Important notice about the future of Stripcreator (Updated: May 2nd, 2023)

stripcreator forums
Jump to:

Stripcreator » Fights Go Here » Post your political arguments here!

Author

andydougan
Film critic subordinaire

Member Rated:

Let's separate the tree-hugging babykillers from the Bible-bashing fascists!

11-13-01 1:42pm (new)
quote : comics : pm : info

wirthling
supercalifragilisticexpialadosucks

Member Rated:

Nazi.

---
"And Wirthling isn't worth the paper he isn't printed on."

11-13-01 1:57pm (new)

fuzzyman
Alpha Geek

Member Rated:

Fascist.

---
...Trot and Cap'n Bill were free from anxiety and care. Button-Bright never worried about anything. The Scarecrow, not being able to sleep, looked out of the window and tried to count the stars.

11-13-01 2:10pm (new)

andydougan
Film critic subordinaire

Member Rated:

This isn't the spirit-rousing discourse I'd hoped for.

11-13-01 6:35pm (new)

fuzzyman
Alpha Geek

Member Rated:

Says you! Commie.

---
...Trot and Cap'n Bill were free from anxiety and care. Button-Bright never worried about anything. The Scarecrow, not being able to sleep, looked out of the window and tried to count the stars.

11-13-01 7:02pm (new)

crabby
I have an awesome avatar.

Member Rated:

Who's a dirty red?

11-13-01 7:25pm (new)

krinkle
Member - Tobor Fan Club

Member Rated:

i hate everyone and everything!

---
"You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel..." - homer

11-13-01 7:30pm (new)

crabby

Member Rated:

I bet you aren't even union pal.

You dirty SCAB!!!!!!!!

11-13-01 7:33pm (new)

andydougan
Film critic subordinaire

Member Rated:

When you try a defendant for robbery, do you ask him how long he has been unemployed? Do you ask him how many children he has, which days of the week he ate and which he didn't, do you investigate his social context at all? You just send him to jail without further thought. But those who burn warehouses and stores to collect insurance do not go to jail, even though a few human beings may have gone up in flames. The insured have money to hire lawyers and bribe judges. You imprison the poor wretch who steals because he is hungry; but none of the hundreds who steal millions from the Government has ever spent a night in jail. You dine with them at the end of the year in some elegant club and they enjoy your respect. In Cuba, when a government official becomes a millionaire overnight and enters the fraternity of the rich, he could very well be greeted with the words of that opulent character out of Balzac - Taillefer - who in his toast to the young heir to an enormous fortune, said: 'Gentlemen, let us drink to the power of gold! Mr. Valentine, a millionaire six times over, has just ascended the throne. He is king, can do everything, is above everyone, as all the rich are. Henceforth, equality before the law, established by the Constitution, will be a myth for him; for he will not be subject to laws: the laws will be subject to him. There are no courts nor are there sentences for millionaires.'

Discuss.

11-13-01 7:40pm (new)

crabby

Member Rated:

If you think I'm gonna read through all that you got another thing coming.

PIG NAZI LONG POSTER.

11-13-01 7:45pm (new)

fuzzyman
Alpha Geek

Member Rated:

Stud.

---

11-13-01 8:14pm (new)

itsclark
Bar Room Superman

Member Rated:

All I know is that anyone who steals from this working-class stiff better thank Eris for setting him up with a cozy suite in the hacksaw hotel, as opposed to a ride out on the "L" train to Trauma Town.

---
"You'll burn for this. Burn in jail!"

11-14-01 8:14am (new)

KajunFirefly
chooby digital (in stereo)

Member Rated:

It's hypocritical of us to stand up for the "working man" and make out that the upper-classes are the bad guys, society pushes us towards being upper class. The mobile phones, the visits to starbucks, the expensive shoes, the cars, all we want to do is appear wealthier than each other and basically distance ourselves from the scum on the street, who we assume are stealing to feed a drug habit (you mean they're not?).

I blame society, it's not my fault the poor are poor. At the moment in my life I cut corners, lie, cheat, even steal from my work to save myself some money, when I'm in a larger, more powerfull position, I'll almost definitely cut the same corners, but on a bigger scale and for what reason? to better myself, that's it, so that I can put my feet up on a more expensive coffee table that night, or so that I can buy a faster car to drive past the same people on the street who are probably better human beings than I'll ever be.

and will I care?

will I fuck!

---
Dad was flammable

11-14-01 12:58pm (new)

boorite
crazy knife lady

Member Rated:

If money were all I cared about, I sure as hell wouldn't be in academia.

---
What others say about boorite!

11-14-01 1:28pm (new)

andydougan
Film critic subordinaire

Member Rated:

I don't have a mobile and my shoes are cheap. I've never been to Starbucks in my life. And I'm pretty sure I can honestly say that my main aim in life is not to appear wealthier than others. Maybe that's your ambition, but it's not mine!

quote:
I blame society, it's not my fault the poor are poor. At the moment in my life I cut corners, lie, cheat, even steal from my work to save myself some money, when I'm in a larger, more powerfull position, I'll almost definitely cut the same corners, but on a bigger scale and for what reason? to better myself, that's it, so that I can put my feet up on a more expensive coffee table that night, or so that I can buy a faster car to drive past the same people on the street who are probably better human beings than I'll ever be.

and will I care?

will I fuck!

How can you blame society, then? Just because many people steal from and kill one another doesn't mean it's the right thing to do.

P.S. I added you to my favourites.

11-14-01 1:31pm (new)

crabby

Member Rated:

Stud.

11-14-01 1:54pm (new)

evil_d
Riding through your town with his head on fire

Member Rated:

What Andy said. Hey, if society pushes you towards being upper class, push back. You're not gonna take that shit from society, are you? That's a fight where I come from.

---
The what mentioned above is total fiction. Please don't take it seriously!

11-14-01 1:58pm (new)

KajunFirefly

Member Rated:

At the end of the day, I just want to have a fucking great life, I find it's easier to swim with the current than against it.

I'm not saying I'm particularly proud of it, but I just look out for number one. I have a generally poor opinion of the public as a whole, especially the upper classes.

believe me, I'm one to follow the conventional

my frequent trips to Amsterdam to binge on "the delights" is my way of kicking society in the balls!

---
Dad was flammable

11-14-01 2:38pm (new)

KajunFirefly

Member Rated:

that should have read, "believe me, I'm NOT one to follow the conventional"

p.s. about fucking time Andy!

---
Dad was flammable

11-14-01 2:44pm (new)

arrandildocompany
Pink Donkey Wrangler

Member Rated:

Surely something of a sweeping statement.
Aitken and Archer are in jail and Hamilton is bankrupt. The system clearly works.

---
Worldwide Front for Islamic Jihad against Jews, Crusaders and Naughty Monkeys

11-14-01 4:47pm (new)

andydougan
Film critic subordinaire

Member Rated:

Surely something of a sweeping statement.
Aitken and Archer are in jail and Hamilton is bankrupt. The system clearly works.

I guess Castro didn't think a breakdown of the exact statistics would be as emotive.
But it's also a massively sweeping statement to say "the system clearly works". To use a recent example, why is Henry McLeish not in jail for an offence which would certainly cause a dole fraud to be sent down?

11-14-01 4:59pm (new)

KajunFirefly

Member Rated:

I tried to think of a reply all day, but I can't say anything other than I agree with you, which kind of pisses on the fire of political debate.

another topic?

---
Dad was flammable

11-15-01 12:41pm (new)

andydougan
Film critic subordinaire

Member Rated:

quote:
I tried to think of a reply all day, but I can't say anything other than I agree with you, which kind of pisses on the fire of political debate.

another topic?

I'm waiting for arrandil to reply with his defence of the status quo.

11-15-01 12:49pm (new)

Kevin_Keegans_Perm
Bean There, Done That

Member Rated:

McLeish maybe should be in jail , but bearing in mind his constituency is in Fife , thats a life sentence anyway.

McConnell should be in jail. If you recall his involvement in the Monklands District Council fiasco from about 8 years ago , the fact he escaped a jail sentence , and went on to become an almost surefire candidate for Scotlands first minister is a damning inditement of the current state of politics in Scotland.

The Current "Trousergate" scandal wont make the slightest bit of difference. A Man who doesnt value the sanctity of marriage , has been found guilty by committee , but not by a court of law , of taking backhanders , and who is widely acknowledged as probably one of the most corrupt and untrustworthy men in Scottish politics , is about to become its most powerful figure.

And it stinks. In ways i cant begin to describe.

---
"Life Sucks, Then you Die. The bit inbetween isnt very funny either"

11-15-01 3:08pm (new)

andydougan
Film critic subordinaire

Member Rated:

Actually, I don't think he should be in jail. As far as I can tell, he was incompetent rather than malicious. But it's ridiculous that someone who commits a similar offence on a far smaller scale (e.g. being paid to cut the lawn when they're on the dole) can be legally punished for requiring more than £40 a week.

quote:
McConnell should be in jail. If you recall his involvement in the Monklands District Council fiasco from about 8 years ago , the fact he escaped a jail sentence , and went on to become an almost surefire candidate for Scotlands first minister is a damning inditement of the current state of politics in Scotland.

The Current "Trousergate" scandal wont make the slightest bit of difference. A Man who doesnt value the sanctity of marriage , has been found guilty by committee , but not by a court of law , of taking backhanders , and who is widely acknowledged as probably one of the most corrupt and untrustworthy men in Scottish politics , is about to become its most powerful figure.

And it stinks. In ways i cant begin to describe.

Yeah, the guy's got west of Scotland Mafia written all over him. It's especially obscene that he's not even facing any competition for the job. I don't really care that he's got a wandering prick, but today's revelations that he got Labour MPs to pay his mistress's wages are another matter.
It's interesting that the staunchly Labour Daily Record is so against McConnell, though. Perhaps the editor's been having a word with Gordon Brown? Ah, conspiracy theories!

11-15-01 6:23pm (new)

Stripcreator » Fights Go Here » Post your political arguments here!

reload page with comics

Jump to:

Post A Reply

stripcreator
Make a comic
Your comics
Create account
Forums
Help
comics
Random Comic
Comic Contests