Important notice about the future of Stripcreator (Updated: May 2nd, 2023)

stripcreator forums
Jump to:

Stripcreator » Comic Competitions » Comic Contest 54: Minna mo komikkusu, GETTO DAZE!

Author

kaufman
Director of Cats

Member Rated:

CC 54: Farming Junior by kaufman
8-21-01
We are here today with Dr. Chopin Liszt, Professor of Music at Cornell University, who has made a startling discovery about one of our cultural fads.
That's right, Pokemon, which were thought to have been invented in the 1990s in Japan, are actually much older.
We've unearthed this 1975 Paul McCartney recording...
o/` You should have seen me with the Pokemon, I had a honey and I bet a grand ...
So Paul McCartney owns all the rights to this billion dollar enterprise?
You may recall that Michael Jackson has since bought the ex-Beatle folios. So if what they say is true, kids who buy these toys are supporting their own namblings.

---
ken.kaufman@gmail.com

8-21-01 6:20am (new)
quote : comics : pm : info

Haights
Junior Comic Technician

Member Rated:

Well, it's time to judge 'em...

I'm only gonna mention the ones I really liked. And I'll try to make a comment or something. Hey, what do you expect? I'm tired.

Don't feel bad if I don't mention you here...keep in mind, I actually LIKE Pokemon...

Yes, I know...

Anyway, it's hard to make a universally good joke about Pokemon. That being said, here are the good ones.

Big Evil Dan, "More Educational"

Wirthling, "Namblachu": Eh, it's OK...but I'd stick to the donkeys.

Habnem, "Obscure corners": I like the last line. Then again, I liked "What the hell I got no body" and I CAN'T let Crabby win this one, I just can't. IT was kinda funny though.

Wirthling, "Poke-in-the-bag"

Spankling, "Generation Gap": Good use of background.

Dan, "Dr. Help-Me-Out": I expected more double entendres from this contest, I really did.

DexX, "Bottom of the Barrelmon": Honorable mention, for Aybabtu and all.

Kaufman, "Jamaican Bobsledders": This would be REALLY REALLY funny, it might have even won, but alas...I've been tainted. I can't hear "Po-key-mon" without mentally strangling the kid who says it. So consider yourself mentally strangled. ;-)

NeoVid, "More Pokemutations": It helps that I'm a fan of Weird Al too... ^_^

At the moment, it's down to two outstanding comics...

NeoVid, Pokemutations: I liked "Oh, very funny dumbass." And the whole frame-devoted-to-narration thing.

Big Evil Dan, Not-So-SmartTalk: That "tainted" thing. I've read more rants about how Pokemon is the devil's game and shit, so I can't help but laugh at the last frame.

Oh...who to choose...who to choose...damn. How about this. Heads, it's Dan, tails, it's Neo.

Haights loads a Pikachu onto a skeetshooting catapult.

"Pull."

The Pikachu is launched into the air. Haights pulls the trigger. As the pellets hit the yellow furbag, the electric cheeksacs are torn instantly, causing an electrical fire that burns the fur and melts the eyes, causing them to pop and making a great photo op for rotten.com. Meanwhile, the pellets continue, decimating the skull and obliterating what little cerebral matter is left in that empty skull.

Heh. Well then, heads it is. Get ready, Dan.

---
"I'm gonna give you cancer." "...what are you, a cellphone?"

8-21-01 9:07am (new)

boorite
crazy knife lady

Member Rated:

quote:

HEY, that was me!

* cries *

---
What others say about boorite!

8-21-01 12:32pm (new)

Haights
Junior Comic Technician

Member Rated:

quote:
quote:

HEY, that was me!

* cries *

Holy sh -- you're right.

Oh well. *recognizes gabe anyway*

---
"I'm gonna give you cancer." "...what are you, a cellphone?"

8-21-01 5:56pm (new)

Stripcreator » Comic Competitions » Comic Contest 54: Minna mo komikkusu, GETTO DAZE!

reload page with comics

Jump to:

Post A Reply

stripcreator
Make a comic
Your comics
Create account
Forums
Help
comics
Random Comic
Comic Contests