Important notice about the future of Stripcreator (Updated: May 2nd, 2023)

stripcreator forums
Jump to:

Stripcreator » Comic Competitions » Comic Cup III -- Enter All Who Dare

Author

wirthling
supercalifragilisticexpialadosucks

Member Rated:

To where will I be mailing my votes?

---
"And Wirthling isn't worth the paper he isn't printed on."

8-10-01 3:16pm (new)
quote : comics : pm : info

Spankling
Looking for love in ALL the wrong places, baby!

Member Rated:

blackhole@cyberspace.net

---
"Jelly-belly gigglin, dancin and a-wigglin, honey that's the way I am!" Janice the Muppet

8-10-01 3:32pm (new)

fpd
Doctor of Fine Parody

Member Rated:

Here's my submission for the entry round of the competition. I'm new here, but I'm eager to try out my talent in competition.

[Click to view comic: 'Prelude to Comics Cup III']

---
FPD is the foremost plague on discussion boards. Do your part to stomp out FPD.

8-10-01 4:27pm (new)

ladyjdotnet
Snitcreator

Member Rated:

Does no character count as a character or not? I mean, if I used only one character in the strip in one place, would I be complying with the rules? It seems everyone else interpreted the rules as meaning that you need to use 6 different characters... but that's not what I interprested the rules as being.

---
I am a delicate fucking flower. https://beacons.ai/jesskent

8-10-01 4:45pm (new)

wirthling

Member Rated:

*gasp*

Actually, I saw the same interpretation as a possibility, but I figured I would just do the 6 different character thing just to be safe.

---

8-10-01 4:52pm (new)

ladyjdotnet
Snitcreator

Member Rated:

[ Posted comic does not exist ]

I hope using different positions of the same character is legal. I've seen others do it.

---

8-10-01 5:26pm (new)

Drexle
Your Cure for Lameness

Member Rated:

Skagg and DexX already submitted comics with one "blank" character, and I said it was fine earlier up the thread.

Different poses of the same character are fine as well, just as long as the same pose is used twice... Logically, this would also mean that you can't have two blank spaces... but you could concieveably have a blank, a height 1, and a height 2... but you would *have* to have text to actually illustrate the fact.

Send those votes to neo_drexle@yahoo.com

8-10-01 7:18pm (new)

wirthling

Member Rated:

I don't know which 8 to pick. I don't see why I would pick one that sucks (I'm not saying there is one that sucks, mind you) and give it a "1," other than to possibly sabotage someone's chances at getting in. Why don't we just rate all of them 1 to 10 and the top 8 win? I know I should have thought of this earlier, but it wasn't until I started considering which ones to vote on that this occurred to me. It also could take a while for every participant to get back to Drexle with his or her votes.

Maybe we could just have Drexle pick 8 "winners" instead. That would be quicker, I think.

---

8-10-01 7:34pm (new)

Drexle
Your Cure for Lameness

Member Rated:

quote:
I don't know which 8 to pick. I don't see why I would pick one that sucks (I'm not saying there is one that sucks, mind you) and give it a "1," other than to possibly sabotage someone's chances at getting in. Why don't we just rate all of them 1 to 10 and the top 8 win? I know I should have thought of this earlier, but it wasn't until I started considering which ones to vote on that this occurred to me. It also could take a while for every participant to get back to Drexle with his or her votes.

Maybe we could just have Drexle pick 8 "winners" instead. That would be quicker, I think.

Interesting point there. Mainly, it was in case there really were only one or two comics you *liked,* and your only other choices were from among strips you didn't care for. The most effective "sabotage" would be not to vote for someone at all, I'd think.

I am, however, quite happy to flex my dictatorial muscles if you all would like to get the contest going.

8-10-01 7:53pm (new)

ladyjdotnet
Snitcreator

Member Rated:

I vote for Drexle picking the 8 contestants.

Love,

SuckUpJ

---

8-10-01 8:11pm (new)

Spankling
Looking for love in ALL the wrong places, baby!

Member Rated:

quote:
I vote for Drexle picking the 8 contestants.

Love,

SuckUpJ

Di-toe

---
"Jelly-belly gigglin, dancin and a-wigglin, honey that's the way I am!" Janice the Muppet

8-10-01 8:15pm (new)

evil_d
Riding through your town with his head on fire

Member Rated:

That's how I thought it was going to go. I don't see any reason for us to pick 8 strips and give them scores. Either picking X strips, or giving every strip a score, both make more sense to me.

I don't object to the idea of having Drexle pick 8 winners. I trust his judgment. I will say that I wouldn't want run a Cup like that myself. And in the future there might be a moderator whose judgment I don't trust. But like I said earlier, I'll try anything once.

If we do end up casting votes, I definitely won't be able to have mine in before Saturday evening.

---
The what mentioned above is total fiction. Please don't take it seriously!

8-10-01 8:32pm (new)

wirthling

Member Rated:

Come to my house at 8pm tomorrow night and bring a poncho, WD-40, and a hose. I have something I've been wanting to try, but I couldn't find a volunteer.

Oh, you may want to bring band-aids, too.

---

8-10-01 8:46pm (new)

Drexle
Your Cure for Lameness

Member Rated:

I share your concern, evil_d. And I'm honored that so far you all trust my judgement. In the interest of getting things going, I think I *will* just flex my dictatorial muscle and pick the eight contestants by myself...

Perhaps another thread should be started to discuss the merits of various Comic Cup systems? That would help future moderators out a lot, I'd suspect. I'll get back to you all on who I've picked within the next day. I've got 10 finalists in mind, and need to narrow it down.

8-10-01 9:29pm (new)

crabby
I have an awesome avatar.

Member Rated:

I accidentally sent my votes to wirthling.
I saw a email addres and just assumed it was Drexles.
Oh Well.

8-10-01 10:44pm (new)

crabby

Member Rated:

Actually it was spankling.

But I'm sure no one cares

8-10-01 10:45pm (new)

DH-01
Stripcreator Regular

Member Rated:

Go for it, Drex. I trust you far enough to eat your young.

Or is that kick you?

Or... oh, nevermind. G'won, pick the winners.

-DH1

---
Needs more sodomy.

8-10-01 10:50pm (new)

Drexle
Your Cure for Lameness

Member Rated:

Okay, the eight picks for this Cup.... There were a number of strippers I'd like to see in, but these were the entry round comics that made me laugh the most.

Spankling - For his amazingly massochistic preparations

kaufman - For his deal with Satan... he'll remember that later.

DexX - Giving gabe a blow is probably the sickest thing you could do aside from letting wirthling have his way with you fresh off a donkey. I admire your dedication!

Skagg - That's just a damn fine comic all around. I especially enjoyed the "I can hear you" at the end.

evil_d - Not only was this in verse, but it was actually worse... no... umm... It was written in rhyme and just in time... no... eh, you're better at it than I am.

DH-01 - another overall winner. This one really won me over with the 2nd and 3rd panels. It's a narrow road indeed...

NastyPope - Ouch! Definitely my favorite of the entries. The whole method acting really got me.

crabby - Boy, this one took me off guard! It probably has something to do with the fact that he made two crabby jokes in a single panel. Anyways, *I* had a good laugh, and so he's in.

These are the eight contestants. I'll work on the brackets tomorrow, and should have it all set up by evening.

8-11-01 12:05am (new)

wirthling

Member Rated:

stripcreatre theatre presents...

Spamlet

A one-scene play by wirthling shakespeare

Act 1: Scene 1. Elsinore. A platform before the castle.

[wirthling enters.]

wirthling: O, hideous fates! Thou screeching harpies of misfortune who cornhole me most mercilessly, what hast thou done?! As true as blacken'd death hast Drexle thrust his poison'd scythe 'twixt my nutsack! Thy blessed Comic Cup! Twas but mere serpent's ruse to pilfer away my ripe innocence, and bitten, I most assuredly gaze o'er the grim chasm of eternity! My life tis but a pile of arse, and damned, tis best I end this mortal pain and hasten that dark slumber anon!

[wirthling slits wrists.]

[Gabe enters.]

Gabe: What the hell are you doing, goatfucker? It's just a comic contest! You can still be a judge!

wirthling: Alas, I die.

[wirthling dies.]

Gabe: Fnerf.

THE END

---

8-11-01 1:54am (new)

Graehe
Mindless Drone

Member Rated:

quote:
stripcreatre theatre presents...

Spamlet

A one-scene play by wirthling shakespeare

What he said.

---
Graehe (graehe@meow.org) | Graehe's Comics | Go to hell

8-11-01 8:11am (new)

Drexle
Your Cure for Lameness

Member Rated:

Okay, our official judges will be:

desc
gabe
wirthling
Boorite
Graehe
fpd
LadyJ

Along with all the nonparticipating contestants in a given round. That makes a total of 13 judges. Since there are already an odd number of judges, I'll abstain from voting for anyone. If, however, we are reduced to an even number of judges, I will cast my vote as a tiebreaker.

The rounds will be broken up as follows --

Round 1: Spankling vs DH-01
Round 2: NastyPope vs crabby
Round 3: DexX vs kaufman
Round 4: evil_d vs skagg

The contest shall comence within 24 hours, once I put the finishing touches on the rules.

As with the last Cup, all the defeated contestants from the first six rounds will e-mail me one rule each. These six rules will be used in the finals, assuming none of them conflict with each other.

8-11-01 9:31am (new)

evil_d
Riding through your town with his head on fire

Member Rated:

Come to my house at 8pm tomorrow night and bring a poncho, WD-40, and a hose. I have something I've been wanting to try, but I couldn't find a volunteer.

Oh, you may want to bring band-aids, too.

I've tried that already.

---
The what mentioned above is total fiction. Please don't take it seriously!

8-11-01 9:51am (new)

crabby

Member Rated:

Geez, last time I got kaufman in the first round this time it's NastyPope the comic stripping gods must be angry with me.

8-11-01 10:36am (new)

Drexle
Your Cure for Lameness

Member Rated:

Graehe and fpd, you have some great potential and I'd suggest that you both hang around and get involved in some of the Comic Contests, and just basically hang around and have fun with the site.

Yeah, I guess Brad was the wrong person to bribe...

And crabby... you actually *made it* to the elimination rounds, what are you complaining about? You already beat out seven other strippers in that respect...

8-11-01 10:55am (new)

Graehe
Mindless Drone

Member Rated:

quote:
Graehe and fpd, you have some great potential and I'd suggest that you both hang around and get involved in some of the Comic Contests, and just basically hang around and have fun with the site.

Muhuhahahah...

quote:

Yeah, I guess Brad was the wrong person to bribe...

Hey, Brad...can I get that money back, now?

---
Graehe (graehe@meow.org) | Graehe's Comics | Go to hell

8-11-01 11:30am (new)

Stripcreator » Comic Competitions » Comic Cup III -- Enter All Who Dare

reload page with comics

Jump to:

Post A Reply

stripcreator
Make a comic
Your comics
Create account