Important notice about the future of Stripcreator (Updated: May 2nd, 2023)

stripcreator forums
Jump to:

Stripcreator » Comic Competitions » Comic Cup IX

Author

Kevin_Keegans_Perm
Bean There, Done That

Member Rated:

And that , as they say in Showbusiness , is all she wrote.

Well played Dan.Close , but in the end i appear to have run out of punchlines right when it mattered.

---
"Life Sucks, Then you Die. The bit inbetween isnt very funny either"

8-21-02 4:17pm (new)
quote : comics : pm : info

fuzzyman
Alpha Geek

Member Rated:

Best thing about the next Comic Cup: I don't have to compete against Dan.

---
...Trot and Cap'n Bill were free from anxiety and care. Button-Bright never worried about anything. The Scarecrow, not being able to sleep, looked out of the window and tried to count the stars.

8-21-02 6:00pm (new)

wirthling
supercalifragilisticexpialadosucks

Member Rated:

Congratulations, Big Evil Dan! May the next Comic Cup be the biggest and evilest ever!

Thanks, all, for playing. Now get off my lawn before I call the cops.

---
"And Wirthling isn't worth the paper he isn't printed on."

8-21-02 11:45pm (new)

Kevin_Keegans_Perm
Bean There, Done That

Member Rated:

quote:
Congratulations, Big Evil Dan! May the next Comic Cup be the biggest and evilest ever!

Thanks, all, for playing. Now get off my lawn before I call the cops.

I left you a present. Just make sure you dont let your dog roll around in it before youve had a chance to clean it up.

---

8-22-02 12:00am (new)

andydougan
Film critic subordinaire

Member Rated:

TheBlairZip and I have been discussing the possibility of starting another Tag Team Cup soon. However, as it's probably not a good idea to have two tournaments running concurrently, we'd only go ahead with it if Dan was willing to postpone CC10 for a while.

Also, if we did start up another one, how many of you be interested in participating? Perhaps the time is not right, in which case we'll just wait until after CC10.

Let us know what you think, folks.

8-22-02 9:03am (new)

ObiJo
Eamus Catuli

Member Rated:

I'm all for an immediate Comic Cup or Tag Team Cup. Since the Comic Cup is a big task, Dan may be happy to have some time before kicking it off.

If we decide to do the Tag Team Cup, what do people think about random assignment of partners? I haven't read much of the old Tag Team threads, so maybe this is what it already evolved into. I'd prefer random, but am fine with either way.

Sign me up for whichever is next.

---
I ate a hooker half a bottle of knife.

8-22-02 12:10pm (new)

KajunFirefly
chooby digital (in stereo)

Member Rated:

Well, the last Tag-Team cup had randomised partnerships and Bazilla and myself got stuck with each other and lost spectacularly.

Then I jumped to DexX's aid when his partner dissapeared, and I lost once again.

So either way is fine, since I'll never make it out of the first round in any cup, ever.

---
Dad was flammable

8-22-02 5:43pm (new)

fuzzyman
Alpha Geek

Member Rated:

Oh, by the way... Nice job running this one, wirthling. Another grand experiment!

So how random was that seeding, really?

---
...Trot and Cap'n Bill were free from anxiety and care. Button-Bright never worried about anything. The Scarecrow, not being able to sleep, looked out of the window and tried to count the stars.

8-22-02 8:05pm (new)

Smarmulus
THE ARISTOCRAT

Member Rated:

Count me IN.

---
"Eat a fucking cock." - attitudechicka

8-22-02 8:58pm (new)

fuzzyman
Alpha Geek

Member Rated:

Random is fine, but let's be sure about the players. I got stuck with a no-show and I'm still hurt and confused.

---

8-22-02 9:12pm (new)

wirthling
supercalifragilisticexpialadosucks

Member Rated:

Thanks. I know some of the templates sucked, though. I wasn't really able to stick with the original plan of making the templates harder as the cup progressed, either. I didn't want to end up with a bunch of random characters and backgrounds, since I thought that might stifle the funny. I think I'm probably better at coming up with new contest experiments than I am at executing them.

It was completely random. I put all of the participants into a text file in the order they signed up. Then, I read the names into an array, ran the array through a randomizing sub (I know I could have designed the code better but the results were truly random), and wrote the randomized list back into the file. Names 1 - 8 were put into the 8 preliminary round slots and 12 - 20 were put into the round of 16. Working out how to get the code to fill in the bracket properly was the hardest part.

---
"And Wirthling isn't worth the paper he isn't printed on."

8-22-02 10:12pm (new)

Kevin_Keegans_Perm
Bean There, Done That

Member Rated:

Random is fine , however this may deny me the chance to once again partner the man , the myth , the legend that is "Definetely Not Mike Bobsico".

---

8-22-02 10:34pm (new)

andydougan
Film critic subordinaire

Member Rated:

Big Evil Dan fails to live up to his name - he's kindly agreed to wait for a bit before the next Comic Cup.

So, with luck, we'll start the sign-up for TTCC3 in a few days.

8-23-02 8:06am (new)

BigEvilDan
Comic Overlord

Member Rated:

How do you figure? This just gives me more time to plot a hideously evil set of rules.

---
"Oh, look, a joke! How original! Thank you, but if I wanted my emotions stimulated pleasurably, I'd get a whore." - Donald B. Jones III

8-23-02 9:13am (new)

Stripcreator » Comic Competitions » Comic Cup IX

reload page with comics

Jump to:

Post A Reply

stripcreator
Make a comic
Your comics
Create account
Forums
Help