Important notice about the future of Stripcreator (Updated: May 2nd, 2023)

stripcreator forums
Jump to:

Stripcreator » System Notices » Forum updates

Author

Brad
Feature Creep

Member Rated:

Sometime over the weekend I'm going to be putting new forums online. They'll look the same, but hopefully will hopefully be faster and do less damage to the server. Expect some downtime, followed by annoying bugs.

---
www.bradsucks.net

7-09-04 11:25am (new)
quote : comics : pm : info

KajunFirefly
chooby digital (in stereo)

Member Rated:

I found a wasps nest in my bathroom.

---
Dad was flammable

7-09-04 12:00pm (new)

Brad
Feature Creep

Member Rated:

All right, the new forums are online. I'm going to monitor them over the next day or so for broken stuff. If you have any problems, let me know.

Also if something goes crazy wrong, I'll be restoring the forums to this point. So if you post anything you're real attached to, please keep a local copy so you can re-post it in case something nasty happens. Thanks.

---
www.bradsucks.net

7-09-04 4:52pm (new)

possums
FERN DESTROYER

Member Rated:

Nothing big to report, but sometimes when I post it puts my sn in black, gives me five stars and says I'm a newbie. What gives?

7-09-04 6:34pm (new)

biped
Mr. Wonderful

Member Rated:

I'm uncomfortable with the slight differences in size and appearance of some of the lettering now. I think the fact that the differences are almost imperceptible is what bothers me.

---
Legend, oh legend, the third wheel legend...always in the way.

7-09-04 6:40pm (new)

niteowl
Level 1 Forum Troll

Member Rated:

Comics are being displayed in the forums now, even though in my profile I have them set to not display. My dial-up connection is screaming in agony.

---
Think classy, you'll be classy.

7-09-04 7:28pm (new)

Chi_The_Cynic
Comoedus Cynicalis

Member Rated:

The "Number of comments" feature on the stripcreator home page under each system notice still registers this thread as only having "1 comments" - since my post is comment #6, I suspect this may be a bug...

7-09-04 7:31pm (new)

Brad
Feature Creep

Member Rated:

niteowl: that should hopefully be fixed now, thanks.

chi: yeah that front page news is still being pulled from the old database, i'm going to switch that later.

---
www.bradsucks.net

7-09-04 7:41pm (new)

biped
Mr. Wonderful

Member Rated:

The forum page no longer informs me of what other registered users are online. I'll survive this setback -- already, the passage of time has begun to apply its healing balm upon the gaping, festering wound -- but I thought I should bring this to your attention in case you wanted to give me an award for noticing it or something.

---

7-09-04 8:09pm (new)

ivytheplant
Obsessive Comic Disorder

Member Rated:

The "post a reply" link is so big it's screaming at me. I can't get the hideous command out of my head so I was forced to obey and post this reply.

And it thinks I'm a newbie and killed my clever signature. The bastard!

7-09-04 8:57pm (new)

NooniePuuBunny
Horny Female Tentacled Kaiju from Outer Space

Member Rated:

That is kinda wonky on the previews page, but the forums seem to run much more smoothly on my computer. Nothing has raped anything of mine yet (at least I dont think so anyway).

---
I will rate you hard, and unendingly.

7-09-04 10:18pm (new)

Gabu
Senior Comic Technician

Member Rated:

Oh good, there was a forum update. I absolutely could not figure out why there was more space between text than usual; I thought that I had made the text size larger or something.

Is the users online list gone forever or just temporarily? I liked that feature.

Also, I'm posting something additional that I just now noticed in the preview stage: the link "Member Rated" under my name during the preview stage appears to link to the comics page of Noonie, who was the poster just previous to me. That appears to be a bug, as I am fairly sure that I'm not Noonie.

---
Blue is the color of victory.

7-10-04 3:54am (new)

evil_d
Riding through your town with his head on fire

Member Rated:

I can't seem to click the yellow star to jump to the latest post in the thread anymore. Also, when I preview this post, it doesn't jump to the bottom of the page so I can see the post; I have to scroll down.

---
The what mentioned above is total fiction. Please don't take it seriously!

7-10-04 8:33am (new)

KajunFirefly
chooby digital (in stereo)

Member Rated:

The "jump to" pulldown doesn't show the forum you're in, it always says "System Notices", so if you spot a bug, like the "jump to" pulldown not working, you can't jump-to "system notices" to tell anyone about it.

Also: Comic Competitions isn't listed by date of creation.

---
Dad was flammable

7-10-04 9:09am (new)

Brad
Feature Creep

Member Rated:

Front page news is done, preview jumping should be working, clickable stars are back.

I forgot to mention, but the moderator stuff is offline until I get most of the user level stuff locked down.

---
www.bradsucks.net

7-10-04 10:10am (new)

Brad
Feature Creep

Member Rated:

The sort orders on forums should be fixed too now.

---
www.bradsucks.net

7-10-04 11:43am (new)

biped
Mr. Wonderful

Member Rated:

You're doing a great job, Brad. As a small token of my appreciation, I found this picture for you of another guy named Brad.

---

7-10-04 12:14pm (new)

Brad
Feature Creep

Member Rated:

quote:
You're doing a great job, Brad. As a small token of my appreciation, I found this picture for you of another guy named Brad.

He's truly a credit to our race (the race of Brads.)

---
www.bradsucks.net

7-10-04 12:36pm (new)

possums
FERN DESTROYER

Member Rated:

I had a parrot named Brad, but he kept insisting that his name was "Jackolista." He starved to death four years ago.

7-10-04 3:52pm (new)

dcomposed
C3H5N3O9

Member Rated:

hmm. I just thought my browser was fucked.

---
Batman created by Bob Kane

7-11-04 12:01am (new)

evil_d

Member Rated:

I can click them now, but they're just taking me to the top of the thread, not to the new posts. I thought it worked properly for a while yesterday but it could be that I wasn't paying attention.

Also, I think there was some functionality to eliminate extra whitespace after a quote that seems to be gone now. I had to put no newlines between the above quote and the following paragraph to get the whitespace to look right when I was previewing it.

---

7-11-04 7:31am (new)

Brad
Feature Creep

Member Rated:

I can click them now, but they're just taking me to the top of the thread, not to the new posts. I thought it worked properly for a while yesterday but it could be that I wasn't paying attention.

Weird, they're still working fine here for me. Are they working for anyone else?

That should be back in now, thanks for remembering that, I was wondering what the hell all that code was for.

---
www.bradsucks.net

7-11-04 8:29am (new)

evil_d

Member Rated:

Weird, they're still working fine here for me. Are they working for anyone else?

I don't even see any named anchors in the source code. Do you? If so, that's pretty weird.

Whitespace thing seems to be working.

---

7-11-04 8:52am (new)

Brad
Feature Creep

Member Rated:

Well there should be a #new on the end of the URL, there is for me at least. The thread displaying jams an anchor tag above any new messages, which should jump you to the first one on the page.

You can see the text '(new)' beside the date on any new messages in the thread.

---
www.bradsucks.net

7-11-04 9:27am (new)

choadwarrior
Crash Magnet

Member Rated:

When I first tried to post Bunnerabb's brief visit to irc in the forums, all the nicknames were removed when I previewed the post. My chat log saves the nicks between the brackets. When I replaced all the with different brackets, the nicks showed up again in the preview and post.

Check it out--this will be invisible until fixed:

7-11-04 10:06am (new)

Stripcreator » System Notices » Forum updates

reload page with comics

Jump to:

Post A Reply

stripcreator
Make a comic
Your comics
Create account
Forums