Important notice about the future of Stripcreator (Updated: May 2nd, 2023)

stripcreator forums
Jump to:

Stripcreator » Fights Go Here » Did someone mention politics?

Author

boorite
crazy knife lady

Member Rated:

quote:
I always thought "Congressperson" was a generic term for members of either house.

I think that's technically correct, but in practice, I think Congressperson virtually always refers to a member of the House. As you noted, "Senator" is more prestigious, so we tend to call Senators Senators.

I could be wrong about this... but keep in mind you're talking to a Beltway insider! (Which is to say that my house is located inside the beltway.)

---
What others say about boorite!

9-03-02 8:27am (new)
quote : comics : pm : info

Spankling
Looking for love in ALL the wrong places, baby!

Member Rated:

Bush's latest appointed shit-fer-brains as The Daily Rotten put it.

---
"Jelly-belly gigglin, dancin and a-wigglin, honey that's the way I am!" Janice the Muppet

9-03-02 10:01pm (new)

Smarmulus
THE ARISTOCRAT

Member Rated:

If you didn't read the article Spankling linked to above here is the first paragraph describing the evil bastard Bush just added to his administration.

I used to be an atheist. A hardcore atheist.

Now I know there is a devil, and he is known to humans as George Bush.

---
"Eat a fucking cock." - attitudechicka

9-03-02 11:16pm (new)

wirthling
supercalifragilisticexpialadosucks

Member Rated:

I also heard that Bush wants to put Michael Jackson in charge of the Boy Scouts of America and Robert Downey Jr. in charge of the DEA.

This is par for the course. Bush's Secretary of the Interior, Gale Norton, once sued the EPA to overturn clean air standards and has argued for opening up wildlife refuges to oil-drilling and mining for years. Not surprisingly, she is a protege of James Watt, Reagan's notoriously rabid anti-environmentalist Secretary of the Interior.

---
"And Wirthling isn't worth the paper he isn't printed on."

9-03-02 11:40pm (new)

kaufman
Director of Cats

Member Rated:

quote:
If you didn't read the article Spankling linked to above here is the first paragraph describing the evil bastard Bush just added to his administration.

I used to be an atheist. A hardcore atheist.

Now I know there is a devil, and he is known to humans as George Bush.

Minor league compared to James Watt. Just like John Ashcroft is just a little dingleberry compared to Ed Meese.

---
ken.kaufman@gmail.com

9-04-02 6:52am (new)

Smarmulus
THE ARISTOCRAT

Member Rated:

Usually I would not have the audacity to disagree with Dr. Kaufman, but this case is an exception. I will concede that Meese was pure evil, but if Ashcroft has his way the bill of rights will cease to exist.

Why are there FBI agents looking pointing guns at me as I type this?

(first they came for the Arabs and you did not protest because you were not an Arab, now they are coming for you...because history does repeat itself)

---
"Eat a fucking cock." - attitudechicka

9-04-02 8:06am (new)

kaufman
Director of Cats

Member Rated:

Do you recall Meese's blatherings about presumption of guilt? How if people were innocent, they wouldn't have been charged? I don't think Ashcroft's sunk that low ... yet.

---
ken.kaufman@gmail.com

9-04-02 8:10am (new)

boorite
crazy knife lady

Member Rated:

Remember when James Watt said that trees cause more pollution than industry does? Those were the days, my friend! We thought they'd never end! And it turns out they haven't.

Yes, those were the days when I discovered that politics had gone beyond parody. Just one example: George F. Will, supposedly a leading intellectual, wrote that it was hubris for human beings to think that their actions could change the climate! Hubris! Environmentalism then is nothing but playing God! Every Green is guilty of the sin of Pride! Let's forget for a moment that this ignores science to the point where we can call it a flat-out lie. That's nothing new. George's major achievement here was making "let's not pollute" into a Deadly Sin. If you believe in global warming, you are placing Man above God Himself!

AAAAGH, I just had a stroke!

Anyway, Tom Lehrer, the supreme satirist, quit the business in 1974, remarking that in a country that pardoned Nixon, parody is impossible. That was almost 30 years ago.

---

9-04-02 10:20am (new)

boorite
crazy knife lady

Member Rated:

I just checked my facts, which I sometimes do AFTER posting, and discovered that my comments about Tom Lehrer are a variation on a legend. Other versions have Lehrer retiring from satire because Nixon got elected or because Kissinger got the Nobel Peace Prize for bombing Cambodia. Truth is, he got tired of it.

The lesson here is NEVER believe anything I write!

---

9-04-02 10:48am (new)

boorite
crazy knife lady

Member Rated:

In fact, I'm lying NOW!

---

9-04-02 10:57am (new)

boorite
crazy knife lady

Member Rated:

Let's not exempt Clinton. Remember when, in the early days of his first term, he launched a missile attack on Baghdad, invoking our national right to self-defense, because we got wind of a reputed, failed plot to assassinate the ex-President some weeks before? And it turned out there was no evidence? 30-some civilians died in the bombing, including a prominent female poet. Surreal.

---

9-04-02 1:14pm (new)

kaufman
Director of Cats

Member Rated:

Update on Mr. Kimble:

Today the Washington Post came out with it's local voting guide. As part of his answer to the question why voters should vote for him, Kimble described himself as "a confident heterosexual."

IANMTU.

---
ken.kaufman@gmail.com

9-05-02 6:37am (new)

Spankling

Member Rated:

Use the Designated Free Speech Area Please!

---
"Jelly-belly gigglin, dancin and a-wigglin, honey that's the way I am!" Janice the Muppet

9-05-02 9:08pm (new)

boorite
crazy knife lady

Member Rated:

Anyone who criticizes the President after 9/11 is a terrorist and deserves to have angry ferrets shoved down his pants.

---

9-06-02 2:20pm (new)

ObiJo
Eamus Catuli

Member Rated:

Amen, brother!

Fucking democrats probably want to just "hug and make up" with the terrorist bastards!

Democrats are pansy fucks who probably think about Republicans when they masturbate!

---
I ate a hooker half a bottle of knife.

9-06-02 2:46pm (new)

andydougan
Film critic subordinaire

Member Rated:

Pah. They're all the same. Me, I think about Jesse Ventura when I masturbate.

9-06-02 5:21pm (new)

Spankling

Member Rated:

Pah. They're all the same. Me, I think about Jesse Ventura when I masturbate.

I think about Republicans masterbating when I vote.

---

9-06-02 5:49pm (new)

Spankling

Member Rated:

Remember the reports of Cheney's connection to the 1954 LSD "suicide" of Dr. Frank Olson? The plot thickens.

---

9-08-02 4:06pm (new)

DexX
What the Cat Dragged In

Member Rated:

Bah. People shoot themselves fatally through the heart, smash their heads open on the way to the floor, and then shoot themselves fatally through the heart as they lay on the floor ALL THE TIME!!! It's prefectly normal.

---
This signature has performed an illegal operation and has been shut down.

9-09-02 8:39pm (new)

DexX
What the Cat Dragged In

Member Rated:

[Click to view comic: 'Risky business...']

---
This signature has performed an illegal operation and has been shut down.

9-09-02 9:04pm (new)

kaufman
Director of Cats

Member Rated:

And since you are all on the edge of your seats:

quote:
Precincts reporting: 95 percent
U.S. Congress District 4 Republicans Votes %
John B. Kimble...................................3,222 34
Floyd W. Anderson Jr. ........................3,160 34
Other (2 candidates) .........................2,995 32
Still too close to declare a winner. And obviously, there aren't many Republicans in the district.

---
ken.kaufman@gmail.com

9-11-02 6:12am (new)

evil_d
Riding through your town with his head on fire

Member Rated:

And in case anyone is interested, my "non-partisan" ballot yesterday consisted of two offices, having something to do with elections or education, for which a grand total of about nine candidates were competing. I think next year I won't bother with the primary.

---
The what mentioned above is total fiction. Please don't take it seriously!

9-11-02 8:18am (new)

boorite
crazy knife lady

Member Rated:

Wish I could vote in DC. The two mayoral front-runners are write-ins! That's because the incumbent fucked up his petition drive and got all kinds of bogus signatures (Kofi Annan, Billy Joel, etc.). Ha ha ha!

---

9-11-02 9:31am (new)

Spankling

Member Rated:

Well Said

---

9-12-02 7:47pm (new)

Spankling

Member Rated:

Saddam and Cheney in bed

---

9-12-02 8:20pm (new)

Stripcreator » Fights Go Here » Did someone mention politics?

reload page with comics

Jump to:

Post A Reply

stripcreator
Make a comic
Your comics
Create account
Forums
Help
comics
Random Comic
Comic Contests