Important notice about the future of Stripcreator (Updated: May 2nd, 2023)

stripcreator forums
Jump to:

Stripcreator » Fights Go Here » So I was listening to The Score670AM Chicago today

Author

boorite
crazy knife lady

Member Rated:

Actually, the Bears will probably be good this year.

---
What others say about boorite!

7-30-06 4:23pm (new)
quote : comics : pm : info

ivytheplant
Obsessive Comic Disorder

Member Rated:

They should be able to defeat the Tampa Bay Twinks, right?

7-30-06 4:30pm (new)

boorite
crazy knife lady

Member Rated:

7-30-06 7:55pm (new)

crabby
I have an awesome avatar.

Member Rated:

[IMG]http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h65/blachtree/bears.jpg[/IMG]

8-01-06 12:23am (new)

attitudechicka
is never bored.

Member Rated:

I'm only letting that slide because A) You have bragging rights and B) I really hate baseball, but I feel like it's my duty to defend St. Louis in this thread.

Our AM sports station is KTRS. It's pretty boring. But there's only one sport I actually like. And I don't follow player stats or rankings or stupid stuff like that. I only have the attention span for one game at a time.

---
Mediocrity at its most average.

8-01-06 10:30am (new)

UnknownEric
and the Goblet of Mountain Dew.

Member Rated:

For me, sports radio is tolerable during the summer (I like the Orioles), intolerable during the fall (I like football, but not the Ravens), and completely intolerable during the winter (when all they talk about is Shaq's free throw percentage and other useless shit, whilst never mentioning hockey a single time).

---
I has a flavor!

8-01-06 10:39am (new)

crabby

Member Rated:

I'm only letting that slide because A) You have bragging rights and B) I really hate baseball, but I feel like it's my duty to defend St. Louis in this thread.

I was talking about the Arizona Cardinals football team.

8-01-06 11:00am (new)

attitudechicka
is never bored.

Member Rated:

Arizona has a football team?

---

8-04-06 10:18am (new)

boorite
crazy knife lady

Member Rated:

Yeah, they have the St. Louis Cardinals.

---

8-04-06 3:12pm (new)

ivytheplant
Obsessive Comic Disorder

Member Rated:

When the hell did that happen?

8-04-06 3:32pm (new)

mandingo
weak stream

Member Rated:

It was a dark and stormy night...

---
what if nigger meant kite

8-05-06 5:20am (new)

crabby

Member Rated:

Only in theory.

8-05-06 8:08am (new)

umfumdisi
Forum comment:

Member Rated:

Here in Knoxville, we have local shows until noon. The hosts are pretty good, but they end up getting the same 10 or so callers on a regular basis, and that gets old.

Then Jim Rome shows up, and I tune out unless he has a really good interview lined up.

Makes me long for the days of Tony Bruno.

We do get Titans games on one local FM station. I'm still disappointed they didn't pick Tennessee Tuxedo for the mascot.

---
Chicken Feather Bed Bugs Bunny Hop Sing Out Side Street Walker Texas Ranger Cookie Dough Boy Wonder Years

8-15-06 7:15pm (new)

boorite
crazy knife lady

Member Rated:

quote:

Then Jim Rome shows up, and I tune out unless he has a really good interview lined up.

You never know when he's going to call some quarterback a lesbian and get the shit beat out of him.

---

8-15-06 7:19pm (new)

matclarke
herpes laden mug

Member Rated:

">never backs down

---
obscenity filter is off

8-16-06 8:08am (new)

attitudechicka
is never bored.

Member Rated:

St. Louis has a football team?

---

8-16-06 8:32am (new)

crabby

Member Rated:

They were quite popular a few years back. Won the SuperBowl one year and then lost in the Super Bowl the next. Kurt Warner was a major star appearing all over television as a hero. St. Louis sports were riding an amazing wave of success across everysport and the Rams were their crown jewel.

They suck now, so I guess they have a team more in theory than execution.

8-16-06 8:34am (new)

boorite
crazy knife lady

Member Rated:

Yeah, they got the LA Rams.

---

8-16-06 10:16am (new)

crabby

Member Rated:

I'm gonna break the whole season down for you game by game by game. I'm predicting scores and giving you a storyline to go with it. So be prepared to see the season of a lifetime unfold right before your eyes.

Sun., September 10 @ Packers 3:15 pm
BEARS-47 PACKERS-19
Bears run up the score as Grossman looks like a HOF. The defense Scores twice on an INT and a fumble.

Sun., September 17 vs. Lions Noon
BEARS-17 LIONS-14
Bears don't look nearly as good. People begin to question how bad of a team Green Bay is and also starts wondering if the bears are any good. The win gives them sole possesion of first place in the NFC North.

Sun., September 24 @ Vikings Noon
BEARS-41 VIKINGS-28
The Bears defense looks weak against a strong Minnesota air attack. People begin to question the secondary. Team is off to a 3-0 start, but there are many people asking how good they really are.

Sun., October 1 vs. Seahawks 7:15 pm
BEARS-24 SeaHAWKS-47
Bears look awful in prime time. Pessimists see the team falling apart after the beating they've gotten in front of the entire nation. News papers filled all week with articles saying Bears were nothing, but pretenders all along. At 3-1 with all wins coming over divisional foes the Bears still remain in first place, but there are concerns.

Sun., October 8 vs. Bills Noon
BEARS-20 BILLS-0
Bears defense dominates a terrible Bills team. Papers still unimpressed saying Bears are only beating bad teams.

Mon., October 16 @ Cardinals 7:30 pm
BEARS-37 CARDINALS-3
Bears dominate Cardinals proving (at least to themselves) that they can win in prime time. Skeptics chalk the win up more to the fact that the Cardinals suck; than the Bears being good. The team is 5-1 still in sole possesion of first place in the division.

Sun., October 29 vs. 49ers Noon
BEARS-35 49ers-10
Bears once again beat a terrible team in the 49ers. The defense once again steps up big contributing 2 touchdowns to the cause. Offense still nothing to truly right home about, but is getting it done.

Sun., November 5 vs. Dolphins Noon
BEARS-28 DOLPHINS-3
The Dolphins come into this game in first place and are simply out played by the Bears all game long. The Bears defense soars looking the best it has all year. As the offense cruises the defense is allowed to play looser and not have to worry about coming up with the big plays. Big win over the Dolphins has people beginning to wonder if maybe the Bears are good after all. Be careful, the band wagon is gonna start getting crowded.
Sun., November 12 @ Giants Noon*
BEARS-17 GIANTS-10
This game is moved to prime time on NBC and the Bears rise to the occasion finally. They win an ugly game in New York in even uglier weather. The rain storm turns it into a battle of defenses and running backs and the Bears grind it out to a win.

Sun., November 19 @ Jets Noon*
BEARS-19 JETS-12
Bears win their 2nd straight game in the Meadowlands and improve their record to 9-1. They are a lock to win the NFC North and the band wagon is ready to spill over with people hungry for blood next week in NEew England.
Sun., November 26 @ Patriots Noon*
BEARS-9 PATRIOTS-6
An ugly game which features Rex Grossman suffering a season ending hamstring injury. Griese was unavailable for the game as he had suffered a freak injury to his cornea during the week and was not medically cleared. Kyle Orton enters the game for the Bears as they play clock control for the rest of the day with the Patriots. The Patriots just aren't the same team without Brady at QB and the Bears are able to outlast them in a game which the Bears should have been able to win by a blowout. Bears insist injury to Griese won't matter, but an eye injury can't be good.

Sun., December 3 vs. Vikings Noon*
BEARS-17 VIKINGS-14
Bears win in OT as offense does just enough to win with Orton at QB. The defense is once again solid under the conditions and allows only two touchdowns after spending much of the game on the field without rest.

Mon., December 11 @ Rams 7:30 pm ESPN
BEARS-14 RAMS-31
Bears don't show up in prime time yet again. This time they lose to a Rams team which is doing better than alot of people would have assumed. Griese is expected to return next week.

Sun., December 17 vs. Bucs Noon*
BEARS-34 Bucs-13
Griese looks very comfortable at starter as the Bears are cruising into the playoffs. People begin to wonder if they should begin resting starters so they don't lose anyone else valuable.
Sun., December 24 @ Lions Noon
BEARS-42 LIONS-0
Bears don't rest their starters and blow out a laughably bad Detroit team. Bears fans can celebrate the Christmas season a day early knowing that their Bears are heading into the last game of the season with a 13-2 record.

Sun., December 31 vs. Packers Noon
BEARS-28 PACKERS-17
Bears play their starters for the first three quarters and then begin to sub out starters to huge fan ovations. Packers complain after game saying they didn't appreciate the Bears doing that to them. ###### the Packers. The Bears finish the season 14-2 and are feeling good heading into the playoffs.

DIVISIONAL PLAYOFFS
Vs. Giants
BEARS-28 GIANTS-10
Bears finally end 13 year drought by beating the Giants at home for a playoff victory. It is sweet to see them finally win a playoffs after the last two dissapointments in the playoffs. They will head to Seattle next week to battle for the Halas trophy.
[u]NFC TITLE GAME[/u]
@ Seahawks
BEARS- 17 SeaHAWKS-27
Bears just don't have enough as fantasy season comes to an end in Seattle. It's is a bittersweet loss that hurts and leaves alot of us drained.

Now, I know how much boorite loves the seahawks. So, I'm gonna say Seahawks over the Dolphins in the Super Bowl. I hope their 'fan' has fun with the season.

8-20-06 2:42am (new)

BigFrank105
Obsessive Comic Disorder

Member Rated:

Bill Swerski: Okay. Okay, by my watch, we're about thirteen minutes from game time. As you are sure aware, Da Bears are getting ready for the big play-off against Da New York Giants. Now, let go around the room for some predictions. Pat?

Pat Arnold: Da Bears, 62 to 3.

Bill Swerski: Okay. Todd.

Todd O'Conner: Bears. 79-zip.

Bill Swerski: Oh, really? You don't think that Da Giants will score?

Todd O'Conner: No, I do not! Da Bears defense is like a wall. You can't go through it!

Bill Swerski: Alright. How about you, Carl?

Carl Wollarski: I say Bears, 52 to 14.

Pat Arnold: Oh, what? Come on!

Carl Wollarski: I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I gotta give Da Giants credit - I think they'll give Da Bears a game!

Bill Swerski: Alright, leave him alone, that's his prerogative! As for my prediction.. at game's end, uh.. there won't be two teams of contrasting moods heading off da field, my friends. One gloom, one gleeful. The gleeful, of which be.. Da Bears!

All: DAAAAAAAAAA BEARRRRRRRRRRSSSSS

They're your type of guys, crabby.

8-20-06 6:55am (new)

crabby

Member Rated:

Packers 5-11 at best.

8-20-06 9:20am (new)

niteowl
Level 1 Forum Troll

Member Rated:

I can't believe you Bears fans are still on this Grossman bandwagon. The dude is worthless, even when he's not hurt. I cringe at the thought of him leading one TD drive...you guys will probably elect him mayor, regardless of how many INT he throws or fumbles he loses before that.

Also, you say the Bears will score more than 30 points in 6 different games.

Crabby, whatever it is you're smoking, send me some.

---
Think classy, you'll be classy.

8-20-06 9:57am (new)

crabby

Member Rated:

If this was Sonic the Hedgehog erotic fiction then no one would be pointing out the flaws in the logic.

8-20-06 10:07am (new)

crabby

Member Rated:

That wacky bit of late night fan fiction has really upset several Bears message boards.

8-20-06 12:36pm (new)

niteowl
Level 1 Forum Troll

Member Rated:

Well of course. Everyone knows Sonic is God.

---
Think classy, you'll be classy.

8-20-06 6:37pm (new)

Stripcreator » Fights Go Here » So I was listening to The Score670AM Chicago today

reload page with comics

Jump to:

Post A Reply

stripcreator
Make a comic
Your comics
Create account
Forums
Help
comics
Random Comic
Comic Contests