Important notice about the future of Stripcreator (Updated: May 2nd, 2023)

stripcreator forums
Jump to:

Stripcreator » Comic Competitions » Comic Cup VII: The Weakest Strip - Pedantic League

Author

Bogart
Member - Tobor Fan Club

Member Rated:

Just as well I was kept busy with my son''s b-day celebrations. I shouldn't have lasted this long.

Oh - Lara7

12-14-01 11:36am (new)
quote : comics : pm : info

lara7
Jimmy Carter says YES!

Member Rated:

Dexx

---
When they invent BookFace, I'm -there-.

12-14-01 2:18pm (new)

ladyjdotnet
Snitcreator

Member Rated:

kramer_vs_kramer's was the weakest, I'm afraid.

---
I am a delicate fucking flower. https://beacons.ai/jesskent

12-15-01 5:21pm (new)

DexX
What the Cat Dragged In

Member Rated:

kramer_vs_kramer

I could tell you why, but then I would have to kill you.

...ah fuck it, I'm going to kill you anyway!

---
This signature has performed an illegal operation and has been shut down.

12-16-01 2:46am (new)

fuzzyman
Alpha Geek

Member Rated:

Lara7, you have created the Weakest Strip! Goodbye!

Well, we’ve waited long enough for a vote from TheElPaso. In any case, the best Lara7 could have done is draw with kramer_vs_kramer. Lara7, you have been voted out of the tribe. Please take your torch on the way out.

Just a reminder for everyone… if you get voted out, you still get to vote for the remainder of the contest.

Also, if you haven’t e-mailed me a rule yet (chris@condon.net) please do so. Remember, for the most part your rule will not be combined with anyone else’s. This is your chance for revenge, so make it good. If anyone who has already sent a rule wants to send a new one, I’ve got no problem with that.

The Round 3 rule from Lara7 will be posted shortly.

---
...Trot and Cap'n Bill were free from anxiety and care. Button-Bright never worried about anything. The Scarecrow, not being able to sleep, looked out of the window and tried to count the stars.

12-16-01 12:33pm (new)

fuzzyman
Alpha Geek

Member Rated:

Round 3
Here are your rules, courtesy of Lara7:
[list]
[*]Include an obvious anachronism (i.e., comic set in 1950's with reference to MTV)
[*]from fuzzyman: Apologies to lara7 – I think I wasn’t clear that your rule would be the only one. Since I have just subjected the Tobor League to the Seuss rule, it’s only fair that you guys get something about as evil. So… Do the strip in the style of a Tom Clancy novel/movie.
[/list]
Because of the DNS change and the fact that it is the weekend, you have until 6:00pm ET on Tuesday to submit your strips. That would be about 48 hours. Ready… Set… Go!

---
...Trot and Cap'n Bill were free from anxiety and care. Button-Bright never worried about anything. The Scarecrow, not being able to sleep, looked out of the window and tried to count the stars.

12-16-01 12:48pm (new)

BigEvilDan
Comic Overlord

Member Rated:

[Click to view comic: 'CC 7: Clancy Physics']

---
"Oh, look, a joke! How original! Thank you, but if I wanted my emotions stimulated pleasurably, I'd get a whore." - Donald B. Jones III

12-16-01 1:03pm (new)

fuzzyman
Alpha Geek

Member Rated:

Because so many people will likely be traveling, I am considering suspending the Cup this holiday weekend and resuming after the new year. Your opinion counts, so let me know -- I will certainly be around to run it.

---

12-17-01 4:29am (new)

DexX
What the Cat Dragged In

Member Rated:

I agree with that - I'm going interstate on Friday and I am not coming back until New Year's Day or the day after.

---
This signature has performed an illegal operation and has been shut down.

12-17-01 7:39am (new)

kramer_vs_kramer
Stripcreator Newbie

Member Rated:

Similar situation here. I'm taking time off work, so I won't be able to check the forums as often. Plus I'll hopefully be far too hungover to make comics.

12-17-01 8:41am (new)

BigEvilDan
Comic Overlord

Member Rated:

I'm in the same situation. In fact, I'll be out of commision by Wednesday as I'm going to be moving.

---
"Oh, look, a joke! How original! Thank you, but if I wanted my emotions stimulated pleasurably, I'd get a whore." - Donald B. Jones III

12-17-01 8:57am (new)

kramer_vs_kramer
Stripcreator Newbie

Member Rated:

I'm also stalling because I haven't read any Tom Clancy books.

12-17-01 9:01am (new)

fuzzyman
Alpha Geek

Member Rated:

That's okay neither have I. Nor have I seen any of the movies. But I guess I've gotten enough cultural background noise to give this bit of guidance:

Lots of high-technolgy military stuff, terrorists, and blowing things up, the CIA, and the FBI. Insert a large dose of fascination with the workings of military hardware and you've got it.

---

12-17-01 9:57am (new)

StrangeBrewster
Stripcreator Newbie

Member Rated:

You forgot a facination with the navy in every single one of his books.

---
Dyslexics Etinu!

12-17-01 10:45am (new)

kaufman
Director of Cats

Member Rated:

12-17-01 12:55pm (new)

kramer_vs_kramer
Stripcreator Newbie

Member Rated:

12-17-01 1:04pm (new)

fuzzyman
Alpha Geek

Member Rated:

Holiday Hiatus

The Cup is on hiatus until January 2nd. Feel free to submit your strips for this round in meantime. If everyone happens to get them in before that date, I may start the voting. However, the voting will not conclude until sometime after the hiatus.

---

12-18-01 5:10pm (new)

fuzzyman
Alpha Geek

Member Rated:

Round 3 Resumes

Welcome back! I hope you all had a great holiday. Now it is time to get back to The Weakest Strip!

When last we met, you were tasked with doing a strip in the style of Tom Clancy that includes an obvious anachronism (i.e., comic set in 1950's with reference to MTV).

We are waiting for entries from DexX, ladyjdotnet, and lara7. I know that DexX won't be back until tonight or tomorrow, so the deadline is Friday 1/4 at midnight ET.

---

1-01-02 1:55pm (new)

lara7
Jimmy Carter says YES!

Member Rated:

quote:

We are waiting for entries from DexX, ladyjdotnet, and lara7.

I was voted out last round. So I ain't makin no stinkin' streep.

---
When they invent BookFace, I'm -there-.

1-01-02 7:48pm (new)

fuzzyman
Alpha Geek

Member Rated:

You are correct, it is actually Bogart who is still missing a strip.

---

1-02-02 4:31am (new)

Bogart
Member - Tobor Fan Club

Member Rated:

I got kicked off for sleeping at the wheel 2 rounds ago. (It was less humiliating than submitting another pile.)

1-02-02 2:40pm (new)

fuzzyman
Alpha Geek

Member Rated:

Okay, I think I have myself all re-organized now.

---

1-02-02 4:52pm (new)

andydougan
Film critic subordinaire

Member Rated:

Er...is it just me, or does that still look the way it did before?

1-02-02 4:59pm (new)

fuzzyman
Alpha Geek

Member Rated:

It's just you. Seriously.

---

1-02-02 6:25pm (new)

andydougan
Film critic subordinaire

Member Rated:

Must be early Alzheimer's.

1-03-02 1:52pm (new)

Stripcreator » Comic Competitions » Comic Cup VII: The Weakest Strip - Pedantic League

reload page with comics

Jump to:

Post A Reply

stripcreator
Make a comic
Your comics
Create account
Forums
Help
comics
Random Comic
Comic Contests