Important notice about the future of Stripcreator (Updated: May 2nd, 2023)

stripcreator forums
Jump to:

Stripcreator » More Comic Competitions » In Zelda, how do you get the CUP OF MYSTERY?!

Author

KajunFirefly
chooby digital (in stereo)

Member Rated:

I have the same issues with this contest as Kramer does, it defeats the whole purpose of the mystery contest, this just seems a complete waste of time, why are we disguising ourselves if the only person that matters knows who we are anyway?

I think the rules need to be rethunk.

---
Dad was flammable

5-22-03 1:23pm (new)
quote : comics : pm : info

mmyers
Passing through.

Member Rated:

When I read the contest proposal this morning, it made since, now Kajun's shot a big fat plot hole in it. My brain hurts.

---
Peeing sitting down is the gift you give yourself.

5-22-03 1:29pm (new)

WiLzzt
Super Duper Really Really Neat-o Peachy Keen

Member Rated:

In response, I give my same answer: because there really was no elimination of prejudice in the other contest, and the fear of discovery will motivate strippers to make comics that are unlike their regular comics, but still reuiqres them to be funny. Heavens sakes, this is not that hard people!

---
AIM: HeeeresWiL | RAAR! TOBOR WILL DEFENSTRATE YOU!

5-22-03 1:30pm (new)

jes_lawson
I don't know what I'm doing either

Member Rated:

I say we just take part in this one regardless of big gaping plot holes and go back to the original format for the next one.

---
Please replace the handset, and try again.

5-22-03 1:34pm (new)

WiLzzt

Member Rated:

just please, PLEASE read my reasoning behind setting things up this way before abandoning the contest. I have done my best to be reasonable, and I have adressed Kajun's and kaufman's issues quite thoroughly. Just move back a page and scroll down a bit. There you go.

---

5-22-03 1:38pm (new)

KajunFirefly
chooby digital (in stereo)

Member Rated:

This is just a contest, a normal everyday contest, only you haven't won anything to get the honour. Read every comic cup that's happened before, it all comes down to a majority vote, the whole point of the MYSTERY cup is that no-one knows who anyone else is.

For example, if it were Devin Vs Fuzzyman, there are some people who would be biased towards letting Fuzzyman win, I'm not saying they'd do it deliberately, but if they had no idea who they were voting for, it'd be purely based on the comic.

The fact that the only person who knows who we all are is ALSO the ONLY judge in this contest makes it even worse, right away by picking these huge holes in your idea I've set myself up to be booted off by your own personal politics.

As for this insane rule whereby discovery of your true identity will result in getting eliminated, with SC's user tracker thing on the main forum page it'll make it easier to figure out who is who, also, how strong are your morals? How do we know that you wont let slip some information to other users?

Who the fuck are you anyway?

---
Dad was flammable

5-22-03 1:55pm (new)

kaufman
Director of Cats

Member Rated:

As I recall, I didn't win anything to earn the right to do MC1 either. All I did was put forth the idea and have it thrust upon me. This being a special event, rather than a numbered contest, I might be happy to take part in it if it's run well ...

You don't like it? Don't join. Or say you're not joining as a smokescreen and do so, eh?

---
ken.kaufman@gmail.com

5-22-03 2:02pm (new)

WiLzzt

Member Rated:

started
still room for y'all in round 1. I'm not prejudiced, honest! Also, you have made the same argument three times while sidestepping my counterarguments chooby. If you don't want to join, that's fine, but don't ruin it for everyone else by acting like such a jerk.

---

5-22-03 3:04pm (new)

punkrockskaboy
Defender of the Liquor Cabinet

Member Rated:

While I do sort of agree with kajun's point, I also think he likes to cause problems whenever he can.

With that...I will see you all in a week. Assuming I don't have access to a computer in Florida.

---
Welcome to Bohemia. Population: a lot Cash flow: a little

5-22-03 3:23pm (new)

Stripcreator » More Comic Competitions » In Zelda, how do you get the CUP OF MYSTERY?!

reload page with comics

Jump to:

Post A Reply

stripcreator
Make a comic
Your comics
Create account
Forums
Help
comics
Random Comic
Comic Contests