Important notice about the future of Stripcreator (Updated: May 2nd, 2023)

stripcreator forums
Jump to:

Stripcreator » Stripcreator CD Swap » GROUP FOUR: Drexle Dcomposed Lady Scyess

Author

umfumdisi
Forum comment:

Member Rated:

Use this area to post about your discs and whathaveya.

---
Chicken Feather Bed Bugs Bunny Hop Sing Out Side Street Walker Texas Ranger Cookie Dough Boy Wonder Years

2-04-04 2:55pm (new)
quote : comics : pm : info

dcomposed
C3H5N3O9

Member Rated:

I'm in the old peoples group! :P

---
Batman created by Bob Kane

2-04-04 2:57pm (new)

umfumdisi
Forum comment:

Member Rated:

Oh no, the "old people" are in dcom's group!

Relax, dcom, I know Scyess and Drexle rock.

And I'm pretty sure ladyj can kick your ass.

---
Chicken Feather Bed Bugs Bunny Hop Sing Out Side Street Walker Texas Ranger Cookie Dough Boy Wonder Years

2-04-04 3:00pm (new)

dcomposed
C3H5N3O9

Member Rated:

Yes, but my dad can kick her dad's ass.

---

2-04-04 3:49pm (new)

ladyjdotnet
Snitcreator

Member Rated:

What's the going rate for that, these days?

Anyway... I can't remember cause it's been so long, but have any of you been in my group before? If you have, I have to be careful not to duplicate tracks from past swaps.

---
I am a delicate fucking flower. https://beacons.ai/jesskent

2-05-04 6:17pm (new)

Drexle
Your Cure for Lameness

Member Rated:

No. But scyess was in my last group. Clearly I will have to respond by making this mix more irritating just in case he thought it couldn't be any worse the first time.

2-05-04 7:27pm (new)

dcomposed
C3H5N3O9

Member Rated:

I have not been in your group before.

---

2-05-04 8:52pm (new)

Drexle
Your Cure for Lameness

Member Rated:

So, my discs are burned. I am debating whether to decorate them, or let the music just speak for itself without any special packaging.

2-16-04 3:32pm (new)

dcomposed
C3H5N3O9

Member Rated:

It's a cd swap, not a packaging swap.

I have my cds burned. My printer doesn't seem to want to work, so I probably won't have any cover art. I'm also not sending out a tracklist. I'll post one here after you've had an unbiased listen and hate the musics for the musics, not for who's responsible for it.

Wangs and dongs.

---

2-16-04 6:23pm (new)

dcomposed
C3H5N3O9

Member Rated:

I'm sending my discs out tomorrow. No cover art, tracklisting, notes or even a case. Just discs and maybe a child's drawing of a disc.

---

2-18-04 5:43pm (new)

ladyjdotnet
Snitcreator

Member Rated:

I almost have my disc done. I can't help being slow - I'm old, remember?

dcomposed - can you give us track lists, please? I'm listening to the Teenage girl mix right now, and digging it.

---

3-13-04 4:27pm (new)

ladyjdotnet
Snitcreator

Member Rated:

Heh, just got up to "Too high for the supermarket". I put that on a previous swap cd, dude. :P

---

3-13-04 4:47pm (new)

dcomposed
C3H5N3O9

Member Rated:

I can't be expected to know everything in the history of cd swaps.

I'll post lists when I remember where I put them.

---

3-13-04 8:17pm (new)

ladyjdotnet
Snitcreator

Member Rated:

Yeah, I know. I just found it funny that the only song I recognized right off the bat was one I'd used previously. It's all good.

There were a couple of real winners on the Teenage mix, but I am not cut out for Thuganomics.

---

3-13-04 8:30pm (new)

Drexle
Your Cure for Lameness

Member Rated:

I on the other hand am much more fond of Thuganomics than the Teen Girl mix.

I got the discs a few days ago, and while I've listened to the latter disc a couple of times, there really hasn't been anything on it to catch my interest. Nothing really bad, but at the same time nothing that really stood out to me. Thuganomics on the other hand, has stuff on it that I actually kind of like as well as stuff that just drives me totally insane (mainly because they get stuck in my head when I don't like them to begin with). I told umfum when I listened to Rapestry that what I appreciated on it was the comparative lack of gangsta rap. I can't exactly say the same thing for this one. Track 3 got stuck with me mainly because I'm supposed to be researching Faustian themes, so anything dealing with selling one's soul is potential for me to reference in a final project... coincidentally, I decided last week that the coolest thing I could do would be to look for Faust influenced rap, but since I know so little about Rap, I didn't know where to start. Surprise!

Track 6 was really catchy... I liked the beat, but the lyrics weren't my thing at all. This makes it doubly frustrating, given that it's one of the ones that gets stuck in my head.

I'm going to call track 9 "War is Pain." I actually really liked that one. It was far closer to what I liked about rap pre-gangsta style.

Unfortunately, track 10 just irritated me. I can't decide if the guy rapping is brilliant or retarded. That and it too is one of those unwelcome "stuck in my head" deals.

I'm going to come forward and admit that I recognize the Vanilla Ice track. A cousin gave me the tape it's on for christmas when I was 12. That probably was the best track on the tape, funny enough. It was just funny.

None of the other tracks really stood out except for 21, which felt like it was two songs shoved onto one track. I kinda like the musical stuff going on in the first song, but once again, I'm not really into the lyrics. As for the second song on track 21... Okay, I'll admit it. This was probably my favorite song on the disc. And I bet it was Eminem, at that. But whatever. It was hysterically funny while hinting at a bit of actual meaning.

Oh yeah, I liked the wrestling outtake as well.

3-14-04 2:05pm (new)

dcomposed
C3H5N3O9

Member Rated:

Track lists n junk.

Teenage Girl With Kazaa Mix:
note: I wanted this to be dumb poser music.

1. Onion Radio News - A Man With A New 40 Disk CD Changer Needs More CDs (0:43)
2. KMFDM - Bullets, Bombs and Bigotry (WWIII, 2003) (4:19)
3. Fat - Downtime (Fat, 1997) (3:35)
4. Jack Off Jill - American Made (Sexless Demons & Scars, 1998) (3:19)
5. Mindless Self Indulgence - J (Frankenstein Girls Will Seem Strangely Sexy, 2000) (0:22)
6. Mindless Self Indulgence - Clarissa (Frankenstein Girls Will Seem Strangely Sexy, 2000) (1:55)
7. Zug Izland - Fire (Cracked Tiles, 2003)(2:52)
8. Two - Wake Up (Voyeurs, 1997) (3:32)
9. Powerpuff Girls - If I Was a Bunny I'd... (0:51)
10. Sex Piano - Unless I Change My Mind (3:03)
11. Sven Mullet - Wanker (2:12)
12. The Uninvited - Too High for the Supermarket (The Uninvited, 2000)(4:35)
13. Propagandhi - Stick the Fucking Flag up Your Goddam Ass, You Sonofabitch (How to Clean Everything, 1994) (2:51)
14. Buffalo Tom - Rachael (Smitten, 1998) (3:01)
15. Throwing Toasters - Bad Influence (2:21)
16. Alf Stewart saying stuff (0:01)
17. Friendly - I Love You, But... (Akimbo, 2002) (3:40)
18. The John Benjamin Band - What We Need More of is Science (4:08)
19. Big Bad Voodoo Daddy - Mr. Pinstripe Suit (Big Bad Voodoo Daddy, 1998) (3:35)
20. Robert Stanley - Swing Pick and Shovel (2:47)
21. TC Wright - Another Decision (3:10)
22. Imani Coppola - Legend of a Cowgirl (Chupacabra, 1997) (3:47)
23. Nintendo - First NES Commercial (0:30)
24. Suberbanal Cuts - Thomas Scharpling Symphony (1:42)
25. Ani DiFranco - Untouchable Face (Living in Clip, 1997) (3:37)
26. TB - Alergy (1:49)
27. Len - Big Meanie (You Can't Stop the Bum Rush, 1999) (4:07)
28. Liz Phair - Polyester Bride (whitechocolatespaceegg, 1998) (4:07)
29. PrayForMojo - Adaptation (2:09)

(this is) Basic Thuganomics:
note: This disc is like my retarded child who I love anyway.

1. Intro (0:15)
2. Geto Boys - Balls and My Word (Making Trouble, 1995) (3:45)
3. V-Sinizter - The High Cost Of Dying (Morning Star: Soul Of The Beast) (2:54)
4. Nuttea - Le Show (Un Signe de Temps, 2001) (3:23)
5. Benefit - If I Owned A Midget (B.E.N.E.F.I.T.) (4:01)
6. Goretex - Dopesick (feat. Necro) (Brutality Part One, 2003) (3:43)
7. Inner City Posse - Insian Like (Bass-Ment Cuts, 1991) (3:40)
8. Sabrina Setlur - Du Liebst Mich Nicht (Die Neue S-Klasse, 1997) (5:39)
9. Paris - AWOL (Sonic Jihad, 2003) (3:52)
10. ILL Mitch - I Will Win (Punch While Rap, 2002) (2:38)
11. Vanilla Ice - Havin' A Roni (To the Extreme, 1990) (1:09)
12. John Cena vs. Kurt Angle battle rap (5:50)
13. Abstrakt Intellekt - Roll My Sleeves Up (First Contact, 2003) (3:52)
14. Esham - Don't Blame Me (KKKill the Fetus, 1993) (3:45)
15. moveierap.com - The Rundown (1:13)
16. Akhenaton - Un Brin De Haine (Meteque et Mat, 1998) (5:08)
17. MC Face - Humplik the Baddest (Not the Tom Green Show, 1999) (4:16)
18. Kneight Riduz - Dinner 4 Krowz (Kneight Riduz the Album, 2003) (3:16)
19. Starfinger - More Than Soup (2:07)
20. Macho Man Randy Savage - Remember Me (Be a Man, 2003) (4:01)
21. House of Krazees - Murder, Murder, Murder (The Night They Kame Home, 1999) (10:34)

notes:
MSI gets two tracks, but together they're still shorter than most of the others. Clarissa may or may not be about a show on Nickelodeon.
The rap on the Zug Izland track is by Violent J of the Insane Clown Posse.
Sex Piano is trippingbillee's band.
The Propagandhi track has about 30 different titles, I think "Stick the Fucking Flag up Your Goddam Ass, You Sonofabitch" is the real one.
TC Wright (I think that's her name) sounds hot, but she's a big ugly lesbian.
TB is WiLzzt.
Inner City Posse is now known as something else with the same acronym.
Du Liebst Mich Nicht is really lame, so I hope none of you know German.
Starfinger has comics on stripcreator.
House of Krazees is now known as Twiztid.
Track 21b is Eminem and I don't care. It's funny. If it sounds like the cd is skipping, it's because the song is really bad quality.

---

3-16-04 4:17am (new)

dcomposed
C3H5N3O9

Member Rated:

Which tracks would you consider gangsta rap? I didn't think I put any on there.

---

3-16-04 4:20am (new)

Drexle
Your Cure for Lameness

Member Rated:

Whether this is a true definition or not, I have always thought of gangsta rap as being pretty much any rap that seems primarily to be themed stylistically and lyrically around such topics as drugs, murder, and sex, generally all at the same time. I would tend to call things like track 6 and track 21a gangsta rap, off the top of my head.

By the way I also really liked the one that seems to have an egyptian looking name. I'd totally forgotten about it when I was writing my summary, but the name reminded me of the song and I thought "oh yeah, I did like that one didn't I?"

The Eminem track skipped horribly the first time I listened to it. That made me sad. It's being much better behaved now, thankfully.

3-16-04 7:21pm (new)

Drexle
Your Cure for Lameness

Member Rated:

Also note that for all I know, the german track and track 16 could be more gangsta than the english ones, but if I can't understand the lyrics, then I just don't care. They could be stupid songs where every other word is "I want to fuck you in the ass," but it doesn't make bit of difference to me if I can't tell when I hear it.

The thing I like best about incomprehensible lyrics is that when you listen to music where you can't understand the words, bad songwriting will never get in the way of good music.

3-16-04 7:25pm (new)

dcomposed
C3H5N3O9

Member Rated:

Sneaking into someone's house and choking them with a telephone cord isn't a particularly gangsta thing to do. A lot of the gangstery tracks are commonly refered to as horrorcore, which is basically violent rap about killing and whatnot, a lot different to real gangsta rap about drive-bys, pimps, hoes and southsides.

---

3-16-04 7:46pm (new)

ladyjdotnet
Snitcreator

Member Rated:

Poser music or not, it was definitely better than the rap crap. I listened to a couple of songs on Thuganomics, then listened to the first 10 seconds or so of the remaining ones in turn, then found myself with a new coaster. I just seriously dislike the style. I guess I'm getting old.

---

3-16-04 8:06pm (new)

jes_lawson
I don't know what I'm doing either

Member Rated:

I got dcom's discs on the side.

Everything on disc 1 from track 9 to track 27 was great, plus the KMFDM. After 3 swaps, I can definitly sense a dcom style forming.

I liked the first 5 tracks on the second one, then flicked through some as I was going out, but I'll probably listen to some of them again. Some of the wrestlers rapping was really lame but I'll let it slide because the Goretex track was cool as.

---
Please replace the handset, and try again.

3-23-04 3:43pm (new)

Scyess
Official Traveling Menstrual

Member Rated:

I also like the first 5 or so on the Teenage Girl Mix, but the rest was so awful I can probably never play that CD again. Fittingly, that's analogous to the way I feel about teenage girls. (At least the ones who aren't bound and gagged in my basement.)

Thuganomics, however, was by in large great. I really loved the midget song (midgets seem to be a theme in my life recently), and enjoyed most of the others, including the German girl rap. The politically oriented ones were kind of annoying, and track 12 ("Thuganomics") was just dumb, but overall I really enjoyed this CD. I'm glad to have gotten it.

AND

I haven't replied before this because I was ashamed to do so without having shipped out my own stuff. But it's shipped now, so y'all can expect it soon enough. I was at a loss for a theme, and the result is a bunch of tracks which probably don't at all go together on one CD. Also, some of them were are better explained by my personal nostalgia instead of from my thinking they're really great (or even thinking they don't suck). Still, you'll take what you get!

---
"Old" is the old new.

4-02-04 4:40pm (new)

ladyjdotnet
Snitcreator

Member Rated:

I've had my cds in their mailers and all addressed for a few weeks, but because I work nights and have been dragging ass too much to leave early, they are as yet unmailed. I will send them off soon, I suppose.

---

4-09-04 12:11am (new)

Drexle
Your Cure for Lameness

Member Rated:

My discs have remained unmailed for similar reasons (leaving too early/coming home too late on most days). Then there was the fact that during that narrow window when I had no homework in Feb, I was pretty sickly.

They should be out either this afternoon or monday afternoon, depending on circumstances.

4-09-04 3:43am (new)

Stripcreator » Stripcreator CD Swap » GROUP FOUR: Drexle Dcomposed Lady Scyess

reload page with comics

Jump to:

Post A Reply

stripcreator
Make a comic
Your comics
Create account
Forums
Help