Forum archives » Comic Competitions » CC 340: Horror Comix

boloboffin
November 28, 2006 11:47 AM

I've been thinking about different ways of using the Stripcreator engine. I don't want to get too far away from teh funny, but I have fond memories of the old EC comics (no, I'm not old enough to have bought originals, thank you very much).

So for CC 340, your mission is to scare us out of our wits. The winning comic or series can be funny (EC had a wicked sense of humor), but I need a little of that chilly frisson I get from watching Rosemary grab a knife and head for the hall closet. If you can evoke that, you're in the running.

Photoshops are acceptable, but I'm leaning towards use of the materials at hand. Series of any length necessary - if you have more than five, just give us a link to the sixth one and we'll take it from there.

Post #238826link

boloboffin
November 28, 2006 3:08 PM

Post #238850link

boloboffin
November 28, 2006 3:28 PM

I'm sorry. This is what I meant to post...

 

Post #238854link

LuckyGuess
November 28, 2006 5:05 PM

quote:

boloboffin wrote:

I'm sorry. This is what I meant to post...

 


That's pretty snazzy.

Post #238869link

AngryAmerican
November 29, 2006 3:33 AM

ooooooooh! special effects!

Post #238930link

RandomComicLayoutGuy
November 29, 2006 9:41 AM

Post #238946link

biped
November 29, 2006 1:11 PM

Post #238957link

edoggydog
November 30, 2006 8:46 AM

Post #239036link

HCRoyall
November 30, 2006 8:51 AM

Post #239037link

crabby
December 3, 2006 6:58 PM

Post #239280link

Humpenstein
December 3, 2006 7:58 PM

Post #239283link

boloboffin
December 5, 2006 11:15 AM

I thank all the participants. You are all too kind.

I will judge this tomorrow afternoon, so if there are any more scary stories out there, get them in!

Post #239379link

edoggydog
December 5, 2006 3:32 PM

Post #239404link

boloboffin
December 6, 2006 1:03 PM

Okay, it's judging time! It was a challenge that not a lot of people took up - (translation: bolo sucks at creating contests, and not in a good way) - so the folks who did step out there, I really appreciate a lot.

The winner, though, is crabby. He really took the contest to a new level, which is what I was looking for. The other strips are all good, biped's especially. But it's crabby today.

Post #239448link

crabby
December 6, 2006 3:24 PM

quote:

boloboffin wrote:
The winner, though, is crabby. He really took the contest to a new level, which is what I was looking for.

I really felt motivated by a contest which featured rules that could be drawn out into an artful 5 comic 3 panel per comic series. Thanks alot Bolobolon and I'll never forget this.

Post #239458link

RandomComicLayoutGuy
December 7, 2006 9:03 AM

quote:

boloboffin wrote:

Okay, it's judging time! It was a challenge that not a lot of people took up - (translation: bolo sucks at creating contests, and not in a good way) - so the folks who did step out there, I really appreciate a lot.

The winner, though, is crabby. He really took the contest to a new level, which is what I was looking for. The other strips are all good, biped's especially. But it's crabby today.


 

I guess I'll have to take your word for it that Crabby's was the best;  I fell asleep halfway thru #3 from reading all the dialogue...

Post #239507link

crabby
December 7, 2006 9:11 AM

We all have our own style I suppose.

I'm gonna try to think up ideas for a contest that people might actually want to participate in while I'm at work today and they should be posted shortly.

Post #239509link

RandomComicLayoutGuy
December 7, 2006 9:22 PM

quote:

crabby wrote:

We all have our own style I suppose.


 

Yes.  Your comics are well thought out, intellectually stimulating, and sophisticatedly humorous.  Mine are lame-ass doodlings from a three year-old's mindset

Post #239558link

crabby
December 7, 2006 11:44 PM

I appreciate the compliment.

New contest rules coming this weekend.

Post #239565link

RandomComicLayoutGuy
December 12, 2006 10:40 AM

Post #239759link

Forum archives » Comic Competitions » CC 340: Horror Comix

stripcreator
Make a comic
Forums
featuring
diesel sweeties
jerkcity
exploding dog
goats
ko fight club
penny arcade
chopping block
also
Brad Sucks