Important notice about the future of Stripcreator (Updated: May 2nd, 2023)

stripcreator forums
Jump to:

Stripcreator » Comic Competitions » CC632: Mashup Madness

Author

ZMannZilla
Ex-Zombie Hunting Dad Creature

Member Rated:

It's time for some famous Stripcreator series crossovers!

[Click to view comic: 'Tard Boy And BobTron - A Tribute To squidrabies']

I'm fairly certain every member of Stripcreator has at least once tried to do a "series" based on the same groups of characters. And, throughout this site's historical history, there have been some really noteworthy ones.

Another Stripcreator tradition is the "tribute strip" - taking a joke or concept that another user has made noteworthy, and doing your own strip along the same vein. "Cowboy Physics" gets a lot of these.

CC632 will be a crossover of those two concepts, to create a concept of crossovers.

Create a strip that combines two different series with hilarious results. The "combination" concept is pretty open to interpretation. For example, you could have one character from each series interact with each other. You could have characters from Series A interacting with the world of Series B. Perhaps characters from Series A are fans of Series B and discussing it in their own noteworthy way. Whatever your little heart desires, so long as you find a way to mash two Stripcreator series into one CC entry. 

NOTE: For the purposes of this comic, A "series" will be defined as "having more than 10 strips dedicated to its core characters and/or basic premise, as of 1/13/16". That means no creating a whole new series or "completing" a current one just to make it legit for this contest.

Other things:
- Please provide link(s) to one of the strips from each series, preferably one that you really like (think of it as a way to recommend the series to others)
- Multiple strips are fine
- Old strips are OK
- Bonus points if you didn't create either series

Let's see what you got! 

---
"He was cursed with a horrorshow of a face, like Guiseppe Archbold doing a study of mollusk tumors."

1-14-16 11:24am (new)
quote : comics : pm : info

Beeko180
Overlord Procrastinator: Or will be in a minute...

Member Rated:

Firstly, my entry:

[Click to view comic: 'CC632: Finkelman's Scyess-ful Punnery']

The comic takes Cowdjinn, a common staple character from Scyess' comics who features in far more than ten of his strips therefore qualifying under the rules as a series character, a giggle-inducing sample follows.

[Click to view comic: 'Intelligencia ]|[']

The comic also takes a well known character from Squidrabies' creation "Tardboy and Finkelman". I've always considered him to be Finkelman but due to the absurdist nature of the strips and a lot of weird statements thrown around in them, I'm left wondering which one is Finkelman, which one is Tard Boy and whether the title even refers to them at all, or even if the names were used by 'rabies interchangeably. They are, nevertheless, just as giggle-inducing and if you haven't read any by now (which I find myself wondering how on the stripcreator that could have happened) you probably should. Here's a sample:

[ Posted comic does not exist ]

---
You have my most solemn and honourbound of vows that clicking this link will not direct you to a youtube video of a rick roll

1-15-16 12:04am (new)

ragu4u
Because being DISGUSTING just isn't enough!

Member Rated:

YIKES!  The rules make my teeth hurt!  I'll take a pass on this one!

1-15-16 7:34am (new)

brycekain
AFallenMind.com

Member Rated:

Whoah, yeah, I have to agree with Ragu. I got halfway through the setup and rules and my eyes glazed over. I think doing stuff like this is good to shake things up, but my attention span as of late is just that of a gnat. If I can come up with anything, I'll post it, but no promises (I only promise when it comes to reach arounds.) 

---
...and if you liked that one, here's a link to my other stupid shit.

1-16-16 5:06am (new)

RandomComicLayoutGuy
Obsessive Comic Disorder

Member Rated:

Whoa, I got halfway through brycekain's explanation as to why he's not entering the contest or whatever, and MY eyes glazed over!

1-16-16 8:21am (new)

ZMannZilla

Member Rated:

TL;DR version:

DO A CROSSOVER BETWEEN 2 DIFFERENT STRIPCREATOR SERIES

The rest of it is just explaining what a "Stripcreator series" is, in case there were questions.

---
"He was cursed with a horrorshow of a face, like Guiseppe Archbold doing a study of mollusk tumors."

1-17-16 2:37pm (new)

ragu4u

Member Rated:

Well....I looked at the offering that Beeko180 posted and studied it thoroughly.   Now my HAIR as well as my teeth hurt! I'm still gonna pass on this baby.

1-18-16 6:59am (new)

ragu4u

Member Rated:

[ Posted comic does not exist ]

1-18-16 7:11am (new)

Porternotes
http://www.porternotes.com

Member Rated:

Here's my entry: [Click to view comic: 'CC632 Mashup Madness']

It's a mashup of my own series Vegan Dad with 4LT's series Simian Says.

I really enjoy the series.

I'll forego the extra points by using my own strip as the basis for my entry.  Plus I'm a self-promo guy.

Here's a link to Simian Says, there's not a bad one in the bunch: [Click to view comic: 'Simian Says: Express Your Feelings']  

---
https://www.porternotes.com

1-19-16 10:08am (new)

edoggydog
Comic Overlord

Member Rated:

1-19-16 2:52pm (new)

ZMannZilla

Member Rated:

Last call, judgement happens soon.

---

1-22-16 3:52pm (new)

ZMannZilla

Member Rated:

The winner of this contest is Porternotes. I'm familiar with your series as I've read pretty much every Vegan Dad you've done (including the ones on your other site).

Take my advice: keep it simple. Ragu4u is too important to this site's survival.

---

1-23-16 12:45pm (new)

brycekain
AFallenMind.com

Member Rated:

This is why we can't have nice flings.

---
...and if you liked that one, here's a link to my other stupid shit.

1-24-16 5:34am (new)

Porternotes
http://www.porternotes.com

Member Rated:

Thanks, I'm truly honored.

I'll post CC633 shortly.

Get your funny muscles warmed up.

---
https://www.porternotes.com

1-24-16 12:35pm (new)

ragu4u

Member Rated:

Hey!  Should my ass be hurtin after THAT?

1-26-16 7:34am (new)

Stripcreator » Comic Competitions » CC632: Mashup Madness

reload page with comics

Jump to:

Post A Reply

stripcreator
Make a comic
Your comics
Create account
Forums
Help