Important notice about the future of Stripcreator (Updated: May 2nd, 2023)

stripcreator forums
Jump to:

Stripcreator » Fights Go Here » This is your war. This is your war on drugs.

Author

KajunFirefly
chooby digital (in stereo)

Member Rated:

Man, you kick ass!

---
Dad was flammable

2-08-02 7:57pm (new)
quote : comics : pm : info

wirthling
supercalifragilisticexpialadosucks

Member Rated:

I'm extremely jealous of boorite's Lexis-Nexis access. They still charge a boatload for that service, don't they?

---
"And Wirthling isn't worth the paper he isn't printed on."

2-08-02 8:01pm (new)

Spankling
Looking for love in ALL the wrong places, baby!

Member Rated:

I'm extremely jealous of boorite's ability to put together the facts so they don't sound like ranting. I bet he even keeps the spittle in his mouth when he says this stuff. I gotta learn to do that. Maybe then people will take the truth seriously.

---
"Jelly-belly gigglin, dancin and a-wigglin, honey that's the way I am!" Janice the Muppet

2-08-02 9:32pm (new)

boorite
crazy knife lady

Member Rated:

Wirthling, you can get access to Lexis-Nexis either by enrolling in a course on a subscribing campus, or by going to a library on such a campus. You live pretty close to UMBC-- you could use L/N there.

But the problem is that most people-- even the few who know how to do the research and are inclined to criticize policy-- are way too busy to drive half an hour and spend hours searching these databases. That's why propaganda can work even in a free and open information environment. It's the sheer weight and volume of the claims rather than their plausibility.

Spankles, most of the time, the spittle stays in my mouth, except when I'm really hungry or drunk or both. Then you have to keep your distance.

But really, the facts speak so strongly that it's unnecessary to embellish them with emotional filigree. I do it anyway, but it's unnecessary. Simple recitation of the facts is usually enough to elicit outrage from apologists for the state. Check it out: Next party you go to, try saying that the US invaded Vietnam. This straightforward description of uncontroversial historical fact will instantly make you a Commie lunatic in the eyes of some.

It's especially fun if there are journalists at the party.

---
What others say about boorite!

2-09-02 6:56am (new)

djsparkydog
Member - Tobor Fan Club

Member Rated:

Boorite... I don't know you, but I like you.

I just had an almost identical conversation with my co-workers today... I mention Brzezinski and I get this glazed look from 8 people, followed by one person attempting to fake knowing what I was talking about.

Apparently if it doesn't happen in the US in the last ten minutes the average populous just doesn't care.

---
HAH! GORILLA, right there!

2-09-02 5:42pm (new)

boorite
crazy knife lady

Member Rated:

I just had a most interesting Sunday evening. Sitting at the bar in Kramerbooks in DC, I got into a conversation with a real, live Associated Press reporter. She'd been a foreign correspondent in Saudi Arabia during the Gulf War, and she told me the Saudis treated her like dirt because she was a woman. Anyway, the most interesting part was when I brought up Brzezinski. Although this reporter sometimes reads Le Nouvel Observateur, she was completely unaware of what had happened in Afghanistan under the Carter administration. She seemed outraged about it and told me she would bring it up with her pals at AP, the Post, and the NYT.

Maybe this will go to show that you can make a difference just by reading up and talking about stuff to anyone who'll listen. I could not believe that I was actually sitting there having a conversation with an AP correspondent and telling her stuff that pissed her off. It was like a dream. I'll have to hang around Washington more often.

She also said the Washington Post was a shitty place to work because they basically hire all these kids for cheap and they write crap news. That sure explains a lot.

---

2-11-02 7:48am (new)

wirthling

Member Rated:

Is this a joke?

Excerpt:

"A report in the Washington Post on Monday said the individuals hit in the strike had been peasants collecting scrap metal.

American officials said last week they believed the targets were al-Qaida members, in part because of their Arab-style dress.

The Feb. 4 Hellfire missile strike was conducted by a CIA-operated Predator drone and an unknown number of people were killed.

"We do not know who were the individuals at the strike site," Stufflebeem said, adding at another point, "The indications were there, that there was something untoward that we needed to make go away."

The admiral declined to specify what was occurring, citing concerns about the secrecy of intelligence operations. He said it may take some time to be able to determine who might have been hit in the strike."

Let's see--they don't know who these people were but they were dressed like Arabs and they may have been doing something "untoward." Yeah, better kill 'em just in case. Sheesh.

---

2-11-02 11:47am (new)

boorite
crazy knife lady

Member Rated:

Same thing happened with some frequency in Kosovo.

---

2-11-02 1:00pm (new)

pita
La fille qui a joué avec le feu

Member Rated:

http://www.nytimes.com/2002/02/10/international/asia/10AFGH.html?

---
“It is only with the heart that one sees rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.” - The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (1945)

2-11-02 3:43pm (new)

Haxx0r_K1ng
Junior Comic Technician

Member Rated:

+he US M1l1t@ry @ppe@r@ntly h@s s0me pretty 733+ sk1llz.

*S1gh...*

---
Tempt th33 n0t my 733+ sk177z!!!

2-11-02 5:10pm (new)

Gumby
Stripcreator Newbie

Member Rated:

Thanks for playing!

Winners don't do drugs!

Capcom

2-22-02 7:23pm (new)

Spankling
Looking for love in ALL the wrong places, baby!

Member Rated:

If pot is a drug then you might as well add sugar, caffeine, chocolate and turkey to the list. But at least I wasn't as big of a stoner as the current president of the USA. Or at least I have no arrest record to prove it.

---
"Jelly-belly gigglin, dancin and a-wigglin, honey that's the way I am!" Janice the Muppet

2-22-02 8:32pm (new)

KajunFirefly
chooby digital (in stereo)

Member Rated:

I don't do drugs, I just smoke weed.

---
Dad was flammable

2-23-02 4:04am (new)

wirthling

Member Rated:

I just saw a hilarious commercial. There's a woman talking about her daughter. At the end, she says something like, "And she doesn't take drugs. I know, because I ask."

HAAAAHAAAAAAAHAAAAAHAHAHAHAAAAAAHAHAHAAAA!!!

*cough*

HAHAAAAHAAAAAHAAAHAHAHAHAAAAHAAHAAAA!!!

---

3-13-02 10:53pm (new)

djsparkydog
Member - Tobor Fan Club

Member Rated:

I think that may be funny enough to get forwarded to my newsgroup... I'm going to go find that commercial.

---
HAH! GORILLA, right there!

3-14-02 2:00pm (new)

boorite
crazy knife lady

Member Rated:

"Sweetie, do you take drugs?"

"You bet your ass I do, bitch. How else am I going to put up with you and El Generalissimo over there? Oops, I mean, no I never touch the shit."

"Good."

"I am so stoned."

---

3-15-02 12:33pm (new)

DexX
What the Cat Dragged In

Member Rated:

"Honey, do you take drugs?"

"What? No way!"

"Good, dear, that's nice to know..."

"If I tried to take my dealer's wares, he'd break my fucking fingers. I have to pay for that shit!"

---
This signature has performed an illegal operation and has been shut down.

3-15-02 9:29pm (new)

fuzzyman
Alpha Geek

Member Rated:

"Honey, do you take drugs?"

"No."

"That's good, dear. DAMN! We're out of beer!! Goddammit, I need a cigarette..."

---
...Trot and Cap'n Bill were free from anxiety and care. Button-Bright never worried about anything. The Scarecrow, not being able to sleep, looked out of the window and tried to count the stars.

3-16-02 1:50pm (new)

Kevin_Keegans_Perm
Bean There, Done That

Member Rated:

"Honey , do you take drugs?"

"Hell no Mom"

"Well , do your friends , the pink elephants , take drugs"?

"Mom , can i have a puppy?"

---
"Life Sucks, Then you Die. The bit inbetween isnt very funny either"

3-21-02 4:13pm (new)

Stripcreator » Fights Go Here » This is your war. This is your war on drugs.

reload page with comics

Jump to:

Post A Reply

stripcreator
Make a comic
Your comics
Create account
Forums
Help
comics
Random Comic
Comic Contests