Important notice about the future of Stripcreator (Updated: May 2nd, 2023)

stripcreator forums
Jump to:

Stripcreator » Photoshop Valley » Photo Phreaking 35: Gone Fishin'

Author

ObiJo
Eamus Catuli

Member Rated:

I'll say. How'd you do it?

My good friend, the smudge tool. It's the tool that looks like a hand with one finger pointing downward, at least in my version of Photoshop. To extend pieces (like the tail in mine) you make sure "preserve transparency" (located right above the layers list) is turned off, and smudge with a fairly solid brush at 100% pressure. To clean up spots inside a shape, turn "preserve transparency" on, then... well, you have to experiment a bit. If the shape is a fairly flat colour with a spot on it that you don't want, a solid shape, 100% pressure, will usually be okay. If you have a scattered effect that you want to get rid of, a softer brush with a small amount of pressure (25% is my low pressure default) is good, and you kind of scirbble randomly in the area you want to normalise. Try to follow pre-existing patterns, and be sure not to smudge around the bits you are trying to remove.

Newer versions of Photoshop have a wonderful thing called "clone" which lets you select a small area, and then copy that bit all over a larger area. I wish I had that tool...

Ah, thank you, sir. I have now officially adopted you as my picture edit sensai.

I tried to find a patch for the clone command to thank you for the nice explanation, but alas, no luck. :(

So instead I give you boorite's Mastercard number: 09328-234922-10293

---
I ate a hooker half a bottle of knife.

6-11-02 4:11am (new)
quote : comics : pm : info

DexX
What the Cat Dragged In

Member Rated:

Hello? Expiration date? Sheesh!

---
This signature has performed an illegal operation and has been shut down.

6-11-02 6:27am (new)

DexX
What the Cat Dragged In

Member Rated:

Mindy's friends got fed up with her bragging about her best ever catch...

---

6-11-02 11:22am (new)

fuzzyman
Alpha Geek

Member Rated:

I was waiting for someone to do that. It was the first thing I thought of. But then, I'm a pervert.

---
...Trot and Cap'n Bill were free from anxiety and care. Button-Bright never worried about anything. The Scarecrow, not being able to sleep, looked out of the window and tried to count the stars.

6-11-02 11:50am (new)

JrnymnNate
I fling the shoddy polo stick

Member Rated:

It's interesting to see people take such an intrest in gay p0rn.

(ducks)

6-11-02 12:06pm (new)

KajunFirefly
chooby digital (in stereo)

Member Rated:

I had to change my phone number because of her, she just wouldn't stop calling.

---
Dad was flammable

6-11-02 12:06pm (new)

fuzzyman
Alpha Geek

Member Rated:

Actually, I get a chortle just imagining Dexx surfing for that pic, and then Bec comes in with a few questions...

Reminds me of how a few years ago where some co-workers were doing PC deployments in the state prisons. I found them a few gay prison rape stories for inspiration. Later that day, my wife pulled down my URL history to find a web site she'd been to and... I had to answer a few questions.

---
...Trot and Cap'n Bill were free from anxiety and care. Button-Bright never worried about anything. The Scarecrow, not being able to sleep, looked out of the window and tried to count the stars.

6-11-02 12:19pm (new)

Drexle
Your Cure for Lameness

Member Rated:

That "Biggest catch" was the first thing I thought of when I saw her too... but I *really* didn't want to go surfing for an apporpriate pic to put in her arms.

6-11-02 12:52pm (new)

fuzzyman
Alpha Geek

Member Rated:

Okay, I gotta judge this thing. I wish Dan and Dexx could share the prize, because they both had truly excellent entries.

In the end, I have to go with the guy who made the best rules-compliant entry, which would be...

Take it away, Dan.

"No matter what they say, I will not trust the Gorton's fisherman!"

---

6-11-02 6:47pm (new)

DexX
What the Cat Dragged In

Member Rated:

Damn you, fuzzyman...

Why must you punish me for ignoring what we are instructed to do and instead embarking on a formless free-association exercise?

You're so mean.

---

6-11-02 8:12pm (new)

ObiJo
Eamus Catuli

Member Rated:

Linearity is for bitches.

---

6-11-02 8:26pm (new)

ObiJo
Eamus Catuli

Member Rated:

I just realized the first letter of the words in that sentence are in descending order! Cool!

---

6-11-02 8:29pm (new)

DragonXero
I'm Here, You're Queer, Get Used to it

Member Rated:

What a geek.

---
Do you want ants? Because that's how you get ants.

6-12-02 1:07am (new)

fuzzyman
Alpha Geek

Member Rated:

That'll learn ya, ya whippersnapper!

---

6-12-02 3:55am (new)

KazKaden_the_Sheep
Stripcreator Newbie

Member Rated:

It's sacrilicious!!

---
Fish in other mans well and you will catch many crabs

8-17-02 10:28pm (new)

fuzzyman
Alpha Geek

Member Rated:

Why are you entering in contests that ended months ago?

---

8-17-02 10:35pm (new)

Stripcreator » Photoshop Valley » Photo Phreaking 35: Gone Fishin'

reload page with comics

Jump to:

Post A Reply

stripcreator
Make a comic
Your comics
Create account
Forums
Help