Important notice about the future of Stripcreator (Updated: May 2nd, 2023)

stripcreator forums
Jump to:

Stripcreator » Stripcreator CD Swap » Swap #5 Group 1: Fuzzy Evil Kitty and Zip

Author

evil_d
Riding through your town with his head on fire

Member Rated:

Car troubles delayed my trip to the post office even further than expected, but I finally made it there this morning. Even as we speak, carrier pigeons with CDs tied to their legs are winging their way across America.

Kitty, I used the Delayen address, which was the most recent one I had from you. However, after I left the post office, I noticed that my receipt says nothing about Canada but does mention Bermuda. Whether the cashier screwed up, or the USPS has just developed some new system of code names for countries to confuse terrorists, I don't know. At any rate, let me know if you don't get a CD within a couple of weeks.

And if anyone gets a CD that's damaged in any way, let me know and I'll send another one.

Fuzzy, I'm afraid my musical taste hasn't changed very much since the last time we swapped, but I think (hope) you'll find a couple of things to enjoy on this disc. I'll post a tracklist after everyone has had a chance to listen to the CD.

---
The what mentioned above is total fiction. Please don't take it seriously!

10-28-04 5:22pm (new)
quote : comics : pm : info

little_kitty
I bop, you bop, a-they bop.

Member Rated:

quote:

Kitty, I used the Delayen address, which was the most recent one I had from you. However, after I left the post office, I noticed that my receipt says nothing about Canada but does mention Bermuda. Whether the cashier screwed up, or the USPS has just developed some new system of code names for countries to confuse terrorists, I don't know. At any rate, let me know if you don't get a CD within a couple of weeks.

That would be the correct address to send to... Also, that's weird that it said Bermuda... Seeing as I'm in the complete opposite direction. Oh well!

Okay, so... I'm slowly getting money to my name. I should get my CD's sent out before December for sure. I've still yet to buy the CD's and all that jazz, but I will include special prezzies in everyone's bubble-wrap envelope as a consolation.

---
Okay, Lindsay, are you forgetting that I was a professional twice over - an analyst and a therapist. The world's first analrapist.

10-29-04 10:38am (new)

TheBlairZip
Makes a Great Meal

Member Rated:

Received evil_d's CD today. I shall take a listen later this evening.

Got my playlist set...just need to burn, package and send. Sorry for the delay.

---
If it wasn't for bad luck I wouldn't have no luck at all. D'OH!

11-01-04 2:14pm (new)

little_kitty

Member Rated:

Received evil_d's CD today. I was excited, so I listened to it on the bus to work today. Will finish it on the bus to work tomorrow, as well as the bus home tomorrow.

aka Review Pending.

---
Okay, Lindsay, are you forgetting that I was a professional twice over - an analyst and a therapist. The world's first analrapist.

11-05-04 8:02pm (new)

little_kitty

Member Rated:

Review of evil_d's cd.

I'm just going to put down my favourites, even though this CD was kickass, I can see it being played a lot.

2. Even though I don't understand him, I still like his music.
5. Rockin.
6. I totally busted a move in my car to this one as I was driving home from work today.
13. I didn't have the track list with me when I was driving home and I amused myself by trying to figure out who this was. I had it narrowed down to Incubus and Staind.
14. I have no idea why I think I've heard this song a lot before. Was it in any movies? Or was even any of their music in a movie? This just... calls out from SOMETHING.
15. I almost like this version better than the remake that I think Finch did of the song. At least I assume it was Finch. Could have been any variety of pop-emo-punk bands.
***uh, I think there may have been an error in printing or line-up or something because the songs don't quite match up, they're one off... or... something***
22 (listed as 21) Pumpy uppy.
23. Same as above. Only this one made me want to groove.
26. I honestly thought that this was an acappella version of the actual BNL. Your college chorus did amazingly spot on with this song, d.

Overall, as I'm sure I mentioned above, I like this disc immensely. Rating: 9/10

Side note, discs will be out before the end of the month, with a consolation prize of another disc being thrown in.

---

11-06-04 2:15pm (new)

evil_d

Member Rated:

It was you who introduced me to him in a previous swap, and I thank you for it. But better that you don't understand the lyrics, I think. I've looked some of them up and it's kind of disappointing.

No idea. A friend heard them on a college radio station in NYC and introduced me to them, that's all I know. Actually, he probably first found out about them thanks to this music video, which everyone must watch. I promise it's worth the download. I guess that could be where you've heard them before, but I don't think the two songs are that similar.

Fuck. You're right. The track that was listed as #24, More and More, was burned as #19. The good news is that this is a printing mistake, not a burning mistake, so at least the disc sounds the way I wanted it to. Add one to the tracks listed as 19 - 23 accordingly. Sorry 'bout that.

Glad you think so. I actually wanted to use a different song from that disc -- the title track, the theme from Ghostbusters -- but they didn't do quite as good a job with that, and I thought you guys might find it annoying. I can post the MP3 if anyone's interested, though. It came down to this or their version of Nightswimming, and I chose this because I liked it a little better and because the original version of Nightswimming is practically a capella anyway.

Woohoo!

---

11-06-04 3:19pm (new)

little_kitty

Member Rated:

Aaaand the nomad strikes again. Just a side note that if you (being Fuzzy and Zip) were planning on sending out your CD's in the new year, I'll have a different more eccentric address, as I'm moving to the UK in late January/Early February

---

11-25-04 7:40am (new)

fuzzyman
Alpha Geek

Member Rated:

I hope to be sending out mine before Christmas.

---
...Trot and Cap'n Bill were free from anxiety and care. Button-Bright never worried about anything. The Scarecrow, not being able to sleep, looked out of the window and tried to count the stars.

11-28-04 7:06pm (new)

little_kitty

Member Rated:

Make that... eventually. Probably late Feb-Early March. So you've got LOTS of time to send. As for mine? Think two weeks from yesterday.

---

12-31-04 5:53pm (new)

umfumdisi
Forum comment:

Member Rated:

So, evil_d sent out discs, and fuzz, BZ, and kitty haven't yet? Just trying to keep up since Swap #6 sign-up will appear mid-January.

---
Chicken Feather Bed Bugs Bunny Hop Sing Out Side Street Walker Texas Ranger Cookie Dough Boy Wonder Years

12-31-04 8:19pm (new)

little_kitty

Member Rated:

Yep. _d was the only one on the ball this time.

---

1-01-05 10:12am (new)

dcomposed
C3H5N3O9

Member Rated:

ban !

swap 6 is gonna have like three people.

---
Batman created by Bob Kane

1-01-05 11:45am (new)

umfumdisi
Forum comment:

Member Rated:

and two of them will be dcom!

---
Chicken Feather Bed Bugs Bunny Hop Sing Out Side Street Walker Texas Ranger Cookie Dough Boy Wonder Years

1-02-05 7:24pm (new)

fuzzyman
Alpha Geek

Member Rated:

I'd better get on thr stick, then.

---
...Trot and Cap'n Bill were free from anxiety and care. Button-Bright never worried about anything. The Scarecrow, not being able to sleep, looked out of the window and tried to count the stars.

1-10-05 5:51pm (new)

little_kitty

Member Rated:

I lose, I know. The discs will be sent out some time before February 3rd, that I can assure... as that's when I'm moving to the UK. Well, sort of. I'm going to Ottawa for a week first then I'm off to the UK. So I suppose now is as good of time as any to hope for the discs of zee fuzzyman and Zip?

---

1-21-05 12:50pm (new)

fuzzyman
Alpha Geek

Member Rated:

I'll send 'em out Monday. I wanted to complete some kick-ass liner notes, but if I have to I'll send them out sans notes.

---

1-21-05 8:37pm (new)

umfumdisi
Forum comment:

Member Rated:

fuzzy, if you want to wait to send kitty's disc, that's fine. it can take two weeks for these things to be delivered if she's still in Canada. maybe you guys should pm each other and see what's up. even if you don't send her disc just yet, you can still be in swap #6.

kitty, i expect we'll see you in swap #7 once you've settled down. maybe you should change your name to Carmen Sandiego. ;)

---

1-21-05 10:51pm (new)

fuzzyman
Alpha Geek

Member Rated:

Kitty, let me know what you would like me to do. I've finished the notes so these things will really and truly go into the mailbox on Monday.

---

1-22-05 2:17pm (new)

fuzzyman
Alpha Geek

Member Rated:

CDs (except for the little kittster's) were mailed today!

---

1-24-05 7:37pm (new)

little_kitty

Member Rated:

I think what I'll do is I'll email you (fuzzy) and Zip my UK address, and you can send it out whenever... As yeah... I leave THIS address in 9 days.

---

1-25-05 8:57am (new)

evil_d

Member Rated:

Received fuzzy's disc today. Haven't listened to it yet, but the liner looks fantastic and a review of the tracklist gives me high hopes for it.

---

1-26-05 6:24pm (new)

little_kitty

Member Rated:

cds: finally burned

they should be deployed sometime after next wednesday (payday). I apologise for the delay, and I hope the mix rocks enough socks to make up for my tardiness

---

3-18-05 6:01pm (new)

TheBlairZip
Makes a Great Meal

Member Rated:

I sincerely apologize for being such a fucktard. I've had sooooooo much crap going on that I completely forgot about this. I swear that I should have a disc out by next week.

---
If it wasn't for bad luck I wouldn't have no luck at all. D'OH!

4-07-05 3:39pm (new)

Stripcreator » Stripcreator CD Swap » Swap #5 Group 1: Fuzzy Evil Kitty and Zip

reload page with comics

Jump to:

Post A Reply

stripcreator
Make a comic
Your comics
Create account
Forums
Help