I can't resist using the new art.

And I think this was funny. I'm often wrong, however.

[Click to view comic: 'CC 47: What a jerky']

---
"Only things I approve of should exist." -some guy on the internet

7-23-01 3:17pm (new)

BigEvilDan
Comic Overlord

Member Rated:

[Click to view comic: 'CC 47: Australian for "What the fuck are you saying?"']

---
"Oh, look, a joke! How original! Thank you, but if I wanted my emotions stimulated pleasurably, I'd get a whore." - Donald B. Jones III

7-23-01 3:21pm (new)

Spankling

Member Rated:

quote:
Stuttering occurs when the speech center of the brain is unable to send the proper signals to the vocal processes (tounge, larynx, vocal cords, hyoid bone), the typical result is the inability to smoothly transition from a beginning consonant to a vowel or complimentary consonant. For example, c-c-car. Because the center for singing is close to the frontal lobe stutterers often have no problems singing whatsoever. Therefore stuttering is a true speech impediment.

Tourette's, however, affects nearly every part of the brain. Many of its victims have not only vocal outbursts but physical ones as well to such a degree that they have to be severely doped up or restrained during bad episodes so as to not harm themselves or others. I suppose that it can impede speech, but that is not always the case and a minor symptom of a much greater problem.

http://www.tourettes.com/

Tourette's isn't just about affected speech but both stem from problems in the brain that can impact speech. I figured that was close enough for this.

Then I also read about an experiment a woman did on a group of orphans in the '50s or '60s where she was hyper-critical of their speech patterns as they learned to speak and thus made every one of them stutter. They recently uncovered the fact that her actions were an intentional experiment and launched a lawsuit. Until that suit came to light she and the man she was working with at the time were seen as heroes in the study of stuttering in psychological circles.

---
"Jelly-belly gigglin, dancin and a-wigglin, honey that's the way I am!" Janice the Muppet

7-23-01 3:36pm (new)

gabe_billings
President and CEO of Wirthlingsux Inc.

Member Rated:

---
100 pounds of shit in a 25 pound sack.

7-23-01 4:34pm (new)

crabby
I have an awesome avatar.

Member Rated:

[Click to view comic: 'CC47: Uterus Jerky']
Uterus jokes seem popular around here lately, so i thought I'd jump on the bandwagon.

7-23-01 5:31pm (new)

crabby

Member Rated:

[Click to view comic: 'CC47: The fantasy becomes reality......']
I was jonesing to use the new characters some more so I threw together this one.

7-23-01 6:03pm (new)

boorite
crazy knife lady

Member Rated:

quote:
I suppose that it can impede speech, but that is not always the case and a minor symptom of a much greater problem.

Sure, back when I was a shrink-in-training, I used to work with a kid who had Tourette's, and I'm aware it's not the same as, say, a lithp. But (and this is the important point here) I wanted to use Tourette's Timmy. So you can all get bent.

---
What others say about boorite!

7-24-01 8:26am (new)

boorite
crazy knife lady

Member Rated:

quote:

You guys still talking about the contest?

No, buttfucking.

---

7-24-01 8:27am (new)

boorite
crazy knife lady

Member Rated:

I mean yes, the contest.

---

7-24-01 8:31am (new)

Drexle
Your Cure for Lameness

Member Rated:

quote:
quote:
quote:

You guys still talking about the contest?

No, buttfucking.

I mean yes, the contest.

Yeah, I mean we already had the buttfucking part covered. No problem there.

7-24-01 8:57am (new)

DexX
What the Cat Dragged In

Member Rated:

...but Tourette's Timmy is just a cheap ripoff of Little Miss Tourette's. I should know - I got my one and only contest victory with that strip. :) Plus, that damned Boonerism Spird keeps coming back to haunt me... Way ago, you ost damnedrich!

---
This signature has performed an illegal operation and has been shut down.

7-24-01 9:00am (new)

Spankling

Member Rated:

[Click to view comic: 'Forgive Me Jael']

---

7-24-01 11:17am (new)

NeoVid
Stripcreator Irregular

Member Rated:

quote:
Okay, my first even double entry to a contest. I thought I coudl win with A Beef Jerky Chorus Line until NeoVid's entry. Damn!

You know, I always wondered if it was possible that there could be anyone so low that I could make them defensive. Now I know.

...There isn't, really.

---
"Only things I approve of should exist." -some guy on the internet

7-24-01 1:07pm (new)

Spankling

Member Rated:

And forgive me wirthling for totally ripping off your entry with that one - duh! I didn't notice until just now.

---

7-24-01 3:38pm (new)

wirthling
supercalifragilisticexpialadosucks

Member Rated:

And forgive me wirthling for totally ripping off your entry with that one - duh! I didn't notice until just now.

Actually, it's more like you read my mind. The first incarnation of my strip looked almost exactly like yours before I went back and changed it (I liked DragonXero's blasé facial expression for the purposes of that strip). It must be the "ling" thing.

---
"And Wirthling isn't worth the paper he isn't printed on."

7-24-01 3:46pm (new)

ladyjdotnet
Snitcreator

Member Rated:

I'll be judgeing this in a few hours when I get home... so last chance to get those entries in!

---
I am a delicate fucking flower. https://beacons.ai/jesskent

7-25-01 3:43pm (new)

ladyjdotnet
Snitcreator

Member Rated:

Hrm. Okay. No further entries, then. I'll look over what we've got and be back to you momentarily.

---

7-26-01 5:00am (new)

ladyjdotnet
Snitcreator

Member Rated:

These were the ones I considered:

descolada99b - the comic was very very funny, but the left-to-right reading of it makes the delivery kind of awkward.

NastyPope - the title of the comic detracted, in my opinion, and so did the misspelling of "weighs", but otherwise this was really funny.

crabby - who was actually clever this time and would have won if he weren't always such a git that his gitness pollutes my ability to judge fairly. I just don't relish the idea of another era of crabby in the contests.

gabe_billings - the comic was awesome, but it didn't exactly sing the praises of beef jerky... it just mentioned it.

Spankling - the beatnik comic. It was very well executed, but not only didn't it sing the praises of beef jerky... it outright decried it.

I'm having a hard time here.

Okay. I've decided. gabe-billings' comic impressed me the most. He wins.

Yay!

---

7-26-01 5:35am (new)

crabby

Member Rated:

Damn!

7-26-01 5:41am (new)

skagg
Comic Overlord

Member Rated:

quote:
gabe_billings - the comic was awesome, but it didn't exactly sing the praises of beef jerky... it just mentioned it.

Okay. I've decided. gabe-billings' comic impressed me the most. He wins.

Yay!

are we to assume that the one of their two that wasn't backwards is the winner ie this one?

[Click to view comic: 'CC47: It Tastes Like Beef Jerky!']

in which case that would make descolada99b the winner right? or not right?

---
Who knows what fear lurks in the hearts of men? MIKE BOBSICO KNOWS! And if you give him a decent tip when he delivers your mail , he might tell you.

7-26-01 6:12am (new)

DexX
What the Cat Dragged In

Member Rated:

LadyJ doesn't like me. :(

---
This signature has performed an illegal operation and has been shut down.

7-26-01 8:55am (new)

Spankling

Member Rated:

Yeah, but I just couldn't get the beatnik to sign on to praising meat. We negotiated for hours and when I finally thought I had him won over he gets up and does that crap!

---

7-26-01 9:28am (new)

boorite
crazy knife lady

Member Rated:

Maybe you shouldn't have addressed her as "Her Majesty, the Empress of Chlamydia."

---

7-26-01 9:35am (new)

Stripcreator » Comic Competitions » Comic Contest 47: Beep Derky!

reload page with comics

Jump to:

Post A Reply

stripcreator
Make a comic
Your comics
Create account
Forums
Help
comics
Random Comic
Comic Contests