Important notice about the future of Stripcreator (Updated: May 2nd, 2023)

stripcreator forums
Jump to:

Stripcreator » Fights Go Here » Is it natural to be pissed off all the time?

Author

attitudechicka
is never bored.

Member Rated:

[ Posted comic does not exist ]

---
Mediocrity at its most average.

10-04-01 9:55am (new)
quote : comics : pm : info

Kevin_Keegans_Perm
Bean There, Done That

Member Rated:

Actually , i use Anger in a positive manner. I channel it into statements mocking and deriding my fellow man.

The only people who are immune to my ascerbic barbs are my immediate family members .....and theyre not immune 100% of the time.

Oh , and anyone posting a shit-funny strip i consider for godhood for around 30 minutes before i regain my senses.

(and Yes. Its Natural to be pissed off all the time. Any being that had to bleed for 4 days every month and isnt allowed to paint the walls with it afterwards is allowed to be Angry)

---
"Life Sucks, Then you Die. The bit inbetween isnt very funny either"

10-04-01 11:13am (new)

gabe_billings
President and CEO of Wirthlingsux Inc.

Member Rated:

It's probably just the tail end of your teenage angst. Soon you can forget everything in a four year drunken stupor at college.

---
100 pounds of shit in a 25 pound sack.

10-04-01 7:10pm (new)

attitudechicka
is never bored.

Member Rated:

quote:

(and Yes. Its Natural to be pissed off all the time. Any being that had to bleed for 4 days every month and isnt allowed to paint the walls with it afterwards is allowed to be Angry)

4 days? Try 5 to 7.

I dropped out of high school. I don't see myself at college. I'm just going to work my way up the bluelight ladder.

---

10-04-01 9:35pm (new)

Kevin_Keegans_Perm
Bean There, Done That

Member Rated:

quote:
quote:

4 days? Try 5 to 7.

I dropped out of high school. I don't see myself at college. I'm just going to work my way up the bluelight ladder.

Im going solely on the period of days per month when my girlfriend makes my life a living hell. If i went on the number of days my ex-fiance made my life a living hell , itd be 27 , and only a transfusion would save your life.

---

10-04-01 9:44pm (new)

gabe_billings

Member Rated:

quote:

Well that's no good. I'm all for ditching college for a year or two until you feel you're ready. But it's a pretty worthwhile thing. I wish I'd stuck with it all the way through. I keep going back but it's a pain in the ass to try and finish up when you work full time, too.

But if the Bluelight Specials speak your name you must heed their call.

---

10-05-01 1:15pm (new)

wirthling
supercalifragilisticexpialadosucks

Member Rated:

I dropped out of college in 1990 when I was 22 and sorely regret it now. Then again, I am not sure what I would have done with the philosophy degree I was pursuing. (Insert philosophy degree joke here.) I am now back in college and working on an IT degree, but it will be 2003 before I graduate. I wish I had resumed my pursuit of a degree earlier.

When you're 22, it seems like you have all the time in the world. When you're 32 and find that you let yourself drift for a decade, you suddenly realize that you really don't have enough time to do all the things you had hoped to do in your life. I feel now like I'm working my ass off just to catch up on lost time.

---
"And Wirthling isn't worth the paper he isn't printed on."

10-05-01 2:31pm (new)

wirthling
supercalifragilisticexpialadosucks

Member Rated:

Oops, pardon me. I forgot that this is the "Fights Go Here" forum and not the "Melancholic Life Lesson Testimonial" forum.

Gabe is a poohead.

---
"And Wirthling isn't worth the paper he isn't printed on."

10-05-01 4:51pm (new)

gabe_billings

Member Rated:

Wirthling is a poohead, too. But he's in the same boat as me. I was studying photography for two years when I decided to quit. Which in and of itself was a pretty good idea, since I don't think it was the right career choice for me.

But when I go to school now it's from 6 to 10 at night after a full day of work. And I think back to all the free time I pissed away in college not doing much and how much I could have accomplished in the last ten years if I'd had a little more direction and motivation.

But I still don't really know what I want to do with my life. Like wirthling and probably several others of you, I'm drifting along in IT related fields. I've gone back to school twice and recently decided to stop for a while, mainly because of the evil of transfer credits.

Every time I've transferred, about half of the previous work I'd done wasn't applicable to the new school and thus became pretty much worthless. My wife is doing her residency here and there's a pretty good chance we're going to leave next July. I was pretty sure I wasn't going to be able to get a degree done by then, and I didn't want to get 4/5ths of the way there, move somewhere else and find that I was still two years away again.

I decided to stop and wait until we were somewhere I was sure we were staying for a decent period of time before starting again. Plus by then we should have enough money so that I could quit working and go to school full time and try and get done a little more quickly.

Also like wirthling, I feel an odd pull toward the protective services. He's going to EMT school, which I've been thinking about. I'm also seriously considering taking the civil service exam and trying to become a firefighter. (I'd look like this.)It's one of those odd things that keeps gnawing at me and I figure I'm never going to know what
it's like 'till I give it a shot. Computer work is great, but I think it'd be really great to have a job where you can make tangible impacts on people's lives.

I look at my wife's job and realize that aside from the mundane runny noses and back pains that she sees, she occaisonally gets the chance to save someone's life. That's got to give you a certain sense of satisfaction at the end of the day that eight hours worth of coding probably isn't ever going to match. (Though coding is pretty satisfying.)

I'm sure jobs like that even themselves out from the people that shuffle off the mortal coil whilst lying in front of you, but still...

Ok. Was that too much?

Wirthling is still a poopie head.

---

10-05-01 7:11pm (new)

gabe_billings

Member Rated:

[Click to view comic: 'Career Change']

---

10-05-01 7:19pm (new)

gabe_billings

Member Rated:

And in the spirit of Fights Going Here...

[Click to view comic: 'Life's a Beach']

---

10-05-01 7:23pm (new)

DexX
What the Cat Dragged In

Member Rated:

...and it isn't considered to be seriously abnormal until it's gone on for two weeks.

Oh, and regarding mis-timed education, I did the IT degree thing straight out of year twelve back in 1992, switched back and forth between that and teaching, chucked it in, moved insterstate early in 1994, started doing year twelve again to get a better mark and get into a better uni course, got fucked over by the government and had to quit, went from shitty job to unemployment to shitty job repeatedly for a few years, then decided to go back to uni. Being a mature-age student, I was allowed to take a yr12 mark equivalence test (my original one wouldn't have gotten me enrolled in anything) and blitzed it, scoring in the top 1% of those tested. Discovered I really fucking hate IT (love computers, hate trying to do anything useful with them) and switched to the BA. Found that I adore linguistics and philosophy, but I am somewhat worried that they won't get me any money.

Oh well, there'll be time to worry about my post-uni unemployability later.

---
This signature has performed an illegal operation and has been shut down.

10-06-01 1:41am (new)

gabe_billings

Member Rated:

...and it isn't considered to be seriously abnormal until it's gone on for two weeks.

Oh, and regarding mis-timed education, I did the IT degree thing straight out of year twelve back in 1992, switched back and forth between that and teaching, chucked it in, moved insterstate early in 1994, started doing year twelve again to get a better mark and get into a better uni course, got fucked over by the government and had to quit, went from shitty job to unemployment to shitty job repeatedly for a few years, then decided to go back to uni. Being a mature-age student, I was allowed to take a yr12 mark equivalence test (my original one wouldn't have gotten me enrolled in anything) and blitzed it, scoring in the top 1% of those tested. Discovered I really fucking hate IT (love computers, hate trying to do anything useful with them) and switched to the BA. Found that I adore linguistics and philosophy, but I am somewhat worried that they won't get me any money.

Oh well, there'll be time to worry about my post-uni unemployability later.

Let me translate that for the Australian impaired:

I finished high school then spent the remainder of my life up to now fucking kangaroos.

Sorry. Couldn't resist.

---

10-06-01 5:16am (new)

Kevin_Keegans_Perm
Bean There, Done That

Member Rated:

quote:
Let me translate that for the Australian impaired:

I finished high school then spent the remainder of my life up to now fucking kangaroos.

Sorry. Couldn't resist.

Thanks , id been utterly lost until that point.

---

10-06-01 5:41am (new)

DexX
What the Cat Dragged In

Member Rated:

Oh yeah??? Well you... uh... you fuck bald eagles! ...or bison, or something...

Damn your nation's lack of an internationally recognised animal mascot and/or common livestock!

---

10-06-01 5:58am (new)

skagg
Comic Overlord

Member Rated:

actually so far as i know not many of the countries represented on these forums have specific recognised animals

---
Who knows what fear lurks in the hearts of men? MIKE BOBSICO KNOWS! And if you give him a decent tip when he delivers your mail , he might tell you.

10-06-01 6:18am (new)

andydougan
Film critic subordinaire

Member Rated:

We have wild haggises.

10-06-01 2:57pm (new)

gabe_billings

Member Rated:

And we all know where you like to stick those.

---

10-06-01 4:06pm (new)

DexX
What the Cat Dragged In

Member Rated:

From all reports, they taste like they already have been.

---

10-07-01 1:08am (new)

Kevin_Keegans_Perm
Bean There, Done That

Member Rated:

Can i just , for the record , inform people that i am in fact , the only non drinking , non smoking , non haggis eating , non irn-bru drinking scotsman EVER to have appeared on the forums of this , or any other website.

Thanks

---

10-07-01 5:18am (new)

DexX
What the Cat Dragged In

Member Rated:

That's illegal, isn't it?

---

10-07-01 7:35am (new)

attitudechicka
is never bored.

Member Rated:

For the record: Even if I would have stuck it out in school, I wouldn't have finished until I was 21 and they couldn't hold me any longer. They really had it out for me because of my family (being so respected I get out of most traffic violations and get free food at most resturants) and because of my incompatable to my "status" friends. I was such a complex person to them that they decided that I wasn't good enough for their school. Therefore they stopped giving me the higher grades I didn't deserve and started giving me the lower, below-average grades that I know I did better than.

In short, the schools in St. Louis suck.

On another note, if you come in to St. Louis, please stop by Six Flags fright fest (this will be running every weekend until the end of October). I am in the Mosoleum of Terror as the Librarian, but I am stationed in every room--mostly the exorcist (forgive my spelling) room. It's an additional $3.00 charge, but what's $3.00 to get scared so bad you piss your pants? I mean literally, I got a guy who was about Gabe's size to piss his pants (then of course, I had to clean it up).

---

10-07-01 9:09am (new)

kramer_vs_kramer
Stripcreator Newbie

Member Rated:

Are you a Soprano or something?

10-07-01 10:14am (new)

Kevin_Keegans_Perm
Bean There, Done That

Member Rated:

That's illegal, isn't it?

No. Just as its not illegal for Australians not to drink tinnies , root sheep , and bungee jump from Ayers Rock.

(That last one was Gratuitous. Damn your lack of national pastimes)

---

10-07-01 11:18am (new)

andydougan
Film critic subordinaire

Member Rated:

Oh, they do.

10-07-01 1:43pm (new)

Stripcreator » Fights Go Here » Is it natural to be pissed off all the time?

reload page with comics

Jump to:

Post A Reply

stripcreator
Make a comic
Your comics
Create account
Forums
Help
comics
Random Comic
Comic Contests