Comic Cup VII: The Weakest Strip -- Tobor League
I’ll summarize the rules here so you don’t have to go looking in the sign-up thread for them.
- This Cup is a mix of the rules Weakest Link and Survivor, where in each round all the participants create a strip and vote off the creator of the worst strip.
- The person voted off creates the rule for the next round. Revenge is sweet. I will be creating the rule for the first round.
- Unlike the game shows upon which this Cup is based, after you are voted off you still get to vote people off in the subsequent rounds… So don’t disappear after you get voted off. We still love you.
- In the final round, you will be voting for the winner, not for the person you want voted off.
- If you miss submitting a strip for a round, you’re ejected from the Cup. This seems harsh, but I can’t exactly let someone who doesn’t submit a strip get a free pass to the next round. If you think you will have a scheduling conflict at some point in the game, please let me know and I will do my best (within reason) to accommodate you.
- Once the rule for a round is posted, you have up to 36 hours to complete and post your comic. Rounds that run into the weekend will last longer. Once all the strips are in (or the deadline is past) I will give a signal to begin voting. (If all of the strips for the round are obviously in, just go ahead and start voting). The voting period will last up to 24 hours. Remember, except for the final round, you are voting for who to eject.
- In the event of a tie, the person voted off will be the one who has the most votes accumulated against them from previous rounds.
- Because so many people signed up for this Cup, I have split it into two concurrent league competitions – The Tobor League and the Pedantic League. Each League has 9 members. When each League is down to 4 members they will merge. I’ll create a new thread for that.
The Tobor League is:
- Kajun Firefly
- Kevin Keegans Perm
On a personal note, please remember that this is about who makes the best (or worst) comic strips. It’s not about alliances or voting blocs or any strategy like that. Just make the funniest strips you can and see how far it takes you. Consistent goodness will be rewarded. Consistent badness won’t last long. Inconsistent goodness… well, just hope someone else does something worse on your bad days.
I’ll post the rule for the first round shortly.
...Trot and Cap'n Bill were free from anxiety and care. Button-Bright never worried about anything. The Scarecrow, not being able to sleep, looked out of the window and tried to count the stars.