Important notice about the future of Stripcreator (Updated: May 2nd, 2023)

stripcreator forums
Jump to:

Stripcreator » General Discussion » Pixton

Author

areallystupidguy
Poison Gas Pokemon

Member Rated:

http://pixton.com

These guys are talking trash about us.

---
It's grime time.

7-22-09 1:08am (new)
quote : comics : pm : info

BigFrank105
Obsessive Comic Disorder

Member Rated:

They need to experience a world of hurt not since the whole Witty Comics fiasco.

7-22-09 6:34am (new)

biped
Mr. Wonderful

Member Rated:

How come we don't have one of those "Stripcreator For Schools" type of deals? 

---
Legend, oh legend, the third wheel legend...always in the way.

7-22-09 9:00am (new)

boloboffin
putting the whee in ennui

Member Rated:

I can't make the strips work. They suck.

---
You can take the heart out of the hooker but you can't take the hooker out of the heart. -- Frankenhooker

7-22-09 11:16am (new)

FactoryRejects
Esoterrorist

Member Rated:

I can assure everyone here that I have visited this site and was far too lazy to sign up for anything

---
Battlefield Mirth

7-22-09 11:57am (new)

RCCOLAMAN
Saving the world from thirst since 1905!

Member Rated:

It doesn't have nail in the head guy and so it will never attain a level of awesomeness as stripcreator.

7-22-09 2:36pm (new)

AngryAmerican
Here at least 3 times a year

Member Rated:

That site looked like it was chock full of suck.

It was like the Myspace of comic making sites as compared to SC, which is liked the Bangedup of comic making sites.

---
Kill Whitey.

7-22-09 4:10pm (new)

AngryAmerican

Member Rated:

areallystupidguy

I didn't get that far. What're they saying?

I have to know.

---
Kill Whitey.

7-22-09 4:10pm (new)

Injokester
Definitely drunk

Member Rated:

Thursday 23rd of July at 9:26 am.

Injokester: Woohoo! New comic maker site to play with!

Thursday 23rd of July at 9:29 am.

Injokester: Fail. Utterly fucking fail.

Seriously though, the artwork is awful and the interface so damn painful. Looks like the whole thing's designed to appeal to school teachers.

Heh, I even saw this during sign-up: "Note: it is illegal to lie about your age". Illegal? Really? Well fuck me with a rake. Better arrest every internet user and/or female in the entire fucking world. Against the T&C's? Sure. Illegal? Exaggerate much.

And then I saw the terms and conditions. Just out of curiosity I did a word count. 5033 words, or roughly 12 pages. I used to hang at a great little forum once where the T&C's read as follows:

"The admins are in charge, don't fuck with us."

God-damn I miss those days. But fuck it, I wanted to check this thing out so I agreed to their 12 pages of legal jargon and lied about my age just on principle. Come on, arrest me.

Once in the first thing I did was check out the user community. Lame. As so many other sites have proven, the more flexibility you give the general public in the creation process, the more likely they'll fuck it up. If you want to know just what sort of bottom dwellers gravitate to a site like that just go read a few of the featured comics. If the comic wasn't funny (and it won't be), read the comments below. I guarantee you there will be a bunch of people saying "HAHAHAHAH!!!!" or similar, whether there was actually a joke in the comic or not. Think I'm exaggerating? Keep reading until you find one without any text at all. Yay, look at the pretty colours!

The lowpoint of my experience on Pixton so far was reading a comic that told the old old old joke: "If a blonde and a brunette jumped off a cliff, who would hit the ground first? The brunette, because the blonde would have to stop and ask for directions." Okay, so someone took a lame old joke, set it to pictures and put it up on the internet. Whoopy fucking do, happens all the time. What really bothers me though it that the fucktard who did it got 30 comments from 30 other fucktards along the lines of "HAHAHAHAH!!!!", along with 150+ reader votes that averaged out to 4.5 out of 5 stars.

Actually I suppose I could give props to anyone that stayed interested enough to make it the whole way through the comic maker interface. But I won't, because that means you spent the whole time looking at badly drawn flash art and persevered anyway.

To be fair though I'm going to take the time to point out the things I did like about Pixton.

1) The name. Pixton. That's a whole 6 keystrokes less I need to use to get to their site than stripcreator.

2) The wide range of art and the ability to mix and match different sized art, have heaps more panels, etc...

For someone that's actually funny and knows how to write this opens up a lot of potential for comedic use. There's just one problem here though: So do socks with buttons sewn on them if you can do a silly voice. The end result is that this site will be filled almost utterly with scrubs wanting to write a comic but not knowing how, and unlike stripcreator or witty comics the pain isn't over in 3 panels, it keeps going and going and going. A good writer can work with just about anything, art is secondary. Don't believe me? Check this out: http://www.qwantz.com/index.php. Ryan North for the win.

So to wrap it up: I hate their site layout, I hate the site navigation, I hate their artwork, I hate the majority of their community. Congratulations Pixton, you've built yourself a novelty. Next time take into consideration that the reason sites like stripcreator work is because intelligent and clever cartoonists are either too lazy to use a convoluted interface like yours or will go ahead and draw their own work.

Fuck you Pixton, you fail.

---
Dinosaurs had eggs bro, the chicken came way later.

7-22-09 6:45pm (new)

AngryAmerican

Member Rated:

Nicely said. Sounds like the only worthwhile element of Pixton is the ability to form more of a real comic page with different size panels and so forth. That would be a feature I'd love to see here.

I was done after the sample comics and all the education related crap at the bottom of the page. 

I have a feeling the moderators there wear jackboots and drool at the prospect of banning users who saw naughty or controversial things.

---
Kill Whitey.

7-22-09 7:41pm (new)

JESUSSANDWICH
is a wonderful person

Member Rated:

they banned me for a rape "joke"

---
possible savior probable SEX MACHINE

7-22-09 9:24pm (new)

biped
Mr. Wonderful

Member Rated:

The whole thing seems a bit pretentious and self-congratulatory. 

I love those qualities in myself, but find them somewhat distasteful in others.

---
Legend, oh legend, the third wheel legend...always in the way.

7-22-09 9:29pm (new)

boloboffin

Member Rated:

Well, I guess I better not try to export the Ray-Ray series over there...

I'd finish it here but I'm out of ways to tell it with only two characters in the same panel. And still I search on.

---
You can take the heart out of the hooker but you can't take the hooker out of the heart. -- Frankenhooker

7-23-09 12:41am (new)

areallystupidguy
Poison Gas Pokemon

Member Rated:

JESUSSANDWICH

And me for a Jonathan Taylor Thomas rapes and murders a 10 year old girl joke. :(

---
It's grime time.

7-23-09 1:54am (new)

TheGovernor
Talentless Hack

Member Rated:

Something strikes me as off, in a "We're trying to look corporate to be flogged to google" kind of way. Only thing missing is a 'beta' sign and they would have the complete 2.0 down. 

I was amused with some of the "Awards" they list on their about page, including the interactivemedia awards, which from the looks of it is, you pay that site $75 and they give you an 'award'. or the we sent our url to a website and they linked to us sort of way. Praise indeed.

Looking at content I think I got as far as injokester, had a snoop around their 'funny' section, which to be honest is really about as far as you need to travel to get a measure of place.

I didn't so much mind the artwork, had quite a nice look, certainly seen worse on the interwebs, but it was nothing to write home about.

Perhaps Im just being cynical, after all Im guessing the average age on that site is fairly low since they're punting it at schools and banning any off-taste jokes, but frankly thats possibly the worst  indictment of the website.  Freedom of expression and user generated content should walk hand in hand, raping babies as they go.

Fuck them on that point alone.

7-23-09 7:36am (new)

boloboffin

Member Rated:

Well, that's why you put up an "adults only" section to your fine comic-making website. I mean, for FSM's sake, if you're being a numbnuts about asking people's age, then why wouldn't you allow off-color humor? If all you want on your fine comic-making website is chicken-crossing-the-road jokes, who cares how old anyone is?

---

7-23-09 10:48am (new)

LuckyGuess
hm

Member Rated:

Comics of the day: Two Harry Potter comics and a 4chan joke. HELLA COOL.

I got banned for making a comic about turbofisting.

---
the kid's getting old, the kid's getting old

7-23-09 1:35pm (new)

Injokester
Definitely drunk

Member Rated:

TheGovernor

That right there is going to be my new sig :)

---
Dinosaurs had eggs bro, the chicken came way later.

7-23-09 8:05pm (new)

NooniePuuBunny
Horny Female Tentacled Kaiju from Outer Space

Member Rated:

LuckyGuess

Thats a darn shame.  The world needs more comics about turbofisting.

---
I will rate you hard, and unendingly.

7-24-09 7:52am (new)

crabby
I have an awesome avatar.

Member Rated:

I think I'm gonna take a vacation at Pixton for about 6 months.

7-24-09 5:53pm (new)

LittleRocker
The Return

Member Rated:

OMG! THE GREAT CRABBY HAS RETURNED!

7-25-09 3:06am (new)

AngryAmerican

Member Rated:

Don't startle him. He's shy.

---
Kill Whitey.

7-25-09 3:30am (new)

attitudechicka
is never bored.

Member Rated:

I failed to see the trash talking. I did, however, see something about "bitstrips", which makes me think of bacon. So I'm off to have some bacon now.

I say live and let live until you can point me in the direction of the trash talking.

---
Mediocrity at its most average.

7-25-09 7:39am (new)

RCCOLAMAN
Saving the world from thirst since 1905!

Member Rated:

I also did not see any talking trash or a forum. Link prease.

7-25-09 1:48pm (new)

areallystupidguy
Poison Gas Pokemon

Member Rated:

Trust me guys, you don't want to know what they said about you.

---
It's grime time.

7-25-09 9:38pm (new)

Stripcreator » General Discussion » Pixton

reload page with comics

Jump to:

Post A Reply

stripcreator
Make a comic
Your comics
Create account