Important notice about the future of Stripcreator (Updated: May 2nd, 2023)

stripcreator forums
Jump to:

Stripcreator » Fights Go Here » Advice for Posting in This Forum

Author

kane2742
Member - Tobor Fan Club

Member Rated:

I know I'm fairly new here, but after learning from some experiences of my own as well as seeing the reactions to another noob's posts in this forums, I came up with a little advice.

Before starting a new thread in the "Fights Go Here" forum, you might want to consider the following:

1. Will my post be more likely to earn me scorn and ridicule than to really accomplish anything?

2. Am I so new to the site or forums that this post will be the first time that many people encounter me, thus causing them to form their entire opinion of me based on this one post?

3. Am I mad about something silly that I probably won't care about in a few days?

4. Do I just have a problem with a particular member/strip that could better be resolved by a PM to that person rather than a public argument/rant?

5. Do I care about my member rating?

If you answered "Yes" to any of the above, you should probably reconsider starting a new thread here. From what I've seen, a rant by a new member typically results in nothing good for that person except perhaps a learning experience. Learn from this instead. Your fellow Stripcreator members (and your rating) will thank you.

---
"Laughter is the language of the soul." - Pablo Neruda, as quoted by Lisa Simpson

11-26-07 11:51am (new)
quote : comics : pm : info

finn34
King of Deadlines

Member Rated:

kane2742

Well there you went and ruined all of our fun.

Seriously, though, this is good advice, newbs.

That's why the bbcode is set up for you to preview every post before you save it. Gives you a chance to actually think about your words.

Fake arguing is what Fights Go Here is all about, though....

---
Our liability coverage is zero. Our balls however are enormous.

11-26-07 11:58am (new)

kane2742
Member - Tobor Fan Club

Member Rated:

finn34

Yeah, but I think it's probably still a good idea to let people get to know you in other forums first before diving into the fights, fake or not.

---
"Laughter is the language of the soul." - Pablo Neruda, as quoted by Lisa Simpson

11-26-07 1:38pm (new)

FinnNYC
germs

Member Rated:

And since you posted this warm and fuzzy fatherly advise in FGH...

Fuck you and the My Little Pony you rode in on! Since you've come to SC you've positioned yourself as the "I'm posting on the internets!" template to learn from. The internet no longer needs this. If you're to fucking dumb to understand how to communicate with other posters and it causes you some discomfort then that's your lot in life. Get used to it because you suck and there's a hell of a lot more of it coming.

Ah... that felt like a FGH post. Have at me. 

---
-=- You eat one lousy foot and they call you a cannibal. What a world. -=-

11-26-07 3:27pm (new)

HCRoyall
100mg Thorazine, Please

Member Rated:

To be true to SC tradition, I must add this comment:

Also, wangs.

---
It was such a waste of everyone’s time and money that even the Tokyo stadium’s rape robots apologized– something they were programmed specifically never to do.

11-26-07 3:34pm (new)

kane2742
Member - Tobor Fan Club

Member Rated:

FinnNYC

Hey! Leave My Little Pony out of this! What'd she ever do to you? Anyway, I was just trying to help my fellow noobs avoid making asses of themselves, and as far as I can remember, this is the only time I've done that. (Well, this and one post yesterday that was my reason for posting this.)

---

11-26-07 3:47pm (new)

BigFrank105
Obsessive Comic Disorder

Member Rated:

These days, when an idiot noob comes in and truly does make an ass out of himself, it breathes a little bit more life and activity into this site. Being a website with open and free registration, we see stuff like that happening all the time ranging from pesky noobs to flat out trolls (and we all remember sebra). The reason that none of the regular users here get bent out of shape over such people is because all of us realize "Hey! Wait a minute! This isn't some fantasy land where everyone abides by the rules... This is the motherfucking internet!" The internet where all of us can either choose to be civil or unleash our inner asshole. And for people who choose to do the latter on this site, Brad, choadwarrior, and the other mods have done a pretty good job keeping them under control. Point is, this forum doesn't need a detailed a list of 'guidelines' that look like they should belong in a Kindergarten to let newbies know "Hey! Play nice!" Just figure it out. If people want to posts like idiots, they can. Especially in a forum that's built for stupid rants and fights.

Or maybe I'm just cranky right now. whatever.

11-26-07 5:33pm (new)

kane2742
Member - Tobor Fan Club

Member Rated:

I see what you're saying, BigFrank. I just did this because I saw a newb recently post something that I saw as well-intentioned, but it earned him/her a lot of ridicule and several "bad" votes. I know some people take that kind of thing seriously when they're just starting out (I did at first), and it's hard for your rating to recover from that even if your comics are good. I was just trying to warn others so that they could learn from our mistakes instead of having to make their own.

---

11-26-07 6:31pm (new)

lildeucecoup
Member - Tobor Fan Club

Member Rated:

kane2742

Mistakes like posting a thread with advice for posting on a forum you've been registered at for 2 months? That's a pretty good way to annoy people. I hope all the new newbs learn from this newb. He's onto something.

---
You don't know what I got... .

11-26-07 6:39pm (new)

kane2742
Member - Tobor Fan Club

Member Rated:

Act like a jerk, people don't like it. Try to be nice, people don't like it. I guess I should stick to making comics rather than trying to figure out what is and isn't acceptable behavior in the forums. Too bad no one made me a list... :)

---

11-26-07 6:59pm (new)

HCRoyall
100mg Thorazine, Please

Member Rated:

Don't pay attention to crabby, no matter what alt he happens to be using at the moment. It wasn't a dumb idea, just totally unnecessary. We're pretty good at policing ourselves.

---
It was such a waste of everyone’s time and money that even the Tokyo stadium’s rape robots apologized– something they were programmed specifically never to do.

11-26-07 7:02pm (new)

lildeucecoup
Member - Tobor Fan Club

Member Rated:

HCRoyall

Yeah, totally unnecessary. That was the point of my post in a nut shell.

---

11-26-07 7:05pm (new)

JESUSSANDWICH
is a wonderful person

Member Rated:

post tits or GTFO

---
possible savior probable SEX MACHINE

11-26-07 7:21pm (new)

BigFrank105
Obsessive Comic Disorder

Member Rated:

JESUSSANDWICH

This isn't 4chan, newfag.

11-26-07 8:39pm (new)

JESUSSANDWICH
is a wonderful person

Member Rated:

BigFrank105

This isn't 4chan, newfag.

Law applies to all of the interbuttz

---
possible savior probable SEX MACHINE

11-26-07 10:05pm (new)

biped
Mr. Wonderful

Member Rated:

JESUSSANDWICH

---
Legend, oh legend, the third wheel legend...always in the way.

11-26-07 10:08pm (new)

HotRodDeathToll
Satanoscillatemymetallicsonatas

Member Rated:

You make the children cry, Biped.

Anyway, 'Fights Go Here' are for fights, rants, idiocy etc. If a newb wants to make a fool out of him/herself, let them. If anything it makes the forums way more interesting, well at least for me. Let the newbs learn for themselves from mass humiliation and bad ratings. Also, most posts on this forum don't actually intend to accomplish anything.

---
The dictator of love and his weapon of mass destruction

11-26-07 11:43pm (new)

dcomposed
C3H5N3O9

Member Rated:

kane2742

are you ever going to shut the fuck up re: your first post?

---
Batman created by Bob Kane

11-27-07 5:13am (new)

kane2742
Member - Tobor Fan Club

Member Rated:

You guys are right. None of us should ever try to help new members or make them feel welcome on the site. Any time someone dares to do something like suggest that racism's a bad thing (the post that prompted me to give the above advice), we should try to humiliate them for our own amusement. In fact, we should encourage, not discourage, such behavior. And advice to newbs is only acceptable if you've been here for years, not if you actually remember what it's like to be a newb. Glad I've learned my lesson.

---

11-27-07 7:35am (new)

FinnNYC
germs

Member Rated:

It's interesting to watch you grow here kane. It's like one of those time lapse nature films of a plant growing. most SC users take months and months to go through the noob/pariah/regular/veteran development process. You're fast-tracking it. Bravo.

---
-=- You eat one lousy foot and they call you a cannibal. What a world. -=-

11-27-07 8:43am (new)

HCRoyall
100mg Thorazine, Please

Member Rated:

You notice that the only people really going hard on him are the trolls, anyhow. The rest of us range from uninterested to amused.

---

11-27-07 8:57am (new)

RedfeatheR
Part of it all, just like you.

Member Rated:

Anyoneone who thinks in terms of n00bs is a jackdick cocksmoker. You are all fags and need to get a real horse to fuck in the mouth. Also you smell.

-- red

11-27-07 9:17am (new)

BigFrank105
Obsessive Comic Disorder

Member Rated:

Hey! I don't smell!!!

11-27-07 9:22am (new)

dcomposed
C3H5N3O9

Member Rated:

RedfeatheR

You would say that, n00b.

---
Batman created by Bob Kane

11-27-07 6:10pm (new)

lildeucecoup
Member - Tobor Fan Club

Member Rated:

HCRoyall

I'd like to know who went hard at him at all? People who joined this site after 04 really have a different way of looking at things. Very sensitive.

---

11-27-07 6:27pm (new)

Stripcreator » Fights Go Here » Advice for Posting in This Forum

reload page with comics

Jump to:

Post A Reply

stripcreator
Make a comic
Your comics
Create account