Important notice about the future of Stripcreator (Updated: May 2nd, 2023)

stripcreator forums
Jump to:

Stripcreator » Comic Competitions » Comics Contest 27: Large Wombats Sue Your Lawn

Author

MatthewEastaugh
Member - Tobor Fan Club

Member Rated:

Rules done. Vote for Wirthling. Bye! And again, ta Braze.

---
MatthewEastaugh | He wanders.

5-04-01 1:10pm (new)
quote : comics : pm : info

DexX
What the Cat Dragged In

Member Rated:

Yes, we are, but we don't particularly want to be. We had a referendum (national vote to decide on a proposed change to the Constitution) and our Queen-loving prime minister (that "admirer of royalty" not "groper of homosexuals") deliberately rigged the vote. Instead of simply asking "Do you want Australia to be a Republic" he asked "Do you want to become a Republic with this specific model of government that I have proposed." His model sucked, so everyone ticked the "fuck no!" box. When the referendum was overwhelmingly defeated, he spouted his favourite word (ie. "mandate") and said it was obvious that Aussies just love being subordinate to a foreign power, and killed off any further official debate on the subject.

Thankfully, he and his pack of arseholes (ie. "party") are getting the arse (ie. "going to be voted out of office") at the next federal election, toward the end of the year. There will be much rejoicing.

---
This signature has performed an illegal operation and has been shut down.

5-05-01 8:11am (new)

DexX
What the Cat Dragged In

Member Rated:

quote:
I only have one thing to say to that, as the English person.. grrr.
WE ARE NOT ALL WORLD WAR ONE PILOTS WHO SPEAK LIKE THAT, AND HATE ALL AUSTRALIANS. Grr. I do hate the entire casts of 'Home and Away' and 'Neighbours', tho. But that's just natural.
Like I said, we Aussies can hold grudges for a very long time, and many of the grandkids and great-grandkids of diggers who died or were horribly mangled at Gallipoli due to an English navigation error still carry a grudge about it.

Well... I am joking, really. It's not a grudge, but we do remember. Gallipoli marked the greatest loss of young Aussie and Kiwi lives in pretty much any conflict we have been involved in. I'm not sure of the exact figures, but one commonly mentioned statistic is that four thousand died in the first day.

*sigh*

Sorry, very depressing topic. To wrap up, here's our friend Paul the Pacifistic Pony...

Don't let war happen, kids!

---

5-05-01 8:18am (new)

DexX
What the Cat Dragged In

Member Rated:

Hmmmmm.....

Getting some odd errors, mainly that one page says this thread has three pages, and another page says it only has two. Just posting this reply to see if it corrects itself.

---

5-07-01 10:31pm (new)

Stripcreator » Comic Competitions » Comics Contest 27: Large Wombats Sue Your Lawn

reload page with comics

Jump to:

Post A Reply

stripcreator
Make a comic
Your comics
Create account
Forums
Help
comics
Random Comic
Comic Contests