Important notice about the future of Stripcreator (Updated: May 2nd, 2023)

stripcreator forums
Jump to:

Stripcreator » Fights Go Here » 48 hours to go till war we wage and price we pay.

Author

kramer_vs_kramer
Stripcreator Newbie

Member Rated:

Never mind that, look who's fighting for the US.

3-20-03 8:21am (new)
quote : comics : pm : info

andydougan
Film critic subordinaire

Member Rated:

Yes, boorite. I really think Ari would lie.

*rolls eyes*

3-20-03 8:24am (new)

andydougan
Film critic subordinaire

Member Rated:

I think that's the best thing I've ever seen. Thank you.

3-20-03 8:26am (new)

boorite
crazy knife lady

Member Rated:

Optimus Prime. That is so. Fucking. Cool.

---
What others say about boorite!

3-20-03 8:30am (new)

Zegota
Stripcreator Regular

Member Rated:

Brilliant, if only Saddam would change his name to Megatron we could have these two duck it out against each other and no one else would get hurt.

AUTOBOT
OPTIMUS PRIME
Quote: "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."

Is Bush sentient?

---
And you know what Hell is, folks. It's Andy Gibb, singing 'Shadowdancing' for aeons and aeons...

3-20-03 8:59am (new)

kramer_vs_kramer
Stripcreator Newbie

Member Rated:

Megatron's motto is "Peace through tyranny". That sounds more like Bush's style.

3-20-03 9:11am (new)

boorite
crazy knife lady

Member Rated:

quote:
Brilliant, if only Saddam would change his name to Megatron we could have these two duck it out against each other and no one else would get hurt.

All the chickenhawks plan to "duck it out" on this war.

---

3-20-03 9:49am (new)

evil_d
Riding through your town with his head on fire

Member Rated:

Of course the war's not JUST about oil. It's also about Bush Jr. trying to do what his dad didn't get the chance to. And about distracting people from how the war on terrorism is going. And about rallying the American people behind a president whom they formerly saw as an election-stealer. And about making Iraq safe for democracy (read: capitalism). And yes, it's partly about protecting America from the possibility that Saddam Hussein will use weapons of mass destruction against us.

Remind me again why this wasn't posted in the Fights Go Here forum?

---
The what mentioned above is total fiction. Please don't take it seriously!

3-20-03 10:02am (new)

boorite
crazy knife lady

Member Rated:

But it all spins back to the middle. What was his dad trying to do? Discipline Saddam for slipping his leash. Why were we with Saddam in the first place? 1. Oil; 2. because he was fighting Iran. OK, so why were we against Iran? Because they deposed our guy the Shah and now they hate us. Why'd we impose the Shah's rule on them? Oil.

What are we doing over there at all? Oil oil oil.

---

3-20-03 12:08pm (new)

israphael
Stripcreator Veteran

Member Rated:

Another message from the Department of Homeland Security.

---
"Nothing expresses the brutal grandeur of rectal polyps and anal fistulae quite like the mother-tongue of Goethe."

3-20-03 1:22pm (new)

andydougan
Film critic subordinaire

Member Rated:

But Sr. opposed the war. Anyway, W wouldn't be permitted to spend so much on resolving a family feud.

Even if it wasn't ridiculous to suggest that Iraq poses a threat to America, another terrorist attack would strengthen support for the government, so why would they want to prevent it? The US and its allies are still selling nuclear components to Iran, so it's pretty clear they're not bothered about their enemies possessing WMDs.

3-20-03 4:39pm (new)

JrnymnNate
I fling the shoddy polo stick

Member Rated:

Actualy boorite, most of my influnce (100%) came from this book called The Threatening Storm by Kenneth Pollack. I know I shouldn't have started this argument because I've actualy only read one chapter, and it dealt mostly with the Twin Pillar polices that the US invested in Iran during the 70's or so. The regime did change, but it was like some internal coup, right?

I dunno. Like I said, I just thought there was some truth in there. The story sounded nice to me.

After all, I think we should tear the ground off Alaska and the west and pump our own oil out of our backyards.

Or better yet! How about hydro-electric/geo-thermal/harnessing-the-waves-on-the-sea-technology? Those would be awsome to have.

The US should really be more isolationist.

3-20-03 5:32pm (new)

JrnymnNate
I fling the shoddy polo stick

Member Rated:

^ that wasn't really sarcasm, I think that we should be more powerfull and sqaush people who make direct offenses to us, but not play in their pool.

3-20-03 5:33pm (new)

Brad
Feature Creep

Member Rated:

So I could have the pleasure of moving it. Tra le la!

---
www.bradsucks.net

3-20-03 6:36pm (new)

Spankling
Looking for love in ALL the wrong places, baby!

Member Rated:

This war isn't ALL about oil, I agree. Bush is a sadist and a frightened child who wants to put the scary man down like he did so many quickly convicted black men in Texas.

But for Cheney it's the oil. And he and his kind are calling the shots.

---
"Jelly-belly gigglin, dancin and a-wigglin, honey that's the way I am!" Janice the Muppet

3-20-03 8:11pm (new)

evil_d

Member Rated:

That doesn't mean it's not part of Jr.'s motivation. I still strongly suspect that it is. I think he's just that type of person.

Not if he put it in those words, no.

If Osama bin Laden can pose a threat to America, so can Saddam Hussein. I don't think that makes it okay to invade Iraq before they've made any overt hostile act, of course. Anyway, even if Saddam doesn't pose a threat, I believe that some people in our government honestly think he does, and honestly think pre-emptive military action is a sensible way to address that threat. And probably don't spend much time pondering the question of how it came to pass that an Iraqi dictator would be threatening America.

Even I don't suspect them of being that sinister. Maybe I should, but I don't.

---

3-20-03 9:06pm (new)

Devin
Comic Overlord

Member Rated:

3-21-03 2:00am (new)

PhreakyChinchilla
DANGER WILL ROBINSON!

Member Rated:

quote:

But for Cheney it's the oil. And he and his kind are calling the shots.

You mean Cheney's a real live person? I thought he'd died or something. He certainly looks dead to me when I see him on TV. :)

---
dcomposed:11-06-05: If I was a viking invading your village, you'd be the first to get raped.
Crabby: 10/5/06: i would love to feed you fresh fruit while bathing you.

3-21-03 6:18am (new)

boorite
crazy knife lady

Member Rated:

Nothing wrong with reading Pollack as long as you keep in mind where he came from: the CIA and the NSC.

For background on the CIA/MI6 coup toppling Mossadeq, you can go to the very "newspaper of record," the New York Times. They did a big article on it, heavily citing declassified CIA documents.

quote:

After all, I think we should tear the ground off Alaska and the west and pump our own oil out of our backyards.

Or better yet! How about hydro-electric/geo-thermal/harnessing-the-waves-on-the-sea-technology? Those would be awsome to have.

The US should really be more isolationist.

I pretty much agree, except that I think strip-mining Alaska is a little too exuberant. There are a couple of things you're not taking into account, though. One is that Washington is not grabbing the oil for your and my benefit. Another is that developing our own resources and leaving other people to develop theirs, though the decent thing to do, leads to something that free-market capitalists do not want: competition. "We" (meaning investors who are in a position to influence Washington) don't want France and Germany, much less a united Middle East, gearing up their production lines. It would be "bad for America."

But would it be bad for you and me? I happen to think that the best thing that could have happened to the American auto industry in the 1970s was getting its ass kicked by Japan. I think the competition has something to do with the fact that Detroit can no longer turn out crapmobiles, secure in the knowledge that we'll "buy American." Which makes me more of a free-market capitalist than George W. Bush, and I'm slightly to the left of Noam Chomsky.

---

3-21-03 7:27am (new)

wirthling
supercalifragilisticexpialadosucks

Member Rated:

You all are forgetting one of the alternative reasons for going to war: To make us forget about the, um, the...um, the, er...

Oh yeah, the supremely shitty economy.

---
"And Wirthling isn't worth the paper he isn't printed on."

3-21-03 8:14am (new)

boorite
crazy knife lady

Member Rated:

I think that's just gravy for Bush.

...which calls to mind a singularly inappropriate image.

---

3-21-03 10:30am (new)

evil_d

Member Rated:

I changed my mind. I've now been convinced that War is a Good Idea after reading this strip.

War Pussies by shroud7
3-21-03
Nuke the Towel Heads!
War is wrong, I love peace!
Yeah you would you fucking faggot!
I like to take it in the ass!
HAHAHA.. fuck you homo!
I am dead cause I was a war pussy fag!

---

3-21-03 11:27am (new)

attitudechicka
is never bored.

Member Rated:

The war kind of bothers me sometimes. They say Saddam is either dead or wounded, but what if they're feeding that to the media in a China-style news service? "Everything is all peaches and rose petals." I can't believe it until I see it.

And all those body doubles make it even harder...

---
Mediocrity at its most average.

3-22-03 7:57am (new)

kramer_vs_kramer
Stripcreator Newbie

Member Rated:

I was wondering if, when Saddam was killed, one of the lookalikes would then take over as Saddam? That way, there would always be a Saddam. Like Mayor Richard Wilkins III, but without the business with the giant snake.

3-22-03 8:57am (new)

andydougan
Film critic subordinaire

Member Rated:

Maybe Saddam doesn't even exist and it's just a cabal of Illuminati-controlled clones.

3-22-03 10:03am (new)

Stripcreator » Fights Go Here » 48 hours to go till war we wage and price we pay.

reload page with comics

Jump to:

Post A Reply

stripcreator
Make a comic
Your comics
Create account
Forums
Help
comics
Random Comic
Comic Contests