Important notice about the future of Stripcreator (Updated: May 2nd, 2023)

stripcreator forums
Jump to:

Stripcreator » Comic Competitions » Comic Cup VII: The Weakest Strip - Pedantic League

Author

fuzzyman
Alpha Geek

Member Rated:

Comic Cup VII: The Weakest Strip -- Pedantic League

I’ll summarize the rules here so you don’t have to go looking in the sign-up thread for them.
[list]
[*]This Cup is a mix of the rules Weakest Link and Survivor, where in each round all the participants create a strip and vote off the creator of the worst strip.
[*]The person voted off creates the rule for the next round. Revenge is sweet. I will be creating the rule for the first round.
[*]Unlike the game shows upon which this Cup is based, after you are voted off you still get to vote people off in the subsequent rounds… So don’t disappear after you get voted off. We still love you.
[*]In the final round, you will be voting for the winner, not for the person you want voted off.
[*]If you miss submitting a strip for a round, you’re ejected from the Cup. This seems harsh, but I can’t exactly let someone who doesn’t submit a strip get a free pass to the next round. If you think you will have a scheduling conflict at some point in the game, please let me know and I will do my best (within reason) to accommodate you.
[*]Once the rule for a round is posted, you have up to 36 hours to complete and post your comic. Rounds that run into the weekend will last longer. Once all the strips are in (or the deadline is past) I will give a signal to begin voting. (If all of the strips for the round are obviously in, just go ahead and start voting). The voting period will last up to 24 hours. Remember, except for the final round, you are voting for who to eject.
[*]In the event of a tie, the person voted off will be the one who has the most votes accumulated against them from previous rounds.
[*]Because so many people signed up for this Cup, I have split it into two concurrent league competitions – The Tobor League and the Pedantic League. Each League has 9 members. When each League is down to 4 members they will merge. I’ll create a new thread for that.
[/list]

The Pedantic League is:
[list]
[*]Big Evil Dan
[*]Bogart
[*]DexX
[*]flickguy
[*]kaufman
[*]kramer_vs_kramer
[*]ladyjdotnet
[*]lara7
[*]TheElPaso [/list]

On a personal note, please remember that this is about who makes the best (or worst) comic strips. It’s not about alliances or voting blocs or any strategy like that. Just make the funniest strips you can and see how far it takes you. Consistent goodness will be rewarded. Consistent badness won’t last long. Inconsistent goodness… well, just hope someone else does something worse on your bad days.

I’ll post the rule for the first round shortly.

---
...Trot and Cap'n Bill were free from anxiety and care. Button-Bright never worried about anything. The Scarecrow, not being able to sleep, looked out of the window and tried to count the stars.

12-08-01 8:57pm (new)
quote : comics : pm : info

fuzzyman
Alpha Geek

Member Rated:

Round 1

I’ll start the Cup with a simple rule to get you warmed up. Create a strip using the following words (in no particular order):
[list]
[*]leech
[*]redundant
[*]secrete
[*]telekinesis
[*]pajamas
[/list]
Since I am starting this round on the weekend, you have 48 hours to submit your strips. Let the games begin!

---
...Trot and Cap'n Bill were free from anxiety and care. Button-Bright never worried about anything. The Scarecrow, not being able to sleep, looked out of the window and tried to count the stars.

12-08-01 9:29pm (new)

DrClaw
Stripcreator Newbie

Member Rated:

simply question, perhaps i am lamer, newbie, or both

were do i sign up?

12-09-01 1:16am (new)

DrClaw
Stripcreator Newbie

Member Rated:

scratch that

12-09-01 1:16am (new)

lara7
Jimmy Carter says YES!

Member Rated:

[Click to view comic: 'X-files: 9 seasons and still going strong']

---
When they invent BookFace, I'm -there-.

12-09-01 3:28am (new)

DexX
What the Cat Dragged In

Member Rated:

[Click to view comic: 'Comic Cup VII - Oral tradition.']

Please forgive my UK spelling of "pyjamas". This strip is a good example of how contest rules can occasionally stifle a good joke. I thought this strip was much better when it ended on "shot my fucking leg off too", but I still had two words left to include.

Oh well...

---
This signature has performed an illegal operation and has been shut down.

12-09-01 9:21am (new)

fuzzyman
Alpha Geek

Member Rated:

I'm not going to be a rule Nazi during this whole thing. It's up to the voters to decide if others have followed the rule or not, and if stretching or missing a rule warrants a vote out.

But personally, I think "pyjamas" is fine.

---

12-09-01 10:09am (new)

BigEvilDan
Comic Overlord

Member Rated:

[Click to view comic: 'Comic Cup VII: Everyone's a Critic']

---
"Oh, look, a joke! How original! Thank you, but if I wanted my emotions stimulated pleasurably, I'd get a whore." - Donald B. Jones III

12-09-01 10:53am (new)

TheElPaso
Senior Comic Technician

Member Rated:

[Click to view comic: 'The Weakest Strip: Simultaneous chat room']

---
My love for you is like diarrhea, I just can't hold it in. -Weird Al Yankovic

12-09-01 10:58am (new)

KajunFirefly
chooby digital (in stereo)

Member Rated:

Can us Tobor Leaguers vote in the Pedantic competition?

---
Dad was flammable

12-09-01 12:38pm (new)

fuzzyman
Alpha Geek

Member Rated:

Ah, should have clarified that. No. And vice-versa.

But after the merge, everybody from both leagues votes.

---

12-09-01 12:43pm (new)

kramer_vs_kramer
Stripcreator Newbie

Member Rated:

12-09-01 12:56pm (new)

fuzzyman
Alpha Geek

Member Rated:

As the moderator I'm probably supposed to remain impartial, but damn that was good.

---

12-09-01 1:10pm (new)

KajunFirefly
chooby digital (in stereo)

Member Rated:

Even though I'm from the rival league, I agree and look forward to meeting Kramer in the final!

---
Dad was flammable

12-09-01 1:36pm (new)

Bogart
Member - Tobor Fan Club

Member Rated:

[Click to view comic: 'Goodbye']
Not so much funny as pathetic.

12-09-01 2:02pm (new)

kaufman
Director of Cats

Member Rated:

12-09-01 7:59pm (new)

ladyjdotnet
Snitcreator

Member Rated:

[ Posted comic does not exist ]

---
I am a delicate fucking flower. https://beacons.ai/jesskent

12-09-01 9:14pm (new)

Kitty_Kat
Stripcreator Regular

Member Rated:

I'm eager to see The El Paso voted off in the first round.

---
My life totally and completely REEKS.

12-10-01 5:23pm (new)

lara7
Jimmy Carter says YES!

Member Rated:

Question for the moderator:

with three hours before deadline, 1 contestant has not posted. If he doesn't post it in time, does he get kicked out AND the creator of the strip voted worst ALSO gets kicked out?

Also, if possible, depending on when you're online, a "deadline's up, time to vote" reminder might be nice, since we have way more strips to keep track of than we do in a usual Comic Cup.

---
When they invent BookFace, I'm -there-.

12-10-01 6:13pm (new)

fuzzyman
Alpha Geek

Member Rated:

quote:
Question for the moderator:

with three hours before deadline, 1 contestant has not posted. If he doesn't post it in time, does he get kicked out AND the creator of the strip voted worst ALSO gets kicked out?

Also, if possible, depending on when you're online, a "deadline's up, time to vote" reminder might be nice, since we have way more strips to keep track of than we do in a usual Comic Cup.

Yes, he gets kicked out AND the creator of the worst strip gets kicked out. And the person who didn't submit a strip doesn't even get to create a rule. I'm doing it that way because otherwise a lot of people made strips for nothing.

Way ahead of you on the voting reminder post. Check the other League (which has all it's strips in).

I sent flickguy an e-mail a few hours ago telling him that he had 6 hours left to get his strip in. (Already I'm wishing that Brad could program an interface to manage these contests).

Realistically, unless people start voting after midnight ET (possible with timezones, and you are free to do so) he has until around 6:00am ET, since I will likely be asleep before the deadline passes.

---

12-10-01 6:34pm (new)

fuzzyman
Alpha Geek

Member Rated:

Time to Vote!

You have 24 hours for your puny voice to be heard. Remember, you are voting for the worst strip.

Flickguy, unfortunately you did not submit a strip by the deadline and are out of the game. That's the way it goes.

Who will be the first deemed redundant in the contest? Who secretes badness in their strip? Who has leeched onto this contest, only to be ousted in the first round? Who has made The Weakest Strip?

---

12-11-01 4:02am (new)

kramer_vs_kramer
Stripcreator Newbie

Member Rated:

Bogart

12-11-01 4:18am (new)

kaufman
Director of Cats

Member Rated:

TheElPaso

---
ken.kaufman@gmail.com

12-11-01 4:51am (new)

DexX
What the Cat Dragged In

Member Rated:

Hey, you guys have forgotten to include the bewildering justification for your vote...

TheElPaso, because the magical hippopotamus who lives under my bed told me to.

---
This signature has performed an illegal operation and has been shut down.

12-11-01 5:04am (new)

kramer_vs_kramer
Stripcreator Newbie

Member Rated:

Don't they just give the names first, then Anne asks someone to elaborate on their choice?

12-11-01 5:28am (new)

Stripcreator » Comic Competitions » Comic Cup VII: The Weakest Strip - Pedantic League

reload page with comics

Jump to:

Post A Reply

stripcreator
Make a comic
Your comics
Create account
Forums
Help
comics
Random Comic
Comic Contests