Important notice about the future of Stripcreator (Updated: May 2nd, 2023)

stripcreator forums
Jump to:

Stripcreator » Stripcreator CD Swap » Swap #5 Group 3: Mikey Choad Ivy and Umfum

Author

umfumdisi
Forum comment:

Member Rated:

Use this area to post about your discs, other member's discs, and the disco era.

---
Chicken Feather Bed Bugs Bunny Hop Sing Out Side Street Walker Texas Ranger Cookie Dough Boy Wonder Years

7-26-04 8:58pm (new)
quote : comics : pm : info

MikeyG
Shoots the shit and often misses

Member Rated:

I got a kick-ass group! You guys are all on my list of people who I'd make sweet, messy love to if you were ever so drunk you'd fuck a tractor. I will be trying to put shit together this weekend, my lovelies.

---
The giant three-phallused phallus of Uzbekistan will one day squirt the cosmic jizz of revenge all over Canada.

7-27-04 7:42am (new)

ivytheplant
Obsessive Comic Disorder

Member Rated:

My CDs will go out tomorrow. Well...they would if unfum sends me the address info.

Hey! I can stalk people now!

7-27-04 11:22am (new)

MikeyG

Member Rated:

I need to get the addys, as well as make the CDs.

---
The giant three-phallused phallus of Uzbekistan will one day squirt the cosmic jizz of revenge all over Canada.

7-27-04 12:48pm (new)

choadwarrior
Crash Magnet

Member Rated:

This group is entirely acceptable.

7-27-04 5:33pm (new)

umfumdisi
Forum comment:

Member Rated:

That's good. I wanted you all to myself this time. I know we're not international, but we are a house of pancakes.

---
Chicken Feather Bed Bugs Bunny Hop Sing Out Side Street Walker Texas Ranger Cookie Dough Boy Wonder Years

7-27-04 8:31pm (new)

ivytheplant
Obsessive Comic Disorder

Member Rated:

Mmmm...pancakes...

7-27-04 10:57pm (new)

MikeyG

Member Rated:

Pancakes are my specialty. I've penised countless pancakes into stuff.

---

7-28-04 3:16pm (new)

ivytheplant
Obsessive Comic Disorder

Member Rated:

Due to my impending torture at the hands of a sadistic bastard with a last name eerily similar to MikeyG's, I'm probably going to wait until my lunch hour on Friday to mail everything. Unless I feel really lousy, in which case I'll wait til Monday when the narcotics have worn off.

7-28-04 5:35pm (new)

MikeyG

Member Rated:

I hope you guys like my mix. It's not really full of obscure stuff, but I hope you all give it a chance anyway. I'll post when they're sent out.

---

8-03-04 7:53am (new)

choadwarrior
Crash Magnet

Member Rated:

I've decided to send out two discs. Disc one is 95% complete, and disc two is about 65% there. I'll probably have it settled by the weekend.

I'm all for obscurity, mikey.

8-03-04 5:47pm (new)

umfumdisi
Forum comment:

Member Rated:

One of my discs is so obscure, I don't even know who's on it! :P

---

8-03-04 8:34pm (new)

ivytheplant
Obsessive Comic Disorder

Member Rated:

I'm hoping one of my discs will make brains hurt.

8-03-04 9:50pm (new)

MikeyG

Member Rated:

Oh man, now I'm intimidated by you bastards. Hardly any of it is obscure. I'm sure there's a few you've all never heard, but I guess I'll just have to be the clueless n00b in this swap.

---

8-04-04 8:39am (new)

ivytheplant
Obsessive Comic Disorder

Member Rated:

All the CDs have been officially sent out (including #4, sorry unfum). I sent them first class because I'm a cheap bastard and I know priority doesn't make much of a difference around here anyway.

When they arrive, you'll know. In fact, some might question your sexuality due to the packaging.

8-06-04 12:22pm (new)

choadwarrior
Crash Magnet

Member Rated:

playlists are finalized. I'll be sending two discs. burning commences this week after I go buy more cds.

8-08-04 3:23pm (new)

umfumdisi
Forum comment:

Member Rated:

Received discs from ivy today in "handsome" packaging. Artwork is cool.

Since I side-swapped with dcom, and I still owe mmyers one more review from the last swap, I'm a bit backed up. However, due diligence will prevail. I appreciate feedback and try to give it always.

---

8-09-04 9:38pm (new)

MikeyG

Member Rated:

Playlist is finalized, and if it doesn't all fit onto one, I will be extending it to two discs of commercial goodness. I will be getting it (them) burned this week, and then y'all can sample my flava. Or something similarly ebarassing.

---

8-10-04 6:32am (new)

ivytheplant
Obsessive Comic Disorder

Member Rated:

When you've given the discs at least one good listen, let me know and I'll hand over the tracklist.

Glad you liked the packaging, umfum. ;^)

8-10-04 8:12am (new)

MikeyG

Member Rated:

It's review time! I've been listening to nothing but Ivy's mixes for the last couple of days. I LOVE them! I'm really glad I got them before I sent my mix out, though. Seriously there were a couple of songs I was going to put on MY mix that I had to cross off.

P.S. - Anyone who got them can PM Ivy for the track list if they want.
I listened to Schizophrenia first, because I was not sure what order to listen to them in. I think I got it right.

Track 1 - I haven't heard this since I was a wee lad. Even though every so often I'll sing it in my head, it was awesome to hear.

Track 2 - I liked the beats and rhythm in this a lot. The sounds were awesome, and I have a certain affinity for this type of music because it's usually really dancy music with a lot of good sounds.

Track 3 - This one was funny, and ALMOST made me rethink my hatred of country music. Almost.

Track 4 - Well, who doesn't like this song? It's one of those songs that just works its way into your subconscious and stays there, only to be piqued when you hear it. Unfortunately, it's also the theme of certain commercials now, which sucks ass.

Track 5 - This is one of my all-time favorite songs, hands down. It's ALWAYS funny, every time you hear it. I love those fuckers, and just about everything they do.

Track 6 - This was beautiful. What a voice!

Track 7 - This was some seriously weird shit. I thought it was German, but I was wrong. The girl's voice is so off-key it made my nuts rattle. And the male or whatever it is was just ridiculous. It sounds like a guy singing while really straining to take a shit. Funny stuff.

Track 8 - I love this song. It has one of my favorite lines in music. Writing this without spoilers was tough, because I know a lot of these songs, but this is the closest thing I'll give to a spoiler:
"You keep thinkin' that you'll never get burned. But I just found me a brand new box o' matches."
Love it!

Track 9 - God, this is such a goofy, corny song. I was sitting there shaking my head, laughing, and wondered who did it. When I found out who did this song it was even more astonishing.

Track 10 - This was uplifting and pretty cool. Although nothing beats the original.

Track 11 - All I will say about this is that I love dick cheese. Take that as you will.

Track 12 - Oh, Ivy. If you put yourself into these CDs I think I'm in love with you now! LOVE this song. Reminds me of being a kid and watching their show reruns on Nickelodeon.

Track 13 - One word: Deliverance.

Track 14 - This track makes Track 5 all that much funnier. Good show.

Track 15 - I am not entirely sure what this was. It was operatic, though.

Track 16 - For some reason, I liked this song. I probably shouldn't, but I did and still do.

Track 17 - Cheesy song, silly as all hell.

Track 18 - Cute!

Track 19 - How fitting. A proper homage.

Track 20 - Man, do I love that dick cheese. Yup, can't get enough of all that dick cheese.

Track 21 - Classic, classic song. He will be missed so very, very much. Say what you want, but this man kicked some major ass.

Track 22 - I'm Sergio Leone, and I heartily approve of this song.

Track 23 - The end!!!!! Cool.

Review of Disc 2 (I'm in Your Head) on Monday!

---

8-13-04 10:28am (new)

AccentuateNegative
Your Gay

Member Rated:

I'll give a listen later today, but first, here's what happened when I went down to the post office:

[Click to view comic: 'Ivy's Choice of Packaging']

8-14-04 10:50am (new)

umfumdisi
Forum comment:

Member Rated:

Responses and thoughts upon "Schizophrenia"
-------------------------------------------
[/b]
01. This track is more than meets the eye.
02. For some odd reason, I'm now bouncing around the room, and I'm hungry for honey.
03. I can't say much about #03 without spoiling except that it goes very well with #02--in my mind, at least.
04. Now I'm shaking, and I wish I had platform shoes.
05. I'm a MAN, a M-A-N, a male, and I'm LMFAO.
06. Now, I'm a woman, wo-man, seemingly full of woe, man. Whoa.
07. After hearing #07, I'm thinking ivy would have liked my "Twang, Violence, & Chicken" disc.
08. Is this the original? I'm not sure.
09. Tastes Hobbity.
10. Adventure-y!
11. Ha. I can't quite place that voice, but the song is very cool.
12. Sweet sound from my childhood.
13. Excellent. I've always wanted a good copy.
14. I feel like going to the zoo and looking at large, striped members of the Kat family.
15. Das Heinfietz!
16. Of all the things I've heard so far, I'm calling this one "weird."
17. Back to stuff I know--and like! ;)
18. Boris Karlov?
19. D00d! He just died! That's super freaky.
20. I think I like this version better than the original. I think Bill Murray would, too!
21. Well, MikeyG gave this one away as far as the artist. The song itself always makes me envision a burning anus. Ouch.
22. This is a slightly odd version of one of my favorite movie themes.
23. At least he's happy about it?

[hr]

"Schizophrenia" is a great collection of some odd music grounded by well-known anchor points. These anchors are the calm, sane resting points between otherwise stormy seas. Upheavals of mood and mind leave the listener feeling rather (do I need to say it?) schizophrenic. Disconnect and comfort battle for possession of the listening mind.

I like this collection a lot, and I'm looking forward to the second disc, "I'm In Your Head," which I suspect will be totally different yet eerily similar!

---

8-14-04 8:31pm (new)

MikeyG

Member Rated:

Ok, peeps. I've now burned the CDs and will be sending them out Saturday. In the meantime, I will be reviewing Ivy's second CD, "In Your Head".

Track 1 - This is a song I had to cross off my own list to put on the swap. Story behind it: My very first car, I've got five of my friends crammed into a teensy little '87 Toyota Corolla, manual. It's snowing HEAVILY, visibility zero, coming down a hill I skid into the side of an oncoming car. I dented his wheel well, no big deal, my friends are fine. The song on the radio? This one. A year or so later in my second car, some asshole hits me in the same wheel well (left passenger side) as I make a left turn, and as I stop the car to get out and scream at the idiot, that song is playing. Kinda spooky, but every time I heard that song in the car since then my blood froze.

Track 2 - Not his best, but still a great song. It's weird, because I used to have really, really vivid dreams of being able to fly by concentrating.

Track 3 - This was sweet and well-done, but not really my thing.

Track 4 - This is another song I had to remove from my own tracklist. The writer of this song, the original writer, said that the man who did this version of the song achieved things with this version that he did not think were possible. The original is good, this version is better. Beautiful, beautiful song.

Track 5 - I'm kind of on the fence about this one. On one hand I can leave it on in the background, on the other hand it's a little too emo-strumming for me.

Track 6 - Great song! Always loved it except for one line, but it's forgivable.

Track 7 - I don't care what anybody says about this guy or how "pop" he is, I love him. LOVE him!

Track 8 - I ran SO far away from this track. But then I came back.

Track 9 - I met him once, true story. Great stuff.

Track 10 - I liked this. Her voice was pretty nice, although the tableture seems a bit generic. A couple of parts of this song were really kickass, though.

Track 11 - Yet ANOTHER song I had to eliminate from my track list. I've had this song on every computer I've had since 1998.

Track 12 - I can't place this song, but I've heard it and liked it.

Track 13 - the Honeymooner's Theme? Is it? I don't even know what this is, but it reminds me of something scary.

Track 14 - I know this song...it actually sounds better this way, I think.

Track 15 - This is one of my most favorite songs ever. I sometimes think it may be the prettiest song I have ever heard.

Track 16 - All I'll say is that I like the original better.

Track 17 - I swear this is the third mix I've received from someone with this song on it! Still love it.

---

8-19-04 2:14pm (new)

choadwarrior
Crash Magnet

Member Rated:

Discs went out today.

8-21-04 11:19am (new)

choadwarrior
Crash Magnet

Member Rated:

BTW, ivy, i havent forgotten about your playlist. i havent had time to listen at home and the cd player in my car crapped out last week and it will take another week to get a replacement...i'll comment at some point, but the two passive listens i gave pleased me.

8-22-04 8:19pm (new)

Stripcreator » Stripcreator CD Swap » Swap #5 Group 3: Mikey Choad Ivy and Umfum

reload page with comics

Jump to:

Post A Reply

stripcreator
Make a comic
Your comics
Create account
Forums
Help
comics
Random Comic
Comic Contests