Important notice about the future of Stripcreator (Updated: May 2nd, 2023)

stripcreator forums
Jump to:

Stripcreator » Comic Competitions » Comic Cup III -- Enter All Who Dare

Author

gabe_billings
President and CEO of Wirthlingsux Inc.

Member Rated:

Yikes. Tough one. I'm going to have to give the nod to evil_d by a very slim margin. They were both great.

---
100 pounds of shit in a 25 pound sack.

8-20-01 6:39pm (new)
quote : comics : pm : info

fpd
Doctor of Fine Parody

Member Rated:

This is a tough one to vote on. The set that evil_d began and kaufman finished was the only one I laughed at. I didn't think much of the other one. I don't think either handled the devout Catholic requirement very well. In kaufman's Pantychrist, the woman talking to Jesus about having sex with him couldn't be a devout Catholic, because no devout Catholic would do that. When I saw the word "sanctuary" in evil_d's Late Night TV (part 2), I thought of Logan's Run, not of Catholicism. Besides that, he wrote that the word was supposed to identify Maura as a devout Catholic, yet it is the skeleton of Jon who is thinking it. So that just doesn't make sense. Assuming that none of the strips are disqualified for breaking the rules, my vote will go to evil_d, because his best strip was funnier than kaufman's best strip. I particularly liked what he did with the after-school sales.

---
FPD is the foremost plague on discussion boards. Do your part to stomp out FPD.

8-20-01 6:54pm (new)

evil_d
Riding through your town with his head on fire

Member Rated:

Actually, the characters switch places in the final panel, which is generally something you should not do, especially if you're also switching the graphics used for both characters. I just needed Maura's dialogue to come second in that panel, and I hoped the dust cloud thing would get across the fact that they'd switched. Eh. I'm not a big fan of my second strip. But I do like my first one.

---
The what mentioned above is total fiction. Please don't take it seriously!

8-20-01 7:44pm (new)

NastyPope
His Holiness Archamian the First

Member Rated:

Gotta go with Kaufman but the smallest of margins. Both were very very well done considering the rules.

---
At least im still funny .....looking. http://www.carrionfields.com

8-20-01 8:38pm (new)

Drexle
Your Cure for Lameness

Member Rated:

I'm going to rule that they were just barely close enough with the Catholic rule. I've actually seen some girls who *are* like the one who wants to do jesus, and the "Sanctuary" line was at least passable.

That said, I have to agree that the one that went from evil_d to kaufman was overall better than the other. I *do* know who I would vote for, but since I don't vote unless there's a tie it proabably won't happen anyway.

8-20-01 8:56pm (new)

ladyjdotnet
Snitcreator

Member Rated:

I vote for kaufman.

---
I am a delicate fucking flower. https://beacons.ai/jesskent

8-20-01 9:50pm (new)

wirthling
supercalifragilisticexpialadosucks

Member Rated:

You make it sound so cheap. I do not "fuck donkeys." I prefer to say I "piledrive asses."

---
"And Wirthling isn't worth the paper he isn't printed on."

8-20-01 11:16pm (new)

gabe_billings
President and CEO of Wirthlingsux Inc.

Member Rated:

I prefer to say wirthling piledrives asses, too.

---
100 pounds of shit in a 25 pound sack.

8-21-01 2:53am (new)

kaufman
Director of Cats

Member Rated:

Although it's probably points off if I have to explain it, I will for fpd's enlightenment. For those of you who haven't voted yet who would like the unadulterated experience of judging, stop reading right now ...

SPOILER WARNINGS

As I saw it, my strip featured two devout Catholics -- the Holly character (although she does belong to a fringe order), and the Maura character, who had rediscovered her religion. She isn't talking to Jesus; she's looking at a crucifix while talking to Neil, but I left my crowbar in my other pants, so I couldn't fit all three of them into one panel.

Anyway, if that's all too confusing to you who are still uncommitted and went ahead and read this thing, go ahead and vote for evil_d.

---
ken.kaufman@gmail.com

8-21-01 5:50am (new)

boorite
crazy knife lady

Member Rated:

You make it sound so cheap. I do not "fuck donkeys." I prefer to say I "piledrive asses."

There's money in that.

---
What others say about boorite!

8-21-01 7:22am (new)

skagg
Comic Overlord

Member Rated:

evil_d

---
Who knows what fear lurks in the hearts of men? MIKE BOBSICO KNOWS! And if you give him a decent tip when he delivers your mail , he might tell you.

8-21-01 10:18am (new)

Spankling
Looking for love in ALL the wrong places, baby!

Member Rated:

evil_d

---
"Jelly-belly gigglin, dancin and a-wigglin, honey that's the way I am!" Janice the Muppet

8-22-01 9:50am (new)

Drexle
Your Cure for Lameness

Member Rated:

I was supposed to call an end to the votes yesterday, but it slipped my mind to check the thread. You all have another two hours to vote.

8-22-01 10:05am (new)

Drexle
Your Cure for Lameness

Member Rated:

Well, it's 4-3 evil_d! This puts him in the position to possibly be the first 2 time winner of the cup. Or will Spankling finally prove that he doesn't suck as much as he thinks he does?

Okay, I still need to get rules suggestions for the final round from all you previously defeated contestants. My e-mail address is in my profile, and I can't start the finals until I have six rules.

8-22-01 12:51pm (new)

Spankling

Member Rated:

[Click to view comic: 'The Finals']

---
"Jelly-belly gigglin, dancin and a-wigglin, honey that's the way I am!" Janice the Muppet

8-22-01 1:09pm (new)

evil_d

Member Rated:

Well, now that the round is over, I can come out and say that I personally would probably have voted for kaufman. His entries were consistent, whereas I blew a strong start by following it with the worst comic I've ever made (if you don't count the genius of Diablo's part, which I don't, because it wasn't mine). But who am I to challenge the Will of the People, eh? Anyway, good show, Doc.

En garde, Sir Spankling!

---

8-22-01 1:23pm (new)

kaufman
Director of Cats

Member Rated:

quote:
Well, now that the round is over, I can come out and say that I personally would probably have voted for kaufman. His entries were consistent, whereas I blew a strong start by following it with the worst comic I've ever made (if you don't count the genius of Diablo's part, which I don't, because it wasn't mine). But who am I to challenge the Will of the People, eh? Anyway, good show, Doc.

En garde, Sir Spankling!

Well, personally after that duet, I was hoping for a tie, so that we could take on the Spankster together. Anyways, good luck to both of you.

Now to send Drexle a rule, the same one everyone else is sending.

---
ken.kaufman@gmail.com

8-22-01 1:37pm (new)

Spankling

Member Rated:

That would hurt.

---

8-22-01 1:41pm (new)

senselor
Stripcreator Newbie

Member Rated:

maybe it comes to late, but i discovered this site today ...
anyways, this is my first comic (very inspired by the diesel sweeties)

[Click to view comic: 'Red Robot']

8-23-01 5:55am (new)

Drexle
Your Cure for Lameness

Member Rated:

quote:
maybe it comes to late, but i discovered this site today ...
anyways, this is my first comic (very inspired by the diesel sweeties)

Eh, not bad. But take this sort of thing to another thread. This one is for Comic Cup related posts.

8-23-01 11:13am (new)

Spankling

Member Rated:

I will have no Internet access this weekend. I'll check in on Monday.

---

8-24-01 1:50pm (new)

Drexle
Your Cure for Lameness

Member Rated:

That's okay, at this rate it will be another two years before I get the rules from everyone... considering that kaufman is currently the ONLY one who's submitted a rule so far.

8-24-01 5:44pm (new)

evil_d

Member Rated:

Excellent! Easy round!

Any chance your mail server has been having problems? When I collected rules for Cup 2, I had four or five pour in within half a day. Doesn't seem consistent for this group to be so unresponsive.

---

8-24-01 6:21pm (new)

Drexle
Your Cure for Lameness

Member Rated:

quote:

Any chance your mail server has been having problems? When I collected rules for Cup 2, I had four or five pour in within half a day. Doesn't seem consistent for this group to be so unresponsive.

I've been getting my e-mail just fine for the past few days, so there's no problem that I know of.

Well, I know that Crabby's away plunging off the Niagra Falls, but that doesn't account for the rest of them. I'm about to just write my own six rules for *this* round too. It's a shame that they're not into it this time. I think that 5th round took a lot of the enthusiasm out of people.

8-24-01 6:42pm (new)

ladyjdotnet
Snitcreator

Member Rated:

I'll take responsibility for part of that, but not all of it. I apologize for my portion.

---
I am a delicate fucking flower. https://beacons.ai/jesskent

8-24-01 11:33pm (new)

Stripcreator » Comic Competitions » Comic Cup III -- Enter All Who Dare

reload page with comics

Jump to:

Post A Reply

stripcreator
Make a comic
Your comics
Create account