Important notice about the future of Stripcreator (Updated: May 2nd, 2023)

stripcreator forums
Jump to:

Stripcreator » Fights Go Here » So long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, good night

Author

boorite
crazy knife lady

Member Rated:

This is goodbye, at least for now. Almost everyone who reads this means too much to me for me to just fuck off without saying something. So I'm saying something.

The story is pretty much there in the Tim_Leigh thread in RMDC for anyone who's interested. Long story long: The other day, squidrabies (whom I've admired as probably the most consistently funny and valuable contributor here) logged on drunk and revived Tim's thread by flaming me and Ivy by name, specifically and exclusively, for "shitting in (Tim's) mouth" and for generally making Stripcreator an intolerable place to be, what with our nastiness to newbies and our inane jokes. The odd thing is that Ivy and I were not nasty to this newbie. We were friends with him.

Some had severely criticized Tim, but Ivy and I were not among them. And everyone (except one person) had long since made up anyway. I was actually friends with the guy, and it was obvious, right there in the thread. (Go see, if you're interested.) Pointing this out didn't discourage squidrabies. He flamed us some more, saying some extremely nasty, false, personal things-- all, he said, in the name of making SC a nicer place.

Yes, squid was flaming the shit out of us to tell us we should make kinder, more intelligent contributions to the forum community. Among his methods were such charming tactics as insulting Ivy's breasts. It was Inflatable Man all over again.

Crabby took the opportunity to pile on and publicly rehash a six-week-old incident wherein he had heaped the most vicious personal abuse on Ivy in the chatroom, then "apologized," then immediately did it again. He had called her a fat, ugly internet whore who should kill herself, called her spouse (me) old and creepy and disgusting, and much much more. On and on. The sort of things that if you said it to a couple in person, the guy would see to it that you would not walk or eat solid food again for some time. Sadly, I was not in a position to effect such an outcome, but I can only hope that crabby mouths off like this to a couple in person someday. I know he won't, because he's nothing but a dope-addled chickenshit who likes to hurt women's feelings while hiding behind a computer screen. There are few forms of life lower than crabby, and I mean that sincerely.

Anyway, he brought all this up again, off-topic and six weeks out of context, repeated many of the insults, insisted they were true, and moaned about the quite natural consequence that we loathed the fucker. This he called an apology. Not "I was wrong, and I won't do it again." No, it was more like, "you're ugly, you're lame, I'm sorry that upsets you, and I'm tired of walking on eggshells." This, of course, is the kind of "apology" anyone with an ounce of sense would tell you to shove up your ass. But you'd have a hard time hearing him over the noise of your head being pounded against the floor.

All this, crabby tells us, in the name of putting the past behind us.

Attacking people with false accusations and insults-- in the name of making SC a nicer, smarter place. Reiterating the most vitriolic personal attack I have ever heard-- in the name of putting the past behind us. It's all there if you don't believe me, and I wouldn't blame you if you didn't. Go see it. It's fucking crazy. I mean it's knee-crawling, wall-biting, shit-smearing mad.

Yeah, squid complains that I often post nonsense, which is true. I think it's fun. On the obnoxiousness scale, I don't think that's even in the same universe as what squidrabies and crabby have subjected us to. I mean, talk about ruining the fucking community. Just fucking nuts.

Ivy's already decided it's more than she can stand.

I was in denial, myself. I said a couple of intoxicated fuck knuckles like squidrabies and crabby were not going to ruin my favorite place with my favorite people in it. But the truth is, they already have. It is beyond my power to log on here, see shit like this directed at me and my wife, and remain in a good mood. Maybe some of you are that tough, but I'm not. Try it sometime. It's not fun. Sure, almost everyone here is great, and it's the smartest, funniest, most interesting group I've known in over 20 years online. But it's no fun to swim in a pool with a turd in it. One or two assholes, if they're obnoxious enough, can ruin the place.

I'm not going to act invulnerable and cynical here. We are sad enough about this that it has kept us up nights. It's a hell of a thing when you visit your favorite place on Earth with a feeling of dread, thinking my God, what next? It is a loss, and we're grieving.

But speaking for myself, it's better to leave and forget about it than to hang around anyplace that has a lowlife like crabby in it. Seeing that sadistic prick invite people to contribute to his "love fest" has to be the most nauseating spectacle I have ever had the privilege of witnessing up close. This is a guy who enjoys making girls cry on the internet. He thinks nothing of telling them the most hurtful things he can think of. Go ahead and ask him-- he'll tell you. Read the thread. Then sign up for his fucking "love fest." Crabby is scum.

And I certainly don't want to be subject to yet another random, insane, squid/inflatable-style tirade anytime soon. What makes it worse is that we counted these people friends. We tried to be people here. In retrospect, that was great for relating to the 99% of you who are decent, but it made us vulnerable to the kind of parasite that gets off on attacking people for things like their appearance. TMI was supposed to be a joke-- haha, gross, spare us the details. But it turns out it really was TMI. People like squidrabies and crabby will come back to flog you with your personal information out of sheer malice. Just a word to the wise.

Just to set the record straight: Ivy often donates money on behalf of newbs to make them donors. I was friends with the newb that squidrabies got so riled up about. There is no clique, and there is no "in group," and there was no attack led by me and Ivy to make ourselves feel cool. That is a figment of squidrabies's drunken imagination. Not one quote was given in support of this accusation because no such quote exists. See for yourself. It's bullshit.

But I'm tired of saying it's bullshit, and I'm tired of hearing what ugly losers my wife and I are. It's really annoying. All the people I started here with made the choice to wander off a long time ago, and I guess it's my turn. And I'm not promising I won't be back. Anyway, so long, love you guys, and I hope to see you someplace else.

---
What others say about boorite!

11-17-06 2:11pm (new)
quote : comics : pm : info

matclarke
herpes laden mug

Member Rated:

Crap on a stick! Your quitting! 100% of my posts are nonsense and I had a true appreciation for the random junk that you would post. Today is a sad day. I take back all the, "BOORITE YOU CUNT!" posts. You and Ivey will be missed and this place will be worse off without you guys.

P.S. if you ever finish Fatal Beer Run email me the ending!!!!!!!!!!!!!

---
obscenity filter is off

11-17-06 2:25pm (new)

BigFrank105
Obsessive Comic Disorder

Member Rated:

11-17-06 2:27pm (new)

LuckyGuess
hm

Member Rated:

Aw man... best wishes to you two. You've been wonderful to me. Thanks for the fun.

lawl buttsecks

---
the kid's getting old, the kid's getting old

11-17-06 2:58pm (new)

dcomposed
C3H5N3O9

Member Rated:

Is it going to take him 28 days to quit?

---
Batman created by Bob Kane

11-17-06 3:13pm (new)

HCRoyall
100mg Thorazine, Please

Member Rated:

Fuck them. I'm still keeping the boorite and ivy shrines in my closet.

---
It was such a waste of everyone’s time and money that even the Tokyo stadium’s rape robots apologized– something they were programmed specifically never to do.

11-17-06 3:13pm (new)

christopher7murphy
underestimated the power of cheese

Member Rated:

I am not much of a poster, but I dread reading the above and had to say something. I am sorry to see you both go, I enjoyed each of your strips. No one should ever feel unwelcomed. Your nonsence posts were fun..

I wish you both well.

Chris

---
Insert Theme to Mannix here

11-17-06 5:10pm (new)

areallystupidguy
Poison Gas Pokemon

Member Rated:

I love both you guys.

---
It's grime time.

11-17-06 5:15pm (new)

Drexle
Your Cure for Lameness

Member Rated:

I miss the days when you and Maak fucked each other in the ass on the politics thread.

11-17-06 7:41pm (new)

attitudechicka
is never bored.

Member Rated:

While I love you both and will miss you, I don't enjoy being attacked for my decison to participate in crabby's "lovefest" as you call it. It's making comics, which is what this whole place is about. I feel like I'm being forced to choose, and I don't want to. I feel bad that crabby's words hurt you, and I agree that it was wrongful personal attacks, but I don't want to choose.

I'll miss you guys. I still have Ivy's cell phone number. I'll give you a call when I can get up the money to make it out your way. But don't expect me to choose.

---
Mediocrity at its most average.

11-17-06 7:58pm (new)

Zaster
Wait for it...

Member Rated:

Well, I'll save the real passion for stuff going on in the real world. I just come here for a little bit of a laugh now and then. But I just wanted to say that I think you are both pretty cool (from what I've seen) and very funny. And I hope you reconsider.

Good luck in all your... real world stuff... that you, uh... do.

---
I was gonna send a robot back in time, but I got high.

11-18-06 5:21am (new)

biped
Mr. Wonderful

Member Rated:

Why leave an entire website because of two or three people? It's not like there's a mob of angry villagers chasing you with torches or anything. I'll bet Frankenstein wouldn't give a shit if there were only two or three guys coming after him.

---
Legend, oh legend, the third wheel legend...always in the way.

11-18-06 7:09am (new)

Inflatable_Man
Heart stopper. Hip hopper. Pill popper.

Member Rated:

First, thanks to Big Frank for linking me to this thread, and distracting me from my work.

So does this mean it's okay to advocate the hot salsa rape of his daughter again?

Hmmn... you three defending eachother and ganging up on me a month ago and now you're at eachother's throats? Oh, irony... could you be anymore delicious?

Some facts:

(1) Squidrabies rocks and his comics beat yours by a factor of a million.

(2)You do post nonsense that no one finds funny, with the possible exception of Ivy. Everyone else is just being nice and secretly thinks you're a bit of a douche.

(3) Ivy's tits make every non-desperate, non-alcoholic man gag. I would rather see goatse.

(4) Despite popular belief not all my comics are gone. I had an alias here: Thread_Jew. Those are still kicking around.

Okay, just wanted to duck in to laugh at the irony here. Thanks for the laugh, boo!

---
Destroying my reputation one post at a time.

11-18-06 8:02am (new)

biped
Mr. Wonderful

Member Rated:

This is all such a bunch of silly-ass bullshit.

---
Legend, oh legend, the third wheel legend...always in the way.

11-18-06 8:34am (new)

choadwarrior
Crash Magnet

Member Rated:

Boo, Ivy...I hope you soon miss this place as much as it will miss you. Come back soon.

11-18-06 10:45am (new)

fuzzyman
Alpha Geek

Member Rated:

What choad said. I couldn't say it any better.

And a nice reference to a Cheap Trick song, to boot.

---
...Trot and Cap'n Bill were free from anxiety and care. Button-Bright never worried about anything. The Scarecrow, not being able to sleep, looked out of the window and tried to count the stars.

11-18-06 11:10am (new)

dcomposed
C3H5N3O9

Member Rated:

cheap trick is also a good way to describe ivy.

---
Batman created by Bob Kane

11-18-06 1:53pm (new)

boorite
crazy knife lady

Member Rated:

Thanks, guys.

I had a parting thought that helped me sort this out, and maybe it will be useful to someone else.

On any other web forum I've visited lately, Inflatable, squidrabies, and crabby (among others) would have been banned instantly and without a second thought for flaming outside the board set aside for that purpose, which in SC's case is FGH. The unprovoked, off-topic, and extremely personal nature of the flames would have left zero doubt that they deserved to be banned. But here, I have felt that my only recourse is to defend myself and flame back.

That's not Brad or the mods' doing. It's mine. SC is like international waters. It is very loosely moderated, and I have always liked it that way. I have always chosen to "handle it myself" rather than "run crying to the mods." Like many people I know, when I go to a more strictly moderated board, I enjoy having a little bitch about the fascist mods. Even when someone goes far enough to get banned here, Brad and the mods practically never hear the end of it.

Now I stand corrected. By choosing the unmoderated forum, I have put myself in a place where one or two assholes can ruin my fun. By bitching about reactionary mods, I've neglected to thank them for running a forum I can enjoy. Webmasters and mods are in a tough position. Either they run a place that gets fouled by every vile shithead that comes along, or they have to listen to constant bitching about their Nazi board policies. In my personal experience where I make the choices, I have made it that way, and today I'd like to make a different choice, and I will.

You see in a post above this one the words of a person who cannot distinguish morally between saying that crabby is scum because he likes to make girls cry on the internet, and saying that crabby's little girl deserves to be "raped by a Mexican" because crabby made a silly joke about a celebrity who died. To Inflatable, they are the same, and thus there is "irony" here, and I really am convinced that he lacks the mental or moral capacity to tell the difference. I have chosen to be in a place where I know that this kind of person is as free to set the tone of a discussion as any decent person. I've made that bed and lain in it for over five years. I've decided I don't like it, and it doesn't have to be that way anymore.

Maybe this is perfectly obvious to most of you, but I find it a liberating kind of revelation. I hope someone finds it useful.

Again, thanks all, and I'll see you.

---
What others say about boorite!

11-18-06 2:03pm (new)

The_young_scot
Makes out like a Lesbian

Member Rated:

This thread makes me sad :(

When I was just starting out here I didn't get any hostility from the "regulars". Quite the opposite actually, Ivy suddenly informed me that she had donated on my behalf. That's hardly picking on noobs!
I liked boorites nonsensical internet speak for what it was, a joke. I think both of you are tremendously nice and funny, and I'll miss our funny chats on IRC.

However I still like squid and crabby (both sea creatures, coincidence?) and although I may not agree with things that have been said, I'm not going to get involved. There isn't a person on this site that I have any bad feelings towards, sure there are some I don't find funny but that could just be my sense of humour.

But enough, Boo & Ivy I wish you well and hope that you come back soon!

P.S

Buttsecks

---
The following statement its true. The previous statement is false

11-18-06 2:15pm (new)

mandingo
weak stream

Member Rated:

boo and ivy, i just hope when it doesn't hurt as much to log in here, you will. i'm sure it particularly hurt to be blindsided by squidrabies, but give it a month or two. as evidenced by the the replies in this thread, three people do not a majority opinion make. you both will be missed by far more

---
what if nigger meant kite

11-18-06 3:23pm (new)

mandingo
weak stream

Member Rated:

this still kills me!

---
what if nigger meant kite

11-18-06 3:26pm (new)

LuckyGuess
hm

Member Rated:

And a last random picture, in the spirit of random thread pictures (a trait I picked up from boorite).

---
the kid's getting old, the kid's getting old

11-18-06 5:38pm (new)

matclarke
herpes laden mug

Member Rated:

I'm gona kick some ass and chew bubble gum, and currently i'm all out of bubble gum. COME AT THY YOU, YOU, YOU BOORITE AND IVEY HATERS!

---
obscenity filter is off

11-18-06 6:31pm (new)

matclarke
herpes laden mug

Member Rated:

---
obscenity filter is off

11-18-06 6:37pm (new)

crabby
I have an awesome avatar.

Member Rated:

I hope boo and ivy return soon as well. I wish them nothing but the best in their continued internet adventures.

11-18-06 7:31pm (new)

Stripcreator » Fights Go Here » So long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, good night

reload page with comics

Jump to:

Post A Reply

stripcreator
Make a comic
Your comics
Create account
Forums
Help