Important notice about the future of Stripcreator (Updated: May 2nd, 2023)

stripcreator forums
Jump to:

Stripcreator » Comic Competitions » Comic Contest #9

Author

BigEvilDan
Comic Overlord

Member Rated:

Well, now that I've won a contest, I hereby declare myself Judge For Life, and the topic of all further contests will be "Why Does Dan Kick Ass?" Furthermore, I say--hang on a second. Gabe is behind me with a donkey and a wicked grin on his face, so I'm revoking my judge for life title and changing the rules.

The rules are:

1. You must use at least two different panels from the two comics shown below. The speech and narration may be altered, but nothing else can.

2. One of your panels may be your own creation entirely.

3. You must include the title of a movie somewhere in the strip. If it's not an extremely well known movie, try and include the title when you post.

4. Contest ends Friday, 8PM EST. Any late entries will be shot, ridiculed, ignored or judged depending on my whims.

5. Post your entries in this thread or incur my wrath.

---
"Oh, look, a joke! How original! Thank you, but if I wanted my emotions stimulated pleasurably, I'd get a whore." - Donald B. Jones III

2-27-01 9:06pm (new)
quote : comics : pm : info

BigEvilDan
Comic Overlord

Member Rated:

[Click to view comic: 'Comic Contest #9 Details - Part 1']

---
"Oh, look, a joke! How original! Thank you, but if I wanted my emotions stimulated pleasurably, I'd get a whore." - Donald B. Jones III

2-27-01 9:06pm (new)

BigEvilDan
Comic Overlord

Member Rated:

[Click to view comic: 'Comic Contest #9 Details - Part 2']

---

2-27-01 9:07pm (new)

bunnerabb
Some bloke.

Member Rated:

Major props to Johnny who was nice to enough to loan me his eraser. Twice. :- )

[ Posted comic does not exist ]

---
I wanted my half in the middle and I wound up on the edge.

2-28-01 12:16am (new)

crunchyfish
Stripcreator Newbie

Member Rated:

2-28-01 1:08am (new)

DragonXero
I'm Here, You're Queer, Get Used to it

Member Rated:

As I really have no idea how to post comics on here (someone email me and tell me please!) I'm posting the URL: http://www.lowpass.net/stripcreator/view.php?ID=6692

---
Do you want ants? Because that's how you get ants.

2-28-01 8:47am (new)

crunchyfish
Stripcreator Newbie

Member Rated:

[Click to view comic: 'Comic Contest #9: Jethro Looks For Ass']

You use a bracket, [, instead of parentheses, (. It goes a little something like this:
(comic)6692(/comic}
6692 was the number of your comic, it's at the end of the You Are Ell.

2-28-01 9:11am (new)

ObiJo
Eamus Catuli

Member Rated:

I'm getting bored. Enter fugue.

[Click to view comic: 'Comic Contest#9-This comic was written 30 seconds too early']

---
I ate a hooker half a bottle of knife.

2-28-01 10:35am (new)

Jael
Resident Wench

Member Rated:

here's hoping this works

http://www.lowpass.net/stripcreator/view.php?ID=[Click to view comic: 'Lowpassed & Confused...Comic Contest #9']

---
Women are fisher's of men because we all know.... The small ones you throw back. The medium ones you eat. The large ones you mount.

2-28-01 11:11am (new)

DragonXero
I'm Here, You're Queer, Get Used to it

Member Rated:

Hey, thanks!
Crunchyfish, you rule!

---
Do you want ants? Because that's how you get ants.

2-28-01 2:39pm (new)

gabe_billings
President and CEO of Wirthlingsux Inc.

Member Rated:

[Click to view comic: 'Employment']

I got the job! Woohoo! I hope everyone elses job/moving situation is going well.

Gabe

---
100 pounds of shit in a 25 pound sack.

2-28-01 3:26pm (new)

gabe_billings

Member Rated:

[Click to view comic: 'Comic Contest #9: Squirrel of Discontent']

Cheese.

---

2-28-01 3:36pm (new)

ObiJo
Eamus Catuli

Member Rated:

When you care enough to send the very best...

[Click to view comic: 'Congratulations you Crocheting Freak']

---

2-28-01 3:47pm (new)

Bottlerockett
Member - Tobor Fan Club

Member Rated:

Rollin down the street, smokin indo, sippin on gin and juice (beeotch!!)
Laid back [with my mind on my money and my money on my mind]
[Click to view comic: 'Comic Contest #9: All your "soft-money" are belong to us!']

---
http://wally.pgbco.com

2-28-01 7:53pm (new)

Jael
Resident Wench

Member Rated:

quote:
When you care enough to send the very best...

Obi....classic...I'm crying over here!

Ya'll make me feel so damn lame...I gotta work on my funnybones!

---
Women are fisher's of men because we all know.... The small ones you throw back. The medium ones you eat. The large ones you mount.

3-01-01 5:22am (new)

ObiJo
Eamus Catuli

Member Rated:

Oh, you probably say that to all the dysfuctional comics.

If you want to work on your funnybone, do what most of us do when we find we're starting to lose our funny edge: watch 10 hours of Bugs Bunny, 10 hours of Cheers, and 10 hours of Dan Quayle. But avoid at ALL COSTS Full House, Al Gore, and Curly Joe. They are the anti-funny.

---

3-01-01 10:05am (new)

wirthling
supercalifragilisticexpialadosucks

Member Rated:

[Click to view comic: 'Comic Contest #9: And vhere's the Vhite House furniture?']

---
"And Wirthling isn't worth the paper he isn't printed on."

3-01-01 4:30pm (new)

evil_d
Riding through your town with his head on fire

Member Rated:

[Click to view comic: 'Comic Contest #9 - He's an insane, semi-literate evangelist']

Hardest contest yet.

You know, I wrote this whole thing having completely forgotten about the movie-title rule. Then I reread the rules and saw it. Then I said "argh". Then I said, wait a minute, Brother Can You Spare a Dime must be the title of some movie. As it turned out, I was right.

Maybe I'm stretching the rule a bit, but if I am, my official statement on that matter is "bite me". It took me forever to dream up this comic. It started out with the letter guy being a semi-literate guerilla priest, then a semi-literate Shakespearean actor, then I was going to put on the Tempest -- I think Deuce would make a great Caliban -- but I abandoned that since I didn't feel like rereading the Tempest, so eventually I went back to something that was closer to my first idea than anything.

You know what sucks? When you see people post entries that are much funnier than any idea you're currently contemplating. On the one hand, I suppose I'm fortunate to be surrounded by such comedic genius, but on the other hand, it's kind of sad when I already know I've lost even before I've decided what my entry will be. So why do I enter anyway? To stretch my creative muscles, and because maybe Dan will find my strip funnier than I do. :)

---
The what mentioned above is total fiction. Please don't take it seriously!

3-01-01 5:57pm (new)

gabe_billings

Member Rated:

Shit. I completely forgot about the movie title until evil_d mentioned it. By the looks of it, I wasn't the only one. I felt pretty dumb, and wondered if I should just go make another strip, then I realized I could probably weasel out of it. I'm sure almost anyone who forgot the movie title can do what I did and redeem themselves.

I took a little trip over to IMDB.com and started plugging in plausible movie titles. I tried 'Dear Lord', 'Poor Boy', 'Play a Game' and 'Stand Up' with no luck.

Then I realized I was being dumb and could use single words. I think I checked most of them and came up with the following movie titles in my strip:

'Steel','Play','Dad','Accident'(5 of these!),'Game' and finally 'You'.

So without even trying I ended up with six. So I'm guessing most people can swing it.

Maybe I could have been a little more creative and tried to work it in from the beginning, but I enjoy slipping through the cracks much more.

Gabe

---

3-01-01 6:46pm (new)

wirthling
supercalifragilisticexpialadosucks

Member Rated:

I so didn't forget about the movie title requirement!

I think you may recall those great TV movies "It" (based on a gargantuan Stephen King novel about a homicidal space-spider-clown) and "V" (a sci-fi movie about reptilian alien invaders).

OK, I forgot...

---
"And Wirthling isn't worth the paper he isn't printed on."

3-01-01 9:05pm (new)

Bottlerockett
Member - Tobor Fan Club

Member Rated:

Hah-HAAAH! You can all suck on the shimmering rod of the mighty All-Father Odin as penance for you dubious crimes! Only the most wirthless of Heroes remembered to come forth-right with "Movie Titles" in their "Comic-Strips"! Forsooth! All your baseth happen to be belonging to mine frothy personance!!

---
http://wally.pgbco.com

3-01-01 9:44pm (new)

ObiJo
Eamus Catuli

Member Rated:

On mine I was about to write And Action Jackson, but only got to "And Action..." before those damn interfering periods pushed their way into the sentence.

Also, AND is a little known documentary (or rockumentary since it was set to the songs of Flock of Seagulls) about Argentina's Natural Disasters. A disturbing look at the people and places affected by Argentina's truly unique natural disaster called the Ass Gap, some kind of rift in the space-time fabric.

And the oscar goes to...

---

3-02-01 8:48am (new)

gabe_billings

Member Rated:

Maybe you should pretend that you once saw some uppity art-house flick called ' '. That'll get you off the hook.

Gabe

---

3-02-01 9:17am (new)

VorTeX
Stripcreator Newbie

Member Rated:

This ones for 'ole Ludwig Van.

[Click to view comic: 'Eyes Wide Shut indeed (Fun with Kubrik!)']

--
VorTeX

"Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day;
Give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish"

---
"Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day; Give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish"

3-02-01 4:35pm (new)

BigEvilDan
Comic Overlord

Member Rated:

Judging is in progress, please stand by...

---

3-02-01 5:15pm (new)

Stripcreator » Comic Competitions » Comic Contest #9

reload page with comics

Jump to:

Post A Reply

stripcreator
Make a comic
Your comics
Create account
Forums
Help