stripcreator forums
stripcreator chat | forum search
Jump to:

Stripcreator » Comic Competitions » Comic Contest #2 (oops)

Author

Bottlerockett
Member - Tobor Fan Club

http://www.pgbco.com/cs" border=0>

---
http://wally.pgbco.com

2-12-01 8:57pm (new)
quote : comics : pm : info

ObiJo
Eamus Catuli

Member Rated:

I'm going to start looking through them shortly so I can post the winner as close to 7pm as possible. Also, I'm just anxious to read them. I'll keep my eyes open for any last minute entries as well.

Oh, and here's mine just for the hell of it:

[Click to view comic: 'Comic Contest #2 - The Electric Boogaloo']

---
I ate a hooker half a bottle of knife.

2-13-01 10:57am (new)

ObiJo
Eamus Catuli

Member Rated:

Haven't looked them over yet, still hunting and gathering.

[comic]4186/[comic]

---

2-13-01 11:51am (new)

ObiJo
Eamus Catuli

Member Rated:

one more time

[Click to view comic: 'Comic Contest #2 (It's ok to Pass)']

---

2-13-01 11:52am (new)

ObiJo
Eamus Catuli

Member Rated:

Damn this was hard. I'm with Gabe on switching to a voting system. We could set up a voting thread and only those people who contributed a comic can vote. (And maybe a rule against voting for yourself, to avoid a 1-1-1-1-1-1 tie.) Just a thought.

I dug everyone's comics and since I like feedback, I'm assuming everyone does. So here it goes:

gabe: An elephant as the little birdy whispering in the ear, cool. Plus one point for the expletive.

bunnerab: That last sentence of the comic is gold. Expect me to steal it many times in the future.

descolada99: we already had dimpled, pregnant and hanging door chad. now you're taking it to the moon for cratered chad. the urgency of the robot cracked me up

DexX: Slayer + Beasty Boys = Comedy. (Plus I kept thinking of the line "I'll stir fry you in my wok.")

wirthling: I totally read the second robot's line in Marvin the Martian's voice.

Bottlerockett: The image of that small robot mating with the elephant brought both terror and laughter to me.

evil_d: that comic was just waiting to be written. I didn't guess where it was going at all. It was a delayed laugh that hit me like a bombshell.

bikity: i was singing along with your comic. (I'm a big dumbo fan.) And the thought of the elephant bouncing was good stuff.

fracture: cannabilism is always funny. (or semi-cannabalism since he's a robot.)

ObiJo: yours sucked ass. why are they afraid of the goat. please don't ever compete again.

Ok, one note about bunnerab's comic. As some of you might have noticed, bunnerab used a character not allowed. I agree with gabe that we shouldn't be too anal retentive. But also I had to consider that the other comic writers could have had more options with new characters as well. So it did affect my scoring somewhat.

Like Gabe, I had a tough time. All of these were good and I'm looking forward to future contests just to read more good comics. 3 comics in particular were neck and neck and neck with each other.

Finally I decided to go with the one that made me laugh the most even after consecutive readings. So the winner is...

---

2-13-01 4:11pm (new)

ObiJo
Eamus Catuli

Member Rated:

[Click to view comic: 'Comic Contest #2: Toothgnip's imminent death...']

Good job wirthling! Not bad for an anti-reason guy. ;) Have fun judging the next one and maybe give the voting idea some thought. It's a tough gig you have.

Good job to everyone as well. Hell if everyone keeps contributing such high quality comics, this contest will be around awhile.

-ObiJo

---

2-13-01 4:14pm (new)

wirthling
supercalifragilisticexpialadosucks

Member Rated:

Oh crap, I won. I just peed my pants...

Johnny says he's working on revamping the voting system and may come up with something more official for these contests. Until then, I say we continue with the current system...

---
"And Wirthling isn't worth the paper he isn't printed on."

2-13-01 4:43pm (new)

descolada99
The Prodigal Son Has Returned

Member Rated:

Congrats wirthling! I must say, I laughed my ass off at yours. The whole "moo" at the end was priceless.

.... eagerly awaiting comic contest #3 (what a great way to avoid projects at the end of my last term of school ever... :)

---
"Fascist Clay was my most favorite totalitarian boxer!" - Indie Rock Pete from Diesel Sweeties

2-13-01 4:50pm (new)

evil_d
Riding through your town with his head on fire

Member Rated:

Well, I have to say, I thought Gabe had it locked up when he posted that picture of the aardvark. But then, I guess the aardvark not being a legal character may have hurt him.

Good job, wirthling. I look forward to your tenure as moderator, since it means I won't have to worry about you as competition. :P

---
The what mentioned above is total fiction. Please don't take it seriously!

2-13-01 5:12pm (new)

ObiJo
Eamus Catuli

Member Rated:

Gabe promised me a naked aardvark. When I saw that it wasn't naked, he was highly penalized. Plus my ant-eater wife caught me gawking at the pic and wasn't too happy about it. Thanks, Gabe, for bringing marital unrest.

---

2-13-01 6:23pm (new)

bunnerabb
Some bloke.

Member Rated:

I didn't know that the characters that had to make a mandatory appearance were also the en toto cast of available characters. I thought that you had to use the ones in the rules and the rest was optional once they had done their lines.

Well bugger me with a Buick.

Bah.

Phooey.

Drat.

That was fun.

Cheers :)

bunner

---
I wanted my half in the middle and I wound up on the edge.

2-13-01 7:26pm (new)

Bottlerockett
Member - Tobor Fan Club

Member Rated:

Swiggitty sweet!

click my name, yo!

---
http://wally.pgbco.com

2-13-01 7:33pm (new)

bikity
Stripcreator Newbie

Member Rated:

for doing a thing like that you are an evil evil evil evil evil *******. and i salute yoyu for it! that was simply blasphotastic (whatever the hell that means).

-bikity (BAAM!)

2-13-01 8:47pm (new)

ObiJo
Eamus Catuli

Member Rated:

bunnerabb,

After your first one didn't get judged in comic contest #1, I was particularly reluctant to take off in the second contest. But I thought it was the right thing to do.

You've been overly gracious in both contests. Cheers to you. :)

Can you feel it? The love I mean. ;)

-ObiJo

---

2-14-01 2:28am (new)

bunnerabb
Some bloke.

Member Rated:

Can you feel it? the love, I mean. ;)

I can feel *something*. I'm hoping a good ointment will help.

Look, I mean, I like making comics. That's about the size of it. We all want to know that we're being read, I think, to know that we're not just barking up our own asses, not so we can be **** off famous and loved by millions. I dunno. Everybody has their own motivations, and everybody wants to know if their work is being appreciated. All I want is to know that -somebody- is reading my stuff. Youuuuuuuuu don't gotta give me no stinkin' awards. :- )

love, peace, and bowling trophies,

bunner

---
I wanted my half in the middle and I wound up on the edge.

2-14-01 2:44am (new)

Stripcreator » Comic Competitions » Comic Contest #2 (oops)

reload page with comics

Jump to:

Post A Reply

stripcreator
Make a comic
Your comics
Create account
Forums
Help
Wiki
comics
Random Comic