Important notice about the future of Stripcreator (Updated: May 2nd, 2023)

stripcreator forums
Jump to:

Stripcreator » Comic Competitions » COMIC CUP XIV: ROUND ONE!!! A tribute to crabby

Author

crabby
I have an awesome avatar.

Member Rated:

I've got it 5-4 for Lima right now, were missing votes from Jesly, Chicka, lukket, lucky and beeko.

Great work both of you!

5-26-10 5:05am (new)
quote : comics : pm : info

ZMannZilla
Ex-Zombie Hunting Dad Creature

Member Rated:

crabby wrote:

I've got it 5-4 for Lima right now, were missing votes from Jesly, Chicka, lukket, lucky and beeko.

Great work both of you!

Way to build up to this awesome match, crabby!  You should be booking the WWE :P

---
"He was cursed with a horrorshow of a face, like Guiseppe Archbold doing a study of mollusk tumors."

5-26-10 1:23pm (new)

lukket
Home Computer Futurist

Member Rated:

Gabe

---
troelsea at gmail dot com

5-26-10 1:39pm (new)

attitudechicka
is never bored.

Member Rated:

Sir Billings

---
Mediocrity at its most average.

5-26-10 4:57pm (new)

LuckyGuess
hm

Member Rated:

Gabe

---
the kid's getting old, the kid's getting old

5-27-10 10:59am (new)

crabby

Member Rated:

7-5 Gabe right now, but still missing votes from jesly and beeko. It isn't over yet and NO WAY IN HELL AM I CALLING THIS MATCH WITHOUT A CLEAR MAJORITY!

The 2nd round can wait 2 more years for all I care. We're waiting on the votes people. Just another reminder that in the off chance of a tie, I will be your god... I mean tie breaking vote.

5-28-10 4:56am (new)

umfumdisi
Forum comment:

Member Rated:

Sorry for flaking out. I'm used to these things moving at a slower pace. RCColaMan's comic was all that, anyway.

---
Chicken Feather Bed Bugs Bunny Hop Sing Out Side Street Walker Texas Ranger Cookie Dough Boy Wonder Years

5-28-10 11:48pm (new)

gabe_billings
President and CEO of Wirthlingsux Inc.

Member Rated:

Just in case this ends up a tie and comes down to crabby's vote, I'd like to take back all those things I said about his mother.

---
100 pounds of shit in a 25 pound sack.

5-29-10 10:31pm (new)

Beeko180
Overlord Procrastinator: Or will be in a minute...

Member Rated:

5-30-10 2:38pm (new)

gabe_billings

Member Rated:

gabe_billings wrote:

Just in case this ends up a tie and comes down to crabby's vote, I'd like to take back all those things I said about his mother.

Now that I don't have to worry about his vote, I'd like to un-take back this statement.

---

5-30-10 3:36pm (new)

lima
FIREBOMB THE ORPHANAGE!

Member Rated:

Gah. Well done Gabe. That comic was a masterstroke of sparsity and suspense that Hitchcock would have been proud of. I would have said that earlier, but of course I wanted there to be a chance that people would vote for me, despite my scary story being, *ahem*, slightly plagiarised..

5-30-10 5:35pm (new)

gabe_billings

Member Rated:

Where was it "slightly plagiarised" from?  I thought it sounded vaguely familiar when I was reading it, but couldn't pin it down to anything in particular.

---

5-30-10 6:13pm (new)

lima
FIREBOMB THE ORPHANAGE!

Member Rated:

gabe_billings wrote:

Where was it "slightly plagiarised" from?  I thought it sounded vaguely familiar when I was reading it, but couldn't pin it down to anything in particular.

A 4chan post. That's the level I'm at..

5-30-10 7:06pm (new)

jes_lawson
I don't know what I'm doing either

Member Rated:

HC & lima, although Gabe's was an absolute masterpiece.  I don't think I've ever read something as well written on Stripcreator that didn't have an Asiangirl joke or a swear in it.

---
Please replace the handset, and try again.

5-31-10 5:41am (new)

crabby

Member Rated:

First of all, I want to thank everyone for competing and for putting out such quality work. You guys are the real stars thanks everyone!

Second, an extra big congrats to all those strippers who won their matches and will be heading to the 2nd round. The winning contestants were; Jesly, Brycekain, not_scycess, RCColaman, 4_legged_tripod, LadyJ, HCRoyall and gabe_billings. I haven't quite figuered out how I want to structure the 2nd round yet, but I'm leani9ng towards a round robin double elimination family feud style round that will make everyone feel like they've really accomplished something important by the end of this thing.

What I'm going to do is take a week long break from the cup, assess the situation and then I'll start a new thread for round two.

I would like to encourage those who were bested in the first round to conttinue to follow the cup as their votes are still valid and very much encouraged. Make your voice heard and vote and also read some funny comics in the process. It's a win-win people.

6-01-10 2:32pm (new)

attitudechicka
is never bored.

Member Rated:

I like feeling accomplished. And family feud.

---

6-01-10 5:24pm (new)

attitudechicka
is never bored.

Member Rated:

Waiting is harder than I thought it would be.

---

6-06-10 12:25pm (new)

ladyjdotnet
Snitcreator

Member Rated:

ditto.

---
I am a delicate fucking flower. https://beacons.ai/jesskent

6-06-10 1:11pm (new)

crabby

Member Rated:

I'm really sorry for the delay here people. I'm still proud of you all. You're all great. Great job everyone. Especially those who have advanced to the 2nd round.

I've been going through all the PM's I've received on ideas for the second round to make it as fun and as family feudish as possible, however, nothing is rubbing me just the way I need it to rub me. I'm also right in the middle of being swamped at my shit job and completely in the process of being interviewed for a new job. It's alot of happenings. A whole lotta shaking going on! So, keep on sending those ideas in and we'll see what we get ourselves into.

Thanks again for your patience with this, you're all just the best! Keep up the great work!

6-09-10 2:18pm (new)

gabe_billings

Member Rated:

I personally don't want to hear about you rubbing anything.

---

6-09-10 6:32pm (new)

ladyjdotnet
Snitcreator

Member Rated:

Liar.

---
I am a delicate fucking flower. https://beacons.ai/jesskent

6-09-10 8:34pm (new)

crabby

Member Rated:

Sorry for the delay. Another ruptured testicle.

The prevailing theme from the majority of input I've gathered is to just start the damn thing and get it over with. So, we're going straight one on won match ups based on the seeding of the first round. 

So the match ups for round 2 will be as follows:

jes_lawson VS brycekain 

not_Scyess VS RCCOLAMAN

four_legged_tripod VS ladyjdotnet

AND...

HCRoyall VS gabe_billings

I'll post a new thread with rules this afternoon and I'm going to be pretty lenient with the time ranges. We've all been through alot and the mental toll this cup will take on you if you let it is tremendous. I hope everyone is doing well and I hope everyone is ready to get down to the dirty and knock this thing out. For round 2 the rules will be coming from some of the most popular comic competitions in the history of the site. Not original enough for you? Then you win the cup and make up all the rules you want. Go ahead, I dare you to win. Go on, win this cup and come up with really cool rules. I DARE YOU!!!!

Thread later today...

6-16-10 5:18am (new)

crabby

Member Rated:

Also, in the event that Gabe's wife isn't letting him use the computer anymore or if no one else can make it and don't show up in the 2nd round. The loser from the first round who received the most votes will then be eligible to take their place. This is a comic cup not an apple picking and once things get going, we can get down to it and get some results. If you no show, you will be replaced. That is just the end of it and don't bother to send me PM's complaining about my policies not being liberal enough. I don't wanna heeeeeear it! 

6-16-10 5:22am (new)

Stripcreator » Comic Competitions » COMIC CUP XIV: ROUND ONE!!! A tribute to crabby

reload page with comics

Jump to:

Post A Reply

stripcreator
Make a comic
Your comics
Create account
Forums
Help
comics
Random Comic
Comic Contests