So here's how it works:
To put a comic in your post, copy all the text from the address bar (in your browser) into your post AND LEAVE IT ALONE. Put it on a separate line if you have to. The site does the rest.
There's a maximum of 5 comics allowed per post. If you want more than that you'll need to post them 5 at a time. Better yet, just post your THREE BEST COMICS- this way people are more likely to read them, and when they do they'll be reading your best work.
If you want to add an image, click the little button that looks like a tree and enter the link into the 'Image URL' field. Leave everything else alone.
Preview your post and LOOK AT IT. Literally, move your damn eyeballs so you can see what your post will look like before you submit it. Does it look right? If not then FIX IT BEFORE POSTING. If your comics don't show up there, they're not going to.
Start over if you have to.
Other tips for noobs:
Don't make multiple topics to spam your comics in the first week- reply to your first topic instead. Most regulars won't even look at you until you've been around for at least 6 months, so deal with it.
Spell you little *******s. Mistakes should be rare, and if you're not trying to avoid them you're a moron. NEVER use "leet speak" or any form of internet slang. Ever.
Tips for getting the respect of the community:
- Read the work of people who have 4 and 5 stars, and familiarise yourself with the format strips should be in.
- Use the correct spelling and grammar at all times.
- Don't get too wordy- less text is easier to read.
- Don't use the narration box. Ever.
- NEVER use so much text that the background "loops".
- Avoid redundant statements.
- ALWAYS put a punchline in your comics.
- If you can't think of a punchline then don't make the comic.
- Don't make "action" comics. There just isn't enough art available for this to work. Stick to "funny".
- Don't use 6 different characters and 3 backgrounds in a comic. Use the same panel 3 times.
- Don't rush out and make as many comics as you can- people just don't care how many comics you have. Quality over quantity.
- MAKE AN EFFORT- if you don't at least try to follow these simple rules then don't be surprised if you get ignored or possibly flamed until you leave.
Dinosaurs had eggs bro, the chicken came way later.