Important notice about the future of Stripcreator (Updated: May 2nd, 2023)

stripcreator forums
Jump to:

Stripcreator » General Discussion » Croc Hunter RIP thread

Author

Hari_Nezumi
Streeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetch

Member Rated:

Now, before I say this, let me get it out there. I feel deeply sorry for his family and close friends. I can't imagine what they're going through.

BUT...

I didn't, don't, and NEVER WILL like that guy. I think he was a scamartist and a fake who had the wool pulled over everyone's eyes and only did crazy shit for money and fame.

---
More lust than you can shake a stick at.

9-05-06 2:25pm (new)
quote : comics : pm : info

Hari_Nezumi

Member Rated:

But that's just me. And he shouldn't have died. Even though he was a scam, he DID do some alright things, and its not OK for anyone to die so tragically and horribly.

---

9-05-06 2:27pm (new)

Cre8tive13
Stripcreator Regular

Member Rated:

I think it would have been funny if he died in a silly way like tripping down a set of stairs and impaling himself on the point of a pair of faux alligator shoes or something like that.....
or maybe it's just me

9-05-06 2:34pm (new)

LuckyGuess
hm

Member Rated:

Yes, it's sad he died. Yes, he will be missed. But if anybody didn't believe that he'd be killed by some kind of animal at some point then they've been living under a rock.

---
the kid's getting old, the kid's getting old

9-05-06 3:18pm (new)

mandingo
weak stream

Member Rated:

that was the stupidest fuckin media event ever. it's like telling superman not to fly with his kid. it's not like letting some untrained schmo like you or me close to a croc. he's the fuckin crocodile hunter. it's what he does. since he was a kid. and his dad exposed him to crocodiles

must have been a slow news day

---
what if nigger meant kite

9-05-06 4:10pm (new)

Hari_Nezumi

Member Rated:

quote:
I think it would have been funny if he died in a silly way like tripping down a set of stairs and impaling himself on the point of a pair of faux alligator shoes or something like that.....
or maybe it's just me
I was actually hoping for him going into a lake with like, forty crocodiles in it and having a sudden heart attack.

---

9-05-06 4:54pm (new)

Inflatable_Man
Heart stopper. Hip hopper. Pill popper.

Member Rated:

Okay, a warning to most of you... skip over this if you're not in the mood for a sanctimonious rant... but I'm on a lot of ritalin and it's making me write a lot.

I liked him cuz he was a character. A seriously unique guy. There's so many boring celebrities out there, but Steve Irwin was an original. Yeah he was looney tunes, but that's why I liked him! His shows were a blast to watch and he was doing it to bring awareness to animal conservation. He spent millions buying up large swaths of land in Australia, Fiji, the US and other areas purely for preservation purposes. Saying he was a "scam-artist" is pretty stupid. What kinda scam-artist spends his whole life from the age of 9 learning how to approach and handle dangerous creatures that could kill him in an instant and do it with zeal and passion? Or start up foundations and give much of his fortune to wild-life charities?

Plus, it seems like the cool thing to do on the internet these days is just to shit-talk or make retarded YTMND-esque photoshops of whoever's the latest celebrity to bite it. (Fuck, forget celebrities... 9/11 victims aren't off-limits) Someone may have had no previous opinion on the guy and they'll just jump on the bandwagon hoping to come up with the next clever "pwnd! u dead nigga lol!!1" photo. Really mature. If I wasn't so addicted to the fucking internet, I would hate it so much. I mean it really brings out the worst in otherwise respectful people, and I'm not referring to anyone here specifically, but shit like the Yahoo boards, IMDB boards, YTMND that kinda stuff... because they realize there's no consequence to what they say or what they do. When you have nobody to answer to, all your inhibitions go out the window and you can be the most insensitive piece of shit you want. I agree with Ted Stevens. Goddamn series of tubes is corrupting America...

Alright this will be my last word on this, and it's not a reply to anyone in particular. I fully realize this comes off as preachy, sanctimonious and yes, hypocritical, cuz I too am guilty of doing off-color shit that outside the realm of the internet would be seen as tasteless. I've said shit here, including in this thread about crabby's kid that I would NEVER in a million years say to anyone in public. It's like there's two extremes out there... one is the pussy-factor on TV, especially the news, where people are afraid to call anyone out due to rampant political correctness, corporate bias or just the fucking FCC... and the other extreme is the asshole-factor on the internet where I'll run across pricks photoshopping dead people on the very day they died. There's gotta be some common ground. Unfortunately I think the comforting anonymity of that monitor you're staring at right now means you'll never find it.

---
Destroying my reputation one post at a time.

9-05-06 5:39pm (new)

boorite
crazy knife lady

Member Rated:

I wonder if anyone ever died getting bonked on the head by a wad of frozen poo flushed from a jet liner.

---
What others say about boorite!

9-05-06 10:56pm (new)

little_kitty
I bop, you bop, a-they bop.

Member Rated:

I sincerely hope so.

---
Okay, Lindsay, are you forgetting that I was a professional twice over - an analyst and a therapist. The world's first analrapist.

9-05-06 11:15pm (new)

ivytheplant
Obsessive Comic Disorder

Member Rated:

George in Dead Like Me got killed by a falling toilet seat from the space station. That's the closest I know of.

9-05-06 11:26pm (new)

Cre8tive13
Stripcreator Regular

Member Rated:

I heard somewhere Paul Hogan, (Crocodile Dundee) was quoted as saying "Jiminy...I'm the famous Aussie again! Foster's Lager on me!"

9-06-06 7:09am (new)

crabby
I have an awesome avatar.

Member Rated:

I wonder if anyone has ever died having a heart attack while playing Pac Man.

9-06-06 9:26am (new)

mandingo
weak stream

Member Rated:

Yeah well his "training" did him no good against a stingray attack, did it?

long answer: his was the third reported death by stingray in australian HISTORY. how do you train for a freak accident? short answer: you're an idiot.

that was the problem. a bunch of monday morning quarterbacks who don't know anything about crocodiles compared to steve irwin were saying 'he shouldn't do that' when the truth was THEY shouldn't do that. they pretend to be in the same league with him, when in reality they'd shit themselves if they ever came in close contact with a croc or venomous snake. bunch of posers

i wonder if it's on you tube yet

---

9-06-06 2:00pm (new)

AngryAmerican
Here at least 3 times a year

Member Rated:

Crikey.

---
Kill Whitey.

9-06-06 2:14pm (new)

HCRoyall
100mg Thorazine, Please

Member Rated:

YOU CALL THAT A KNIFE?

---
It was such a waste of everyone’s time and money that even the Tokyo stadium’s rape robots apologized– something they were programmed specifically never to do.

9-06-06 2:17pm (new)

AngryAmerican
Here at least 3 times a year

Member Rated:

i'm gonna miss the crazy aussie bastard....

My tribute to the Croc Hunter by AngryAmerican
9-06-06
Oy! I'm disguised as a typical male frat bar goer in order to infiltrate the lair of the elusive Southern Austrailian Downtrodden Barwhore. Gotta be careful, they can appeah outta nowhere...
Oy! There's one now! Oh she's beautiful! Notice the harsh, unnatural chemical hue of her luxurious pelt! And her 'confederate flag' markings! Crikey! What a gorgeous speciman!
Uh-oh, sh'e noticed me...i'm gonna stand still and look broke and desperate. I'm hoping she won't charge me. And adult female SADB can reach speeds of 10 MPH or more when provoked.
Hey baby! buy me a drink. I'll blow ya.

---
Kill Whitey.

9-06-06 4:38pm (new)

crabby
I have an awesome avatar.

Member Rated:

That was easily the 2nd funniest thing in this thread.

9-06-06 4:52pm (new)

choadwarrior
Crash Magnet

Member Rated:

I wonder if you would all laugh if Yahoo Serious died splitting the beer molecule.

9-06-06 6:49pm (new)

Rabid_Weasle
Professional style cramper

Member Rated:

Yeah well his "training" did him no good against a stingray attack, did it?

His expertise is reptiles and snakes, not marine life. People had said before he died that if he were to be killed by an animal, it would most likely be in the ocean.

---
Poop.

9-06-06 6:49pm (new)

ivytheplant
Obsessive Comic Disorder

Member Rated:

Don't even joke about that!

9-06-06 10:30pm (new)

boorite
crazy knife lady

Member Rated:

I laughed at the mere phrase, "Yahoo Serious died."

---
What others say about boorite!

9-07-06 11:26am (new)

DragonXero
I'm Here, You're Queer, Get Used to it

Member Rated:

The irony is not that he was killed by an animal. It's that he was *not* killed by one of the crazy dangerous animals that he messed with on a daily basis.
Granted, there would be a much higher disassocation, and thus stronger irony, if he'd died of alcohol poisoning or something along those lines, but I think the point is driven home a lot more powerfully in this way.
Note again that irony isn't always (or even usually) funny. It's just weird.

---
Do you want ants? Because that's how you get ants.

9-07-06 10:04pm (new)

Inflatable_Man
Heart stopper. Hip hopper. Pill popper.

Member Rated:

I always thought it was stupid after 9/11 when people said irony was dead. How can irony be dead? If anything there's more irony than ever these days.

---
Destroying my reputation one post at a time.

9-07-06 11:24pm (new)

mandingo
weak stream

Member Rated:

or if he'd have died in a petting zoo from a lamb barb

---

9-07-06 11:41pm (new)

ivytheplant
Obsessive Comic Disorder

Member Rated:

Yeah, that was incredibly lame. I still can't figure out why they singled irony out. Why not mirth, sarcasm, or laissez-faire? And why would irony be dead anyway? Why would a terrorist attack mean that irony is dead?

Maybe there was someone named Irony on one of the planes.

9-08-06 12:22am (new)

Stripcreator » General Discussion » Croc Hunter RIP thread

reload page with comics

Jump to:

Post A Reply

stripcreator
Make a comic
Your comics
Create account
Forums
Help