Important notice about the future of Stripcreator (Updated: May 2nd, 2023)

stripcreator forums
Jump to:

Stripcreator » Comic Competitions » Comic Cup XV - The Law of Diminishing Returns

Author

jes_lawson
I don't know what I'm doing either

Member Rated:

Must...resist...urge...to...point...out...obvious...irony...nnngggg.... DOUGAAAAN!

Nah, this'll be fun.

---
Please replace the handset, and try again.

7-14-15 5:35am (new)
quote : comics : pm : info

ragu4u
Because being DISGUSTING just isn't enough!

Member Rated:

RE: this contest       Man o man...you're making this thing harder and harder!

"THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!"

7-14-15 6:20am (new)

four_legged_tripod
Do what to who for how many jellybeans?

Member Rated:

[Click to view comic: 'Snake Charmer']

[Click to view comic: 'Stone Cold']

---
"Humiliation is humiliation only when you choose to suffer." ~ Chuck Palahniuk, Choke

7-14-15 11:12am (new)

crabby
I have an awesome avatar.

Member Rated:

7-14-15 2:46pm (new)

jes_lawson
I don't know what I'm doing either

Member Rated:

4lt  But I'm imagining the last panel of crabby's strip with the caption "Mmm...That's Niiice...."

---
Please replace the handset, and try again.

7-14-15 4:06pm (new)

brycekain
AFallenMind.com

Member Rated:

Giving it to Tripod on this one.

---
...and if you liked that one, here's a link to my other stupid shit.

7-14-15 5:03pm (new)

ragu4u

Member Rated:

My vote goes to.....4LT !!!  Sorry crabster.

7-15-15 7:51am (new)

Porternotes
http://www.porternotes.com

Member Rated:

4LT all the way on this one.

---
https://www.porternotes.com

7-15-15 9:25am (new)

evil_d
Riding through your town with his head on fire

Member Rated:

I liked the idea of frozen Brad as an ice statue, but four_legged_tripod gets my vote for his excellent use of different characters.

I'm disturbed, but not surprised, that both of you made comics about having sex with statues.  

---
The what mentioned above is total fiction. Please don't take it seriously!

7-15-15 11:13am (new)

Neo11
Member - Tobor Fan Club

Member Rated:

I vote Tripod, that was some brilliant stuff

7-15-15 6:26pm (new)

ragu4u

Member Rated:

Is there any other kind of sex other than with statues?  What?!

7-16-15 5:41am (new)

kramer_vs_kramer
Stripcreator Newbie

Member Rated:

In a Germany vs Brazil style massacre, four_legged_tripod leads crabby 6-0.

7-18-15 5:20am (new)

crabby

Member Rated:

Immedietly after reading tripod's comics, I sent him a message congratulating him on his win. He made the absolute best comics you could possibly make with those rules. It was that exact moment I realized that this art form has passed me by and that it is finally time to walk away.

I would like to take this time to announce my retirement from Stripcreator. We've had a great run, but the best years are behind us. I am going to continue my other artisitic ventures such as reviewing potato chips online. I love you all. Please keep in touch.

I will of course fulfill my voting obligations for the rest of this Comic Cup, but after that I am walking away, forever. Thank you for your understanding. I appreciate you respecting this decision which I feel is in the best interest of both my family and my own sanity. Keep up the great work all of you.  

7-18-15 7:46am (new)

ragu4u

Member Rated:

[ Posted comic does not exist ]

7-19-15 6:34am (new)

brycekain
AFallenMind.com

Member Rated:

Ok, so who's up on the next round? *watching life go on*

---
...and if you liked that one, here's a link to my other stupid shit.

7-19-15 3:21pm (new)

four_legged_tripod

Member Rated:

SEMI FINAL 2

kramer_vs_kramer Vs. evid_d

The same guidelines apply as in the first semi final as stated by kvk:

"I'm going back to the random number generator for this one, but this time I want to see two-part series. I'll post the rules from two comic competitions, and one comic has to follow each set of rules. You can choose the order."

Ruleset #1 CC XV started by ObiJo and won by bobo32.

This contest will be the Line Comic. The main rule is to use only ONE character in the strip, but it's mandatory that that character shows up 6 times in the strip facing the same direction. Any one character can be used. Also, any background or backgrounds you want to use are fine.

Oh, for fun, let's also say you must name a professional sports team in the comic.

Ruleset #2 CC 203 started by jes_lawson and won by Chi_The_Cynic.

So, the theme for this CC is The Summer and everything exciting that you can think of that summer means to you.

That's it boys. Take it away.

---
"Humiliation is humiliation only when you choose to suffer." ~ Chuck Palahniuk, Choke

7-19-15 8:54pm (new)

four_legged_tripod

Member Rated:

four_legged_tripod wrote:

SEMI FINAL 2

kramer_vs_kramer Vs. evid_d

*evil_d  sorry about that.

---

7-19-15 8:56pm (new)

HCRoyall
100mg Thorazine, Please

Member Rated:

I was going to vote for 4lt, but I guess it's unimportant now that crabby has surrendered.

---
It was such a waste of everyone’s time and money that even the Tokyo stadium’s rape robots apologized– something they were programmed specifically never to do.

7-20-15 7:27am (new)

Porternotes

Member Rated:

7-20-15 10:42am (new)

crabby

Member Rated:

I would just like to take a moment to address that Porternotes comic. No one is "quitting the site because they lost." That would be ridiclous. I am merely taking this moment to acknowledge that this form of expression is no longer the medium with which I choose to express myself and I instead choose to crank out quick and easy potato chip reviews online. 

I don't appreciate the suggestion that my retirement is based upon sour grapes of any kind. This is a decision I have been thinking about announcing for close to five years now. Show a little class and mind your own business. I'm not only shocked at the appaling personal attack, but I'm also extremely disapointed. 

7-20-15 8:42pm (new)

RandomComicLayoutGuy
Obsessive Comic Disorder

Member Rated:

crabby wrote:

I would just like to take a moment to address that Porternotes comic. No one is "quitting the site because they lost." That would be ridiclous. I am merely taking this moment to acknowledge that this form of expression is no longer the medium with which I choose to express myself and I instead choose to crank out quick and easy potato chip reviews online. 

I don't appreciate the suggestion that my retirement is based upon sour grapes of any kind. This is a decision I have been thinking about announcing for close to five years now. Show a little class and mind your own business. I'm not only shocked at the appaling personal attack, but I'm also extremely disapointed. 

Why are you still here?

7-20-15 11:16pm (new)

Porternotes

Member Rated:

Crabby.... It's just a comic.

---

7-20-15 11:20pm (new)

crabby

Member Rated:

RandomComicLayoutGuy wrote:

crabby wrote:

Why are you still here?

I will never feel the need to justify my appearance to you, however, due to the influx of messages and emails and texts I have received since my announcement I will clarify those statements to offer further clarity for those who need it.

I am retiring and leaving forever at the conclusion of this tournament. That retirement is limited to my role as an ambassador and pillar of consistency to the site. Will I still pop up in the forums from time to time? OF COURSE! Will I still be making comics? Ocassionally. Will I be formally putting together barnstorming tours? No. Will I be greeting new users in RMDC and formally welcoming them to Stripcreator? No. Will I be running the irc chatroom to try and get people back together? No. Have I always hated Randomcomicjackass? Oh yeah, he's the absolute pits.

Porternotes, that comic was a calculated attack on my character. I did not appreciate it and I have addressed it in the manner it needed to be addressed. Best of luck in your future on the site.

7-21-15 4:56am (new)

Porternotes

Member Rated:

First off here are your words "It was that exact moment I realized that this art form has passed me by and that it is finally time to walk away." Here are my words "Well, it's all in fun. One guy lost his round and chose to quit the site altogether. That's a bit extreme, I think." you read into it an implication of sour grapes on your part. That was your perception. This comic make more fun of me than it does of you. I laid out a simple process you lost, you quit. Just the same as you did in your statement. The mere fact that I have to explain the comic and the joke in it means that maybe the art form has passed you by.

Second, true I have only been on the site for a year and you have been on the site for 14 years I respect the fact that you have put in your time, but I lost my round by two votes and a technicality. You had your Crabby Ass handed to you in your round. Another indicator that you're making a good choice.

Third, as I read what retirement means to you I am super excited about the idea that you will still be making comics and still be on the forum. Because sometimes your comics are kind of funny, and if this is how you communicate with other creators, then your presence on the forum would truly be missed.

I'm done defending my comic to you. It stands on its own as self effacing about the importance of my FIRST comic cup experience, and if I chose to THIS moment could give me a well of material regarding interaction with one of the grand ol' statesmen of the site.

But I'll leave it here.

---

7-21-15 6:23am (new)

crabby

Member Rated:

Porternotes

I accept your apology and wish you all the best in your future endeavors while I take time to pursue mine. Take care. 

7-21-15 10:15am (new)

Stripcreator » Comic Competitions » Comic Cup XV - The Law of Diminishing Returns

reload page with comics

Jump to:

Post A Reply

stripcreator
Make a comic
Your comics
Create account
Forums
Help
comics
Random Comic
Comic Contests