Important notice about the future of Stripcreator (Updated: May 2nd, 2023)

stripcreator forums
Jump to:

Stripcreator » Fights Go Here » Did someone mention religion?

Author

fuzzyman
Alpha Geek

Member Rated:

quote:

Amusingly, I did consider Unitarianism for a while. But it seems like organized disorganized religion to me, so I can't quite wrap my head around it. Out of all the branches of Christianity, though, it's probably the one I'm closest to.
Maybe your more of a Congregationalist (which I describe as Christianity for Unitarians). While Unitarian-Universalism has it's roots in two different Christian sects, there are few who would call it a branch of Christianity today.

It's definitely hard to wrap your head around, because it's more about finding your own religion within a general framework of the seven principals, and drawing from various sources. We might use the Bible to talk about certain ideas and themes, but we'd rarely take it literally. Some of us would even question whether Jesus actually existed, but still find something to learn in the story. But then, we also find something to learn from other sources (poetry, Buddhist teachings, etc.).

So yeah, it forces you to think about it and roll your own, as it were. But my wife and I both found it a comfortable place to hang our theological hats, considering that she is more spiritual (there must be a purpose and reason for everything) and I am less so (we live in an uncaring universe, so deal).

---
...Trot and Cap'n Bill were free from anxiety and care. Button-Bright never worried about anything. The Scarecrow, not being able to sleep, looked out of the window and tried to count the stars.

3-01-04 3:41pm (new)
quote : comics : pm : info

xxausrottenxx
Sock of the walk

Member Rated:

so it was you thats been hoarding all the peyote

---
xx( o Y o. )xx

3-01-04 6:41pm (new)

ivytheplant
Obsessive Comic Disorder

Member Rated:

Worship the cats. You know you want to.

Or the Divine Space Marmosets.

5-17-06 5:39pm (new)

Eskimolee
Stripcreator Newbie

Member Rated:

Wow well this thread fairly went pff on one. I will throw my opinion in here though - i feel that religion is a stupid thing but i respect the people who follow it as that is there choice.

However if they are allowed to tell us how good religion is and try and force it upon us with preachers in the streets and dudes handing out leaflets then i feel that it is fair for us to make jokes about it and criticise it.
if they respect our beliefs then we will respect theirs.(only my opinion but im sure someone agrees)

---
If god didn't intend for us to eat animals then why are they made out of meat?

5-18-06 5:37am (new)

AngryAmerican
Here at least 3 times a year

Member Rated:

i'm a non-practicing Pagan. but the day the legalize human sacrifice, i'm all over it.
like a fat chick at a buffet.

---
Kill Whitey.

5-18-06 9:05am (new)

Stripcreator » Fights Go Here » Did someone mention religion?

reload page with comics

Jump to:

Post A Reply

stripcreator
Make a comic
Your comics
Create account
Forums
Help
comics
Random Comic
Comic Contests