Important notice about the future of Stripcreator (Updated: May 2nd, 2023)

stripcreator forums
Jump to:

Stripcreator » Comic Competitions » Comic Cup II

Author

kaufman
Director of Cats

Member Rated:

Dr. Pedantic's Father Reminisces by kaufman
8-08-01
Hey mister, what happened to your eye?
Lemme tell you, I was seeing the Who back in '67, great show, by the way, when they broke into "The Kids Are Alright." So I jumped up on stage and shouted ...
Hey Daltrey, "all right" is two words -- it should be "The Kids Are All Right!"
So then Keith Moon took one of his drumsticks, and WHAMMO!

---
ken.kaufman@gmail.com

8-08-01 7:54am (new)
quote : comics : pm : info

NastyPope
His Holiness Archamian the First

Member Rated:

The old geezer should have asked the little girl about her neck.

---
At least im still funny .....looking. http://www.carrionfields.com

8-08-01 8:21am (new)

ladyjdotnet
Snitcreator

Member Rated:

Merriam Webster Online says that alright is considered acceptable now. Of course, all right is correcter. ;)

---
I am a delicate fucking flower. https://beacons.ai/jesskent

8-08-01 8:46am (new)

skagg
Comic Overlord

Member Rated:

and my crushiong blow goes as a vte for drexle

---
Who knows what fear lurks in the hearts of men? MIKE BOBSICO KNOWS! And if you give him a decent tip when he delivers your mail , he might tell you.

8-08-01 10:24am (new)

Spankling
Looking for love in ALL the wrong places, baby!

Member Rated:

And delivered with a floating "o" too. Nice touch. I always like a crushing blow delivered with a floating "o".

---
"Jelly-belly gigglin, dancin and a-wigglin, honey that's the way I am!" Janice the Muppet

8-08-01 10:37am (new)

NastyPope

Member Rated:

Congrats Drexle, well done. The hookers are on me this time.

---

8-08-01 10:45am (new)

Spankling

Member Rated:

Cool. How many you got on ya?

---
"Jelly-belly gigglin, dancin and a-wigglin, honey that's the way I am!" Janice the Muppet

8-08-01 11:01am (new)

Drexle
Your Cure for Lameness

Member Rated:

Nasty... I'll let them *be* on you in more senses than just monetary. You deserve some hot hooker sex for giving me such an intense run.

All I have to say is.... Daaaaaaamn. I thought I'd get crushed in the preliminaries! But hey, conisdering that my birthday is in two days, this works out rather nicely for me!

As promised, this was the comic that I made and was immediately oudtaded by desc's vote.

The tension mounts... by Drexle
8-07-01
Hey Drexle! Man, what's wrong?
Haven't you heard? NastyPope's ahead in votes three to two. Damn that Austin Powers reference!
Wow... That's tough man. At least this round is full of tension and excitement!
Yeah, but I was hoping to win for my birthday...
Huh? You *want* to have to make the rules for 6 more rounds of comic cup for your birthday?
Hmmm... When you put it that way...

I'll be thinking on the rules for the next contest. Prospective entrants are encouraged to sign on while there's time. There will be, as always, 8 participants. Those who didn't participate in this last one get priorety over those who want to try their luck again... so all you lurking newbies, if you want a shot at sripper infamy, here's your chance! I also welcome voulunteers for judging if you're not interested in being an actual contestant but would still like to be involved.

Thank you all, and I'll see you as host of Comic Cup III!

8-08-01 11:10am (new)

descolada99
The Prodigal Son Has Returned

Member Rated:

Hey, if there's room after people who weren't in this one, count me in.

---
"Fascist Clay was my most favorite totalitarian boxer!" - Indie Rock Pete from Diesel Sweeties

8-08-01 11:18am (new)

evil_d
Riding through your town with his head on fire

Member Rated:

Congratulations, Drexle. I think you definitely earned that victory.

Thanks once more to all the contestants. I had fun moderating this and I hope you all had fun being crushed by Drexle's awesome stripping might.

I'll be happy to participate in the next Cup, in whatever capacity I'm needed.

---
The what mentioned above is total fiction. Please don't take it seriously!

8-08-01 11:21am (new)

Spankling

Member Rated:

As the first completely defeated participant in both cups I hope to take a seat in the next round, after newbies of course. Let's see if I can keep this string going - not too tough for me, actually.

Alternately, I will be happy to heckle - er judge - from the sidelines.

---

8-08-01 11:22am (new)

kaufman
Director of Cats

Member Rated:

There's no reason the next one has to be limited to eight participants -- it could start with a free-for-all in which everyone does a comic using the same rule(s) (a la the Comic Contests). Everyone votes for the best n comics, scored on some descending point basis (voting for your own prohibited), and the artists with the top 8 point totals advance to the first head-to-head round.

If you either love or hate this idea, remember, there is a Kaufman is a colossal geek topic floating around.

---
ken.kaufman@gmail.com

8-08-01 11:29am (new)

NastyPope

Member Rated:

I'd be happy to judge & as need arises, participate.

as for the hookers, tobor and sickobunny are on their way to Drexle's place as I write this. It only cost me pygmy pony and a Costco sized bottle of Cherry Flavored anal Eaze

---

8-08-01 11:34am (new)

skagg
Comic Overlord

Member Rated:

i wanna pony

and i also wanna be in the next cup

---
Who knows what fear lurks in the hearts of men? MIKE BOBSICO KNOWS! And if you give him a decent tip when he delivers your mail , he might tell you.

8-08-01 1:03pm (new)

gabe_billings
President and CEO of Wirthlingsux Inc.

Member Rated:

quote:
There's no reason the next one has to be limited to eight participants -- it could start with a free-for-all in which everyone does a comic using the same rule(s) (a la the Comic Contests). Everyone votes for the best n comics, scored on some descending point basis (voting for your own prohibited), and the artists with the top 8 point totals advance to the first head-to-head round.

If you either love or hate this idea, remember, there is a Kaufman is a colossal geek topic floating around.

Dammit Gump! You must be some kind of fucking genius!

---
100 pounds of shit in a 25 pound sack.

8-08-01 1:13pm (new)

kaufman
Director of Cats

Member Rated:

quote:
quote:

Dammit Gump! You must be some kind of fucking genius!

It gets even better. Come to think of it, that would automatically set up the pairings for the remainder. You could seed based on score: 1 vs. 8, 4 vs. 5, etc.

---
ken.kaufman@gmail.com

8-08-01 1:17pm (new)

ladyjdotnet
Snitcreator

Member Rated:

I want in, if there's room.

---

8-08-01 1:27pm (new)

kaufman
Director of Cats

Member Rated:

Needless to say, I too would love to participate.

---
ken.kaufman@gmail.com

8-08-01 1:46pm (new)

wirthling
supercalifragilisticexpialadosucks

Member Rated:

I like kaufman's idea. If we can also figure out how to work in full-contact violence and cheerleaders, or just full-contact cheerleaders, I think we could make this a pay-per-view event.

---
"And Wirthling isn't worth the paper he isn't printed on."

8-08-01 1:48pm (new)

Spankling

Member Rated:

make mine full-contact violent cheerleaders.

---

8-08-01 1:54pm (new)

evil_d
Riding through your town with his head on fire

Member Rated:

I like kaufman's idea. Actually I like whatever idea gets the most people the most playing time with the shortest wait. But as for seeding based on score -- there really aren't that many of us here judging. Surely there would be clusters of people who all got the same number of votes in the free-for-all round. In fact, what if, after a round like that, you had a scoring total like this:

Contestant A: 6 votes
B: 5 votes
C, D, E: 4 votes
F, G, H, I, J, K: 3 votes
L, M: 2 votes

And so on. Then how would you choose who got to advance?

Here's a potential solution which I suspect won't work: each judge gets a certain number of votes, and can split them between the contestants however s/he sees fit. Like I might get 50 votes, and give 35 of them to A, 7 to B, 5 to C, and 3 to D. Problem: the longer you wait to vote, the more control you have over the outcome. Solution: secret ballot. How? Either by having people e-mail the moderator, or asking Brad to code a ballot box. Both of these seem to me to be getting too complex, which is bad. I think the Comic Contest owes its longevity in no small part to its simplicity.

Don't mean to be a naysayer, just saying what comes into my head.

---
The what mentioned above is total fiction. Please don't take it seriously!

8-08-01 2:23pm (new)

Drexle
Your Cure for Lameness

Member Rated:

Kaufman, that is an excellent idea... And I believe I know exactly what rules to use for the entry round.

I also like the seeding thing.

I'm also thinking that the people who enter a comic but do not make it as one of the eight contestants should be prepared to take on the mantle of judge for the rest of the cup.

I should have this up by tomorrow at the latest. And while the stripping and judging are going on in the entry rounds, I'll be thinking up rules for the contest proper. If any of you have any other ideas, post them here. Anything that could make the cup a cooler contest is welcomed.

I'll work on those full contact cheerleaders, but I can't guarantee they'll be more than just a strip full of anything more than sickobunnies.

8-08-01 2:32pm (new)

Drexle
Your Cure for Lameness

Member Rated:

quote:
I like kaufman's idea. Actually I like whatever idea gets the most people the most playing time with the shortest wait. ... Both of these seem to me to be getting too complex, which is bad. I think the Comic Contest owes its longevity in no small part to its simplicity.

Don't mean to be a naysayer, just saying what comes into my head.

You've got some good points there, and I agree that things need to be kept relatively simple. I do have another idea, though...

I like the secret ballot idea, and will open up my e-mail for the purpose. However, I was thinking of doing it like this...

Have the entry round last approximately 36 hours, and then after I call a halt to the entries, everyone gives a score between 1 - 100 to all the comics (except their own). I will then average out all the scores, and pick the top eight. This makes the event of a massive tie almost non-existant.

Sound good? Too long a time limit? Not enough?

8-08-01 2:39pm (new)

ladyjdotnet
Snitcreator

Member Rated:

I like.

Drexle and kaufman each get a cookie.

---

8-08-01 3:19pm (new)

Drexle
Your Cure for Lameness

Member Rated:

Wirthling's full body contact cheerleaders by Drexle
8-08-01
Oh shit!!!
C'mere, big boy!!!
Whatta hunka man!
TWO - FOUR - SIX - EIGHT - CORNHOLES - ARE - FOR - ME - TO - RAPE! RAAAAAAAARRRRR!!!

8-08-01 4:01pm (new)

Stripcreator » Comic Competitions » Comic Cup II

reload page with comics

Jump to:

Post A Reply

stripcreator
Make a comic
Your comics
Create account
Forums
Help