Important notice about the future of Stripcreator (Updated: May 2nd, 2023)

stripcreator forums
Jump to:

Stripcreator » Comic Competitions » CC106: Yes, Yes, oh Yes!

Author

kaufman
Director of Cats

Member Rated:

3-15-02 7:46am (new)
quote : comics : pm : info

DexX
What the Cat Dragged In

Member Rated:

First, my dodgy entries...

[Click to view comic: 'CC106: Starship Trooper'][Click to view comic: 'CC106: Roundabout'][Click to view comic: 'The Calling of the Almost Famous Owner of a Lonely Heart']

It wasn't until after I had saved that last one that "Almost Famous" was a movie soundtrack they contributed to, not an actual song title. Oh well...

After those ones, I decided to have a go at a series. Here it is...

[Click to view comic: 'CC106: Sound Chaser, one - Walls'][Click to view comic: 'CC106: Sound Chaser, two - Leave it'][Click to view comic: 'CC106: Sound Chaser, three - The Calling'][Click to view comic: 'CC106: Sound Chaser, four - Sound Chaser'][Click to view comic: 'CC106: Sound Chaser, five: Wondrous Stories']

For those who didn't notice, the pre-orgasmic exclamations in the first panel of the last strip are made up of four Yes song titles, no extra words. I was proud of that little detail. Detracting from that was the song title "Awaken" staring me in the face a moment after saving the first strip. Oh well... again...

---
This signature has performed an illegal operation and has been shut down.

3-15-02 8:39am (new)

andydougan
Film critic subordinaire

Member Rated:

Actually, it was a movie soundtrack even before you saved that strip.

3-15-02 9:24am (new)

TheBlairZip
Makes a Great Meal

Member Rated:

[Click to view comic: 'No Opportunity Necessary, No Experience Required']

---
If it wasn't for bad luck I wouldn't have no luck at all. D'OH!

3-15-02 3:09pm (new)

Kitty_Kat
Stripcreator Regular

Member Rated:

[Click to view comic: 'White Car']
Just so you know. I think this is one of the most retarded cc themes I've ever seen. There are too many rules to make it rightly funny. I hope you also remember to take off points from all of the many people who obviosly broke one of your way too stupid rules. I know I have about no right to say anything, but I'm not going to be some subjective little wimp anymore.

---
My life totally and completely REEKS.

3-15-02 5:50pm (new)

kaufman
Director of Cats

Member Rated:

3-15-02 8:20pm (new)

fpd
Doctor of Fine Parody

Member Rated:

quote:
[Click to view comic: 'White Car']
Just so you know. I think this is one of the most retarded cc themes I've ever seen. There are too many rules to make it rightly funny.

You just have to say to yourself, "Yes, I can do it. Yes, I can do it. Yes, yes, yes, I can do it. Yes I can. Yes, yes, yes." Remember, without hope you cannot start the day. You just have to release, release your creativity.

quote:

I hope you also remember to take off points from all of the many people who obviosly broke one of your way too stupid rules.

If I had any stupid rules, I would just disqualify entries for breaking them. I don't judge on a point basis.

quote:

I know I have about no right to say anything, but I'm not going to be some subjective little wimp anymore.

How about being an objective little wimp, a subjective big wimp, or a subjective little bully?

---
FPD is the foremost plague on discussion boards. Do your part to stomp out FPD.

3-16-02 9:47am (new)

NeoVid
Stripcreator Irregular

Member Rated:

quote:

I know I have about no right to say anything, but I'm not going to be some subjective little wimp anymore.

How about being an objective little wimp, a subjective big wimp, or a subjective little bully?

How about a submissive little wimp?

I probably should have let Spankling take that line, but oh well.

---
"Only things I approve of should exist." -some guy on the internet

3-16-02 4:24pm (new)

fuzzyman
Alpha Geek

Member Rated:

Actually, I have to thank FPD for thinking of this topic, because I discovered that excellent "Magnification" album in the course of my research. I was never much into Yes, but substituting the orchestra for the keyboards makes them sound completely different.

---
...Trot and Cap'n Bill were free from anxiety and care. Button-Bright never worried about anything. The Scarecrow, not being able to sleep, looked out of the window and tried to count the stars.

3-16-02 5:34pm (new)

TheElPaso
Senior Comic Technician

Member Rated:

[Click to view comic: 'Parallels']
[Click to view comic: 'Going for the One']
[Click to view comic: 'It Can Happen']

---
My love for you is like diarrhea, I just can't hold it in. -Weird Al Yankovic

3-16-02 6:27pm (new)

Kitty_Kat
Stripcreator Regular

Member Rated:

quote:

How about a submissive little wimp?

what I mean is that I'm not going to suck up and kiss ass anymore. I won't pay attention to any limitations set on me by much of any1. I've been watching these "unlocking Your Potential" tapes and theyt are full of crap and I do believe they rubbed it on me. Damn I hate it when that happens.maybe thats why my life sucks so much.........

Oh and your rules just sorta counter each other, and it can be a little confusing. So I guess the rules aren't as stupid.... Its the maker of the rules.... well whatever. I know my comic shits on ice so i'm not expecting anything. Espesially after all this crap I'm dishing back at you.

I think I'm gonna go shut off thoses tapes now......

---

3-16-02 7:53pm (new)

Kitty_Kat
Stripcreator Regular

Member Rated:

And here's another one that will make you cry.
[Click to view comic: 'Hold On']

---

3-16-02 7:59pm (new)

Namgubed
The Merry Elf

Member Rated:

Here's one featuring a Rush song title and puns a-plenty!

[Click to view comic: 'CC 80: La Villa Strangiatto']

Oops, wrong contest. But seriously, folks:

[Click to view comic: 'Wonderous Stories, by Jack Handey']

---
"There's no point in beating a dead horse ... except, of course, for the pure joy of it." - A. Whitney Brown

3-16-02 9:29pm (new)

Namgubed
The Merry Elf

Member Rated:

Ladies and gentlemen, *drumroll* - comic #62000!

[Click to view comic: 'Going for "The One"']

---
"There's no point in beating a dead horse ... except, of course, for the pure joy of it." - A. Whitney Brown

3-16-02 9:58pm (new)

fpd
Doctor of Fine Parody

Member Rated:

You're not going to be a Yesman?

quote:

Oh and your rules just sorta counter each other, and it can be a little confusing. So I guess the rules aren't as stupid.... Its the maker of the rules.... well whatever.

Yes, whatever is a good choice.

Yes, it seems awfully negative of you. That's the sort of thing I might expect from someone whose life totally and completely REEKS. But I wouldn't let it sway me against you if your comic was really good. Here's hoping your life gets better soon.

---

3-17-02 7:15pm (new)

fpd
Doctor of Fine Parody

Member Rated:

My favorite strips were these:

"Siberian Khatru" by kaufman
"Don't kill the Whale" by lara7
"Wonderous Stories, by Jack Handey" by Namgumed

and the winner is ...

lara7

---

3-17-02 7:21pm (new)

Stripcreator » Comic Competitions » CC106: Yes, Yes, oh Yes!

reload page with comics

Jump to:

Post A Reply

stripcreator
Make a comic
Your comics
Create account
Forums
Help
comics
Random Comic
Comic Contests