Important notice about the future of Stripcreator (Updated: May 2nd, 2023)

stripcreator forums
Jump to:

Stripcreator » Fights Go Here » Important Thread About Social Evolution

Author

BigFrank105
Obsessive Comic Disorder

Member Rated:

3-06-08 7:16am (new)
quote : comics : pm : info

HCRoyall
100mg Thorazine, Please

Member Rated:

My faggottree wasn't doing very well where it was, so I niggered it up and wopped it into a new spick and now it's doing great. See?

---
It was such a waste of everyone’s time and money that even the Tokyo stadium’s rape robots apologized– something they were programmed specifically never to do.

3-06-08 1:04pm (new)

RedfeatheR
Part of it all, just like you.

Member Rated:

This is me as a faggot I guess. It didn't take much.

3-06-08 1:58pm (new)

ZMannZilla
Ex-Zombie Hunting Dad Creature

Member Rated:

HCRoyall

This leads me to something I was thinking about as I was driving home from work and the radio stopped working, I was going to bring it up anyways but Royall's post kind of leads right into it...

What's the obsession with the n-bomb?

1) There's something to the tune of 200+ other durogatory words for black people, that never get used. Now, I'm personally not the kind of person who tosses around racial slurs for a laugh, but if I was, I'd bone up on some of them, just to add some variety to my speech.

2) There's also a metric shitload of other races, each with their own special slur-speech. What did they do to deserve a free ride?

I also re-read Mandingo's list of new uses for old slur words, this time using the "he's not trying to be taken seriously whatsoever" filter, and, lo and behold... Meh, it's worth a chuckle, his comics are funnier though. But one thing stuck out for me - "Faggoting out the last of the peanut butter". This one actually makes sense, moreso if you use the word's pre-slur origin - "a bundle of sticks". So now, I have it in my head that "faggoting" is when you use 3 or more fingers to extract the last of something from a jar. And, given that I have eating habits gleaned from the pages of Garfield and Winnie The Pooh, this is a term I'd actually be likely to use.

Well, not out loud, of course.

---
"He was cursed with a horrorshow of a face, like Guiseppe Archbold doing a study of mollusk tumors."

3-06-08 7:30pm (new)

biped
Mr. Wonderful

Member Rated:

I'm glad there's a word for it now, because I used to ask people, "Hey, you know that last bit of peanut butter in the jar?" and they'd say "Yeah", and I'd say "You know what I just did?" and they'd say "What?", and I'd just point to the empty jar and say "Aaah...aaah" like Tor Johnson or Oddjob, and then I'd drop my pants and a duck would fly out.

---
Legend, oh legend, the third wheel legend...always in the way.

3-06-08 9:53pm (new)

Zaster
Wait for it...

Member Rated:

Harpo? Is that you?

---
I was gonna send a robot back in time, but I got high.

3-07-08 7:32am (new)

crackpanther
Recreational User

Member Rated:

If this were Beat The Picture I would totally make the page look thusly:

3-08-08 2:17am (new)

UnknownEric
and the Goblet of Mountain Dew.

Member Rated:

ZMannZilla

Ah, you clearly didn't grow up in South Buffalo...

---
I has a flavor!

3-08-08 7:57am (new)

HCRoyall
100mg Thorazine, Please

Member Rated:

UnknownEric

Or anywhere else that can be described with the word "South". Terms like Porchmonkey, Tar Baby, Niglet, Darkie... I could go on, but I really have better things to do than wrack my brain trying to remember all the racial slurs I've heard.

---
It was such a waste of everyone’s time and money that even the Tokyo stadium’s rape robots apologized– something they were programmed specifically never to do.

3-08-08 8:07am (new)

BigFrank105
Obsessive Comic Disorder

Member Rated:

Bix nood, anyone?

3-08-08 9:04am (new)

biped
Mr. Wonderful

Member Rated:

HCRoyall

What are these things?  I would like to try some of them.

---
Legend, oh legend, the third wheel legend...always in the way.

3-08-08 9:15am (new)

HCRoyall
100mg Thorazine, Please

Member Rated:

biped

What are these things? I would like to try some of them.

Watching old episodes of Voltron on DVD, assembling/painting miniatures for my Hordes army, and picking lint out of my belly button.

---

3-08-08 10:41am (new)

ZMannZilla

Member Rated:

UnknownEric

No, actually, I grew up on the West Side of Buffalo, which has done wonders for my knowledge of Hispanic slurs...

---
"He was cursed with a horrorshow of a face, like Guiseppe Archbold doing a study of mollusk tumors."

3-08-08 1:45pm (new)

UnknownEric
and the Goblet of Mountain Dew.

Member Rated:

ZMannZilla

Ah, my wife's a West Sider.

---
I has a flavor!

3-10-08 8:08am (new)

dcomposed
C3H5N3O9

Member Rated:

bunch of faggots itt

---
Batman created by Bob Kane

3-17-08 10:28pm (new)

BirthdayThread
Pink Donkey Wrangler

Member Rated:

I'm not entirely sure what's going on here because the replies are very long. I certainly have the time to read it now, just not the willpower. Here's my initial assessment:

ZMannZilla (I hope I spelled your name right from memory) seems to be making an issue out of the use of the words "faggot" and "nigger" and their use in society. So, the problem, if I am understanding it correctly, is that he wants everyone in the world (or at least everyone who can read this thread) to stop using the words "faggot" and "nigger" because they are offensive, correct?

Unfortunately, you can't change everyone. There have been many before you, Z, and there will be many after you. You can argue with the individuals who offend you, but it's not likely going to do you much good. My preferred route is simply to ignore those people who offend me. If it is like a friend or someone who genuinely cares for me in some way (truthfully or imagined in my own head), I won't hesitate to at least ask them to not do those things in front of me, and, out of respect for me, they generally choose not to say/do the things that offend me when I am around.

I believe you called someone selfish because those words didn't offend them, so they saw no real point. But aren't you being selfish yourself by requesting that everyone else conform to what you believe is right?

I respect the wishes of those around me. If someone tells me that they really hate it when people drink coffee, I will not drink coffee around them. But when they are not present, there is nothing wrong with me drinking coffee, is there? I no longer have to respect them when I am in my own home and not attempting to be social with them. The same with the words people choose to use. If you ask them to be respectful of you and not use them to or around you, that's one thing. But to request that they never do again is another thing. Furthermore, to request that the entire website conform to your standards is unacceptable, at least the way I see it. Here is a website that allows people to express themselves (through the forum of comics). And you're telling people to restrict themselves in their expressions. I bet Piccaso's art would have been REALLY great if someone were looking over his shoulder telling him the right and wrong ways to put paint to canvas.

On this website, it's pretty generally accepted that the users have freedom of speech. Being that you did not make this website, nor do you own it, you do not have the right to take anyone's freedom of speech away. If I have all my facts straight, this is how I feel and I don't think you have the right at all to censor anyone here. If someone says something directly to you that offends you, go ahead and hunt them down, but if they're not directly involving you, please ignore them or expect the same demands of censorship from them.

---
Happy Birthday!

3-18-08 6:17am (new)

BirthdayThread
Pink Donkey Wrangler

Member Rated:

I'm very sorry, let me make a correction. ZMannZilla did not begin this thread, faggot did. Change all references to ZMannZilla to references to faggot.

Except where I mentioned the part about "selfishness", please change that to tentative agreement with Z.

---
Happy Birthday!

3-18-08 6:19am (new)

attitudechicka
is never bored.

Member Rated:

And pretend that I was logged in under my normal username also.

---
Mediocrity at its most average.

3-18-08 6:21am (new)

KajunFirefly
chooby digital (in stereo)

Member Rated:

I used to smoke around 30 fags a day.

---
Dad was flammable

3-18-08 1:38pm (new)

AngryAmerican
Here at least 3 times a year

Member Rated:

this thread is niggeriffic!

and chock full of faggoty goodness!

---
Kill Whitey.

3-18-08 1:39pm (new)

mandingo
weak stream

Member Rated:

attitudechickaif you don't mind, i'd like to keep thinking of BirthdayThread as really taking a stand on this

---
what if nigger meant kite

3-18-08 3:07pm (new)

finn34
King of Deadlines

Member Rated:

to throw my 2c into this overtly semantic argument, you can't use a word in a disparaging manner without it offending someone.

to wit, if i were to call myself a Mick or a cracker, there are those who would take offense. (I would be one of them, but i digress).

it is NOT the intention of the word but the word itself that is in question here.

there's an old phrase, "you can't shake the devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

in this case, what it means is this :

use of the words nigger, kike, dyke, fag, faggot, dicksniffer, et al, constitutes a direct desire to surprise or offend. YOU KNOW THIS, hence your username.

don't shit in my mouth and call it a sundae.

you use these words BECAUSE they offend and they get your little ass some Interweb attention. you're not enlightened, you're just a troll. "OH LOOK AT ME, I AM SOOOOO COUNTER-CULTURE!!1"

cursing is fun, cursing is part of the joy of language, but deliberate use of offensive words to shock people is just plain stupid.

---
Our liability coverage is zero. Our balls however are enormous.

3-18-08 3:23pm (new)

The_young_scot
Makes out like a Lesbian

Member Rated:

Twat-Waffle!

---
The following statement its true. The previous statement is false

3-18-08 3:28pm (new)

ZMannZilla

Member Rated:

BirthdayChika: 

I realize you retroactively steered your comments away from me, however most of them were directed at things that I said, not faggot, and so I feel a certain obligation to address them.

Finn34 summed up my actual point quite well: "don't shit in my mouth and call it a sundae". I've never told people what they could and couldn't say. And they can't tell me what I should be thinking when they say it.

I also never told anyone "stop saying those words", and had you read my posts, I actually said quite the opposite, namely, "I'm not saying you should stop saying those words."

My reference to faggot's "selfishness" was in his stated philosophy, that he should be allowed to use standard-issue hate speech in a casual way without offending anyone, because "he didn't mean it that way".  The philosophy itself relies far too heavily on other people conforming to his own interpretations, hence, "selfish".

And +3 Kudos for spelling my name right from memory - you have NO idea how often people don't, usually when I need them to the most. 

---

3-18-08 6:55pm (new)

not_Scyess
not laughing with you

Member Rated:

finn34

Is that an old phrase?  Because I thought it was a They Might Be Giants lyric.

---
peddling the funny around since 09/24/2002

3-18-08 9:31pm (new)

Stripcreator » Fights Go Here » Important Thread About Social Evolution

reload page with comics

Jump to:

Post A Reply

stripcreator
Make a comic
Your comics
Create account