Important notice about the future of Stripcreator (Updated: May 2nd, 2023)

stripcreator forums
Jump to:

Stripcreator » Stripcreator CD Swap » Stripcreator CD Swap #4

Author

fuzzyman
Alpha Geek

Member Rated:

quote:
[b]Listen up dirtbags!

Those of you who have not sent out discs for CD Swap #3 by the last week of January will not be allowed to participate in Swap #4.[/b]

Yes, I have the power to enforce this rule.
I understand that some people have had problems with burners and printers and the like, but you guys really need to finish up--even if you're not going to join Swap #4. Thanks, umfum.

Thank you. Considering that you were the only person to send me a CD, and you weren't even in my group, I completely agree.

---
...Trot and Cap'n Bill were free from anxiety and care. Button-Bright never worried about anything. The Scarecrow, not being able to sleep, looked out of the window and tried to count the stars.

1-18-04 8:51am (new)
quote : comics : pm : info

little_kitty
I bop, you bop, a-they bop.

Member Rated:

BOOBIES

Now that I have your attention, here's the latest on the swap. So far there are 17 people signed up for it. If we can recruit another 3 people, that would make 20. Enough of the math lesson. If we get the 20, what type of groups would ya'll prefer: four groups of five or five groups of four? Post your feelings on this here, or pm, or email me, and we'll get this all sorted. Also, try to recruit another 3... I've been hitting up everyone that I've talked to, but to get the rest of you promoting it can't hurt.

Cheers!

---
Okay, Lindsay, are you forgetting that I was a professional twice over - an analyst and a therapist. The world's first analrapist.

1-19-04 1:57pm (new)

Matchbook_Romance
Going. Coming.

Member Rated:

Five for twenty sounds good.

1-19-04 4:04pm (new)

Drexle
Your Cure for Lameness

Member Rated:

five groups.

1-19-04 7:39pm (new)

attitudechicka
is never bored.

Member Rated:

Five of Four sounds good to me. Then I only have to buy two two-packs of bubble envelopes. And none go to waste.

Is anyone going to be pissed if the CD case is a flat case? My brother has preferences on this, was wondering if anyone else did.

---
Mediocrity at its most average.

1-20-04 7:26am (new)

mmyers
Passing through.

Member Rated:

5 groups of 4 sounds good to me as well. I think there were at least 3 others who didn't mind tapes.

---
Peeing sitting down is the gift you give yourself.

1-20-04 1:19pm (new)

choadwarrior
Crash Magnet

Member Rated:

1-20-04 7:13pm (new)

fuzzyman
Alpha Geek

Member Rated:

Five of Four.

---
...Trot and Cap'n Bill were free from anxiety and care. Button-Bright never worried about anything. The Scarecrow, not being able to sleep, looked out of the window and tried to count the stars.

1-20-04 8:14pm (new)

attitudechicka
is never bored.

Member Rated:

Everyone who is sending tapes have CD players, correct? I'd hate to have to do extra work just for you all still stuck in the 80's. It's really not a problem, but it requires me to get the timing just right and leave lots of blank spaces. Plus, my CD to tape recorder is in storage right now.

---
Mediocrity at its most average.

1-21-04 9:34am (new)

Drexle
Your Cure for Lameness

Member Rated:

I still say the tape people should be in a seperate group. I'm not making a tape and I have no way to play one if it's sent to me.

1-21-04 11:09am (new)

ivytheplant
Obsessive Comic Disorder

Member Rated:

Whatever groups of whatever. Doesn't bother me. I love tormenting people with CDs I make...um...I mean...yeah...

1-21-04 11:11am (new)

little_kitty

Member Rated:

Tapes

I do believe that Umfum IS making a group for those willing to accept mmyers technologically challenged contribution to the swap, as well as taking on anyone who says "meh" to getting a tape. As far as I know, everyone else is sending CD, so there's only one "taper" who signed up.

Don't get me wrong, mmyers, mixed tapes are cool. But CD's you can get so much cooler cover art...

Anyway, just letting you know what's going down.

---
Okay, Lindsay, are you forgetting that I was a professional twice over - an analyst and a therapist. The world's first analrapist.

1-21-04 1:57pm (new)

kaufman
Director of Cats

Member Rated:

I can provide taped stuff too ...

---
ken.kaufman@gmail.com

1-21-04 7:36pm (new)

Scyess
Official Traveling Menstrual

Member Rated:

*sigh*

Count me in!

---
"Old" is the old new.

1-21-04 8:18pm (new)

DragonXero
I'm Here, You're Queer, Get Used to it

Member Rated:

Tapes suck.

---
Do you want ants? Because that's how you get ants.

1-21-04 10:19pm (new)

TheBlairZip
Makes a Great Meal

Member Rated:

I will be making CDs, but would be willing to receive a tape. Of course, mmyers and I both live in Atlanta, so we could just swap in person...or I can burn a CD for him. I'm just saying...

---
If it wasn't for bad luck I wouldn't have no luck at all. D'OH!

1-22-04 7:45am (new)

mmyers
Passing through.

Member Rated:

Yup, I have a CD player, just not the ability to replicate them.

And blairzip, that'd be fine with me too. Hey, not to plug myself, but...
You should come see my show at Dad's Garage, opening tomorrow.=)

---

1-22-04 10:57am (new)

TheBlairZip
Makes a Great Meal

Member Rated:

No kiddin'? You're in the new 8 1/2 x 11 festival?

---
If it wasn't for bad luck I wouldn't have no luck at all. D'OH!

1-22-04 11:44am (new)

mmyers
Passing through.

Member Rated:

Yep. I'm the one with the faux-hawk.

---

1-22-04 12:55pm (new)

umfumdisi
Forum comment:

Member Rated:

And thus in the year 2004, a great debate arose concerning the merits and demerits of the recording format known as the cassette tape. Yea, though tapes possessed many quality characteristics such as

[b]1. Longer recording/playback time
2. Greater physical durability
3. More compact than a "compact disc"
4. Try sneaking your CD burner into a concert [/b] and
5. That cool hiss that CDs just can't replicate

it was decided that segregation between the cassette and CD formats should occur in stripcreator land during the CD Swap #4. And, lo, a crisis was averted...

[hr]

Okay, right now we have one group of mmyers, BlairZip, kaufman, and umfumdisi. I'm assuming that kaufman wants to send out tapes; that's fine with me.

The rest of the swap #4 groups will be CD only.

For future reference, perhaps kaufman or mmyers could set up a Stripcreator Cassette Swap for those unable to burn CDs but still wanting to trade some form of music. I suppose they would also have to bug Brad and have him set up a Cassette Swap Forum. Any eager beavers such as myself could then participate in both!

---
Chicken Feather Bed Bugs Bunny Hop Sing Out Side Street Walker Texas Ranger Cookie Dough Boy Wonder Years

1-22-04 1:26pm (new)

kaufman
Director of Cats

Member Rated:

Right, unless someone explains to me how to get my mixed-media (including tape) music online for burning. I've sent my vitles to kitty.

A simpler suggestion would be to ask Brad to rename the forum Stripcreator Music Swap.

---
ken.kaufman@gmail.com

1-22-04 1:33pm (new)

umfumdisi
Forum comment:

Member Rated:

I would also like to thank little_kitty for helping me out with this swap. She's Rockin' like DOKKEN!

[hr]

The sad truth here is that my father passed away January 11th after battling a rare form of cancer for over a year. He was 52. His doctors had given him six months just after Christmas, but the cancer came back stronger than even they could know. So I have been dealing with that and family matters, and I haven't been in the mood to make comics.

However, I know there was at least one thing I got from my father (we were very different physically). That thing is a deep love and appreciation for music. I thank him for that. I also think that participating in swap #4 will help me deal with his death.

Thanks for listening, and I'll get back in comic-making mode one of these days.

---
Chicken Feather Bed Bugs Bunny Hop Sing Out Side Street Walker Texas Ranger Cookie Dough Boy Wonder Years

1-22-04 1:37pm (new)

not_Scyess
not laughing with you

Member Rated:

Tender vitles?

---
peddling the funny around since 09/24/2002

1-23-04 5:37pm (new)

little_kitty

Member Rated:

And... we're done!

Alrighty folks, the sign-up sheet has now been ripped off of the wall and into the hands of the almighty Umfum. Groups will be emailed to you within the first week of February, and then we can start swappin!!

Captain Kitty, over and out.

---

1-28-04 3:40am (new)

crabby
I have an awesome avatar.

Member Rated:

So I'm to late?

1-28-04 1:37pm (new)

Stripcreator » Stripcreator CD Swap » Stripcreator CD Swap #4

reload page with comics

Jump to:

Post A Reply