Important notice about the future of Stripcreator (Updated: May 2nd, 2023)

stripcreator forums
Jump to:

Stripcreator » Comic Competitions » COMIC CUP XIV: THE FINAL FOUR

Author

little_kitty
I bop, you bop, a-they bop.

Member Rated:

gabe_billings wrote:

Were the previous ones this bad?  Because this is agonizing.

THANK YOU. I don't recall previous Cup's being this slow-paced. And srsly, enough is enough. if RC doesn't submit in the next day or two, I say we boot him and choose from the other submissions. Let's let this thing just end.

---
Okay, Lindsay, are you forgetting that I was a professional twice over - an analyst and a therapist. The world's first analrapist.

9-11-10 11:20pm (new)
quote : comics : pm : info

ZMannZilla
Ex-Zombie Hunting Dad Creature

Member Rated:

little_kittyEvidently, you don't know Crabby very well.  There are contests in the More Comic Competitions section that Crabby absolutely refuses to acknowledge a need for bypass interventions, despite months-long absences from the people who are supposed to be judging and/or starting the next competition.

I would like to submit this argument: deadlines would assure that everyone gets a level playing field for proving their stripping skills.  Letting people take months to come up with something, gives them an unfair advantage over people who submitted in a timely fashion.

It's also worth noting that the only popular competition I can think of that doesn't incorporate the concept of reasonable time limits would be Quidditch, and it's fictional.

---
"He was cursed with a horrorshow of a face, like Guiseppe Archbold doing a study of mollusk tumors."

9-12-10 12:29am (new)

crabby
I have an awesome avatar.

Member Rated:

I waited 3 years to win my comic cup. We will wait for everyone to enter. If you are so upset, I recommend sending PM's to the users who have not submitted displaying your anger and letting them know how they let us all down by signing up to be a part of something knowing we were all waiting and didn't care enough to be bothered to submit something IN THE FINALS! Seriously, you're active participants until the finals? I don't understand, but we will wait for them. 

When any of you win the Comic Cup you can run the contest however you like. It is a very prestigious honor that way!

9-12-10 6:52am (new)

little_kitty

Member Rated:

BFD if you waited 3 years. We should have instigated this from the beginning, in that there's a due date for the comic.

Fuck it, I'm out. I'm not checking back here every few days in hopes that this competition has finally come to the point where we can vote for the winner.  Move on without my vote, because this is absolutely ludicrous.

---
Okay, Lindsay, are you forgetting that I was a professional twice over - an analyst and a therapist. The world's first analrapist.

9-12-10 10:13am (new)

Lord_Vodek
Forum Whore

Member Rated:

RCCOLAMAN wrote:

I"ll be submitting my entry tomorrow night, I finally thought of something

So much for that...

---
Resident Masochist & Adrenaline Junkie -I'm probably not god but you should worship me just in case-

9-12-10 11:29am (new)

Lord_Vodek
Forum Whore

Member Rated:

9-12-10 11:54am (new)

ZMannZilla

Member Rated:

crabby wrote:

Seriously, you're active participants until the finals? I don't understand, but we will wait for them.

Called it. *gets a cookie*

---
"He was cursed with a horrorshow of a face, like Guiseppe Archbold doing a study of mollusk tumors."

9-12-10 2:46pm (new)

crabby

Member Rated:

little_kitty wrote:

Fuck it, I'm out. I'm not checking back here every few days in hopes that this competition has finally come to the point where we can vote for the winner.  Move on without my vote, because this is absolutely ludicrous.

Sorry to lose you Kitty. I'm glad the Cup is something so important to you that you have become this annoyed by something so meaningless. I hope the next person runs a Cup more to your liking. I appreciate your participation.

9-12-10 4:02pm (new)

crabby

Member Rated:

little_kitty wrote:

BFD if you waited 3 years. We should have instigated this from the beginning, in that there's a due date for the comic.

Is that BFD for "Big Fucking Deal?" Classy. I didn't have to wait for people to post. The person running the contest wouldn't declare me winner without a clear majority. politics again. 

9-12-10 4:04pm (new)

crabby

Member Rated:

I'm sorry. I'm just so full of power since I'm in charge of the Cup that I lashed out right there. It was out of character and I hope you can forgive me.

9-12-10 4:53pm (new)

Lord_Vodek
Forum Whore

Member Rated:

crabby wrote:

I'm sorry. I'm just so full of power since I'm in charge of the Cup that I lashed out right there. It was out of character and I hope you can forgive me.

Seems pretty in character to me haha

---
Resident Masochist & Adrenaline Junkie -I'm probably not god but you should worship me just in case-

9-12-10 8:02pm (new)

gabe_billings
President and CEO of Wirthlingsux Inc.

Member Rated:

ZMannZilla wrote:

It's also worth noting that the only popular competition I can think of that doesn't incorporate the concept of reasonable time limits would be Quidditch, and it's fictional.

Don't even get me started on the fucking Quidditch rules. 

I'd like to see a modern day basketball game that had been 'Quidditch-ized'.  So we've already got the ball through the hoop thing going on, so we're set there.  To simulate the bludgers, we need the addition of something big and dangerous.  So let's add a couple angry wolverines to the court to fuck people up.  We need beaters, so a couple dudes on each team get baseball bats to fight off the wolverines.  Then for the snitch, let's get a spider monkey hopped up on crack and put him in a gold spandex bodysuit and let him loose in the stands.  Each team gets one guy to run around trying to catch the monkey.  Catch the little fucker, and you instantly score 150 points and the game is over.

I would totally pay to see that shit.

---
100 pounds of shit in a 25 pound sack.

9-12-10 8:18pm (new)

ZMannZilla

Member Rated:

gabe_billings wrote:
for the snitch, let's get a spider monkey hopped up on crack and put him in a gold spandex bodysuit and let him loose in the stands.  Each team gets one guy to run around trying to catch the monkey.  Catch the little fucker, and you instantly score 150 points and the game is over.

I would totally pay to see that shit.

That's my main problem with Quidditch.  "Balls Into Goals" is one game.  "Fairy Tag" is another.  You're using the unpredictable time limit of one game to time another game.  It'd be like replacing the time clock in Football with a group of old people playing Texas Hold 'Em.

And I too would love to see people chasing a crack monkey around a basketball court.  Preferably while the Benny Hill theme is playing.

---

9-12-10 10:00pm (new)

RCCOLAMAN
Saving the world from thirst since 1905!

Member Rated:

Sorry for the broken promise everyone here's my sad sad entry

[ Posted comic does not exist ]

9-12-10 10:11pm (new)

attitudechicka
is never bored.

Member Rated:

I was wondering what would spark the next I'm leaving forever thread.

---
Mediocrity at its most average.

9-13-10 7:03am (new)

four_legged_tripod
Do what to who for how many jellybeans?

Member Rated:

little_kitty wrote:

Dibs on little_kitty's non vote.

---
"Humiliation is humiliation only when you choose to suffer." ~ Chuck Palahniuk, Choke

9-13-10 11:59am (new)

RCCOLAMAN
Saving the world from thirst since 1905!

Member Rated:

four_legged_tripod wrote:

little_kitty wrote:

Dibs on little_kitty's non vote.

So are you planning on voting for yourself?? I say kitty's desertion is a non issue unless there is a tie of some sort, in which case crabby will cast the deciding vote.

9-13-10 1:03pm (new)

four_legged_tripod
Do what to who for how many jellybeans?

Member Rated:

RCCOLAMAN wrote:

So are you planning on voting for yourself?? I say kitty's desertion is a non issue unless there is a tie of some sort, in which case crabby will cast the deciding vote.

I'm aware that there is no voting for yourself.  A non vote isn't even a vote, hince the "non" part of it.  So by calling dibbs on it was mearly a smart ass comment.  Have another RC and lighten up man.

---
"Humiliation is humiliation only when you choose to suffer." ~ Chuck Palahniuk, Choke

9-13-10 1:11pm (new)

little_kitty

Member Rated:

attitudechicka wrote:

I was wondering what would spark the next I'm leaving forever thread.

Nah, I wouldn't say I'm leaving forever. I'm just saying that I'm not going to put in a vote for the final 4, nor am I going to read the comics posted for it.

Maybe a word to the wise for the next Cup winner, make deadlines. If they're not met, that person is booted and the opponent wins by default.

---

9-13-10 3:00pm (new)

crabby

Member Rated:

I hope the next winner enjoys their reign and loves the rules they come up with and enjoys running the cup as much as I have!

I understand how stressful it is to check the site and not see anything new. It must be very time consuming. I know logging in and checking this and writing this message took me at least 3 minutes. So I'm very sorry for taking away your valuable time. 

Hopefully, Jes will enter soon and then Gabe can have a great time running the next cup!

I wish you the best of luck! Thanks for your patience everyone and to those who I have upset, hey, it's just a dumb humor contest and I'm sure you'll get over it soon.

9-13-10 4:20pm (new)

crabby

Member Rated:

You know what... Just forget it. I don't want this to turn into some sort of thing about me like I am putting myself above the integrity of the cup so you know what, Jes is disqualified. He's had plenty of time. He even posted weeks after the rules were announced and couldn'e be bothered so, forget him. 

LET'S GET THE VOTING STARTED!!!!

I apologize again to everyone who's valuable time I have stolen and I promise not to do it again in the future. I figuered waiting for everyone to enter would take maybe a week tops, but it just didn't work out that way. 

Good luck and thank you to those who entered entries in the finals and thank you again to everyone who participated. Winning Comic Cup XIII was a great honor and I hope the next winner enjoys it as much as I did! 

9-13-10 4:29pm (new)

ZMannZilla

Member Rated:

I'm voting for Gabe.

Also, Crabby, you did a great job, and deserve due credit for mirthful levity in the face of aggrivating impatience.  Thanks for running CCXIV.

I'm also immediately tossing my hat into the ring for the next Comic Cup.  I definitely could have been a contender if I had more than just "knee-jerk urge to help out" as a motivation.

---

9-13-10 6:37pm (new)

attitudechicka
is never bored.

Member Rated:

I'm voting for Gabe and assuring RC that his series definitely got a chuckle out of me.

---
Mediocrity at its most average.

9-14-10 6:55am (new)

HCRoyall
100mg Thorazine, Please

Member Rated:

Gabe's series was great, but it was his performance in the swimsuit competition that really sinched it for him, in my mind.  So my vote goes to Gabe.

---
It was such a waste of everyone’s time and money that even the Tokyo stadium’s rape robots apologized– something they were programmed specifically never to do.

9-14-10 11:37am (new)

Lord_Vodek
Forum Whore

Member Rated:

My vote goes to Gabe I desperately wanted to vote for RCColaMan becuase I think most of your comics are funny but your series wasn't as good as Gabe's. That's not to say I didn't find it to be quite funny.

---

9-14-10 4:19pm (new)

Stripcreator » Comic Competitions » COMIC CUP XIV: THE FINAL FOUR

reload page with comics

Jump to:

Post A Reply

stripcreator
Make a comic
Your comics
Create account
Forums
Help