Important notice about the future of Stripcreator (Updated: May 2nd, 2023)

stripcreator forums
Jump to:

Stripcreator » Comic Competitions » CC 140: Puns for Everyone

Author

punkrockskaboy
Defender of the Liquor Cabinet

Member Rated:

Alright, alright. I asked people to post these types of strips in Read My Damn Comics and I liked the idea so much I decided to make it a competition. ,y apologies for making more than one thread in relation to the same thing, I know how you guys hate that. There is only one rule, which leaves it REALLY REALLY open. Without further adieu, the one rule is....

The PUNCHLINE must be a PUN

For those of you who don't know what a pun is, it is a play on words, here is my comic for an example:
[Click to view comic: 'Another Stupid (Maybe Funny) Pun']

---
Welcome to Bohemia. Population: a lot Cash flow: a little

8-25-02 12:50pm (new)
quote : comics : pm : info

punkrockskaboy

Member Rated:

By the way, judging will be Wednesday at 5:00 pm.

---

8-25-02 12:52pm (new)

boinky33
I'm with stupid ^

Member Rated:

So, If I put a leamon in your mom's box, she'll be a sourpuss?

8-25-02 12:54pm (new)

boinky33
I'm with stupid ^

Member Rated:

8-25-02 12:58pm (new)

KajunFirefly
chooby digital (in stereo)

Member Rated:

*sigh*

---
Dad was flammable

8-25-02 1:02pm (new)

JrnymnNate
I fling the shoddy polo stick

Member Rated:

This one even figured out how to name it correctly.

8-25-02 1:12pm (new)

mutsje2000
Pink Donkey Wrangler

Member Rated:

I'm not noted for my observance... but would I be right in thinking that 139 hasn't even finished yet? And that this, in fact, is a poorly disguised experiment in ignorance... not, in fact, CC 140, which would actually come after 139 has finished and a winner chosen?

Just curious...

/benny/

---
My metaphors are metafives...

8-25-02 1:31pm (new)

punkrockskaboy

Member Rated:

I thought it was finished, whoops, sorry bout that, my bad

---

8-25-02 1:42pm (new)

punkrockskaboy

Member Rated:

eh, fuck it, I tried to piece together exactly how this particular forum works, apparently I fucked it up royally, sorry about that, but I didnt expect anyone to help me out even if i asked because most of you are being dicks to me (maybe with good reason, who knows) so this was my attempt to figure it out myself...I think I am starting to understand, if anyone wants to fill me in on how this REALLY works, please do.

---

8-25-02 1:52pm (new)

punkrockskaboy

Member Rated:

OK, after countless, well...minutes, I think I am getting the gist of how the forum is SUPPOSED to work...disregard this WHOLE thread (however, I would have expected Boinky, having been around a little while to have not joined in on a contest that cant happen...wonders never cease i guess), fuck me running. The End

---

8-25-02 2:03pm (new)

Drexle
Your Cure for Lameness

Member Rated:

Shows how well you know boinky, doesn't it?

8-25-02 2:26pm (new)

Smarmulus
THE ARISTOCRAT

Member Rated:

Is there a search engine which shows StripCreator when one looks for "forums for illiterate morons to wax stupid?" Just wondering. Perhaps it's something Brad could look into.

---
"Eat a fucking cock." - attitudechicka

8-25-02 2:38pm (new)

Namgubed
The Merry Elf

Member Rated:

Au contraire; you could use LOTS of further adieu.

That's a pun.

Did I win?

---
"There's no point in beating a dead horse ... except, of course, for the pure joy of it." - A. Whitney Brown

8-25-02 2:39pm (new)

Smarmulus
THE ARISTOCRAT

Member Rated:

(thanks to Mr. Drexle for creating this image, which I now post because it is most appropriate for this goddamn thread)

---

8-25-02 2:44pm (new)

Mr_Jass
Stripcreator Regular

Member Rated:

---
"I'm astounded by people who want to 'know' the universe when it's hard enough to find your way around Chinatown." -- mrjass@mindless.com

8-25-02 3:22pm (new)

Kevin_Keegans_Perm
Bean There, Done That

Member Rated:

Im sure that last time i looked , the next CC was always run by the person who WON the previous one , and it didnt start until the previous one had finished.

Can we explain these rules again , just for the newbie?

---
"Life Sucks, Then you Die. The bit inbetween isnt very funny either"

8-25-02 8:30pm (new)

fuzzyman
Alpha Geek

Member Rated:

I wrote a quick little blurb for the FAQ and put it in the Suggestions forum. We'll see if Brad finds it useful.

---
...Trot and Cap'n Bill were free from anxiety and care. Button-Bright never worried about anything. The Scarecrow, not being able to sleep, looked out of the window and tried to count the stars.

8-25-02 8:31pm (new)

DexX
What the Cat Dragged In

Member Rated:

Ha! FAQ!

Yeah, like any of the more annoying people would even read it.

---
This signature has performed an illegal operation and has been shut down.

8-25-02 8:48pm (new)

punkrockskaboy

Member Rated:

I didn't even notice there was a FAQ...heh heh...well, as i said before Fuck me running...and I will add, in my stupid ass.

---

8-25-02 9:04pm (new)

Smarmulus
THE ARISTOCRAT

Member Rated:

SKAB - At this point the only penance you could make which would placate the rest of us is suicide. Please give it serious consideration. I offer this advice with your best interests in mind.

---

8-25-02 10:33pm (new)

wirthling
supercalifragilisticexpialadosucks

Member Rated:

I would recommend that at the very least you stop using the punkwhateverboy account, create a new one, and never let on that you were that dense schmuck that everyone came so quickly to abhor. At this point, you can say you're sorry until you're blue in the fingers and you're still not going to get any respect. It's not just that you violated an established tradition here--you seem to display a severe lack of common sense in general.

It's a good idea both in life and here at stripcreator.com to look before you leap. Take some time to get the lay of the land. Measure twice, cut once. When in Rome, do as the Romans do. A stitch, in time, saves nine. He who fails to plan plans to fail. Neither a lender nor a borr--wait a second. I think my train of thought has once again derailed. There were no survivors. I'm sure I had a point somewhere in this paragraph, though.

Anyway, this is just my two cents...

---
"And Wirthling isn't worth the paper he isn't printed on."

8-25-02 11:07pm (new)

ObiJo
Eamus Catuli

Member Rated:

"I'd rather display my ignorance for all to see and correct, than live in fear, with my mother, in the basement." -- me

I have the attention span of a gnat, so could have easily come here and made this same mistake. And how would you all have treated me? Probably the same as you're treating this poor guy.

And I would have gona away sad. And you all would have missed out on the pleasure that is Jo.

But you'd know it not.

And life would pass.

The years would go by like the scenes of a fast forwarded movie. And when the hand that is fate again pushes play on the remote control, you'd find yourself 80.

And sure, you'd led a decent life. But still...

still...

It always felt like there was something missing.

And just as you go to open the gravy pantry, the thought would occur to you - hey wait. What if I'd been nice to that obijo chap. That could have been a turning point in my life. And you realize your mistake, but just as the first tear starts to trickle down your cheek...

I BEAT YOU TO FUCKING DEATH WITH A BROOM HANDLE! IS THAT WHAT YOU WANT! IS THAT WHAT YOU FUCKING WANT!!!!!!!

Then be nice.

---
I ate a hooker half a bottle of knife.

8-25-02 11:33pm (new)

wirthling

Member Rated:

Dang. Now I wish we had treated you this way, too.

---

8-25-02 11:40pm (new)

ObiJo
Eamus Catuli

Member Rated:

If it makes you feel better, your mere existence insults me.

---
I ate a hooker half a bottle of knife.

8-25-02 11:48pm (new)

wirthling

Member Rated:

My usual philosophy is "live and let live." If someone comes on here and makes an ass of themselves, I don't really care as long as they're having a good time making comics and participating in our community and not purposefully being antagonistic. I'll even suffer some antagonism if the person calms down and learns to play nicely with others over time. This person, however, has made a series of blunders, even after being alerted that people were getting annoyed by such behavior. It was more than a single slip perhaps due to a short attention span. That's why I decided to pitch in my thoughts, anyway.

---

8-25-02 11:49pm (new)

Stripcreator » Comic Competitions » CC 140: Puns for Everyone

reload page with comics

Jump to:

Post A Reply

stripcreator
Make a comic
Your comics
Create account