Important notice about the future of Stripcreator (Updated: May 2nd, 2023)

stripcreator forums
Jump to:

Stripcreator » Stripcreator CD Swap » Swap #5 Group 3: Mikey Choad Ivy and Umfum

Author

ivytheplant
Obsessive Comic Disorder

Member Rated:

Actually, so did I. I used my paltry allowance even. How sad is that?

There's an idea for a swap CD. "Bad Movie, Good Soundtrack." Though I'm not sure I could scrounge up enough for a whole CD without using several from the same CD.

Let's see, Batman & Robin, Batman Forever (still not as bad as B&R), Power Rangers...

I'm still working on Choad's CDs. Since tomorrow/today will be a Project Day, I can give them a proper listen (I hope) and review.

This is all new to me. I've never had to actually review a CD before. The closest I've come is telling people "like it," "like it," "love it," "sucked ass."

9-16-04 3:09am (new)
quote : comics : pm : info

ivytheplant
Obsessive Comic Disorder

Member Rated:

I listened to "music to soothe that tiger" and I must say, it's impossible for me to review the songs separately. It was such a masterpiece that I let it go without writing anything down. The transitions were perfect, the music was awesome. If the songs were separated and on other CDs, that would be a different story, but the combination of all of this was music bliss. Absolutely fabulous.

I haven't been able to listen to "Let Me Touch Him" yet. My stereo keeps stopping play on track 2 for some reason. I'll kick it a few times, probably blow the dust out of it since I really haven't used the CD player in ages.

9-23-04 10:57am (new)

choadwarrior
Crash Magnet

Member Rated:

Let me know if it doesnt work on a different player and I'll send you another copy.

9-23-04 7:50pm (new)

umfumdisi
Forum comment:

Member Rated:

Once again, death has kicked me in the nads, so I've fallen behind schedule. However, the discs have been burned, and I'll do my best to get them out next week.

I started "Let Me Touch Him" but didn't get to finish. I thought "Tiger" looked more to my overall liking, so I'm saving it for last. By ivy's estimation, it looks like I made a good choice.

I still can't get beyond Mikey's cover art without ROFLing.

---
Chicken Feather Bed Bugs Bunny Hop Sing Out Side Street Walker Texas Ranger Cookie Dough Boy Wonder Years

9-24-04 9:17am (new)

umfumdisi
Forum comment:

Member Rated:

choadwarrior's "Let Me Touch Him"*, **
---------------------------------------------
*as Mikey found out, some of the tracks were listed out of order on the labels. i'll list the tracks in the order they appear on my CD.
01. BEN KELLER - How It Should Be. Offbeat yet groovy. Sounds like something mmyers would have sent.

02. BELLE & SEBASTIAN - Seeing Other People. The lyrics are great, but the bubblegum pop sound wears thin upon subsequent listens.

03. VELVET UNDERGROUND & NICO - I'll Be Your Mirror. VU has some great and not-so-great moments. At first, I didn't care for this song, but it's growing on me (sort of like kudzu).

04. TALKING HEADS - This Must Be The Place. Throwing the old dogs a bone here, choad? I LOVE this song.

05. BETA BAND - Dry The Rain. At first I dug this track, then I didn't so much. The end goes on a bit too long, but that could be said of a lot of songs.

06. DAFT PUNK - Something About Us. Slow and Fonky! Quite different (and better) than the other DAFT tunes I've heard.

07. DIRTY VEGAS - Damn, this disc is more smooth than 100-year-old single-malt Scotch.

08. KRAFTWERK - Tour De France. "I'm the operator of my pocket calculator." You KRAUTWERK fans will get that.

09. WEEN - Ocean Man. Everything's better with WEEN! Actually, choad, I almost put this on one of my discs. You'll see why.

10. MARSHALL CRENSHAW - Is he related to MARSHALL TUCKER? Nice song.

11. JOHNATHAN RICHMAN - They're Not Tryin' On The Dance Floor. This one turned out to be almost exactly what I thought it was going to be like! Very cool.

12. THE BENS - Wicked Little Town. Started out sort of plain--ended up a swan.

13. THE THRILLS - Santa Cruz. I would have liked this one better if it had been about Santa's "cruise." You know, with the rubbing of lotion on elves and that sort of thing. :i

14. STEREOLAB - Captain Easychord. Excellent, excellent, excellent.

15. SYD BARRETT - Gigolo Aunt. Sweet, now I know from whence came the band name of the GIGOLO AUNTS on jes' previous swap. As for the music, it's really cool and kind of...early FLOYDish (Really? No shit! Now why would that be?).

16. JOHN DENVER - Good Morning, Starshine. Sometimes, airplane crashes are a good thing.

17. & 18. POLYPHONIC SPREE - Sections 6 & 7. I'd been wanting to hear some of this group, but I still don't have a good enough impression of them to say much other than I liked what I heard here.
** also, i was quite confused because my portable CD/mp3 player wouldn't even play two of the tracks. then, my OLD CD player handled evrything perfectly. so, it turns out that only #s 10 & 12 are reversed on the label. hope that helps, Mikey.
I'll post final thoughts on all three choad discs after the next review.

---
Chicken Feather Bed Bugs Bunny Hop Sing Out Side Street Walker Texas Ranger Cookie Dough Boy Wonder Years

9-28-04 9:07pm (new)

umfumdisi
Forum comment:

Member Rated:

Good News: My discs will be shipped tomorrow.

I was going to include some notes, but I'll send those along in letter form soon. They're not finished yet.

---

10-04-04 5:50pm (new)

umfumdisi
Forum comment:

Member Rated:

choadwarrior's "Music To Soothe That Tiger"
--------------------------------------------------
01. HERB ALPERT - The Lonely Bull. Classic track done right. I like The Ventures' version, too.

02. KARL DENSON - Dance Lesson #2. I like Karl, but I've only heard a little of his stuff. Great track.

03. MACEO PARKER - Uptown Up. If U don't know MACEO, then U don't know horn.

04. TITAN - Corazon. Seemed to lack a little corazon, actually.

05. MR. GONE - Mosquito Coast 94-96. I suppose this group took their name from the WEATHER REPORT song/album. Come to think of it, this sort of sounds like a modern WEATHER REPORT. Nice.

06. GUMNAAM - Jaan Pehechaan Ho. Oriental Latin Surf music. Of course.

07. FRANK SINATRA - Mrs. Robinson. Proof that Frankie didn't have that golden touch all the time.

08. BUDDY BLUE - Minor Buzz. Sounds a lot like it could have come from OLIVER NELSON's "Blues and the Abstract Truth." Very good.

09. TOM JONES - Help Yourself. Not only did I come close to putting this on one of my discs, it's the same number as the WEEN track on your other disc that I almost put on mine. Get out of my head!

10. LES HOMMES - Intraspettro. Excellent groove. The organ reminds me a bit of THE CHARLATANS UK--did you happen to see them while living in London?

11. APRIL STEVENS - Teach Me Tiger. I think poor April has a flat tire...whuh, whuh, wuh-whuh!

12. MOCEAN WORKER - Tres Tres Chic. I think one "Tres" would have sufficed.

13. GREYBOY - La Jolla. If La Jolla (the place) is as sweet and supple as this song, then I want to move there. Of course, they'd kick me out after I promounced "Jolla" wrong.

14. BOARDS OF CANADA - Roygbiv. Like the whore on her honeymoon, I'm disappointed that it's not longer.

15. ARLING & CAMERON - Voulez Vous?. Non.

16. MADLIB - Funky Blue Note. Hot shit. The best MADLIB track I've heard so far.

17. FISCHERSPOONER - Panther Theme. Bulls, Mosquitos, Tigers, and Panthers--oh my! Good rework of old material. I'd like to hear something original by them.

18. OINGO BOINGO - Return Of The Dead Man 2. It's been a long time since "Weird Science." I didn't realize these guys were still making music. Great energy and bounce here. Did you know that MARK MOTHERSBAUGH of DEVO does the music for the "Rugrats" TV show?
---------------------------------------------------

Guerrero Del Choad:
Probably a bit too much Electronica and Dance for my taste, but there were many good songs and enough stuff new to my ears to hold my interest. Grade: B-

Let Me Touch Him:
Loads of good music here. Even if I didn't like a song here and there, they fit so snugly into the mix that I didn't mind hearing them. The track sequencing is awesome (even if the text labeling is not;), and its relaxing nature elevates the disc to another level. Grade: A.

Music To Soothe That Tiger:
This mix was too much fun. The disc is almost perfect, and it's not like the two songs I didn't care for are awful or anything--they're more ephemeral. It ranks at #2--right behind jes' "Introspective"--in my growing collection of Swap Discs. Grade: A+

Also, the artwork and packaging for each disc was great. Lots of cool little touches that I appreciated. So, a big THANKS goes out to Choad Guerrero for his effort and skill.

---

10-04-04 10:28pm (new)

umfumdisi
Forum comment:

Member Rated:

Packages went out this morning to my group members. Should arrive by Fri/Sat. Be sure to remove ALL contents; there are three discs and a couple of other little things. Enjoy!

---

10-05-04 9:31am (new)

ivytheplant
Obsessive Comic Disorder

Member Rated:

Ooo! Goodies!

I can't wait til #6. I have CDs planned through #10.

10-05-04 11:50am (new)

MikeyG
Shoots the shit and often misses

Member Rated:

Dang, I still gotta ship out me second disc to you knuckemops.

---
The giant three-phallused phallus of Uzbekistan will one day squirt the cosmic jizz of revenge all over Canada.

10-06-04 7:12am (new)

umfumdisi
Forum comment:

Member Rated:

TENNESSongs:

Todd Steed And The Suns Of Phere – Todd Steed is a local legend who used to play in a band called Smokin’ Dave and The Primo Dopes. He used to work at a cool used music store when I started college. I still see him around sometimes. His songs on this compilation come from the album, “Knoxville Tells.” The album is part mash note, part diary, and part diatribe about life in our scruffy little city, Knoxville, TN.

01. Radio Towers: Sharp’s Ridge houses most of the broadcast towers for our radio and TV stations. Since I live within five miles of The Ridge, it’s hard to get decent reception on my home stereos. The Ridge used to be a “pickle park” and site for drug deals, but the cops have put a stop to both activities.

02. New Knoxville Girl: Knoxville’s downtown has been the source of much political and economic debate ever since the early 80s. No one can ever agree upon how to revitalize the area. Meanwhile, the nearby “Old City” section prospers with an ebb and flow of businesses surviving on college student dollars amid a stronger base of diverse service-oriented and manufacturing industries.

03. Ryan Adams – Tennessee Sucks: I don’t know much about Ryan Adams, but I do know that he’s perfectly captured the lazy feel of a nothing-to-do summer day in TN (of which I had plenty while growing up).

04. Oneida – Tennessee: Oneida…is a band from Brooklyn, New York. This track is from the band’s “Steel Rod” EP. Oneida…is a one-stoplight town about 50 miles from Knoxville. Oneida…is also the name of a Native American Indian tribe:

In December, 1777, the Continental Congress gratefully addressed the Oneidas in these terms:
Hearken to what we have to say to you in particular: It rejoices our hearts, that we have no reason to reproach you in common with the rest of the Six Nations.
We have experienced your love, strong as the oak, and your fidelity, unchangeable as truth. You have kept fast hold of the ancient covenant-chain, and preserved it free from rust and decay, and bright as silver. Like brave men, for glory you despised danger; you stood forth, in the cause of your friends, and ventured your lives in our battles. While the sun and moon continue to give light to the world, we shall love and respect you. As our trusted friends, we shall protect you; and shall at all times consider your welfare as our own.
Journals of the Continental Congress 9:996
The State of New York expressed its appreciation of the Oneidas on September 3 of the same year:
"Resolved, that the Oneida Nation are the allies of this State and that we shall consider any attack upon them as an attack upon our own People."
--Public Papers of Governor George Clinton 2:272

05. Steve Earle – Copperhead Road: You probably know this song already, but it had to be included since it specifically mentions Knoxville. The secluded East TN mountains, prohibition, and abject poverty combined to make moonshining a pretty common “hobby” for many residents. The remains of a moonshine still used to stand on a creek bank not far from my mother’s current house. Moonshiners aren’t as numerous as they used to be, but you can still buy moonshine at certain bars if you know how to ask right. As Mr. Earle explains, marijuana “farming” is the more popular occupation nowadays.

06. Indigo Girls – Nashville: A bittersweet song about the highs and lows of life in Music City. This song comes from “Rites Of Passage.” I like Nashville more each time I go there.

CHOAD. Hank Snow – I’ve Been Everywhere: America’s one-time-favorite singer of Traveling Songs hailed from Nova Scotia! This is Choad’s song because it seems he’s lived in or traveled to most everywhere! Oh, and here’s all the places mentioned in the song:

“Been to Reno, Chicago, Fargo, Minnesota
Buffalo, Toronto, Winslow, Sarasota
Wichita, Tulsa, Ottawa, Oklahoma
Tampa, Panama, Mattawa, La Paloma
Bangor, Baltimore, Salvador, Amarillo
Tocopilla, Barranquilla, and Padilla, I'm a killer

Boston, Charleston, Dayton, Louisiana
Washington, Houston, Kingston, Texarkana
Monterey, Ferriday, Santa Fe, Tallapoosa
Glen Rock, Black Rock, Little Rock, Oskaloosa
Tennessee, Hennessey, Chicopee, Spirit Lake
Grand Lake, Devil's Lake, Crater Lake, for Pete's sake

Louisville, Nashville, Knoxville, Ombabika
Shefferville, Jacksonville, Waterville, Costa Rica
Pittsfield, Springfield, Bakersfield, Shreveport
Hackensack, Cadillac, Fond Du Lac, Davenport
Idaho, Jellicoe, Argentina, Diamontina
Pasadena, Catalina, see what I mean, sir

Pittsburgh, Parkersburg, Gravellburg, Colorado
Ellensburg, Rexburg, Vicksburg, Eldorado
Larrimore, Atmore, Haverstraw, Chattanika
Chaska, Nebraska, Alaska, Opelika
Baraboo, Waterloo, Kalamazoo, Kansas City
Sioux City, Cedar City, Dodge City, what a pity…”

08. Lyle Lovett – I’ve Been To Memphis: Remember when he was married to Julia Roberts? Me neither. Like Hank, Lyle has been to several places. This jazzy number is from his excellent and hardly country-sounding “Joshua Judges Ruth.”

09. Johnny Rivers – Memphis, Tennessee: This is one of those songs with a “surprise” ending. I had a version by Elvis Presley, too, but, frankly, Johnny’s is better.

10. Beastie Boys – Johnny Ryall: Memphis is mentioned briefly here, so that was a good enough excuse for me to include the Beasties.

11. Prince – Alphabet St.: “LoveSexy” wasn’t the best Prince album ever, but this song proved more funky than I remember it being back in 1988. And the “Tennessee” part was sampled and used to good effect by ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT a few years later. I put AD’s “Tennessee” song on a previous swap, so that’s why it’s not included on this one.

12. Paul Simon – Graceland: Yes, we’re still stuck in Memphis. I’ve been in front of Graceland, but I didn’t really have any interest in going inside. From the album of the same name.

MIKEY. Glenn Miller Orchestra featuring The Andrews Sisters – Chattanooga Choo-Choo: I was ordered to include this song by the Tennessee State Historic Society. Okay, now I’m just making shit up. Anyway, I do like it. I chose it as MikeyG’s song mostly because the “G” in Glenn Miller finished off the Mikey part. Also, I like to imagine Mikey dressing up as an Andrews Sister and pulling off a remarkable karaoke version.

14. Tennessee Ernie Ford – Sixteen Tons: Oddly enough, Tennessee Ernie is from Nova Scotia, too. Ha! Actually, he was born in Bristol, TN, and worked as a DJ in Knoxville (and Atlanta) in the early 40s. He soon moved to California where he became known as “Tennessee Ernie” on his radio show. The song doesn’t mention TN, but mining is still one of the state’s largest industries.

15. Chet Atkins and Jerry Reed – Tennessee Stud: A mostly instrumental version of the country classic. I try to include Chet Atkins in swaps whenever possible. And Jerry Reed rules more than most people realize.

16. Todd Steed And The Suns Of Phere – The World’s Unfair (Since 1982): Knoxville has always struggled with its identity. It wants to be a city, but can’t leave its country roots behind. The 1982 World’s Fair was supposed to put the city on the map (in bigger letters than it had been before, I suppose). Indeed, the Knoxville fair was one of the last World’s Fairs to “make” money, and it was very popular, but it left behind a lot of problems and scandal as well. And besides a memorable appearance on “The Simpsons,” the dull, brassy Sunsphere stands as a haunting reminder that Knoxville still hasn’t quite made it to wherever the hell it is we’re supposed to be.

17. Osborne Brothers – Rocky Top: Pity the poor fool who buys a ticket to his alma mater’s football game only to find that he is sitting next to the visiting University of Tennessee’s Pride Of The Southland Band, for that poor fool will hear “Rocky Top” about 100 times over the next three hours.

IVY. Robinella and The CCstringband – Tennessee Saturday Night: Primer: a “brogan” is a heavy work boot; a “fiddle” is a violin; to “go native” means to remove all of one’s clothing. Here’s some detailed information on one of our local favorites from allmusic.com:

Robinella and the CCstringband is the brainchild of mandolinist Cruz Contreras, who formed the group's precursor, the Stringbeans, in 1997 while attending the University of Tennessee at Knoxville as a jazz piano major. The bluegrass band's co-founder was singer/guitarist Robin Ella Tipton, and it also featured other UT students Jay Clark, Clint Cagle, and Joel Keebler. Adding jazz elements to their sound, the Stringbeans attracted local attention, but not enough to keep Clark, Cagle, and Keebler from departing when they finished school. Contreras and Tipton married, and by 1999 they had reconfigured the group, adding Billy Contreras on fiddle, Steve Kovalcheck on electric guitar, and Taylor Coker on upright bass, to form Robinella and the CCstringband. The group built up a following around Knoxville and released its first album, Robinella and the CCstringband [2000] (2000), and its second, No Saint, No Prize (2001), on independent Big Gulley Records. They were then signed to Columbia Records, which released an EP, Blanket for My Soul, selecting tracks from their earlier records, in December 2002. Gaining national exposure by touring the country opening for Kasey Chambers, the band released their first full-length major-label CD, Robinella and the CCstringband [2003], in May 2003.

I chose this track for Ivy because I thought she’d like the idea of a bluegrass-based country-jazz band fronted by the “Hill-Billie Holliday.”

19. Johnny Cash – Tennessee Flat Top Box
20. Johnny Cash – Tennessee Stud: I could hardly put together a collection of TennesSongs without some good ol’ JC. The first one is older. The second one is newer; it was recorded live at The Viper Room in Los Angeles and released on “American Recordings” in 1994.

21. George Jones – Tennessee Whiskey: If you don’t like Country music, then you better leave now. The Head Chef that I used to work under a long time ago would always make everyone in the kitchen shut up when this song—HIS SONG—came on the radio.

22. Patsy Cline and Jim Reeves – Tennessee Waltz: Patsy sings; Jim plays. There are large bells on “The Hill” at the Univ. of TN campus that play this tune at the end of the day.

23. Robert Earl Keen, Jr. – Leaving Tennessee: You are now leaving Tennessee, please restore your sister to her original, upright position and spit out your tobacco before crossing the state line. We hope you’ve enjoyed your stay. Y’all come back now, ya hear?

---

10-12-04 12:35am (new)

umfumdisi
Forum comment:

Member Rated:

As you will soon hear, this is music I’ve collected that was featured in various ad campaigns. I’ve listed the Company doing the advertising plus the ad name and date where possible. I want to see if you guys think it’s worth hearing more than 30-60 seconds of these songs.
There were other songs that I wanted to include, but didn’t own them or couldn’t find decent copies of them to DL. They were: “Fiery Yellow” by STEREOLAB, “Gymnopedies No. 1” by ERIK SATIE, “Minstrel Boy” by JOE STRUMMER AND THE MESCALEROS, “Tropicando” by LES BAXTER, and that song from the Degree Anti-Perspirant “Kung-Fu” commercial (which a friend has since found for me—I don’t want to reveal the song or band name because I’m going to use it for a future swap J).
The sound bites have been collected over several years. I included them because they’re fun, and most of them echo or refer to something in the songs around them. I’ll let you figure that out as well. The only tracks not from TV or intended for TV are numbers 29 and 30.
29 is from a Mike Myers movie that I never saw until it came on TV, so there. 30 was probably a radio promo, but I don’t know for sure. So, drop that remote, and tune into:

COMMERCIAL MUSIC:

01 i need 20 live turkeys - WKRP (Mr. Carlson)
02 Tell Me Something Good - RUFUS featuring CHAKA KHAN
Jackson-Hewitt tax service 2002
03 hear my head roar - Looney Toons (Foghorn Leghorn)
04 My Friend - GROOVE ARMADA
Nike “Just”
05 i cannot believe what i'm hearing - Spongebob Squarepants (Patrick Star)
06 Gravity Rides Everything - MODEST MOUSE from The Moon And Antarctica (Remaster)
played in ads for both the Nissan Quest minivan and Miller Genuine Draft
07 earth-shattering kaboom - Looney Toons (Marvin The Martian)
08 Cannonball – THE BREEDERS from Title TK
Nissan Sentra “Wants” 2000
09 parental guidance - PSA
10 Si Señor – CONTROL MACHETE from Control Machete
Levi’s Lightweight Jeans “Crazy Legs” 2002
11 perfect English - I Love Lucy (Lucy & Desi)
12 Mas - KINKY
Nissan Altima various ads 2003
13 Fred Garvin - SNL (Dan Akroyd)
14 Sundown – GORDON LIGHTFOOT from Gord's Gold
Gateway Digital Music
15 hey, Rocky - Rocky & Bullwinkle
16 Papa Loves Mambo – PERRY COMO
Nike
17 i've fallen - MedAlert (old lady)
18 Sweet Happy Life – PEGGY LEE
Target “Happy Inside” 2002
19 i live a small life - King Of Queens (Spence Ulchin)
20 Frozen Peas Spot – ORSON WELLES
I vaguely remember this commercial from my youth. Who knew Orson was such a bitch?
21 thank you, Mr. Know-It-All - Rocky & Bullwinkle
22 Beans and Cornbread – LOUIS JORDAN from Best Of…
Okay, this wasn’t a commercial, but it was the theme music for TBS’ “Dinner And A Movie,” and the song is really catchy and cool.
23 bowels - Side Effects
24 Muh-Nah Muh-Nah – THE MUPPETS
Again, not a commercial, but The Muppets were a special TV event at my house.
25 BBC - Monty Python (Eric Idle)
26 Flamenco Sketches – MILES DAVIS from Kind Of Blue (Remaster)
I-Book “Possibility of Love”
27 supergenius - Looney Toons (Wile E. Coyote)
28 Pink Moon - NICK DRAKE from Pink Moon
Volkswagen Cabrio 2004? [I’m pretty sure Volkswagen used this before 2004, but that’s what my source says]
29 head - So I Married An Axe Murderer (Mike Myers)
I love the part where he says, “Oh, that was a bit offside.”
30 Paul Quinn College Spot - BARRY WHITE
Another great blooper reel. “This asshole fucked these words up!”
31 eunuch's underpants - Black Adder (Rowan Atkinson)
32 Happy Jack - THE WHO from Greatest Hits
Hummer “Big Race” 2003
33 i'm a viking - The Simpsons (Ralph Wiggum)
34 Do You Realize?? – FLAMING LIPS from Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots
Mitsubishi Galant “City Streets” 2004
35 200 ways to kill a man - Duckman (Cornfed and ???)
36 Tom's Diner - DNA featuring SUZANNE VEGA
Nissan Maxima “Sunset”
37 these pretzels - Seinfeld (Kramer)
38 Superfly – CURTIS MAYFIELD from Superfly (Remastered)
Mitsubishi Eclipse “Fun”
39 i thought turkeys could fly - WKRP (Mr. Carlson)

---

10-12-04 12:38am (new)

ivytheplant
Obsessive Comic Disorder

Member Rated:

I'm almost done with the Commercial Music CD and I thought that's what the schtick was. You managed to pick the coolest of the commercial music. I'm afraid I must bow down to you and choad for masterful CD arrangements. Individually, very few of those songs would interest me, but put together it's some kind of genius.

Choad, still can't get the Let Me Touch Him CD to work except on my old DVD player and that's actually getting ready to be tossed to make way for the new surround system (which won't play it).

Okay, when's Swap #6? I have more CD ideas piling up than I can keep to myself.

10-12-04 1:47pm (new)

MikeyG

Member Rated:

I just got Umfum's CDs yesterday. They look awesome, and the special prize inside appears to have suffocated in transit.

---
The giant three-phallused phallus of Uzbekistan will one day squirt the cosmic jizz of revenge all over Canada.

10-14-04 9:51am (new)

ivytheplant
Obsessive Comic Disorder

Member Rated:

I guess Denebian slime devils don't ship well.

10-14-04 6:40pm (new)

mmyers
Passing through.

Member Rated:

quote:
01. BEN KELLER - How It Should Be. Offbeat yet groovy. Sounds like something mmyers would have sent.

What's funny about that is that I considered sending out some Ben Kweller last time. Love 'em, I do.

---
Peeing sitting down is the gift you give yourself.

10-15-04 1:29pm (new)

biped
Mr. Wonderful

Member Rated:

I've never been in this forum before. What do you guys do?

---
Legend, oh legend, the third wheel legend...always in the way.

10-17-04 2:07am (new)

choadwarrior
Crash Magnet

Member Rated:

We create CD's and mail them to each other for fun and non-profit.

10-17-04 10:01pm (new)

biped
Mr. Wonderful

Member Rated:

Well, I can't create CD's. Bye!

---
Legend, oh legend, the third wheel legend...always in the way.

10-18-04 1:23am (new)

MikeyG

Member Rated:

Umfum, I chose to listen to the mystery disc first. What the hell is that 3rd (could be fourth) track about Big George and the beans? WHAT IS IT??? TELL ME!

---

10-18-04 8:12am (new)

MikeyG

Member Rated:

Never mind, I found it. Gotta see that now.

---

10-18-04 8:14am (new)

little_kitty
I bop, you bop, a-they bop.

Member Rated:

Un true. Its profitable in the sense that you're adding to your musical taste. At least its true for me that way.

---
Okay, Lindsay, are you forgetting that I was a professional twice over - an analyst and a therapist. The world's first analrapist.

10-18-04 8:39am (new)

choadwarrior
Crash Magnet

Member Rated:

Well, it was unprofitable for me when Mikey drew his curtains closed and called the cops as I stood below his bedroom window playing my mix cd's on a boombox raised above my head.

Now he'll never know how much he is supposed to love me.

10-18-04 5:10pm (new)

umfumdisi
Forum comment:

Member Rated:

Did I say I was mailing liner notes? I meant emailing. :) Check your inbox soon.

---

10-18-04 9:27pm (new)

MikeyG

Member Rated:

quote:
Well, it was unprofitable for me when Mikey drew his curtains closed and called the cops as I stood below his bedroom window playing my mix cd's on a boombox raised above my head.

Now he'll never know how much he is supposed to love me.

Oh, I knew, and I do love you, choady. I'm just a bitch.

---

10-19-04 8:02am (new)

Stripcreator » Stripcreator CD Swap » Swap #5 Group 3: Mikey Choad Ivy and Umfum

reload page with comics

Jump to:

Post A Reply

stripcreator
Make a comic
Your comics
Create account
Forums
Help
comics
Random Comic
Comic Contests