Forum archives » More Comic Competitions » Random Madness 4 (RM4): The Runaway Bride

Namgubed
May 5, 2005 3:04 PM

Welcome to Random Madness 4! The object of this exercise is to poke fun at Jennifer Wilbanks, the infamous Runaway Bride.

Your comic(s), of course, must be made using the Random Layout button. Remember, Santa Claus knows if you've been bad or good! Judging will take place in about a week, or longer, if there aren't enough entries. Bwa ha ha ha haaahhh!

Extra points for the best use of the "It Stays in Vegas" ad campaign, best "Father of the Bride" reference, and best alien abduction (pun intended) story.

Have fun!

Post #175035link

cpausti
May 5, 2005 3:15 PM

Can I enter with a comic made before you posted this? It just so happens that I have a Jennifer Wilbanks random comic prepared.

Post #175037link

Tterb
May 5, 2005 4:13 PM

Here you go.....

/comics/Tterb/284579/

Post #175044link

niteowl
May 5, 2005 9:15 PM

Post #175074link

kaufman
May 6, 2005 12:14 PM

284667
284670

Post #175178link

KungChiFu
May 6, 2005 12:49 PM

284674

Post #175181link

possums
May 6, 2005 1:50 PM

Post #175190link

KungChiFu
May 6, 2005 1:56 PM

You've probably heard this one, possums, but your sig always makes me think of it:

"Working for Ed Muskie was something like being locked in a rolling boxcar with a vicious 200 pound water rat." - Hunter S. Thompson

Also, teh cartoon was pretty good above.

Post #175191link

Namgubed
May 6, 2005 7:36 PM

quote:
Can I enter with a comic made before you posted this? It just so happens that I have a Jennifer Wilbanks random comic prepared.
Go for it! It's not against the rules, and hey, the more, the merrier.

Post #175232link

kaufman
May 6, 2005 8:17 PM

284711
284712

Post #175236link

KungChiFu
May 7, 2005 6:53 AM

Finally! I understand a Kaufman cartoon!

Post #175264link

kaufman
May 7, 2005 1:32 PM

quote:
Finally! I understand a Kaufman cartoon!
1 down, 2194 to go!

Have fun!

Post #175292link

biped
May 7, 2005 2:01 PM

Post #175293link

Inflatable_Man
May 7, 2005 5:37 PM

284792

I actually did a series about Wilbanks last week (non random related) if anyone is so inclined to check it out...

Runaway Bride

Post #175307link

kaufman
May 7, 2005 8:32 PM

284819

Oh, and I hit the random jackpot:

284818

Post #175322link

biped
May 8, 2005 5:39 PM

Post #175392link

umfumdisi
May 8, 2005 9:42 PM

Okay, I read biped's comic /comics/biped/284941/ after clicking on it at the front page and thought it was the layout for this contest. Didn't know about the Wilbanks thing. So, I guess you'll have to imagine that Jennifer is watching dating service videos after her finace has come to his senses and dumped her crazy-eyed ass. She does kind of look like a chicken...
/comics/umfumdisi/284969/

Post #175423link

lukket
May 15, 2005 10:12 AM

Post #176076link

biped
May 16, 2005 7:13 AM

Post #176145link

Namgubed
May 17, 2005 1:01 AM

All right, folks, it's time to draw this little contest to a close. There were a lot of great entries, and it was really tough to choose a winner, but the Grand Prize goes to biped as well as the Bridetard Award for "The Jennifer Wilbanks Story" and the If I'm Not A Muppet Then What's The Hand Of Frank Oz Doing Up My Ass Award for "Hispanic? Her Panic!"

Runners-up include kaufman, who gets the Wile E. Fudd Award and a year's supply of ACME bride seed for "The Roadrunaway"; umfumdisi, who receives the coveted White Meat Award for "Empty Nest Dating Service"; and lukket, who gets the Deaf Comedy Jam Award for "It's not Jennifer's fault that the groom is DEAF"

Thanks to all the contrubutors for making this a great contest!

Post #176217link

biped
May 17, 2005 9:38 AM

Thanks! I will try to come up with something non-horrible as soon as possible.

Post #176231link

Forum archives » More Comic Competitions » Random Madness 4 (RM4): The Runaway Bride

stripcreator
Make a comic
Forums
featuring
diesel sweeties
jerkcity
exploding dog
goats
ko fight club
penny arcade
chopping block
also
Brad Sucks