Important notice about the future of Stripcreator (Updated: May 2nd, 2023)

stripcreator forums
Jump to:

Stripcreator » Fights Go Here » Did someone mention politics?

Author

Spankling
Looking for love in ALL the wrong places, baby!

Member Rated:

Also, who here can tell me the best non-geek version of Linux to get?

---
"Jelly-belly gigglin, dancin and a-wigglin, honey that's the way I am!" Janice the Muppet

8-30-05 6:04pm (new)
quote : comics : pm : info

DexX
What the Cat Dragged In

Member Rated:

See if you can get hold of Ubuntu, which is dubbed "Linu for human beings". They ship a free CD out to you which includes a really funky bootable test CD - it doesn't install anything on your drive, but just loads a virtual system into RAM and lets you play around and see how you like the interface.

Very cool.

---
This signature has performed an illegal operation and has been shut down.

8-30-05 10:11pm (new)

DexX
What the Cat Dragged In

Member Rated:

Yay! The first typo of my resurrection!

---

8-30-05 10:12pm (new)

fuzzyman
Alpha Geek

Member Rated:

Well hello there, stranger.

---
...Trot and Cap'n Bill were free from anxiety and care. Button-Bright never worried about anything. The Scarecrow, not being able to sleep, looked out of the window and tried to count the stars.

8-31-05 3:10am (new)

Zaster
Wait for it...

Member Rated:

Speaking of politics, I was just reading about how the latest census figures reveal the fourth straight increase in the government's poverty measure. Those tax breaks for the rich are really tricklin' down now, eh? Leastwise, something is trickling down on us. Kind of yellow and salty-like.

---
I was gonna send a robot back in time, but I got high.

8-31-05 3:09pm (new)

DexX
What the Cat Dragged In

Member Rated:

Yeah, you have to love it when they keep moving the goalposts so it gets harder and harder to compare the current figures to years past. They've been doing that for years now here in Australia in regard to unemployment figures - Little Johnny keeps redefining the official definitions of employment and unemployment.

Officially speaking, we have excellent employment figures.

Problem is, we have a record number of people in part time and casual jobs, so total earnings and job security are way down.

The dumb twat likes to go on about family values (no doubt you are familiar with this) and even brought in measures a couple of years back to increase the birth rate, and he's always making noises about how women should stay home and be proper mothers. Trouble is, in modern Australia, hardly anybody can afford to have a single-income household, so he's talking out of his arse.

I love having a clueless conservative government that thinks it is governing in the 1950s.

---

8-31-05 4:04pm (new)

Spankling

Member Rated:

New Orleans district of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers faces

"In fiscal year 2006, the New Orleans district of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers is bracing for a record $71.2 million reduction in federal funding.

It would be the largest single-year funding loss ever for the New Orleans district, Corps officials said.

I've been here over 30 years and I've never seen this level of reduction, said Al Naomi, project manager for the New Orleans district. I think part of the problem is it's not so much the reduction, it's the drastic reduction in one fiscal year. It's the immediacy of the reduction that I think is the hardest thing to adapt to.

There is an economic ripple effect, too. The cuts mean major hurricane and flood protection projects will not be awarded to local engineering firms. Also, a study to determine ways to protect the region from a Category 5 hurricane has been shelved for now."

Gosh... that might have come in handy.

---
"Jelly-belly gigglin, dancin and a-wigglin, honey that's the way I am!" Janice the Muppet

9-03-05 1:28am (new)

DexX
What the Cat Dragged In

Member Rated:

I really hope a major news outlet runs with this one...

---

9-03-05 1:35am (new)

DragonXero
I'm Here, You're Queer, Get Used to it

Member Rated:

I don't know if it's been mentioned here before, but the reason for the "drop" in unemployment is because when you stop collecting unemployment benefits, they don't count you as unemployed anymore.

So, basically, we only know the people who are getting by without jobs, not the people who are impoverish because of not having one.

---
Do you want ants? Because that's how you get ants.

9-03-05 11:20pm (new)

DexX
What the Cat Dragged In

Member Rated:

Yup, standard dodgy government practice. If you're not registered as unemployed with the government, you don't exist from the perspective of unemployment figures. They've been doing that for many years over here, too.

---

9-04-05 12:46am (new)

Zaster
Wait for it...

Member Rated:

---

9-04-05 6:17am (new)

matclarke
herpes laden mug

Member Rated:

The level of incompetence and mismanagement is at a level I never thought our government was capable of attaining. Cheney and his puppets have fortunately allowed the world to see what dismal failures they all are, unfortunately at the cost of many innocent lives. They fucking disgust me.

---
obscenity filter is off

9-06-05 10:13am (new)

Spankling

Member Rated:

US citizens getting a taste of the Iraq treatment.

---

9-08-05 9:42pm (new)

fuzzyman
Alpha Geek

Member Rated:

---
...Trot and Cap'n Bill were free from anxiety and care. Button-Bright never worried about anything. The Scarecrow, not being able to sleep, looked out of the window and tried to count the stars.

9-09-05 4:49pm (new)

fuzzyman
Alpha Geek

Member Rated:

---

9-09-05 5:06pm (new)

Spankling

Member Rated:

Fewer dead found than expected. Has anyone noticed how fat and lazy the gaters are?

---

9-09-05 8:47pm (new)

Spankling

Member Rated:

He got some clanky little nobs to be telling the world this stuff. What have we been trying to tell him for years?

---

9-14-05 8:19pm (new)

Spankling

Member Rated:

Who do your neighbors support? This is an interresting little site for US addresses and even names. Try it! Search your own zip code and see who supports who.

---

9-14-05 8:25pm (new)

Spankling

Member Rated:

And so a family tradition continues. Must be those strong family values.

---

9-18-05 9:49am (new)

DexX
What the Cat Dragged In

Member Rated:

Obviously not rich enough to afford coke as yet...

---

9-18-05 10:53pm (new)

Spankling

Member Rated:

9-27-05 8:56pm (new)

DragonXero
I'm Here, You're Queer, Get Used to it

Member Rated:

Hey, when you have a giant corporation bigger than all the other combined with thousands of easily corruptable satellite corporations, you're just asking for a massive crush. That's what the government has become, a corporation. There's investors, CEOs, tons of little satellite organizations, it's all ripe for the falling.

---
Do you want ants? Because that's how you get ants.

9-27-05 9:26pm (new)

flipynif1
Aparently a Creep

Member Rated:

bump to kill blt thread

---
I dumb :D

9-28-05 4:01pm (new)

niteowl
Level 1 Forum Troll

Member Rated:

Bush: God told me to invade Iraq

---
Think classy, you'll be classy.

10-07-05 10:56pm (new)

Zaster
Wait for it...

Member Rated:

In response, God was quoted as saying, "Oh, hell no! I know that silver spoon fed cracker didn't just try to throw the blame for this all up in my face!" She then literally stormed out on reporters, soaking them with rain and lashing them with hurricane force winds in the process.

---

10-08-05 5:52am (new)

Stripcreator » Fights Go Here » Did someone mention politics?

reload page with comics

Jump to:

Post A Reply

stripcreator
Make a comic
Your comics
Create account
Forums
Help
comics
Random Comic
Comic Contests