Important notice about the future of Stripcreator (Updated: May 2nd, 2023)

stripcreator forums
Jump to:

Stripcreator » Comic Competitions » Comic Cup IX

Author

wirthling
supercalifragilisticexpialadosucks

Member Rated:

Rules:

OK LISTEN UP YOU FILTHY MAGGOTS OR SO HELP ME GOD I'LL TEAR OFF YOUR HEAD AND SH--

*Ahem* Sorry. Bad burrito.

For each match, I will post a comic with no dialogue or narration in it. The participants in the current match will create a comic using the same exact backgrounds, characters, poses, etc. from my template comic and then will add whatever dialogue and/or narration desired to make it a haha funny comic. No changes are permitted to the backgrounds and characters given, except that you may use a height prop in a panel that has an open character space. COMPRENDE AMIGOS?! DO I GOTTA CALL YOUR MOMMA AND HAVE HER COME DOWN HERE AND WIPE YOUR--Sorry again.

All of the Cup participants who are not in the current match will then vote for the winner, who will then advance to the next round. There are 20 participants, so there should be 18 voters for each match. Voting will end on a match once somebody gets a majority (10 votes) or the deadline is reached, in which case the person with the most votes at the deadline wins. If by the voting deadline there is a tie, either I will solicit a vote from a non-participant as a tie-breaker or, if there are no willing bystanders, I will act as a tie-breaker myself.

Deadlines:

For this thing to flow smoothly, it would be preferable if deadlines for comic submission and voting were 24 hours each. I know not everybody can adhere to that, so I'll set absolute deadlines of 48 hours for weekdays. Since some people have lives and do things on weekends, I'll handle weekends differently. Any period of comic submission or voting that starts on a Friday will end on Monday, but we'll move ahead before Monday if the comics get submitted before Monday or there are sufficient votes to move to the next round before Monday.

The clock starts ticking for comic submission when I announce the match. If a match participant does not submit a comic by the deadline, the match is forfeited to the other participant. If neither player submits a comic by the deadline THEN MY FOOT WILL BE STICKING SO FAR UP YOUR ASS THAT YOU'LL TASTE MY--well, you get the idea.

The Bracket:

The Comic Cup IX bracket has been randomly generated. We will have a "qualifier" round in which 8 people will compete for 4 spots in the round of 16, while the other 12 will get "byes" and take the other 12 slots in the round of 16.

For those who can't see the image above, here are the match-ups in text:

Qualifier Round:

1. kaufman vs. pita
2. andydougan vs. Ranma X.
3. crabby vs. fuck
4. Kajun Firefly vs. Scyess

Sweet Sixteen:

1. (winner of kaufman vs. pita) vs. Fuzzyman
2. Big Evil Dan vs. ObiJo
3. (winner of andydougan vs. Ranma X.) vs. TheElPaso
4. kramer_vs_kramer vs. Namgubed
5. (winner of crabby vs. fuck) vs. Kevin Keegans Perm
6. TheBlairZip vs. dcomposed
7. (winner of Kajun Firefly vs. Scyess) vs. lara7
8. Bazilla vs. DexX

---
"And Wirthling isn't worth the paper he isn't printed on."

6-07-02 12:52pm (new)
quote : comics : pm : info

wirthling

Member Rated:

Oops. I forgot to mention something about the deadlines: If you need a deadline extension for any reason (hopefully for a good reason), just let me know (post here or e-mail me) and I'll extend the deadline.

I'll get us started with the first match soon.

---

6-07-02 1:03pm (new)

wirthling

Member Rated:

I also forgot to mention that you can title your comic whatever you want (you don't have to use my title). Another thing: If somebody accidentally does not follow the template exactly, it will be up to the judges to decide if the infraction disqualifies the comic. If desired, the transgressor can resubmit a corrected comic if the voting has not yet ended.

Anyway, off we go...

Qualifier Round, Match #1

pita vs. kaufman

Here's the template:

[Click to view comic: 'CCIX #1']

Please submit a comic by Monday 4:15 PM SC time. Voting may commence as soon as the 2nd comic is posted...

---

6-07-02 1:17pm (new)

KajunFirefly
chooby digital (in stereo)

Member Rated:

Please, dear God please make it a specific person, one single person who is a tie-break judge. This is why I've never liked Bazilla, because Kaufman accepted his vote in the Mystery Cup, granted, I did the same thing to Andy in the first Tag-Team Cup, but I do feel bad for it.

I'd rather that if I ended up in a tie with someone, I didn't get booted out by the first newbie/troll to answer the call and vote against me because I flamed them (it is more than likely that I did).

---
Dad was flammable

6-07-02 5:23pm (new)

fuzzyman
Alpha Geek

Member Rated:

This looks scary for me. If I get past pita or kaufman, I'd still be up against Obi or Dan. Talk about a guantlet.

---
...Trot and Cap'n Bill were free from anxiety and care. Button-Bright never worried about anything. The Scarecrow, not being able to sleep, looked out of the window and tried to count the stars.

6-08-02 5:55pm (new)

pita
La fille qui a joué avec le feu

Member Rated:

How do you think I feel? Kaufman is an absolute genius! Thanks bunches for giving me a whole day to come up with something that *might* resemble competition against him! (I've been out of town for 2 days, just got back tonight)
Besides, I was going to ask Kaufman for HELP on this contest...

: )

---
“It is only with the heart that one sees rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.” - The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (1945)

6-08-02 9:12pm (new)

Ranma_X.
Pink Donkey Wrangler

Member Rated:

Oh...I'm sure he'd be more than willing to provide 'help', as it were ^_^.

---
-working towards a worse tomorrow.

6-08-02 9:32pm (new)

kaufman
Director of Cats

Member Rated:

I concur. Our little quadrant of the bracket is stacked, which means we five have been chosen to put on quite a show.

Starting with this:

[ Posted comic does not exist ]

---
ken.kaufman@gmail.com

6-09-02 7:11pm (new)

BigEvilDan
Comic Overlord

Member Rated:

I assume that your Jon in the second panel is supposed to be moved over to the left.

---
"Oh, look, a joke! How original! Thank you, but if I wanted my emotions stimulated pleasurably, I'd get a whore." - Donald B. Jones III

6-09-02 7:47pm (new)

andydougan
Film critic subordinaire

Member Rated:

This error is too grievous for me to see past. I think pita should win by default.

6-09-02 7:53pm (new)

kaufman
Director of Cats

Member Rated:

%&*#!!! Those lack of frame lines.

Yes indeed. I can move and redo it, leave it as is since it doesn't affect the content, or stick my head in a vat of burning oil and disqualify myself.

Sigh.

---
ken.kaufman@gmail.com

6-09-02 7:54pm (new)

kaufman
Director of Cats

Member Rated:

Or I can claim excess emotional distress because of this and throw myself at the mercy of the Judges.

---
ken.kaufman@gmail.com

6-09-02 7:57pm (new)

kaufman
Director of Cats

Member Rated:

But since I am by the rules within my rights to correct and resubmit, you'll have to read this:

[Click to view comic: 'CCIX #1: A Day in the Afterlife']

---
ken.kaufman@gmail.com

6-09-02 8:45pm (new)

pita

Member Rated:

[Click to view comic: 'CC# 9 Urinals can be pretty scary when the lights go out...']

---
“It is only with the heart that one sees rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.” - The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (1945)

6-09-02 9:05pm (new)

lara7
Jimmy Carter says YES!

Member Rated:

pita pita pumpkin eater

---
When they invent BookFace, I'm -there-.

6-09-02 10:00pm (new)

lara7
Jimmy Carter says YES!

Member Rated:

even in the face of disaster, Kaufman can't help himself:
Our once beautiful sycamore is now a sycaless.

Sorry to hear of Mother nature's fury. Though I'm glad to hear you and yours are relatively unscathed.

all you other balto-nova-DCers okay?

---
When they invent BookFace, I'm -there-.

6-09-02 10:08pm (new)

kaufman
Director of Cats

Member Rated:

They should be. The nasties were very localized.

---
ken.kaufman@gmail.com

6-09-02 10:22pm (new)

kramer_vs_kramer
Stripcreator Newbie

Member Rated:

Pita

6-10-02 1:12am (new)

dcomposed
C3H5N3O9

Member Rated:

Pita

---
Batman created by Bob Kane

6-10-02 1:13am (new)

DexX
What the Cat Dragged In

Member Rated:

I like them both, but Little Miss Pocketbread gets my vote.

Poor Ken - it is almost impossible to be funny when stressed out, yet he produced a damned good comic, under the circumstances.

---
This signature has performed an illegal operation and has been shut down.

6-10-02 2:43am (new)

Ranma_X.
Pink Donkey Wrangler

Member Rated:

ze pita

---
-working towards a worse tomorrow.

6-10-02 4:39am (new)

pita

Member Rated:

Kaufman

---

6-10-02 6:06am (new)

Kevin_Keegans_Perm
Bean There, Done That

Member Rated:

King Kenny goes French.

*Sob*

SAY IT ISNT SO KENNETH KAUFMAN

(I vote for Pita)

---
"Life Sucks, Then you Die. The bit inbetween isnt very funny either"

6-10-02 6:59am (new)

TheBlairZip
Makes a Great Meal

Member Rated:

Ummm.....Pita, I guess...

---
If it wasn't for bad luck I wouldn't have no luck at all. D'OH!

6-10-02 7:08am (new)

BigEvilDan
Comic Overlord

Member Rated:

Pita

---
"Oh, look, a joke! How original! Thank you, but if I wanted my emotions stimulated pleasurably, I'd get a whore." - Donald B. Jones III

6-10-02 8:17am (new)

Stripcreator » Comic Competitions » Comic Cup IX

reload page with comics

Jump to:

Post A Reply

stripcreator
Make a comic
Your comics
Create account
Forums
Help