stripcreator forums
stripcreator chat | forum search
Jump to:

Stripcreator » Comic Competitions » Comic Cup VIII - The Serial Cup

Author

Bazilla
Comic Overlord

Member Rated:

I think Israphael has gone crying cos he lost, he'll be here by this evening judging CC 97, so if he doesn't vote then, then we'll have to get the Mob, or force him to listen to Boyzone, either ways fine.

---
I am not 16 going on not 17, I know that I'm naive.

2-03-02 4:29am (new)
quote : comics : pm : info

skagg
Comic Overlord

Member Rated:

hmmm, looks like i made a **** up of the quoting there, but y'all know what i meant

you do!

and if ya dont ya will

[mrs doyle]ya will ya will ya will[/mrs doyle]

---
Who knows what fear lurks in the hearts of men? MIKE BOBSICO KNOWS! And if you give him a decent tip when he delivers your mail , he might tell you.

2-03-02 4:48am (new)

fuzzyman
Alpha Geek

Member Rated:

quote:
I think Israphael has gone crying cos he lost, he'll be here by this evening judging CC 97, so if he doesn't vote then, then we'll have to get the Mob, or force him to listen to Boyzone, either ways fine.
Bazilla... for future reference. In my experience, the best policy in a Comic Cup is to keep quiet when people are on voting your comic. When people are voting on mine, I try not to say a thing (at least not anything related to the contest) until a winner is declared. Otherwise, I run the risk of saying something that will sway someone's vote against me.

I get the impression that is what happened with skagg's vote (though maybe I'm wrong). Skagg was on the fence and then you said something about wirthling, and then skagg voted for wirthling. Then a whole bunch of wirthling votes came in. Maybe there is no relationship between the two, but I know that commenting on your opponent, why you are getting votes, or implying that you might get votes because of regional allegiances can only hurt you.

Most of the regulars around here will vote based only on the comic, I think. My impressions is that they have always given props to those who do good strips (e.g., habnem, the "power newbie"). But if someone is undecided, you don't want to give him/her/it a reason to vote against you.

Sorry, I sound like I'm lecturing here... I'm just trying to give you some friendly advice. You are honestly anxious about the outcome. I was, too in my first Cup.

---
...Trot and Cap'n Bill were free from anxiety and care. Button-Bright never worried about anything. The Scarecrow, not being able to sleep, looked out of the window and tried to count the stars.

2-03-02 5:12am (new)

Bazilla
Comic Overlord

Member Rated:

I have had this on my mind, and deleted many, many posts relising it may make things bad, I love israphael really, you're the coolest! Israphael, if there is anyone cooler than you, then I haven't met them. (whispers to fuzzyman) "Is that better?"

:-)

---

2-03-02 5:18am (new)

fuzzyman
Alpha Geek

Member Rated:

I think you missed my point, Baz. It's better to say nothing.

---
...Trot and Cap'n Bill were free from anxiety and care. Button-Bright never worried about anything. The Scarecrow, not being able to sleep, looked out of the window and tried to count the stars.

2-03-02 5:25am (new)

skagg
Comic Overlord

Member Rated:

in my case of voting i wasnt swayed this time by saying something stupid mainly because i didnt read most of bazilla's posts but then in the past i have been swayed by stupidity

this time it was just a case of im tired of cornholing and the taxi line made me think of an old sketch on a tv show i loved

---
Who knows what fear lurks in the hearts of men? MIKE BOBSICO KNOWS! And if you give him a decent tip when he delivers your mail , he might tell you.

2-03-02 5:46am (new)

Bazilla
Comic Overlord

Member Rated:

I'm tired of cornholing, but without that, there would be no joke what so ever, my mind was (once again) blank.

---

2-03-02 6:12am (new)

KajunFirefly
chooby digital (in stereo)

Member Rated:

END THIS!!

END THIS NOW!!!

ANDY, JUST VOTE, FOR WIRTHLING'S SAKE DAMMIT!!

I'm sure he must be rocking back and forth in a darkened room just refreshing this page over and over again.

---
Dad was flammable | kajunfirefly@gmail.com

2-03-02 6:17am (new)

Bazilla
Comic Overlord

Member Rated:

LOL! Sort of thing someone would make a comic about.......oh **** that, I can't be bothered.

---

2-03-02 6:22am (new)

Bazilla
Comic Overlord

Member Rated:

More bored than I thought I was.
[Click to view comic: 'Wirthling's Hell']

---

2-03-02 6:29am (new)

skagg
Comic Overlord

Member Rated:

quote:
I'm tired of cornholing, but without that, there would be no joke what so ever, my mind was (once again) blank.

thats why it wasnt worth the vote

---

2-03-02 10:34am (new)

wirthling
supercalifragilisticexpialadosucks

Member Rated:

quote:
I'm sure he must be rocking back and forth in a darkened room just refreshing this page over and over again.

Um, not really.

---
"And Wirthling isn't worth the paper he isn't printed on."

2-03-02 11:51am (new)

KajunFirefly

Member Rated:

Must just be the rest of us then...

actually, before the boredom set in, I formed a skiffle band with some of Europe's most talented artists. We called ourselves "80's Wedding Reception" and travelled all over the world, we had a lot of success in Canada for some reason, I guess their music scene must be a little desperate.

Anyway, Pete (the lead washboard player) let his cocaine habit get out of hand and eventually set sail for Japan in a kitchen sink, which left us short of one man (and Katie without an instrument).

So, I came back to Scotland, to relaunch my career as an 'Item Recognition Laser Consultant' at the local Safeways.

---

2-03-02 12:07pm (new)

andydougan
Film critic subordinaire

Member Rated:

We'll wait for israphael, who, with any luck, will vote tonight when he judges his contest. If ladyj hasn't voted by that time then sorry, Baz, but you're out and I'll start the next match through a veil of tears.

2-03-02 12:26pm (new)

DH-01
Stripcreator Regular

Member Rated:

In a totally unrelated comment, I like pizza.

-DH1
Likes pizza. AND SODOMY.

---
Needs more sodomy.

2-03-02 2:14pm (new)

israphael
Stripcreator Veteran

Member Rated:

Sorry for the delay. I'm still having problems with my computer. I decided to build one on my own, then install Linux. Not going well, only half the peripherals are working. Had to set up the old computer in order to connect with the outside world.

That said, now my vote. (If it still is needed.)

My vote goes to wirthling. Loved the idea of attacking the guards with hammer and nail plus the "Taxi" line.

---
"Nothing expresses the brutal grandeur of rectal polyps and anal fistulae quite like the mother-tongue of Goethe."

2-03-02 11:00pm (new)

ladyjdotnet
Snitcreator

Member Rated:

Even if Bazilla weren't being an annoying ****y dork, I'd have to vote for wirthling's comic, because it was better by far.

Sorry for the delay, folks. Life's been hectic this weekend. My computer's now Nimda free, but it's also old-files-with-sentimental-value free.

israphael: next time you build a computer, stay away from using a plywood cover and that hamster-in-wheel processor.

---
I am a delicate ****ing flower.

2-04-02 6:10am (new)

andydougan
Film critic subordinaire

Member Rated:

I'm probably meant to be impartial, but I have a hard time understanding how this was such a close match. Some of you people have weird tastes.

Winner of Round 1, Match 2: wirthling

Round 1, Match 3

DH-01 vs fuzzyman

Follow up "Crims and Misdemeanors".

The rule:

• Include the line "I can't believe it's not butter", but replace "butter" with whatever you want. Multiple words allowed.

Can Captain Redundant and Corporal Apathy succeed in holding up the shop successfully, armed only with a hammer and nail? Does anyone even care? Watch this space!

You have 24 hours, D&f.

2-04-02 6:33am (new)

Bazilla
Comic Overlord

Member Rated:

I'm glad I went out by voting and not by people not voting, Wirthling you might want to start reading he dictionary for your next round.

---

2-04-02 8:38am (new)

wirthling
supercalifragilisticexpialadosucks

Member Rated:

quote:
Wirthling you might want to start reading he dictionary for your next round.

Um, why?

---
"And Wirthling isn't worth the paper he isn't printed on."

2-04-02 9:34am (new)

KajunFirefly

Member Rated:

I'm guessing he has some wacky rule cooked up for you.

---

2-04-02 10:05am (new)

Bazilla
Comic Overlord

Member Rated:

Yeah, and Kajun's statement would've broken it, and so has mine already.

---

2-04-02 10:16am (new)

DH-01
Stripcreator Regular

Member Rated:

I suck horribly, and fail to find this comic funny, but I shall submit it anyway. Perhaps it's the lack of SODOMY in this strip. Anyway, here.

[Click to view comic: 'Comic Cup 8: Crim-iny!']

Bleh, no inspiration whatsoever.

-DH1
Wah, I hate work.

---
Needs more sodomy.

2-04-02 11:49am (new)

fuzzyman
Alpha Geek

Member Rated:

[Click to view comic: 'Comic Cup 8: Crim de la Crim']

---

2-04-02 7:15pm (new)

BigEvilDan
Comic Overlord

Member Rated:

fuzzyman

---
"Oh, look, a joke! How original! Thank you, but if I wanted my emotions stimulated pleasurably, I'd get a *****." - Donald B. Jones III

2-04-02 7:20pm (new)

Stripcreator » Comic Competitions » Comic Cup VIII - The Serial Cup

reload page with comics

Jump to:

Post A Reply

stripcreator
Make a comic
Your comics
Create account
Forums
Help