Important notice about the future of Stripcreator (Updated: May 2nd, 2023)

stripcreator forums
Jump to:

Stripcreator » Comic Competitions » Comic Cup II

Author

NastyPope
His Holiness Archamian the First

Member Rated:

shit shit shit shit. yes, that is what I meant. at least correct and incorrect it came out to an odd number.

doesn't matter anyways. It sucked and I'm doomed. doomed I tell you. I suffer from twistadickahobia

---
At least im still funny .....looking. http://www.carrionfields.com

8-05-01 12:44pm (new)
quote : comics : pm : info

wirthling
supercalifragilisticexpialadosucks

Member Rated:

Are you kidding? That rocked. Kaufman has his work cut out for him. The phrase "confectionary jism" alone makes that comic hard to beat. Plus, I thought the slaughter of the word "triskaidekaphobia" fit nicely with the "Nonsensicalalities" of the title. Good show.

---
"And Wirthling isn't worth the paper he isn't printed on."

8-05-01 12:54pm (new)

ladyjdotnet
Snitcreator

Member Rated:

I have to agree. That was pretty funny, bad spelling notwithstanding. :)

---
I am a delicate fucking flower. https://beacons.ai/jesskent

8-05-01 3:27pm (new)

evil_d
Riding through your town with his head on fire

Member Rated:

Not to get ahead of ourselves here, but. The championship round is just around the corner, and we're going to generate the rule set for it in the same manner as last time: soliciting one rule apiece from each of the defeated contestants. So if you were a player in Comic Cup II, but have already been eliminated, here's your chance for revenge on those who bested you. Start thinking about a rule to contribute, keeping in mind that there will be five other rules and they'll all have to work together. Once you think up a good one, send it to me and I'll organize them all, figure out whether any get in each other's way, and then post them when the time is right.

To get in touch with me, follow the link in my sig to my webpage, and get my e-mail address from there. If you don't have an e-mail account or don't want to give it out, you can poke around and figure out how to find me on IRC or AIM, or else you can just post your rule here, but I think it would be cooler if we revealed all the rules at once.

Okay, that's all for now from Comic Cup Central.

---
The what mentioned above is total fiction. Please don't take it seriously!

8-05-01 5:45pm (new)

kaufman
Director of Cats

Member Rated:

8-05-01 6:16pm (new)

Drexle
Your Cure for Lameness

Member Rated:

The Pope, he is Nasty! And he has my vote.

8-05-01 6:22pm (new)

wirthling

Member Rated:

Another vote for NastyPopeling.

---

8-05-01 6:50pm (new)

wirthling

Member Rated:

Although my vote could change depending on kaufman's willingness to purchase a 9-piece living room furniture set from me.

---

8-05-01 6:52pm (new)

gabe_billings
President and CEO of Wirthlingsux Inc.

Member Rated:

Put me down for the Nasty Pontiff.

---
100 pounds of shit in a 25 pound sack.

8-05-01 7:00pm (new)

descolada99
The Prodigal Son Has Returned

Member Rated:

Gotta go with His Nastyness.

---
"Fascist Clay was my most favorite totalitarian boxer!" - Indie Rock Pete from Diesel Sweeties

8-05-01 7:31pm (new)

Spankling
Looking for love in ALL the wrong places, baby!

Member Rated:

No need to start the smokestacks. The current pope still rules. I vote for him.

---
"Jelly-belly gigglin, dancin and a-wigglin, honey that's the way I am!" Janice the Muppet

8-05-01 8:18pm (new)

evil_d

Member Rated:

The power of Christ compels me to announce another shutout. (You can tell I'm trying to get as much mileage as I can out of these religion jokes.) NastyPope advances to the final round, where he and Drexle will engage in mortal combat!

I didn't expect the votes to be in this soon. So far I've only received one rule for Round 7. Send 'em on in, folks -- we need one from all Comic Cup II contestants except for the two above-named -- and we'll get things rolling as soon as possible. However, because of when I will and won't be able to check my e-mail, I would expect the rule set to be posted sometime Monday night if all goes smoothly, and Tuesday night if it doesn't.

---

8-05-01 9:27pm (new)

Drexle
Your Cure for Lameness

Member Rated:

8-05-01 9:53pm (new)

ladyjdotnet
Snitcreator

Member Rated:

Ya know... I'm not sore that I didn't make it to the finals, but I just can't believe that both kaufman and I were shut out. There's something wrong with the universe or something.

---
I am a delicate fucking flower. https://beacons.ai/jesskent

8-05-01 10:51pm (new)

Drexle
Your Cure for Lameness

Member Rated:

No shit... hence my rather amazed commentary.

8-05-01 10:55pm (new)

kaufman
Director of Cats

Member Rated:

I obviously picked the wrong week to give up cleavage ...

Nor am I sore, but I hoped someone would have tossed me a vote or two for my comfort with the odd letter rule :-)

Oh well, glad to have brought out the best in you, NP -- now don't hate me for the rule I'm about to provide!

---
ken.kaufman@gmail.com

8-06-01 5:50am (new)

skagg
Comic Overlord

Member Rated:

nasty pope

does it matter any more?

---
Who knows what fear lurks in the hearts of men? MIKE BOBSICO KNOWS! And if you give him a decent tip when he delivers your mail , he might tell you.

8-06-01 11:31am (new)

evil_d

Member Rated:

I've got five rules which I think will work together. Still waiting to hear from you, skagg.

---

8-06-01 3:26pm (new)

skagg
Comic Overlord

Member Rated:

hear from me for what?

---
Who knows what fear lurks in the hearts of men? MIKE BOBSICO KNOWS! And if you give him a decent tip when he delivers your mail , he might tell you.

8-07-01 4:55am (new)

evil_d

Member Rated:

We need you to contribute a rule for the final round, kinda like last time. Check out the post I made about it earlier, right above kaufman's comic.

---

8-07-01 5:33am (new)

skagg
Comic Overlord

Member Rated:

And evil too... gotta like that. Does the "d" stand for dominatrix?

no its deceiver isnt it?

---

8-07-01 5:51am (new)

skagg
Comic Overlord

Member Rated:

i just noticed a typo in my entry

(_p_)

---

8-07-01 6:00am (new)

skagg
Comic Overlord

Member Rated:

i just noticed a typo in my entry

(_p_)

---

8-07-01 6:02am (new)

skagg
Comic Overlord

Member Rated:

argh dammit

sorry guys, double post shit

---

8-07-01 6:03am (new)

evil_d

Member Rated:

Right, then. I've got all six rules, and it looks like they can all be used together. Thanks to the contributors (someone has to thank you, because it won't be the finalists).

Final Round: Drexle vs. NastyPope

1. At least one frame must take place in the year 1969. [Spankling] (I guess it's okay if only one side of a panel with the splitter background takes place in that year, but I don't even know why you'd do that.)

2. The comic must contain a popular television commercial or advertising catchphrase, like "Oh, what a feeling!" or "Finger licking good." [LadyJ]

3. Neal (from When I Grow Up) must appear at least twice. [crabby]

4. Take a well-known historical event, and change one of the circumstances surrounding it. Write what happens instead. [kaufman] (So as not to make things too difficult, your comic need not actually depict the altered event itself. But we definitely have to see some of the ramifications of the change. We need to know what happened differently, and how the world turned out differently because of it.)

5. Include a reference to a tea party (preferably the "little girls in dresses" kind, not the "dress up like indians and throw tea into the boston harbor" kind). [descolada99]

6. One character must have given up his (or her) left nut for something. [skagg]

This is for all the marbles, folks. Once someone gets five votes for a legal strip, he is victorious, and wins the admiration of millions, plus the right to moderate the next Comic Cup. Good luck to both contestants. Now make us laugh.

---

8-07-01 10:29am (new)

Stripcreator » Comic Competitions » Comic Cup II

reload page with comics

Jump to:

Post A Reply

stripcreator
Make a comic
Your comics
Create account
Forums
Help