Important notice about the future of Stripcreator (Updated: May 2nd, 2023)

stripcreator forums
Jump to:

Stripcreator » Comic Competitions » Comic Cup III -- Enter All Who Dare

Author

Drexle
Your Cure for Lameness

Member Rated:

The votes are 7 - 3 Kaufman, and that's it for this round... looks like he has earned another shot at the semifinals!

Round 4 skagg vs evil_d

The originiator of the Comic Cup takes on the host of Comic Cup II in this final preliminary round. We shall see what comes of this battle of the hosts!

1) Birthdays... I had one recently. Make a strip centered around a birthday.

2) Use either the term "Avogadro's Number," or the actual notation of 6.02x10^23 in the strip somehow, but do not make a strip about chemistry.

3) Also, take a well-known historical event, and change one of the circumstances surrounding it. Write what happens instead. DO NOT make this historical event birthday related. (So as not to make things too difficult, your comic need not actually depict the altered event itself. But we definitely have to see some of the ramifications of the change. We need to know what happened differently, and how the world turned out differently because of it.)

8-16-01 7:03pm (new)
quote : comics : pm : info

gabe_billings
President and CEO of Wirthlingsux Inc.

Member Rated:

[Click to view comic: 'Avocado's Number']

---
100 pounds of shit in a 25 pound sack.

8-16-01 7:56pm (new)

skagg
Comic Overlord

Member Rated:

[Click to view comic: 'Comic Cup III - Crappy's crabby birthday']

i wasnt happy about the last line but then i wasnt sure if my mole reference would be allowed so i left it in there

---
Who knows what fear lurks in the hearts of men? MIKE BOBSICO KNOWS! And if you give him a decent tip when he delivers your mail , he might tell you.

8-17-01 2:47am (new)

evil_d
Riding through your town with his head on fire

Member Rated:

[Click to view comic: 'An apple a day keeps the Reaper away']

Avogadro really was an ugly mofo, too. I wonder if we can get that picture into the Strip Creator. It's the right proportions, just need to shrink it a bit. Hell, we could have a whole category of famous dead European males.

I should take this opportunity to note that I'll be out of state this weekend, and may not be able to do any voting or whatnot until Monday. If I can get online, I will.

---
The what mentioned above is total fiction. Please don't take it seriously!

8-17-01 2:25pm (new)

descolada99
The Prodigal Son Has Returned

Member Rated:

I vote for evil d. great comic!!

As for getting Avagadro into strip creator, that would kick ass. I don't know why. It just would.

---
"Fascist Clay was my most favorite totalitarian boxer!" - Indie Rock Pete from Diesel Sweeties

8-17-01 2:35pm (new)

wirthling
supercalifragilisticexpialadosucks

Member Rated:

Wow. Tough luck, skagg.

evil_d kicked ass with that one.

---
"And Wirthling isn't worth the paper he isn't printed on."

8-17-01 2:35pm (new)

Spankling
Looking for love in ALL the wrong places, baby!

Member Rated:

I vote for the evil one this go around - nicely warped entries from both.

---
"Jelly-belly gigglin, dancin and a-wigglin, honey that's the way I am!" Janice the Muppet

8-17-01 2:39pm (new)

DH-01
Stripcreator Regular

Member Rated:

Skagg, simply because... I dunno. Was damn close otherwise.

-DH1 (does not suck dick)

---
Needs more sodomy.

8-17-01 2:45pm (new)

kaufman
Director of Cats

Member Rated:

1) Shouldn't that read "dead European moles"?

2) Why restrict it? Let's add some Africans and Asians and Abos and females too.

3) He looks a bit like Munch's model for The Scream.

That said, even though I may be sealing my fate in the next round, I'm not hesitating in my vote for evil_d.

---
ken.kaufman@gmail.com

8-17-01 3:22pm (new)

Graehe
Mindless Drone

Member Rated:

I cast my vote for evil_d. He got it at "You know Avogadro's Number? Well, I knew Avogradro."

---
Graehe (graehe@meow.org) | Graehe's Comics | Go to hell

8-17-01 3:34pm (new)

evil_d
Riding through your town with his head on fire

Member Rated:

European males of previous centuries are, from what I can tell, notorious for allowing hideous portraits of themselves to be circulated. Nowadays, if you paid all that money to a painter and sat still for hours and ended up with that picture, you could probably successfully sue the guy straight out of his boots. But look through an encyclopedia and you'll find pictures like that by the dozen.

But let it never be said that I'm prejudiced towards mocking certain demographics. If there are equally bad pictures of people of other races or genders, by all means, let's get them into the Strip Creator too. I just don't think anyone else would stand for that sort of thing.

---
The what mentioned above is total fiction. Please don't take it seriously!

8-17-01 4:34pm (new)

NastyPope
His Holiness Archamian the First

Member Rated:

my vote is for evil_d. It just seemed to flow much better. A greater sence of continuity.

---
At least im still funny .....looking. http://www.carrionfields.com

8-17-01 4:43pm (new)

fpd
Doctor of Fine Parody

Member Rated:

My vote is for evil_d.

---
FPD is the foremost plague on discussion boards. Do your part to stomp out FPD.

8-17-01 5:00pm (new)

Drexle
Your Cure for Lameness

Member Rated:

And with seven votes to one, evil_d gives our resident heroin adict a severe thrashing, and advances to the semifinal rounds of the contest. Don't worry evil_d, we'll hold off on Round 6 until you get back from your trip.

And now for the rematch of the century!

Round 5 Spankling vs NastyPope

Spankling puts his newly garnered win on the line against former finalist NastyPope, both of whom just barely scraped out of their preliminary matches! Will this mach be as close?

1) Write a comic lambasting your opponent, but leave the ending open in the thrid panel for more to happen. Now, once each of you has a comic fitting this description, take your opponent's comic, and continue it into a second strip where you turn the tables on them.

2) Each of these comics must include a reference to a tea party.

3) Your first strip must have a cast of females outnumbering males, and the second strip must have males outnumbering females.

4) Your second comic must have a crabby reference.

The judges are to vote based on who came out ahead when it's all said and done.

You have your missions... now let's get to it!

8-17-01 8:26pm (new)

Spankling

Member Rated:

Not bloody likely.

Say what?

So I write a first comic with two frames filled in and the final panel blank, riding NP's ass in the process. Then I take NP's comic and fill in his last panel, turning what he had on me against him? Or do I use his thrid panel plus another three panels to do that?

---
"Jelly-belly gigglin, dancin and a-wigglin, honey that's the way I am!" Janice the Muppet

8-17-01 8:56pm (new)

Drexle
Your Cure for Lameness

Member Rated:

No, you and he will use all three panels. Then in your second comic you will take the situation set up from NastyPope's first one to turn his attempts at degrading you back on his ass, and he will do the same to you.

8-17-01 9:21pm (new)

Spankling

Member Rated:

[Click to view comic: 'NastyPope Steps Out with the Ladies']
I am not looking forward to payback time on this one.
*flinch*

---

8-17-01 10:52pm (new)

Spankling

Member Rated:

Crap! forgot the Tea party! (And I hope the FemsX2 manX1 formula I used counts.) Can I submit this?
[ Posted comic does not exist ]
Mind you this is unfamiliar territory for me. Nothing like giving NP ammo...

---

8-17-01 11:19pm (new)

Drexle
Your Cure for Lameness

Member Rated:

That's fine. 2 girls in the strip and just one guy works... I gotta hand it to you, that's a pretty damn good start. *laughs!*

8-17-01 11:30pm (new)

NastyPope
His Holiness Archamian the First

Member Rated:

I have to withdraw from Comic Cup. I find the first rule of this round highly offensive. I will not insult a specific person with a comic. Not knowing spankling at all I cannot in good conscience write anything deragatory about him. You may notice that my comics never insult particular people except celebrities and even then I am careful in how I treat them. It's a shame really, this cup was going good and I am very disappointed. I have on occassion taken little jabs at people on the forum but not to this extreme. People reading this may think I am over reacting. Perhaps I am but I have a certain sense that I will treat people with dignity and this rule offends that sensibility.

--NastyPope.

---
At least im still funny .....looking. http://www.carrionfields.com

8-18-01 12:15am (new)

Drexle
Your Cure for Lameness

Member Rated:

quote:
I have to withdraw from Comic Cup. I find the first rule of this round highly offensive. I will not insult a specific person with a comic. Not knowing spankling at all I cannot in good conscience write anything deragatory about him. You may notice that my comics never insult particular people except celebrities and even then I am careful in how I treat them. It's a shame really, this cup was going good and I am very disappointed. I have on occassion taken little jabs at people on the forum but not to this extreme. People reading this may think I am over reacting. Perhaps I am but I have a certain sense that I will treat people with dignity and this rule offends that sensibility.

--NastyPope.

Honestly, I hadn't quite anticipated that kind of reaction. I'll tell you what, I'll rethink the premise for the first rule. I don't think it's too unreasonable to do so, personally. I'm sure nobody wants to see this sort of conclusion.

The part about the two opponents writing two strips a piece will still remain, though.

8-18-01 12:41am (new)

gabe_billings
President and CEO of Wirthlingsux Inc.

Member Rated:

quote:

--NastyPope.

Wow. That almost makes me want to stop insulting wirthling.

Almost.

---
100 pounds of shit in a 25 pound sack.

8-18-01 6:00am (new)

Drexle
Your Cure for Lameness

Member Rated:

Okay, in light of the early morning protestations of NastyPope I decided to change a part of rule 1 in this round.

Instead of lambasting one another, set up a *strange* situation for the character "Jon" from Goats to try to get himself out of. I'll leave the definition of *strange* up to each of you. Then once one of you has a comic fitting this description, take you opponent's comic and find a way for Jon to get himself out of the strange situation, but preferably in a funny way. Makes sure all the strips reference a tea party.

And to clarify, the 4th rule doesn't mean to insult crabby, but as long as he's at least mentioned in the comic you've done enough to satisfy the rule.

I hope this is satisfactory, and that no other such mishaps happen for the rest of the torunament. I would ask those of you who were defeated to remember this particular round in the event that NastyPope advances to the finals when you're submiting your rule for the two finalists to operate under.

8-18-01 6:48am (new)

Spankling

Member Rated:

I'll just be standing over here with excrement on my head for having created those unjust comics depicting NastyPope. I was prepared to take as bad as I dished, but he raises a point. There may be some who take such things personally. If I could delete them, I would.

---

8-18-01 8:20am (new)

Drexle
Your Cure for Lameness

Member Rated:

I'll just be standing over here with excrement on my head for having created those unjust comics depicting NastyPope. I was prepared to take as bad as I dished, but he raises a point. There may be some who take such things personally. If I could delete them, I would.

Yeah, I feel pretty bad about it myself. I guess I just thought it was common that people just don't take things like that personally on here. You could write up an appology strip if you'd like... certainly not the same as a deletion, but still something.

8-18-01 8:28am (new)

Stripcreator » Comic Competitions » Comic Cup III -- Enter All Who Dare

reload page with comics

Jump to:

Post A Reply

stripcreator
Make a comic
Your comics
Create account
Forums
Help