Important notice about the future of Stripcreator (Updated: May 2nd, 2023)

stripcreator forums
Jump to:

Stripcreator » General Discussion » I Am a Colossal Geek

Author

gabe_billings
President and CEO of Wirthlingsux Inc.

Member Rated:

Check out his phat ass rhymes.

mc hawking

---
100 pounds of shit in a 25 pound sack.

8-14-01 1:06pm (new)
quote : comics : pm : info

descolada99
The Prodigal Son Has Returned

Member Rated:

MC Hawking in the hizzouse!!! MC Hawking rocks my world man. He's keepin' it real from the streets yo!

okay, I think I need some medication. Hey resident herion addict, got any suggestions?

---
"Fascist Clay was my most favorite totalitarian boxer!" - Indie Rock Pete from Diesel Sweeties

8-14-01 1:12pm (new)

fugobo
Stripcreator Newbie

Member Rated:

wow. i never ever browse the forums but i just saw this and i remember when that 10k comic was made and i was sad that i didn't make it. good times...

8-14-01 9:11pm (new)

DexX
What the Cat Dragged In

Member Rated:

I just thought I should point out that Mr Gabriel Billings is a colossal geek.

It hadn't been mentioned for a while.

Hey, Gabe, do something to demonstrate what a geek you are!

---
This signature has performed an illegal operation and has been shut down.

8-15-01 6:47am (new)

skagg
Comic Overlord

Member Rated:

has anyone ever noticed that the spinning red evil face thing from tron looks a lot like moses from that south park episode

unfortunately i have failed to be enough of a colossal geek to find pictures of either despite my best efforts

---
Who knows what fear lurks in the hearts of men? MIKE BOBSICO KNOWS! And if you give him a decent tip when he delivers your mail , he might tell you.

8-15-01 12:05pm (new)

wirthling
supercalifragilisticexpialadosucks

Member Rated:

I'm fairly sure that was intended.

---
"And Wirthling isn't worth the paper he isn't printed on."

8-15-01 12:26pm (new)

skagg
Comic Overlord

Member Rated:

probably

but on a different note

where does everyone's sign in name come from, ie the meaning or origin etc etc

this hit me a minute ago cuz the hollnd england football match is boring semms we just let in 2 goals in 1 minute and i started to think about crabby and why the fuck he would call himself that

mine is becase i used to look alot like a skagg addict (hence also the sig) what with the unkempt clothes/ hair and the contant bags under my eyes and unexplicable red spots in the inside of my elbows

explain away mon amies

---
Who knows what fear lurks in the hearts of men? MIKE BOBSICO KNOWS! And if you give him a decent tip when he delivers your mail , he might tell you.

8-15-01 1:17pm (new)

Spankling
Looking for love in ALL the wrong places, baby!

Member Rated:

Thanks for askin
[Click to view comic: 'So, Why "Spankling?"']

---
"Jelly-belly gigglin, dancin and a-wigglin, honey that's the way I am!" Janice the Muppet

8-15-01 1:24pm (new)

Spankling
Looking for love in ALL the wrong places, baby!

Member Rated:

and that brings up the question...
[Click to view comic: 'Why would your father and minister set you up with a whore?']
Good old dad.

---
"Jelly-belly gigglin, dancin and a-wigglin, honey that's the way I am!" Janice the Muppet

8-15-01 1:25pm (new)

wirthling

Member Rated:

People who know me often think I must have come from another planet, and that I must have been the only inhabitant of that planet. So, instead of being an earthling from planet earth, I am a "wirthling" from planet "wirth" (my surname).

I originally decided to use it on AOL Instant Messenger, because my first dozen or so choices for a screen name were already taken. Now I use "wirthling" whenever I need to register for any web site, because that way I don't have to remember multiple log-ins and it seems that "wirthling" is always available.

---

8-15-01 1:30pm (new)

evil_d
Riding through your town with his head on fire

Member Rated:

http://justice.loyola.edu/~mcoffey/self/handles.html

I tried to get the name "evil_deceiver" when I first came here, but it was already taken. Possibly I registered it myself but the password never got mailed to me and I somehow forgot that I'd even tried. This doesn't seem likely, but neither does the other possibility, which is that someone else is out there using my nick, and that that someone just happened to find the Strip Creator by mid-January, and registered the nick, but never used it.

I explained this before in an earlier thread. Gabe's wife said I sounded like a pretentious philosophical rapper. Then she hit Gabe. I would have just linked that thread, except it seems that we can't view threads that old anymore, which is a terrible loss for people like me who have to write FAQs about this place.

---
The what mentioned above is total fiction. Please don't take it seriously!

8-15-01 2:31pm (new)

kaufman
Director of Cats

Member Rated:

Probably safe to say that my handle's the most boring one here ... it's my last name!

My first Unix account was some 18 years ago; that was my logname, and I've been using it ever since. I've never been one to pick up any lasting nicks (save for an unflattering one or two that I'd just as soon bury), and I've never felt any need to hide much online. So here I am, au natural, so to speak.

Now if you ask why that name, my father's father (or perhaps the folks at Ellis Island) wanted something a little more anglicized than the name he had in the Old Country.

---
ken.kaufman@gmail.com

8-15-01 4:28pm (new)

bunnerabb
Some bloke.

Member Rated:

I used to do a comic strip called "Bunnerabb In The Big Wide City", mostly for my own amusement. I had a couple of offers to publish it in some local rags, but they wanted one panel gags, and this was a strip. It featured Bunnerabb, our hero and a returning-to-college-at-35 type guy who meets his ex-girlfriend, Bunny, a much younger woman, and makes new friends. These friends were:

Weasle, (a weasle, oddly) and a caustic computer nerd, and PC and Joanee, two big nosed bear chicks who are sisters. They all went to Comatose State University.

Hilarity ensues.

Blah, blah, blah.

---
I wanted my half in the middle and I wound up on the edge.

8-15-01 5:42pm (new)

Drexle
Your Cure for Lameness

Member Rated:

It began as many things in life are want to... in an 80s sitcom.

My handle comes from a D&D session that I was playing in several years ago, and the DM required us to play as this funky lizard/insect race called "D'reng." For the life of me, I couldn't figure out what to name my new wizard, so as I was flipping through the channels on TV noticed a Drixoral cough syrup commercial. I thought that sounded appropriate enough for a lizard/insect thingy, but wanted something a little different... it was then that I flashed back to an 80s sitcom called "Mr. Drexel's Class." Just transpose the 'el' and you've got my name.

I've since seen the name actually appear in a Super Nintendo game... the one based on Lord of the Rings (a TERRIBLE game if I've ever played one), and there was a wizard named "Drexle" in that too.

8-15-01 6:31pm (new)

gabe_billings

Member Rated:

Probably safe to say that my handle's more boring than kaufman's... it's my first name and my last name, separated by an underscore!

I'm not sure how the rest of you (aside from wirthling) handle it, but I have scores of various web sites at which I've registered at one time or another. A number of them are fairly important, like investing/banking/credit cards, etc. Rather than try to think up new and interesting logins, since most of them are already taken anyway, I always use gabe_billings, or gabebillings. I also only have a few passwords that I use. My favorite is an 8-digit random letter/digit combination that got me into my Unix account in college. For some reason I couldn't personalize it for a few months and I ended up memorizing it. Sooner or later I'll get around to changing my passwords to make it harder for no-goodniks like wirthling to steal my money, but right now I'm too lazy.

---

8-15-01 7:32pm (new)

wirthling

Member Rated:

I already checked out your account. You can keep your $36.53.

---

8-15-01 7:35pm (new)

wirthling

Member Rated:

I already checked out your account. You can keep your $36.53.

By the way, I noticed another thing while exploring your accounts -- it's time for you to renew your subscription to goateed-geekboy-buttlove.com.

---

8-15-01 7:40pm (new)

DexX
What the Cat Dragged In

Member Rated:

[Click to view comic: 'A very uninteresting online nick origin story...']

Yes, yet another meaningless nick derived from an RPG session in the late eighties. Well, Car Wars is hardly an RPG, but it was an RPG weekend (and the first time I saw Akira, so a damned good weekend, really).

Decker was my computer game name for years (or Mike Decker if they required a first name). I have a handful of other names that I use in various RPG situations and computer games, all of them from RPGs, computer games, and MUDs I have been on...

Argmannon is probably my favourite. This one has grown into a bit of an alter ego.

---

8-15-01 10:29pm (new)

crabby
I have an awesome avatar.

Member Rated:

My girlfriends nick name for me is crabby. Not because I have crabs.
One time she wanted me to go out with her and one of her friends and I told her i was tired and didn't feel like it and called me a crabby bastard.
AND NOW YOU KNOW THE REST OF THE STORY

8-15-01 10:29pm (new)

wirthling

Member Rated:

quote:
My girlfriends nick name for me is crabby. Not because I have crabs.
One time she wanted me to go out with her and one of her friends and I told her i was tired and didn't feel like it and called me a crabby bastard.

I think I'll call you bastard from now on...

---

8-15-01 10:43pm (new)

DexX
What the Cat Dragged In

Member Rated:

Yep, the rest of the story goes thus: you were enraged at your girlfriend, but felt powerless about it, so you then started murdering drunk old winos in dark alleys and carving message into their chests with a stanley knife. The most famous one was, "DON'T CALL ME CRABBY". A lesser known one was "I DON'T SUCK DICK". The press came to call you The Crabby Killer, but that's too long for a screen nick...

And now we know the whole story.

---

8-15-01 10:48pm (new)

crabby
I have an awesome avatar.

Member Rated:

quote:

Yep, the rest of the story goes thus: you were enraged at your girlfriend, but felt powerless about it, so you then started murdering drunk old winos in dark alleys and carving message into their chests with a stanley knife. The most famous one was, "DON'T CALL ME CRABBY". A lesser known one was "I DON'T SUCK DICK". The press came to call you The Crabby Killer, but that's too long for a screen nick...

Yeah thats exactly what happened.

8-15-01 11:03pm (new)

descolada99
The Prodigal Son Has Returned

Member Rated:

Mine comes from the Ender's Game series of books by Orson Scott Card. In like the third book or so, there's this symbiotic virus that gives life to an entire planet. I just thought it sounded cool, so I started using it. Added the '99' to the end in ... 1999... because someone had stolen 'descolada' when I was setting up a Yahoo account. Now I use descolada99 for just about everything.

---
"Fascist Clay was my most favorite totalitarian boxer!" - Indie Rock Pete from Diesel Sweeties

8-16-01 10:03am (new)

NeoVid
Stripcreator Irregular

Member Rated:

And mine has its origin as yet another obscure reference.

Anyone here ever been Virtual World, those places with the Battletech simulators? Well, they require you to pick a callsign. I chose "Vid", since it sounded fairly good.

A little while later, I became an anime fan. Remember Robotech? Well, I made my nickname into a Robotech reference by adding an "N". Then I got sick of people asking what the N stood for.

...Gee, I guess it didn't start as a reference.

And something interesting I've found is that ever though there are zillions of people online who have "vid" or "neo" as parts of their name, I'm the only one who ever put them together. Hell, I mananged to get neovid@hotmail.com to myself, and if that doesn't prove no one else uses that name...

---
"Only things I approve of should exist." -some guy on the internet

8-16-01 2:58pm (new)

gabe_billings

Member Rated:

Amazon scares me.

I bought my wife The Full Monty for a birthday present in the fall of '99. Two years later, Big Brother Amazon sends me a letter beginning thusly:

quote:
[i]
Dear Gabe Billings,
As someone who has purchased heartfelt British comedy videos, you might like to know that Billy Elliot will be released on August 28, 2001, on VHS. For the next few days, you can pre-order your copy at a savings of 13% by following the link below. [/i]

---

8-16-01 8:03pm (new)

Stripcreator » General Discussion » I Am a Colossal Geek

reload page with comics

Jump to:

Post A Reply

stripcreator
Make a comic
Your comics
Create account