The general idea of this contest is to submit a strip which comprises a complete sitcom episode, based around the situation and characters I provide.
The sitcom in question is called Unlucky Stiffs, set in a low-budget funeral home. The following strip gives you three locations within the funeral home and six regular characters found inside.
[Click to view comic: 'Comic Contest 53: Situation, Settings, and Characters']
Now, the rules:
1) In three panels, present an episode of Unlucky Stiffs. To qualify, you must use one or more instances of at least two of the given characters (and yes, characters with multiple poses/faces can be freely used). Also, at least one of the three given settings must be used.
2) Every sitcom episode needs a celebrity guest. Include a celebrity in your strip, and no, I don't mean to do your strip in PhotoShop - just use one of the other characters and make it clear who it is meant to be.
3) [OPTIONAL RULE] Sitcom episodes generally have three acts (in between ad breaks) consisting of the situation setup, the situation being ruined by unforeseen complications, and the whole thing being neatly tied up before the closing credits. This fits nicely with the three panels of the strip, so stick to the format if you can to get extra credit. It is not a victory requirement, though.
4) [OPTIONAL RULE] If you want to submit multiple entries, I would appreciate you trying to carry on with one story idea, sort of like a double episode to-be-continued kind of thing. Again, not required, but it will get you brownie points.
5) No pic-edits on this one - StripCreator strips only, sorry.
6) I will be judging approximately 72 hours from the time/date stamp on this posting. It may be a few hours more than 72, but not too long.
Sorry for the complexity. I hope someone can squeeze some funny out of these rules.
This signature has performed an illegal operation and has been shut down.