Important notice about the future of Stripcreator (Updated: May 2nd, 2023)

stripcreator forums
Jump to:

Stripcreator » Comic Competitions » Comic Cup VII - Sign up here!

Author

fuzzyman
Alpha Geek

Member Rated:

Okay, we have 18 players, which is probably plenty. That filled up waaaay faster than I expected.

They are:
[list]
[*] kaufman
[*] crabby
[*] lara7
[*] Bogart
[*] ladyjdotnet
[*] kramer_vs_kramer
[*] Big Evil Dan
[*] Kajun Firefly
[*] andydougan
[*] Kevin Keegans Perm
[*] flickguy
[*] Jael
[*] DexX
[*] skagg
[*] wirthling
[*] Mr_Kidney
[*] TheElPaso
[*] Kitty_Kat
[/list]
I'll semi-randomly divide you into two leagues of 9 players each and get CC7 rolling this weekend.

This is gonna be fun!

---
...Trot and Cap'n Bill were free from anxiety and care. Button-Bright never worried about anything. The Scarecrow, not being able to sleep, looked out of the window and tried to count the stars.

12-06-01 7:14pm (new)
quote : comics : pm : info

Bogart
Member - Tobor Fan Club

Member Rated:

Aren't you the same guy who was insulting Bogart a matter of hours ago?

Did I miss it? Damn.

12-06-01 9:14pm (new)

KajunFirefly
chooby digital (in stereo)

Member Rated:

you didn't miss it Bogart, it never happened, at least not to my knowledge, sometimes Andy spends too much time sniffing paint and not enough time in reality!

---
Dad was flammable

12-07-01 3:14am (new)

Geniu$
Pink Donkey Wrangler

Member Rated:

dont you mean sniffing pants?

---
Come ahead then!

12-07-01 5:36am (new)

kramer_vs_kramer
Stripcreator Newbie

Member Rated:

Isn't it quite sad you have to reply to your own posts?

12-07-01 6:03am (new)

KajunFirefly
chooby digital (in stereo)

Member Rated:

it's sad, or a sign of extreme boredom!

---
Dad was flammable

12-07-01 6:06am (new)

fuzzyman
Alpha Geek

Member Rated:

Okay, I have semi-randomly divided the Cup into two leagues. (Semi-random because I made adjustments to be sure that neither side is overly stacked with regulars or newbies). Your league membership is listed below. I won't have time until Sunday to actually post the rules for the first round of comics, so sit tight...

---------- Tobor League ----------
[list]
[*] andydougan
[*] crabby
[*] Jael
[*] Kajun Firefly
[*] Kevin Keegans Perm
[*] Kitty_Kat
[*] Mr_Kidney
[*] skagg
[*] wirthling
[/list]

---------- Pedantic League ----------[list]
[*] Big Evil Dan
[*] Bogart
[*] DexX
[*] flickguy
[*] kaufman
[*] kramer_vs_kramer
[*] ladyjdotnet
[*] lara7
[*] TheElPaso
[/list]

---
...Trot and Cap'n Bill were free from anxiety and care. Button-Bright never worried about anything. The Scarecrow, not being able to sleep, looked out of the window and tried to count the stars.

12-07-01 9:17pm (new)

Kevin_Keegans_Perm
Bean There, Done That

Member Rated:

oooh , just what i wanted. The opportunity to vote Andy off every round.

---
"Life Sucks, Then you Die. The bit inbetween isnt very funny either"

12-07-01 9:27pm (new)

Kevin_Keegans_Perm
Bean There, Done That

Member Rated:

Glad i avoided Dr.K. Clearly thats who i feel will be the "Dark Horse" for this one.

Or is that the "Dark Donkey"

---

12-07-01 9:30pm (new)

ladyjdotnet
Snitcreator

Member Rated:

I don't think it's random that DexX, kaufman, and I all ended up in the pedantic league. I'm sure if ObiJo were competing, he'd be in there with us.

---
I am a delicate fucking flower. https://beacons.ai/jesskent

12-07-01 9:50pm (new)

Kevin_Keegans_Perm
Bean There, Done That

Member Rated:

And i did note myself , andy and Kajun all being paired.

Along with Kitty Kat , who i think we will have to be nice to , or she will complain were breaking the rules or something.

---

12-07-01 9:59pm (new)

skagg
Comic Overlord

Member Rated:

one problem i might point out is that with 9 people each having to post a comic for a round the deadlines might have to stretch quite a bit

---
Who knows what fear lurks in the hearts of men? MIKE BOBSICO KNOWS! And if you give him a decent tip when he delivers your mail , he might tell you.

12-08-01 2:25am (new)

fuzzyman
Alpha Geek

Member Rated:

It's definitely going to be tough to deal with deadlines. I will probably make rounds last closer to 36 hours due to all the times zones and see how it goes. We don't want this Cup to drag on for 3 months, either. The two leagues will run in parallel until they merge, so it shouldn't be that bad.

I'm also using skagg's suggestion that whoever gets voted out will get to decide the rule for the next round. That should streamline things (with one rule it will be easier to make a comic) and add a nice revenge element.

In terms of the league names, I decided ahead of time that whatever league Kaufman ended up in would be the Pedantic Leauge.

I just split up the newbies so that each team had one quality newbie and one that I'm not so sure about. But other than that, I closed my eyes and poked names on a piece of paper. (Unlike wirthling, I wasn't about to write a script!)

---

12-08-01 6:28am (new)

crabby
I have an awesome avatar.

Member Rated:

Gee, I wonder who's gonna be eliminated first down in the Pedantic league. That whole division is filled with the big boys and then there's TheElPaso. I'm glad I didn't get put into that League.

12-08-01 9:24am (new)

fuzzyman
Alpha Geek

Member Rated:

Well, Kitty_Kat is in the same situation on the other side. I hope voting will be based on the strips and not popularity. It's fun to slap around newbies, but I think that if they do good strips it should be recognized.

I think Bogart and Mr_Kidney will make a good showing.

---

12-08-01 9:49am (new)

ladyjdotnet
Snitcreator

Member Rated:

quote:
Well, Kitty_Kat is in the same situation on the other side. I hope voting will be based on the strips and not popularity. It's fun to slap around newbies, but I think that if they do good strips it should be recognized.

I think Bogart and Mr_Kidney will make a good showing.

I am in agreement on all points.

(That's the intellectual's version of the AOLish "me too")

---
I am a delicate fucking flower. https://beacons.ai/jesskent

12-08-01 10:31am (new)

crabby
I have an awesome avatar.

Member Rated:

I don't know if I've ever seen a funny strip from Kitty_Kat. She is in a really bad position in the Tobor League. She's gonna have to pull a hell of a comic out of her ass.

12-08-01 12:01pm (new)

lara7
Jimmy Carter says YES!

Member Rated:

while I agree with you crabby, just remember that she's prolly gonna be making the rule for round 2. so maybe goading her is a bad idea....

---
When they invent BookFace, I'm -there-.

12-08-01 3:04pm (new)

fuzzyman
Alpha Geek

Member Rated:

Also remember that in the event of a tie, the one cast out will be the one with more votes against them.

Oh, I didn't tell you that yet, did I?

---

12-08-01 3:28pm (new)

Jael
Resident Wench

Member Rated:

All I want to know is at some point do I get to cornhole somebody and go RAAAAAR??

---
Women are fisher's of men because we all know.... The small ones you throw back. The medium ones you eat. The large ones you mount.

12-08-01 8:48pm (new)

Spankling
Looking for love in ALL the wrong places, baby!

Member Rated:

I thought you would never ask!

---
"Jelly-belly gigglin, dancin and a-wigglin, honey that's the way I am!" Janice the Muppet

12-08-01 9:06pm (new)

fuzzyman
Alpha Geek

Member Rated:

Funny, when read Jael's post I was thinking, "Spankling will accomodate you."

---

12-08-01 9:33pm (new)

DrClaw
Stripcreator Newbie

Member Rated:

/me joins the competition

12-09-01 1:18am (new)

fuzzyman
Alpha Geek

Member Rated:

I'm sorry, I already closed the signup. We already had 18 people, which is a lot as it is.

---

12-09-01 7:26am (new)

skagg
Comic Overlord

Member Rated:

gutted!

---
Who knows what fear lurks in the hearts of men? MIKE BOBSICO KNOWS! And if you give him a decent tip when he delivers your mail , he might tell you.

12-09-01 7:32am (new)

Stripcreator » Comic Competitions » Comic Cup VII - Sign up here!

reload page with comics

Jump to:

Post A Reply

stripcreator
Make a comic
Your comics
Create account
Forums
Help
comics
Random Comic
Comic Contests